It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: UK Royal Family privacy and Canada  (Read 324 times)

Online msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
UK Royal Family privacy and Canada
« on: January 15, 2020, 01:32:11 AM »
There's been a LOT of tosh written in the UK press about the decision of Harry and his wife Meghan to seek a lessor role

As someone who lives in a part of rural Glos'shire where Charles and Di and Princess Anne live - us 'commoners' got to see and meet the Royals, frequently ..  I 'knew' Harry when he was a 'bump' and a pub I use barred him in his excessive days .

So, forgive the 'trolling' - but I'm observing utter twaddle being posted in the news (and elsewhere)

The Royal Family have had two divorces in the nineties - Charles and Anne - yet some clueless folk seem to think this last happened when the last Royal Family member wanted to marry an American  :cluebat:

Harry was 'naughty' ..a Royal pain in the arse.. when younger and has more than redeemed himself in the military and with his Invictus Project

Do I think they can 'duck out' in Vancouver ?  Probably not - but at least the UK tabloid press will have to freeze their bits off in winter to annoy the couple.

No to Brexit, Yes to a People's Vote on Brexit, THEN a General Election

Online Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: UK Royal Family privacy and Canada
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 08:03:36 PM »

Do I think they can 'duck out' in Vancouver ?  Probably not - but at least the UK tabloid press will have to freeze their bits off in winter to annoy the couple.

The weather is way too nice in Vancouver. I recommend a beachfront property near Yellowknife, Nwt. for maximum privacy.
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 06:05:27 PM »
It rains almost continuously in Vancouver from about October to early April, is gloomy and overcast.  Plus, they're not in Vancouver, they're in Victoria, on Vancouver Island.  Of course, being the "woke" environmentalists that they are, they hop over to visit Vancouver by sea plane, rather than the more mundane, though environmentally more friendly, ferry.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
To love someone means to see him as God intended him. - Fyodor Dostoevksy

Online Trenchcoat

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 05:18:23 PM »
I'm no fan of the Royal Family but I would say it should be an 'All In or All Out' deal. The arrangement that has been reached amounts to cherry picking the lucrative bits while ducking the duty. It allows Meg & Harry to go off and build up profitable ventures without the risk due to income that they will still gain by still being Royals, i.e Duchy of Cornwall, etc.

In fact a recent article on the BBC website detailing where they got all their money from surprised me. They all benefit from several sources all of which are derived from the population over time, taxpayers, assets seized over the centuries, etc. They are vastly wealthy yet you can see by Harry's face that he is put out by the $2.4 million they need to pay back of taxpayers money for the refurbishment of Frogmore cottage, despite having vast sums of money to have been capable of doing this themself.

For me it looks like it is high time that the whole Royal Family existence itself should be questioned. The next thing a Referendum should be held on I think.
No Deal is Ideal, It's a Free Britain we want :)

Online msmob

« Reply #4 on: Today at 01:39:31 AM »
Trench, now a 'Republican' ?)))

Online Trenchcoat

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:04:48 AM »
Trench, now a 'Republican' ?)))

Yes indeed, always have been :)
No Deal is Ideal, It's a Free Britain we want :)

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #6 on: Today at 09:41:35 AM »
I'm no fan of the Royal Family but I would say it should be an 'All In or All Out' deal. The arrangement that has been reached amounts to cherry picking the lucrative bits while ducking the duty. It allows Meg & Harry to go off and build up profitable ventures without the risk due to income that they will still gain by still being Royals, i.e Duchy of Cornwall, etc.

In fact a recent article on the BBC website detailing where they got all their money from surprised me. They all benefit from several sources all of which are derived from the population over time, taxpayers, assets seized over the centuries, etc. They are vastly wealthy yet you can see by Harry's face that he is put out by the $2.4 million they need to pay back of taxpayers money for the refurbishment of Frogmore cottage, despite having vast sums of money to have been capable of doing this themself.

For me it looks like it is high time that the whole Royal Family existence itself should be questioned. The next thing a Referendum should be held on I think.

Well, when the two females and two males heads of the royal household held their meeting (your queen and Charlie - William and Harry respectively), I guess Meghan felt she was above this royal silliness and decided not to waste her time and partake in such drama. After all, living off other people's sweat and hard work is not really something she completely grew up on despite her *liberal* upbringing. There's still a part of Meghan that's *American*, and being independent is still rooted in her being.

Meghan wanting to be a self-absorbed Hollywood celeb is her lifelong dream, and Harry is simply pussy-whipped. At this point, he's ready to give up the kingdom in a New York minute if that what makes her happy.
~1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming
~

msmob  (Yes, he really said these)

Online msmob

« Reply #7 on: Today at 02:06:25 PM »
Always entertaining to read GQB's, " I know other folks lives better than they do",  'ASSessments'

Like I said .. there's been A LOT of bollox written on this subject

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #8 on: Today at 05:54:17 PM »
The pshyt is starting to hit the proverbial Hollywood fan already...

Quote from: Bette Midler
What a sad story. They hounded and bullied her until it was no longer tenable to stay, just like Diana. They'll never learn until it hits them in the wallet. I hope she bankrupts them all.

Quote from: Piers Morgan
People say I'm too critical of Meghan Markle - but she ditched her family, ditched her Dad, ditched most of her old friends, split Harry from William & has now split him from the Royal Family. I rest my case.

Just to quote a couple...

As for the prospective new designated peons, it appears they're not too receptive to the idea of being the surrogate caretakers either..though methinks they’ve no choice in the matter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7895325/Nearly-three-quarters-Canadians-dont-want-pay-Harry-Meghan-living-country.html

LMAO! Mewonders if Duchess Sarah Ferguson is actually Harry's real mumski..sure looks like the resemblance is far more striking than the late Princess Diana's...maybe it's in the future *Hollywood Tell-All* revelation that may yet come out...

:devil:

Dang! We haven't yet touched on the juiciest of all...good ol' Andrew's 'custodial guardianship' of the misguided nubile that abounds. Sure looks like there's more than a graveyard full of skeleton in that royal closet, man. I bet Quentin Tarantino is chomping at the bit just about now. Maybe Steven Spielberg will get the rights and make 'Meghan's List'..
« Last Edit: Today at 08:30:03 PM by GQBlues »
~1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming
~

msmob  (Yes, he really said these)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 9990
Latest: MatroskinFM
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 496577
Total Topics: 19517
Most Online Today: 8004
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 31
Guests: 7134
Total: 7165

+-Recent Posts

Re: Operation White Panther by GQBlues
Today at 08:37:55 PM

Re: UK Royal Family privacy and Canada by GQBlues
Today at 05:54:17 PM

Re: Operation White Panther by ML
Today at 05:46:53 PM

Re: Light at the end of the tunnel for saving Western Society by Trenchcoat
Today at 03:42:42 PM

Re: Operation White Panther by msmob
Today at 03:25:29 PM

Re: Newly Joining the Married Club: Steve and T by BillyB
Today at 03:16:21 PM

Re: Starting and Running a Business in the Republic of Georgia, Batumi by Boethius
Today at 03:15:22 PM

Re: Starting and Running a Business in the Republic of Georgia, Batumi by BillyB
Today at 03:13:08 PM

Re: Light at the end of the tunnel for saving Western Society by Boethius
Today at 03:04:41 PM

Re: Light at the end of the tunnel for saving Western Society by Patagonie
Today at 02:45:42 PM