It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Opinions Please....ducks, "Hey not those kinds...they hurt!!!!  (Read 16960 times)

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
Re: Opinions Please....ducks, "Hey not those kinds...they hurt!!!!
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2009, 09:56:16 PM »
For me personally men who post things like that are very insecure. Period.

I am very secure thank you.
I am here asking for honest opinions about what people think in regards to whether or not they think she is a scammer. I am convinced she is. That is why I posted the letters.
I would NEVER post something I believed to be sincere. It would only be insecure if the letters actually pertained to me. Since it is a scam you may feel free to remove my name in insert any you please but the scam will remain the same.
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2009, 10:04:59 PM »
Jollyrats. Please tell me your not taking her letters seriously, I was hoping you were smarter than that. Normal women dont write letters like this until after you meet and have real feeling for each other. So, why would a woman write to you like that before meeting? Maybe its a scam or maybe she is only eighteen or maybe she is nuts. I am betting all my money on a scam.

I do take her letters seriously. I am serious that I believe she is a scammer. That is why the post is here in the scammer section.
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2009, 10:06:55 PM »
Looks like playing with himself- unsure and insecure.

Doll, your ignorance is showing again, why don't you put it away and stop wearing it on your sleeve like a badge. It's really nothing to be proud of...

Offline Sculpto

« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2009, 10:13:27 PM »
JR,
the more I have thought about it the more I am sure she is playing some game or another.  The little town outside Lviv is the "tell" as far as I am concerned.  As I mentioned the other day I was able to find photos of that little place and I just find it beyond believable that someone who has made the claims she has could be living in such a small place.  It doesn't add up.

However, I think she is a rookie.  I do not think she is a full time scammer or a pawn in a scam gang.  I think she is a rogue, who hasn't done it very often and she is being advised by maybe one girlfriend.  Testing the waters so to speak. 

The other thing that really bothers me though is the IP search.  The IP resolves to an ISP in Plano Texas.  I have encountered this IP before, and, even went so far as to call the customer service office in Plano.  They claimed ignorance but could not confirm or deny who was using their server.  It may be that the server is not well protected and someone is using it as a proxy somehow.  Messed up thats for sure.

Who thinks the scammers and spammers will ruin the www?

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2009, 10:24:02 PM »
OK, here are my letters to her, except for the first two which were pretty much form letters.

Hello Karina,

Hmmm, where do I begin? Should I answer your questions, should I tell you what I think of your confidence or maybe I should just tell you how beautiful you are? What do you think? Well I think I’ll start with your beauty because it’s something I like very much!

Such an attractive woman you are. Exotic dark skin, raven’s hair and blue eyes! Oh my, the men must chase you everywhere! And you say I am attractive J Well thank you…

Confidence is an attractive feature and I find nothing wrong with it. I like people who like themselves. I like myself too but I wouldn’t say I get everything I want. Far from it, I usually get what I work very hard to achieve. So, how hard will I have to work to achieve you? ;)  

My Dear Karina,
Please give me your home address, I wish to send you something....

And that's pretty myuch it. Not much there to make a woman fall head over heels about you.

I tried calling you at 0730 Kiev time but you did not answer :(

Hi Karina,
You miss me? That is sweet :) I tried calling you yesterday at the same time while I was on my way to the gym but I left your number at home :( I'll try again this evening :)
Have a wonderful day!

I tried calling you at 0730 Kiev time but you did not answer :(

Hello Karina,
I have tried calling you but there is no answer :( I will keep trying :)
Joey

Love, trust, happiness and reliability? Yes, hard to find these days but a real treasure when you do. I hope you offer all of those same attributes. Of course I will tell you I am all of those things and so much more but isn’t that like painting my house your favorite color so you’ll like it? Yet underneath are my true colors and one day the exterior paint will fade, chip and fall away and what I really am will come to the surface and I’ll be seen for what I really am. No, I think I’ll just be who I am and let come what may.

How could I think badly of you for thinking highly of yourself? I commend you for that. Far too many people fail to recognize their true value. We are the most important possession we have. I would say that my daughter is my most prized possession but I don’t possess her, I am just honored to be her father and I hope one day she will say to me, “Thank you dad, you did a great job.” But how will you know if a man really deserves you? How will you discern this?

You want to know everything about me? Hmm, that is a lot. How many years do you have, the rest of your life? ;) Let me start by telling you about my daughter Arwen since she is the most important person to me right now.

I am glad you think highly of me and want to know me better. I want to know you better also. You seem like a very intelligent, artistic woman. It is my pleasure to know you.

I am doing great and I hope that you are too! Of course I am doing even better when I receive photos of you J You are such a beautiful woman!

It is interesting to know about your job. I am sure you must really love sausages by now, especially ones that sing! It is good to enjoy your work and the people you work with. Tell me about your ideas. I am very interested to know about them.  

Is Lyubotin close to Kharkiv? I think I have seen it on a map. Were you born there?

You promised to tell me what you dream of in the park but I don't see it anywhere...shall I meet you in your dreams so you can show me yourself? Or shall I just come to visit you in Lubotin at the end of May so you can show me for real?
I am wondering where Lubotin near Kiev is. I find a Lubotin very near Kharkov but nothing elsewhere. Why is that? Can you send me a link so that I may see your little town? Oh yes, and I would love to hear the sound of your voice so can you please send me your phone number so I can call you?

Thank you very much for your warm, tender words....I am flattered by your attentions. As I rode my motorcycle to wrok today I went down the same road that i always do but today it seemed warmer, friendlier. It was because I was thinking of your painting. I was imagining your hands holding the brush, creating magic with every stroke. I though about what you said, that I should give you my ideas. Well I am thinking of you and I. We are like that romantic painting by the lake. Each of us on one side, wanting to be near the other but unable to because of the lake between us. So we lean towards each other, trying to touch, desire strong inside but unable to get out. So we burst into flames of passion so that we might feel the other's heat...and know that we are real. A pleasant, warm thought, yes?
I am glad you speak my language so well. It is important to be able to communicate. Without it what kind of relationship can there be between two people? Nothing of depth I can assure you.
Karina, all your photos are professional, why is that? Do you have a family photo? Or one of you with friends or even, say...a parrot? :) I would love to see them.
I am glad you have a good feeling about our correspondence, I do too.
I hope you have a wonderful day!

Hello Karina,
I just tried to call you @ 0800 but there was no answer :(

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2009, 10:33:32 PM »
JR,
the more I have thought about it the more I am sure she is playing some game or another.  The little town outside Lviv is the "tell" as far as I am concerned.  As I mentioned the other day I was able to find photos of that little place and I just find it beyond believable that someone who has made the claims she has could be living in such a small place.  It doesn't add up.

However, I think she is a rookie.  I do not think she is a full time scammer or a pawn in a scam gang.  I think she is a rogue, who hasn't done it very often and she is being advised by maybe one girlfriend.  Testing the waters so to speak. 

The other thing that really bothers me though is the IP search.  The IP resolves to an ISP in Plano Texas.  I have encountered this IP before, and, even went so far as to call the customer service office in Plano.  They claimed ignorance but could not confirm or deny who was using their server.  It may be that the server is not well protected and someone is using it as a proxy somehow.  Messed up thats for sure.

Who thinks the scammers and spammers will ruin the www?

I have seen that Plano Texcas addy many times before. Always in relation to a scammer. The first thing I do anymore is google an email address. And if the turns up funny I'll search the IP address on DNSstuff.com. If someone is using a proxy server they are are hiding something.

Ther is another reason I started thei thread. I hope someone like BillR will read it and maybe be able to see their scammer in what is written here and avoid the trappings.

Offline Sculpto

« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2009, 10:44:40 PM »
JR, this isn't a criticizm, but, your letters are pretty flowery also.

anyone else think so?

I can't write like that unless I feel something for the person.  I must be boring.  ;)

Offline Aloe

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2009, 04:21:13 AM »
i think so too, the lake paragraph seems like something you'd write to someone you have feelings for :P If i got a letter like that, i'd definitely think the guy feels something! tsk tsk Jolly, misleading :P

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2009, 08:36:45 AM »
i think so too, the lake paragraph seems like something you'd write to someone you have feelings for :P If i got a letter like that, i'd definitely think the guy feels something! tsk tsk Jolly, misleading :P

I always go along with the lead of the scammer. Why not? It is only for fun :)

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2009, 09:11:34 AM »
JR,

If your goal is to teach newbies about scammers, you have not yet proven that she is a scammer.  Your lesson will only work if you continue to play with her and get her to reveal her wicked heart. 

What if she has a sincere heart  behind her flowery phrases and odd IP? 

When Googling cities in the FSU in English, keep in mind that variations in spelling can give different results.

When writing RW, you should ask specific questions.  Does she want children and all the related questions?  What do her parents do?  Ask about her childhood.  Etc.   Specific questions require her to write original material.  Scammers don't like doing that and will typically finesse your questions.

Offline Sculpto

« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2009, 11:17:38 AM »
I agree with Gator JR.  In the low percentage chance she is real your letters have the chance of being viewed in exactly the same way you are viewing hers.  What if she is sitting there going, "is this guy for real?"

Now we need proof she is a scammer.  Assumptions have gone too far.  Innocent until proven guilty. 

Offline Doll

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2009, 02:41:48 PM »
Doll, your ignorance is showing again, why don't you put it away and stop wearing it on your sleeve like a badge. It's really nothing to be proud of...
I'll put it on my neck- soon no sleeves cuz it is hot  :D

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2009, 03:58:25 PM »
I'll put it on my neck- soon no sleeves cuz it is hot  :D

Smart Girl :)

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2009, 04:08:07 PM »
i think so too, the lake paragraph seems like something you'd write to someone you have feelings for :P If i got a letter like that, I'd definitely think the guy feels something! tsk tsk Jolly, misleading :P

I did not lead her on. Instead I followed her lead. Scammers will fall in love with you very quickly. I have seen "I Love You." in the fourth and fifth letters from scammers. One held off until the 12, on her 14 she was asking for money for visa/ticket. My first two letters were canned, I send them to everyone, it's just info about me and since I don't change what does it matter. Then I start writing personal letters.
And who says I don't feel something? What man would not enjoy a flight of fantasy with a beautiful woman half his age who thinks he's the cat's meow? I am simply keeping my head and looking at the situation objectively. I don't want to do what I see BillR doing. When looked at from a distance she looks like a scammer who is more clever than most and uses a personal touch. If I thought she was real I would be there at the end of May instead of going to Moscow. In fact I was planning to go there first but too many signs point to a scammer. If I prove to be wrong I will eat my words and pay the bill. Somehow I don't think I will have to.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 05:32:40 PM by JollyRats »

Offline Sculpto

« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2009, 04:50:00 PM »
I did not lead her on. Instead I followed her lead. Scammers will fall in love with you very quickly. I have seen "I Love You." in the fourth and fifth letters from scammers. One held off until the 12, on her 14 she was asking for money for visa/ticket. My first two letters were canned, I send them to everyone, it's just info about me and since I don't change what does it matter. Then I start writing personal letters.
And who says I don't feel something? What man would enjoy a flight of fantasy with a beautiful woman half his age? I am simply keeping my head and looking at the situation objectively. I don't want to do what I see BillR doing. When looked at from a distance she looks like a scammer who is more clever than most and uses a personal touch. If I thought she was real I would be there at the end of May instead of going to Moscow. In fact I was planning to go there first but too may signs point to a scammer. If I prove to be wrong I will eat my words and pay the bill. Somehow I don't think I will have to.

invite her to Moscow

Offline Doll

« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2009, 06:21:39 PM »
Smart Girl
I know  :blowkiss:

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2009, 04:34:14 PM »
OK, got an email this morning, all mushy and lovey-dovey. Seems I'm the only man for her, there could never be anyone else. I am such a stud! :)
So she has decided to come to me, why not? We should be together!

My bet is that the next letter will go something like this: "I was on my way home from work yesterday and passed a travel agency......

Then will come the tally of funds necessary and the sad fact that though she has begged both relatives and friends with alike she could only come up with $120. She won't knwo what to do because she NEEDS to be with me and can't imagine living without me.....what's to be done?

Maybe, just maybe she'll hold off for one more letter before she actually requests money but I'll bet my last dollar it's coming.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2009, 04:46:08 PM »
OK, got an email this morning, all mushy and lovey-dovey. Seems I'm the only man for her, there could never be anyone else. I am such a stud! :)

My bet is that the next letter will go something like this: "I was on my way home from work yesterday and passed a travel agency......

Then will come the tally of funds necessary and the sad fact that though she has begged both relatives and friends with alike she could only come up with $120. She won't knwo what to do because she NEEDS to be with me and can't imagine living without me.....what's to be done?

Maybe, just maybe she'll hold off for one more letter before she actually requests money but I'll bet my last dollar it's coming.

Hee hee. I'd bet dollars to donuts it's coming. Looking forward to the climatic end  :D

Offline Gator

« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2009, 06:31:41 PM »

If she said she wants to come to America, you are correct.  At least find out how much they ask for in these times.  ;D

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2009, 08:00:03 AM »
OK, she asked for money to get a passport. Says their VERY expensive. Can anyone tell me what the cost for a Ukrianian passport is? Thanks.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2009, 11:32:32 AM »
OK, she asked for money to get a passport. Says their VERY expensive. Can anyone tell me what the cost for a Ukrianian passport is? Thanks.
Just send her $10.000 and let her keep the rest as pocket change ;D
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline Sculpto

« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2009, 12:01:19 PM »
Sorry Jolly.. sucks that you wasted your time.

So, now the question is.. do you want to play with the scammer and send on the wild goose chase?  Or, just drop IT and move on?

If you want to play I have some great games, but, there is some risk involved.

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2009, 03:58:36 PM »
Just send her $10.000 and let her keep the rest as pocket change ;D

I like your idea, I like it soooo much I'm sending your email addy to her :)

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2009, 04:00:52 PM »
Sorry Jolly.. sucks that you wasted your time.

So, now the question is.. do you want to play with the scammer and send on the wild goose chase?  Or, just drop IT and move on?

If you want to play I have some great games, but, there is some risk involved.

It's OK, I knew after about the third email chances were very high she was a scammer. Let me know what you have up your sleeve cuz we are slow at work and I may get bored enough to do it :)

Offline Ooooops

« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2009, 06:24:22 PM »

I found this - "Различные сроки оформления 2–30 рабочих дней и цены 700–3150 грн" (price depends of time of issuing passport - from 2-30 days will cost from 700–3150 hrivna)  So what is 700–3150  hrivna in US dollars?   

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541782
Total Topics: 20876
Most Online Today: 1553
Most Online Ever: 12701