It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 2008 is Almost Over; Happy 2009!  (Read 7516 times)

Offline Blues Fairy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: 2008 is Almost Over; Happy 2009!
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2009, 11:15:18 AM »
Your dogs are such wimps.  :D  Here's an example of a brave and vicious animal:

Happy New Year to everyone!
Simoni, congratulations! :)

Offline Simoni

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2009, 11:19:02 AM »
Your dogs are such wimps.  :D  Here's an example of a brave and vicious animal:

Happy New Year to everyone!
Simoni, congratulations! :)

Thanks, BF!

Nice cat!  :D

But what Gator did NOT mention, is that there are GATORS, real ones, around his house and in the swamp.  His dog was fortunate to make it through the night!  Your cat would be just a small bite for those 12 ft. long gators!

Offline Blues Fairy

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2009, 11:25:20 AM »
Your cat would be just a small bite for those 12 ft. long gators!

My Pushkin would take on a Gator any time!  :P In fact he's just had a Gator for breakfast before taking that stroll!  :D

Offline Misha

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2009, 02:33:07 PM »
We found out in June that our first baby is coming our way, and now we are only nine weeks away from her (its a girl!) joining us.  What a blessing!

Congratulations Simoni! That is certainly wonderful news and wish you and your family the best this coming year!

My wife and I just came back from a week in Mexico. It was a wonderful trip and we really enjoyed ourselves! Note to Canadians: if your wife is a Canadian PR, she does not need a visa for a direct flight and travel to Mexico. She just has to show her Russian passport and PR card when entering Mexico.

My wife is now resting up from her trip and taking a nap. Even though the water was perhaps chilly at times, we spent several hours each day in the water along with long walks. I will therefore take this opportunity to wish a Happy New Year to all the members of RWD. May 2009 bring you much joy and happiness, may your families be happy and most importantly healthy. May you find prosperity and contentment in your lives.

Misha
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 02:49:11 PM by Misha »

Offline Simoni

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2009, 02:47:24 PM »
Thanks, Misha.   Glad you guys had a great time in Mexico.

I'm looking forward to showing my wife the U.S. and Canada, too.  We did a cruise into the Mexico area last spring, and have hit a number of states since then.  We love to travel. 

Have a wonderful 2009!

~Simoni

Offline Diplomacy

« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2009, 03:59:05 PM »
BF is that a Siberian Forest cat?  Sure looks a lot like mine.  She likes the water too, her name is Ursula and pure FSU woman personality.

I had a 24 hour day.  Got up at 4 am, just could not sleep in a little.  Went to work after getting the animals fed and exercised.  Made a mad dash to the Euro Deli after finding out from our new member sailor what it was called. Thanks a lot!

Once I arrived at the Deli Mart lol.  I thought Glory is mine this Day!  They had my favorite Kiev Chocolates with Hazel Nuts, and the big box at that.  Well look at that only $10 a box, sweet!  After a glorious Horosho said so everyone could hear me, I started to make my way around.

I am once again finding the other item that had escaped my previous hunt for ingredients.  The all elusive buckwheat, which I now know what it is lol.  Sailor your wife is right, it goes for a premium. 

Ahh, those glorious meats, cheeses, and smoked fish.  All there for the asking, sweet this is not even far from my house.  After a quick loo around, mostly just trying to see if I could read labels and understand the festive Russian filling the air.  I was ready for the line.

The owner was talking to some people in English, and then others in Russian.  It is my turn to pay for my spoils and he says Privet!  Sweet, he clearly either heard my horosho or thought that there was a better than 0 chance I knew Russian.  Theory C, is he always does that and well that does not make much of an adventure.

I had conversation in short sentences and he at least played along, but did not say are you learning Russian?  Or even if I was in fact from the FSU.  Ahh, the Oy after I go to pay for the spoils with the credit card.  My French last name lol.  I chuckled and he laughed.  I guess my cover was blown.

My review, they need to charge for the grocery bag for the full effect. 

Well, I had been gone a bit longer than I should for lunch, but I had the secret weapon.  I was not taking an extra long lunch, I was getting treasures for my troops.  Much different.  Many people said those were the best chocolates they had ever had.  Everyone had to see the cover and comment on how cool it was.

Ahh, yes my plan was working as well as it could.  Now was the moment to hit the VP up to leave early.  Hey Chief, I got an 8 hour time zone difference working against me here.  Can I jet out of here early.  Of course, yes the plan was executed to perfection.

Off to the home and onto Skype.  Where I got to be part of the last half hour of New Year.  Great fun and got to tell everyone what I wished for and hear Victor's speech.  Phew better try to get a couple winks, which did not happen.

Then off to my friends house for a great meal, and you guessed it another box of those glorious chocolates.  Huge hit and you would have thought I had brought the elixir of life.  Hours over a hot stove and prepping, not for this man.  Ahh, the glorious day.

Then it is some texas hold Em.  Good players too, but took home a hefty war chest. Yep, little did they know they had pretty much paid for the chocolates.  I was up $10 for the night in tourney $5 stakes. 

Ahh, now the more sinister part of the plan.  At 24.01 I started the SMS to the fiance.  Yep, light sleeper she is.  She called my laughing after about #5, which were spaced out 20 minutes apart.

Oy, I say.  You and Mama not make any breakfast yet?  I thought you would be wake by now.

Well at about 4 am, I made a run for it back home.  I had not had a drop to drink.  Sent the SMS that I was snug as a bug in a rug.  As I started to doze off thinking if I had her figured out as good as I thought.

Yep, 08.00 and the SMS starts, then 20 minutes apart.  Then a phone call and just laughter on the other end.  I laughed and asked if she told Papa and Mama what I had done.  She said yes, and they all started laughing.  With revenge exacted I went back to sleep.  With thoughts of the MIL worrying about if I had enough to eat.   

Offline UTRO

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2009, 09:09:58 PM »
S'Novym Godom Everyone!!!
I have recovered from my first NewYear in Kirov :)
No ice sculptures and slides in Theatre Square this year. Unfortunately the temperatures were too mild and there wasn't enough snow during November/December.
A quiet time spent with friends eating traditional Russian dishes, drinking champagne and playing games. After midnight we went outside to light some fireworks and sing both Western and Russian Christmas/NewYear songs.
Today we meet with the family and go to the Banya.
Congrats Simoni and Marina :)

Offline Simoni

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2009, 09:38:29 PM »
Thanks, Utrobina!

I'm glad you got to experience Kiev at New Year.  I was there last New Year; it was COLD!  But the lights were beautiful and the music fun.

Enjoy that Banya--one of the great pleasures of Ukraine!

Happy New Year!

Offline Ade

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2009, 07:34:37 AM »
It's pretty self evident that posters like pike/poke/albert and sextourist here thrive off the attention they get - both positive and negative.

Just ignore them and like petulant children they will go away eventually.

please ignore the above, it was meant for a different thread but posting from my pda caused a little hiccup. :D

Happy new year from Arkhangelsk btw...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 07:41:24 AM by SeriouslyJaded »

Offline AnastassiaAsh

• Commercial Member
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2009, 04:24:13 PM »
Again Happy New Year everyone!

Here is our decorated living room. See more pics in the Gallery.  ;)

Offline Diplomacy

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2009, 04:57:25 PM »
Beautiful Room Anastasia!  I am going to get my home to FSU clean, it may be the death of me at this point.  Especially when I had my friend explain what a pack rat is.  Now she says I am a mouse that must get the old stuff outside.  Please!(notice it is never said as a question?) :thumbsdown: :thumbsup:

One room Down

Offline Vaughn

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2009, 09:34:18 PM »
Diplomacy, in my wife's own words:

With a nod of approval, "Looks OK."

a few seconds later, walking away, "It'll be easy enough to change..."

Offline Diplomacy

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2009, 07:03:36 AM »
Vaugh:

Perfect!  I just want it to be clean and not bare walls.  The decorating is all up to her.  The easy enough to change is the plan. 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541781
Total Topics: 20876
Most Online Today: 1564
Most Online Ever: 12701