It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: I'm eager for your opinions  (Read 24569 times)

Offline Blues Fairy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: I'm eager for your opinions
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2007, 12:55:49 PM »
The truly beautiful women are courted by wealthy russian men?  isn't that kind of like saying the desirable women don't marry abroad and to aim for the less-than-desirables?  Thats not very encouraging.

And not very nice to us who chose to marry a foreigner.  So by definition we are not truly beautiful.

Offline Turboguy

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2007, 01:01:24 PM »
I think there are two things that come into play.  One is what you have to offer and I am not necessarily talking about money.   The second thing is luck and persistence.  

The reality is that you can find a woman who is much better than you can find in America in terms of looks, intelligence, class and character.    A decade ago times were tougher, there were fewer men there with success and power and the gals that were a 10 were more receptive to a foreign man and things were not as competitive as they are today.    If someone is older, overweight, and not very successful and goes expecting to end up with a 21 year old wife who looks like she should be on the cover of Vogue he is probably going to come back disappointed.  It can happen but the odds are not good.  

The women who will be happy to consider you will probably be about two notches better than you can do here.  That more than makes it worth the effort.   Yes, if the women you date here are 8's then you may have a good shot at a 10 there.   Still the first girls that pop up on popular sites are getting letters from about every man who joins the agency and the competition is tough.   They also have a lot of RM after them.  

Most anyone here will tell you it is worth the effort.

BluesFairy,  I will hold him for you if you want to slap him along side his head.  There are lots of beautiful women who are still interested in a foreign man. 

Offline Gator

« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2007, 01:09:51 PM »
Blues Fairy,

Many men can not comprehend a woman's ethereal beauty, of which I believe you have an abundant supply based on your writings.  It is their problem if such men can not appreciate what they are missing.

Offline Blues Fairy

« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2007, 01:18:55 PM »
But I am sure the author of the theory meant no offense to those ladies who are already taken.  The remaining pool of true beauties in FSU are, undoubtedly, all courted by local oligarchs who are, undoubtedly, vastly superior to any mere foreigner in all conceivable aspects. 

Offline justanotherguy

« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2007, 01:31:28 PM »
Is your definition of "desirable women" limited to FSU females who, upon appearance alone, rate a 9 or 10? 

If so, you've answered your own question.

I've had my fun with 10's here in the states and I place more value on personality than looks.  I used 'desirable' in order to include things beyond mere physical attraction.  Certainly Russian men aren't so different that they are only concerned with physical appearance.  I would think an attractive girl with great values and personality would be equally able to get attention there as she would here.  They way it was said merely made it sound to me like there was too much competition for the top shelf women to bother. 

Offline justanotherguy

« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2007, 01:37:59 PM »
JAG,

What is so undesirable about a woman who is:

-  Better looking than the American women who will date you twice.
-  Is well educated, has a strong work ethic, and does not feel entitled.
-  Has solid family values.
-  Would make a splendid life partner if you treated her nicely.
-  Shares many of your interests.

If you seek only a "10", be aware that they too can be just as spoiled as their American counterparts from all the attention they receive from Russian men and European men. 

There are some remarkably beautiful women who are interested in meeting foreign men with a strong game.  "Interested" is a long way from "being committed to marry a foreign man."   One may actually meet you for tea or an evening dinner.  The next day she may not answer your phone call.

If I found any of that undesirable I wouldn't be on the forum now would i? :)

I don't want a woman who is 'committed to marry a foreign guy' as I don't want my 'foreigness' to be a significant factor in her attraction to me.  I want a woman who is open to the idea, and finds me to be her ideal partner... ideal enough that she can tolerate the cultural obstacles and be willing to move here.  I'd be willing to move myself if I thought I could continue my business success there though that doesn't seem likely.

I want this kind of woman because this is what I am (but not a woman :)).  I just want to be happy, and I'm willing to do whatever it takes for that to happen.  I don't have some foreign girl fantasy, or a hatred of local women.  Merely playing the statistics it seems in my best interest to consider looking outside the US or other westernized countries.  The woman I seek should feel the same way.

Offline Aquarius Sun

« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2007, 01:46:40 PM »
Thank you turboguy and kenc for your replies.  Now I'm on the way..   ;)

Offline justanotherguy

« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2007, 01:56:29 PM »
I think there are two things that come into play.  One is what you have to offer and I am not necessarily talking about money.   The second thing is luck and persistence.  

The reality is that you can find a woman who is much better than you can find in America in terms of looks, intelligence, class and character.    A decade ago times were tougher, there were fewer men there with success and power and the gals that were a 10 were more receptive to a foreign man and things were not as competitive as they are today.    If someone is older, overweight, and not very successful and goes expecting to end up with a 21 year old wife who looks like she should be on the cover of Vogue he is probably going to come back disappointed.  It can happen but the odds are not good.  

The women who will be happy to consider you will probably be about two notches better than you can do here.  That more than makes it worth the effort.   Yes, if the women you date here are 8's then you may have a good shot at a 10 there.   Still the first girls that pop up on popular sites are getting letters from about every man who joins the agency and the competition is tough.   They also have a lot of RM after them.  

Most anyone here will tell you it is worth the effort.

BluesFairy,  I will hold him for you if you want to slap him along side his head.  There are lots of beautiful women who are still interested in a foreign man. 

I'm young (27), in shape (former Marine), no exwives, no kids, and financially successful (in the top 10% of US incomes, and growing fast).  I honestly don't think I am a hard sell when I take an honest evaluation of where I'm at.  Most of my friends wonder why I'm single... its because I will not compromise on what I want.  I consider myself attractive, and I'm pretty good at keeping the attention of the women I pursue here.  I don't expect to be any less "desirable" to FSUW than I am to AW.  

Offline groovlstk

« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2007, 02:04:02 PM »
If I found any of that undesirable I wouldn't be on the forum now would i? :)

I don't want a woman who is 'committed to marry a foreign guy' as I don't want my 'foreigness' to be a significant factor in her attraction to me.  I want a woman who is open to the idea, and finds me to be her ideal partner... ideal enough that she can tolerate the cultural obstacles and be willing to move here.  I'd be willing to move myself if I thought I could continue my business success there though that doesn't seem likely.

This is a good attitude and will serve you well in your search. There are enough sadsacks out there who think their financial advantage and blue passport means FSU women will fall in love with them in droves. They're correct, at least temporarily. If you're sincere, get off the beaten path where the masses leave their footprints and dung.

Offline justanotherguy

« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2007, 02:10:36 PM »
This is a good attitude and will serve you well in your search. There are enough sadsacks out there who think their financial advantage and blue passport means FSU women will fall in love with them in droves. They're correct, at least temporarily. If you're sincere, get off the beaten path where the masses leave their footprints and dung.

Define "get off the beaten path".  Just go have fun in the FSU and see who I can meet along the way that may or maynot even be interested in moving?

Offline Joshfire

« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2007, 02:40:02 PM »
I guess I will throw in my two cents here.  I like to think that my wife is in the 9 and 10 range.  I knew there was a lot of competition from other men who had much more money than I.  Could certainly offer her a better life (at least from a materialistic point of view).

But here she is married to me.  Just a guy who got lucky and was able to find someone that truly loves me.  And believe me there were times before we got married that I wasn't sure about that.  But, after she arrived here in the U.S. I went through one of the worst things that anyone could go through.  Most people including myself probably would have made a run for it.  Not her, she dug in and was there with me all the way.  I told myself that if I ever wanted proof of her love I got it.

I do want to say this though.  Before we ever met in person, we had shared so many pictures that I had no doubt about what she looked like.  I didn't want any surprises.  So ask for a lot of pictures.  Share ones of yourself also.  It's so much better than getting there and her finding out that you missed your plane, but the Frankenstein who sort of looks like you didn't.  Or you look exactly as you were presented, but well the woman you went to see is gone and has been replaced with Frankenstein's bride.
Joshfire

Offline justanotherguy

« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2007, 05:29:21 PM »
I guess I will throw in my two cents here.  I like to think that my wife is in the 9 and 10 range.  I knew there was a lot of competition from other men who had much more money than I.  Could certainly offer her a better life (at least from a materialistic point of view).

But here she is married to me.  Just a guy who got lucky and was able to find someone that truly loves me.  And believe me there were times before we got married that I wasn't sure about that.  But, after she arrived here in the U.S. I went through one of the worst things that anyone could go through.  Most people including myself probably would have made a run for it.  Not her, she dug in and was there with me all the way.  I told myself that if I ever wanted proof of her love I got it.

I do want to say this though.  Before we ever met in person, we had shared so many pictures that I had no doubt about what she looked like.  I didn't want any surprises.  So ask for a lot of pictures.  Share ones of yourself also.  It's so much better than getting there and her finding out that you missed your plane, but the Frankenstein who sort of looks like you didn't.  Or you look exactly as you were presented, but well the woman you went to see is gone and has been replaced with Frankenstein's bride.

How did you meet?

Offline thedub

« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2007, 06:10:40 PM »
You're making a traditional newby mistake by becoming infatuated with photos. (And please, don't try to convince me that you're interested in these girls' profiles or that you share so many common interests--save that rationalization for your female friends and gender studies professor). Don't mean to sound harsh, but I've been there, done that, by way of meeting dozens of FSU women on their home turf through agencies, free personals, and other methods. I'd guess that 90% were quite a bit different than their photos, the upside were the 10% (including my wife) who sent me normal, everyday photos made by friends and family and actually looked even more beautiful in person.

Regardless, if your highest criteria in looking for a wife is her beauty, you're in for a long, hard, and painful search. The truly beautiful FSU women are courted by wealthy Russian men who can give them the life they want without separating them from their families, so why would she be interested in a foreign guy like you?

Love the part about "save it for your female friends and gender studies professor"

:ROFL:

That cracks me up!

I haven't "fallen in love" with any girls because of their photos. Physicaly atraction is clearly part of my criteria - but not at all the highest or only thing I'm looking for. And I'm not going to dump money on A-web. I haven't spent a dime there yet, and if I do it won't be to open a pre-canned letter that they send everyday. I'm just seeing if there are any chinks in the impenetrable A-web armor of corruption. Like I said, I might not spend any money there - ever. I was looking for more of Anna's comments about what her experience was like to have been an A-web girl. Seems if she would have posted more, it would have been valuable insight.

Offline Joshfire

« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2007, 06:35:03 PM »
I hate to even say after all the crap about Aweb.  But we met on Hot Russian Brides which i am sure has the same reputation as Aweb.  But I actually met two different women from that site and had no problems with anything about Hot Russian Brides except for the ridiculous amounts of money they charged for things.  THAT I HAD A PROBLEM WITH!

Anyway, I hadn't been on these boards in a while.  But I told my wife about them and now she seems to be causing problems.  LOL!  So, I thought I would come look for myself.  When I was here KenC (who was my hero having found Lena), Turboguy and a few others were helpful in answering my questions and I really did appreciate it since I didn't really have anyone else to talk to about all this stuff.

The biggest thing I have had to learn through all this is patience.  Because it is a big learning experience.  Not just going there, but her coming here.  Good look on your search.  Share those pictures, you will be thankful you did in the end.

I am married to AnnaFBA by the way.  So, I guess that goes to show you that you never can tell what is going to happen to you on your journey.  At any rate, I am very thankful to have her in my life and she's my 10.  We do butt heads sometimes.  She can be pretty stubborn as I am sure from reading some of her posts you might have gathered.  (Of course I am no dream husband either at times, but I'm trying.)

Oh and I know she is planning on posting more, but she's working a bunch, plus she's answering quite a few PM's.  Oh and Richard, I never went on Aweb for the exact reason you were talking about.  But I will vouch for Anna and what she says about there being real girls there.  I know that one of her best friends just put herself on Aweb.  Who knows the reasoning?  As with anything I believe the more you can educate yourself the better off you'll be.
Joshfire

Offline justanotherguy

« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2007, 06:56:22 PM »
I hate to even say after all the crap about Aweb.  But we met on Hot Russian Brides which i am sure has the same reputation as Aweb.  But I actually met two different women from that site and had no problems with anything about Hot Russian Brides except for the ridiculous amounts of money they charged for things.  THAT I HAD A PROBLEM WITH!

Anyway, I hadn't been on these boards in a while.  But I told my wife about them and now she seems to be causing problems.  LOL!  So, I thought I would come look for myself.  When I was here KenC (who was my hero having found Lena), Turboguy and a few others were helpful in answering my questions and I really did appreciate it since I didn't really have anyone else to talk to about all this stuff.

The biggest thing I have had to learn through all this is patience.  Because it is a big learning experience.  Not just going there, but her coming here.  Good look on your search.  Share those pictures, you will be thankful you did in the end.

I am married to AnnaFBA by the way.  So, I guess that goes to show you that you never can tell what is going to happen to you on your journey.  At any rate, I am very thankful to have her in my life and she's my 10.  We do butt heads sometimes.  She can be pretty stubborn as I am sure from reading some of her posts you might have gathered.  (Of course I am no dream husband either at times, but I'm trying.)

Oh and I know she is planning on posting more, but she's working a bunch, plus she's answering quite a few PM's.  Oh and Richard, I never went on Aweb for the exact reason you were talking about.  But I will vouch for Anna and what she says about there being real girls there.  I know that one of her best friends just put herself on Aweb.  Who knows the reasoning?  As with anything I believe the more you can educate yourself the better off you'll be.

You're not biased.  She is quite attractive :)

How old is her friend lol :)

Offline Joshfire

« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2007, 07:03:04 PM »
You're not biased.  She is quite attractive :)

I do appreciate that!  I'm sure she will also.  I think her friend Olga is 24. 

Ask Anna LOL!  I'm sure she'll tell you all about her. :D
Joshfire

Offline justanotherguy

« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2007, 07:07:30 PM »
I do appreciate that!  I'm sure she will also.  I think her friend Olga is 24. 

Ask Anna LOL!  I'm sure she'll tell you all about her. :D

Tell her to start a website... we'll call it, AnnasModels.com.  I have a B.S. and (almost) Masters in Comp Sci so I can handle all the technical!!!  It will be like the original gmail and people can only join by invite from existing members in order to create a web of trust.  We'll make MILLIONS!

edit... actually, the more i think about it, a web of trust in this whole online-across-the-world seems like a good idea....
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 07:25:03 PM by justanotherguy »

Offline mspanky

« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2007, 07:51:10 PM »
Josh,
 I noticed your beautiful wife is 24. Would you mind telling usa how old you are?

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2007, 09:11:11 PM »
Oh and I know she is planning on posting more, but she's working a bunch, plus she's answering quite a few PM's. 

Unfrigginbelievable! All right, who's hittin on the married woman? Heck, when I first showed up on the forum, nobody PM'd me! And I was single.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Joshfire

« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2007, 09:13:50 PM »
I am 45.  Yes, I spat in the face of conventional wisdom.  But after all the time we had spent together I knew she was the one for me.  I was divorced and I have a 9 year old son.  And no I am not rich and I look pretty much like every other guy.  So if she had any sort of agenda, she could have picked a lot better prospect than me.

These photos were taken the second day Anna arrived here in Los Angeles.  I met her at the airport in New York.  But she flew over from Kiev by herself.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 10:03:25 PM by Joshfire »
Joshfire

Offline Lily

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2007, 11:20:41 PM »
The truly beautiful women are courted by wealthy russian men?  isn't that kind of like saying the desirable women don't marry abroad and to aim for the less-than-desirables?  Thats not very encouraging.

Not true.

if only life would be so simple like 'women of better quality get better men'... but it is not. People are very and very different, women too. There are lots and lots of option to explore.

There are women who knowingly want to marry foreign men. There are beauties among them, too. See the Elenasmodels, for instance. Such women are widely represented at English dating sites.

Beauties have quite a hard life in Russia. They seem to be prisonners of their appearance. Some men sincerely believe that the only good thing a woman can deliver is sex :( I'd never believe it if I would not hear this opinion expressed to me by one affluent Russian man. In Russia, beauty is rarely understood as gift of God. It seems to be just an ordinary thing that you are born with. There are many beauties here, and the beauty bar is set very very high.

Also, there are women who feel more comfortable with online dating than dating in real. For the initial contacts, I mean.

There are beautiful women who just never get in sight of wealthy Russian men!

Last but not least, general quality of Russian men is not that good as of the Western men. I don't mean the wealthy ones, of course.

Please don't be discouraged. Just go, search and communicate.

:)
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline mspanky

« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2007, 08:47:23 AM »
Josh,

You and you're wife are 21 years apart? I would have never guessed. You my friend have not said it, but I will. You look muc younger than your true age .

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2007, 08:54:15 AM »
There are women who knowingly want to marry foreign men. There are beauties among them, too...Also, there are women who feel more comfortable with online dating than dating in real. For the initial contacts, I mean...There are beautiful women who just never get in sight of wealthy Russian men!
Lily, are you waxing autobiographical ;) :-* ;D?
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline KenC

« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2007, 10:17:49 AM »
Joshfire/Anna,
You two make a great looking couple!
KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Blues Fairy

« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2007, 12:38:22 PM »
There are beautiful women who just never get in sight of wealthy Russian men!

And there are some who want out of their sight the minute they get in. :)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541643
Total Topics: 20870
Most Online Today: 1887
Most Online Ever: 12701