It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Celebration!!!  (Read 8419 times)

Offline Rvrwind

• Commercial Member
Celebration!!!
« on: September 19, 2005, 08:51:13 PM »
Well it has been two years to the day that Fred & Natalya plus a few others joined Valya & I for the big day in Tver.  The day that my wife & I exchanged our vows & became forever united.

Although others have been married longer & I can claim no great succes having only two years it has been a great ride. We still continue to love & charish each other & the family & friends we have accumulated continue with us.

The party is next Saturday & I am gonna get sooooo drunk, LOL.;)

I only hope for all of those still looking that they can find what I & others have & that they enjoy it as much as I have. Good luck to you all.

RVR - Canadian Cowboy
Tver Angels Local and International Introductions
Classy Ladies for Discerning Gentlemen

RVR-Canadian Cowboy
Dyin' is easy, it's livin' thats hard!!!

Offline Bruno

Celebration!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 09:11:54 PM »
Quote from: Rvrwind
The party is next Saturday & I am gonna get sooooo drunk, LOL.;)

Good... we will have some other photo with you in interesting situation on these forum ... :D:D:D

Rvr, your two year is already a good indication about your succes... don't forget that you are living in Russia and if she wish, it will be more easy for her to quit you... so, your 2 year are maybe like 4 in other situation... and in some way, you are good integrated, your party and drink like russian man :D:D:D

Happy birthday ;)

Offline ConnerVT

Celebration!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 11:35:58 PM »
It is difficult to believe that two years have passed already.  Best wishes and continued health and happiness to you and Val from our entire family.

Offline jb

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Celebration!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 02:34:32 AM »
Let me add mine and Etna's best wishes for a happy anniversary and many more good years to come.  

My wife made the comment the other day, "as we get older, time rides on a rocket". It seems like we got on that rocket only yesterday, but it was 4 years ago now.  I can't imagine where the time went.  I wonder if you feel the same way about your 2 years together.

Offline KenC

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Celebration!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 04:09:48 AM »
Richard,

Happy anniversary to you and Valya.  I was wondering if there was any truth to the rumor that you only married Valya in order to get into Russia?:D

KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bruce

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Celebration!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 04:11:01 AM »
Hearty Congratulations :)!
"A word is dead when it is said, some say.  I say it just begins to live that day."  Emily Dickinson

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
  • A man paints with his brains and not with his hand
Celebration!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005, 05:04:33 AM »
Congrats to you and have a GREAT time Saturday at your celebration!  You give us all hope with your story :)
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.  michelangelo

Offline Leslie

• Opted-Out
Celebration!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2005, 09:47:07 AM »
Congratulations Richard & Valya !

Years pass so quickly. 

Seems only yesterday that Richard Visits Russia (for the first time) and I was visiting Kherson....

All the Best,

Les, Natasha and Tamara

Offline ConnerVT

Celebration!!!
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2005, 12:13:42 PM »
Quote from: KenC
 I was wondering if there was any truth to the rumor that you only married Valya in order to get into Russia?:D

Can you blame him?  I has to be warmer than where he used to live...  :P

Offline START2

Celebration!!!
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2005, 02:01:19 PM »
Congrats rvr!!!!  Even though we have 18 months together,  Saturday will be our first legal day as man and wife. I wish you continued happiness.

Offline Rvrwind

• Commercial Member
Celebration!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2005, 07:27:00 PM »
Thanks to all, very much appreciated.

Now I'll amswer some individual commets, LOL.
Good... we will have some other photo with you in interesting situation on these forum ... :D:D:D

Dang I hope not Bruno, Fred already has enough dirt on me, no need to give him more:P
I wonder if you feel the same way about your 2 years together
Couldn't agree more jb, it has passed so fast I can hardly believe it myself. The time just seems to fly & where it goes I have no idea. I would have thought that I would have accomplished much more in the time I have been here but when I look back I can't figure out why I didn't, just seems as though I never had time.:? Its been a ride though of that there is no doubt, especially in that I moved here instead of the other way around. Has made things very interesting & we have had some great adventures together & continue to do so. My greatest fear is that the rest of our time together will pass as quickly & I will regret not having done this when I was 25 instead of 50 so we could have more time together. Of course she would only be 8 so chances of our getting together would not have been good.:DSo based on that assessment, no regrets!
 I was wondering if there was any truth to the rumor that you only married Valya in order to get into Russia?:D[/font][/b]
The absolute truth Ken & don't let anybody tell you different, :D. Actually I tell her I married her for her money, that gets her laughing to no end!!!:shock:
Seems only yesterday that Richard Visits Russia (for the first time) and I was visiting Kherson....

Wow, Les I remember that, don't we call those the good old days, LOL. Sure doesn't seem like that long ago, damn, time flies when your havin' fun.;)
Can you blame him?  I has to be warmer than where he used to live...  :P

Not by a whole lot it ain't but by a little. Actually it has been pretty chilly here this week, but probably snow on the ground back home. Next move: Kazachstan!!!:P
Even though we have 18 months together,  Saturday will be our first legal day as man and wife. I wish you continued happiness.

And I to you as well, may your future be as fun filled & enjoyable as mine has!!
Hearty Congratulations :)!

Thanks Bruce, I'm still waiting to hear if I'm a step Uncle yet!!! Give V my best & a hug.!!!
You give us all hope with your story :)

There's always hope Micheal. As long as you stand tall & never step back from your goal, you will reach it. Be willing to listen & take advice & all will come to you. Take it from somebody who learned the hard way, but was still smart enough to take a little advice.

On a side note. A big Thank You to Andrew for the bottle of Vana Tallin that he & his lady gave us as a gift during my visit to Tallin last year. We saved it for a special occaision just as I promised & it is very tasty! Thanks Andrew!!:)

Thanks to you all for your thoughts, I consider you all, even though some of us have never met face to face, my friends.

May you know only joy & happiness in your lives, now walk away from the puter & give your wives a kiss & a hug & tell them you love them. You'll make their day!!!

RVR - Canadian Cowboy

« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 08:02:00 PM by Rvrwind »
Tver Angels Local and International Introductions
Classy Ladies for Discerning Gentlemen

RVR-Canadian Cowboy
Dyin' is easy, it's livin' thats hard!!!

Offline ConnerVT

Celebration!!!
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2005, 02:11:15 AM »
Quote from: Rvrwind
now walk away from the puter & give your wives a kiss & a hug & tell them you love them. You'll make their day!!!

Going to take that advice right now, Rvr.  BUt I always make certain to do it several times a day.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541647
Total Topics: 20870
Most Online Today: 1531
Most Online Ever: 12701