It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Opinions Please....ducks, "Hey not those kinds...they hurt!!!!  (Read 16956 times)

Offline ScottinCrimea

Re: Opinions Please....ducks, "Hey not those kinds...they hurt!!!!
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2009, 07:27:53 PM »
Sorry ScottinCrimea,But......Your idea of intimate and mine are a little different!

GOB

Fair enough

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2009, 08:06:43 PM »
I did the same and also found nothing.  This only means that to this point no one has done what JR did and posted them somewhere.  Now if anyone does a search they will find this thread and will at least have more information than they had before.

I didn't think there was anything so intimate in the letters that it was ungentlemanly to post them.  They are NOT in an intimate relationship (At least according to JR).

What I really liked about the letters was how there was a place in practically every paragraph to insert the name of the man of the moment.

That too was the first thing I noticed. Then there was the emotion and physical fantasies. Quite a stretch for just a few emails. Where I saw the scammer improvement was the english structure was much improved

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2009, 08:45:41 PM »
I did the same and also found nothing.  This only means that to this point no one has done what JR did and posted them somewhere.  Now if anyone does a search they will find this thread and will at least have more information than they had before.

That has actually already happened with another of my posts. About a week ago I guy googled one line of a letter he recieved from lady he was fallin for and it just happened to be the one line I added to my post! It brought him here and now he is a member. We PM'd about her and found that she was posted on a anti-scam site six years back for a visa-ticket scam.
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2009, 03:51:24 PM »
DAMN! ! ! She gave me an address :(

Now what? I thought I could put this one to bed. Now I have more head scratching to do, Grrrr.

OK, here is the problem. My gut tells me she is a scammer. But I'm trying not to be overly paranoind and give the benefit of the doubt.

A quick search of her email address and she shows on ONE anti-scam site. Google the log-in name off that page and you get five pages of dating sites. I check a few and when there is a photo it is the same one. And always the same text. The photo and text makes sense for a real person. No big deal being on so many sites, I'm on more that I can count and around half of them I didn't even sign up for. The problem comes in that in the original profile I saw on Scanna it said she lived in Lubotin (Lyubotin) which is near Kharkov. I questioned her about this and she stated that the nearest big city to her was Kiev. ? ? ?  Several of the dating sites say she lives in Lubotin. One says she lives in Michigan, USA. All with the same text, age, height, weight, occupation and even birthday.

Now here is the kicker. I used the suggestion of an email with no more than a request for an address and I get the address. But it is in Gorodok (Horodok), which is about 20 kilometers west of L'viv!?!?! I told her I wanted to send her a present. (There's the bait!) She responds with, "I won't get it, the post here is bad, save it until we meet. You know, you are the best present for me."

CRAP ! ! ! !

She gave me her phone number awhile back (unsolicited) but I didn't call her (cause I think she's a scammer) for about a month or more. I have spoken with her on the phone maybe twice. Her English is excellent but she's not as warm as in her letters.
This is her scam page: http://www.romancescam.com/blog/blog.php?bid=4954

I asked Wayne at r-scam and this what he said to me: "Any profiles that are posted on the blog come from known scammer IP addresses. We don't give them the chance to ask for money before posting them as that's proof enough for us." So the problem is that the IP in their scam base is different from the one in her header.

IPs can be changed.

Info can be stolen.

I think I am going to send the hand thingy. Part of me says "Screw this crap!" and just leave it alone. There are a lot of signs of being a scammer. Another part of me says "Your stuff has been stolen and put on sites without your permission or knowledge, what makes you think it can't happen to others?" I haven't checked any of my "Ghost Profiles" to see where I live but perhaps I should.

The little investiging (very little) I have done points to a scammer. The interaction is less indicative of the scammers I have run into before.

So I really don't know what to do. I would appreciate suggestions.

Thanks in advance
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline Sculpto

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2009, 04:04:09 PM »
JR.. send me a pm.. there are ways to dig into this.  I do not want to post here lest the scammers read it.

being posted on a scam site means nothing.  Waynes comment about using known scammer ip addresses means nothing also.  The ONLY reason someone should be posted on a scam site is when they have gone so far as to make the money request.  Otherwise it is guilty until proven innoccent.  Scam site owners have other potential agencdas that make them unreliable sources.  I was even banned from an anti scam forum for suggesting the mods might have made a mistake because they too were listing people based only on the use of a certain IP range.

Anyway.. I can help most likely.  But, give me a few hours till I get away from this desk.

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2009, 04:34:47 PM »
OK I found it.

In her second letter to me she wrote that she lives in Lubotin. Google Maps shows (Lyubotin) as 20 kilometers west of Kharkov. I questioned her about this in my response to that letter and in her third she affirmed that she lives in Lubotin but that the nearest big city is Kiev.

In her lates letter she claims to live in Gorodok. Google Maps shows (Horodok) as about 20 kilometers west of L'viv.

Offline Aloe

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2009, 12:45:01 AM »
ok Jolly, since it's scammer, show us pictures :P

Offline Mishenka

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2009, 08:20:21 AM »
Scratch one more off the list.

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2009, 11:03:10 PM »
Her IP address shows as Plano, Texas, USA. So she's using a proxy server to hide her real address.

This is her ninth letter to me. No one writes like this after nine "How was your week?" letters. Still trying to talk myself out of doing the flower delivery thing, seems like such a waste. Guess I'll just try to speed her up to the request for money.

Hello, Joey!

Thank you for your words! Thank you for your existence in my life! Thank you that you are in my world and in my life! And thank you that I start my letter like this because of you! Every your letter makes me be so happy that I tell you these words from my heart! It is so pleasant for me that you tell me your thoughts and your intentions… You know, I see that we have the same intentions. I even couldn’t imagine that I would find a man who I could understand… And I couldn’t believe that one day I would have such a big pleasure to be with the man of my dream… Yes, Joey, don’t be surprised, you are the man of my dream. I was afraid of telling you about this… and, you know, I was afraid of telling myself about this… But, why can’t I confess that I really like you? Why can’t I confess that I want to be with you? Oh, Joey, what am I telling you?... I hope that I didn’t scare you with my words? I just want to be honest with you and to share with you my thoughts and emotions…

You know, I feel that you influence on me. Do you know how? I feel that I want to change myself for you… I mean not to change, I think it would be better to say that I want to make better myself for you! I want to cook tasty food for you! Yes, don’t laugh, please! :-))) I really want to cook for you something! May be you will give me some ideas. No! I think it would be better if it were a secret for you, Joey, right? I want to wake up with you in the morning and to tell you “good morning, my darling”. I want to confess that I really want it… and I dream about it! It is my dream! You are my dream and you make me happy!

Oh, Joey, do you remember about the pictures? I told you that I wanted to paint the place where we could spend a great time together. So, I painted several pictures! Every time when I think of you, I want to paint something special… Of course, I don’t paint every day. I think of you more often. But if I painted a picture every time when I thought of you…. I think there weren’t any free place in the house where I live! :-))) Anyway, Joey, I like to do it for you… especially for you! I want to tell you that I am very happy that you are in my life! And I understand that you are really important for me…

Karina. 

Offline Lily

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2009, 01:25:00 AM »
This Karina has an obvious epistolarian gift mixed with a share of acting talent :)
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline Doll

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2009, 03:30:19 AM »
I have to agree with Russianfront.

Posting personal letters from your lady is to crass for my PC standards (and my standards, according to RWD Management, are pretty low).

I am sure it is entertaining for some to read, However.......

I can't wait to hear the howling from Doll and Silverbullet about this!

GOB
I give up. Apparently Americans have another set of rules and posting personal stuff is OK. In this regard I would only strongly mind my personal things exposed and I will never do it for anybody.

Offline Doll

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2009, 03:40:12 AM »
This Karina has an obvious epistolarian gift mixed with a share of acting talent :)
Yeah! Also there is something like "too much" in her 9th letter.
How old is she?

Offline Doll

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2009, 04:10:00 AM »
For me personally men who post things like that are very insecure. Period.

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2009, 06:58:03 AM »
JollyRat,

Publishing her written words is odd to me.  I never would do this, and never felt the need.  If I had some doubts, I would just call a woman and talk until my doubts were addressed.

It is to not fair to publish her letter without publishing your letters.  We do not know the context of her letter, i. e., what you wrote/said to her.  Maybe she sees you as a lonely man or a man full of pain,  and she feels the need to reach out.

Are you just playing with this woman?  Or do you consider her as a possible meeting among many?

If the latter, the jury is still out IMO about a potential scam.  Not being an IT wizard, I do not understand her IP implications. There is something odd about photos, don't mail a gift, etc. Yet the photos could be because she is ashamed of something.  And gifts do go missing in the mail.

While your ex-wife was a pianist, and thus an artist, I have noticed a significant difference between women musicians and women who take oil to canvas.  You may just have a "live wire" in this woman.  The question is not whether she's sincere but whether you would be happy living with a woman so expressive with her emotions.  I say that knowing from experience how such women behave when upset (and they do get upset).

Offline Doll

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2009, 07:20:27 AM »
Are you just playing with this woman?
Looks like playing with himself- unsure and insecure.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2009, 09:47:49 AM »
The letter is that of a rambling  adolescent that has her head in the clouds and reeks of a scammer. Quite typical of the form letters they use with a name dropped in various places in a bad attempt to personalize it. Probably a man's attempt at trying to sound like a woman in love.  :rolleyes2:

Offline facetrock

« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2009, 09:52:14 AM »
Jollyrats. Please tell me your not taking her letters seriously, I was hoping you were smarter than that. Normal women dont write letters like this until after you meet and have real feeling for each other. So, why would a woman write to you like that before meeting? Maybe its a scam or maybe she is only eighteen or maybe she is nuts. I am betting all my money on a scam.

Offline Doll

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2009, 10:18:29 AM »
Jollyrats. Please tell me your not taking her letters seriously, I was hoping you were smarter than that. Normal women dont write letters like this until after you meet and have real feeling for each other. So, why would a woman write to you like that before meeting? Maybe its a scam or maybe she is only eighteen or maybe she is nuts. I am betting all my money on a scam.
Agree

Offline Sculpto

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2009, 01:32:45 PM »
Its not a scam until she asks him for money.

Offline facetrock

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2009, 05:01:20 PM »
 Sculpto, Even if it isnt a scam that woman needs therapy.

Offline Sculpto

« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2009, 06:55:06 PM »
Sculpto, Even if it isnt a scam that woman needs therapy.

who doesn't?

Offline giants11

« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2009, 07:00:51 PM »
Hey Dude

Why are you wasting your time and $$ e-mailing her if she a known scammer on the internet?

Honestly move on. If you serious of meeting a lady from FSU countries get on the plane and go over there and spend a month in Ukraine, Russia or Belarus. That is the only way you are going to actaully meet a lady for marriage from there.

Well, good hunting and hope your credit card not close to being maxed out from the e-mails.

Cheers!!

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2009, 09:40:37 PM »
I give up. Apparently Americans have another set of rules and posting personal stuff is OK. In this regard I would only strongly mind my personal things exposed and I will never do it for anybody.

I would only cosider it odd or wrong if she were not a scammer. I am convinced she is....but a clever one, the scam has yet to be sprung. And may just be a pro-dater. I may be wrong but that begs the question "How many emotionally secure/stable women go around talking the way she does?"  I haven't found any. Not before a face to face meeting anyways.

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2009, 09:47:27 PM »
Hey Dude

Why are you wasting your time and $$ e-mailing her if she a known scammer on the internet?

Honestly move on. If you serious of meeting a lady from FSU countries get on the plane and go over there and spend a month in Ukraine, Russia or Belarus. That is the only way you are going to actaully meet a lady for marriage from there.

Well, good hunting and hope your credit card not close to being maxed out from the e-mails.

Cheers!!
Perhaps I am hoping that she is not :) I think of poor BillR and his dilema but he must face his own music. I am not deluding myself, too much of what she says doesn't add up.
I'm not paying for any emails, we correspond directly.
As Sculpto pointed out she's not a scammer til she asks for money, which she hasn't done yet, though I'm convinced she will.

And I am on a place to Moscow at the end of May.

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2009, 09:49:34 PM »
Yeah! Also there is something like "too much" in her 9th letter.
How old is she?

Claims to be 24, I think. Seems I've forgotten

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541782
Total Topics: 20876
Most Online Today: 1528
Most Online Ever: 12701