It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Music I love  (Read 169691 times)

Online jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Music I love
« Reply #1700 on: August 12, 2019, 12:05:35 AM »
You already posted his Waltz No.2 two months ago, as I did 8 months ago under the title "A GREAT WALTZ" ;D. Time for another Waltz or three, from Boccherini's Night music in the streets of Madrid:

Russel Crow and Paul Bettany played the waltz from 7'53" to 9'53" in the great cabin of HMS Surprise :D.

Good music.  Classic movie.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline SANDRO43

• Sandro's Website
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1701 on: August 12, 2019, 12:10:45 PM »
Classic movie.
Indeed. Australian director Peter Weir went NHB for his 2003 movie, the production must have cost quite a lot: purchase of an actual frigate replica for shoots at sea, construction of a real-size model for interior shoots, etc.

He was fanatic about accuracy: I have the movie CDs, the second CD has all the preparations he made, for instance about the actual sound of a fired cannon - nearby it starts with a sort of ZIIPPP, like tearing canvas, when the ball exits the barrel, before the loud BOOM is heard :D. Of course, a cast of mostly British and Dominion actors was selected, for credible English accents.

As a kid he was an avid reader of Patrick O'Brian (1914-2000) 21 books of this series, much as I was with C.S. Forester's 10 books on the adventures of Horatio Hornblower, after seeing in 1952 as a 9-year old the movie in full colour :o of Captain Horatio Hornblower, starring Gregory Peck and Virginia Mayo.

The Hollywood costume department made a mess of the other officers' uniforms, a shocking light blue-green colour - not the regulation Navy blue - and exaggeratedly wide coat lapels :(.

To date, my library has a total of 261 - and counting - such books, which allowed me to write that long page on the RN of sailing ships and build my Nautical Glossary.
Milan's "Duomo"

Online jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #1702 on: August 12, 2019, 12:13:39 PM »
Indeed. Australian director Peter Weir went NHB for his 2003 movie, the production must have cost quite a lot: purchase of an actual frigate replica for shoots at sea, construction of a real-size model for interior shoots, etc.

He was fanatic about accuracy: I have the movie CDs, the second CD has all the preparations he made, for instance about the actual sound of a fired cannon - nearby it starts with a sort of ZIIPPP, like tearing canvas, when the ball exits the barrel, before the loud BOOM is heard :D. Of course, a cast of mostly British and Dominion actors was selected, for credible English accents.

As a kid he was an avid reader of Patrick O'Brian (1914-2000) 21 books of this series, much as I was with C.S. Forester's 10 books on the adventures of Horatio Hornblower, after seeing in 1952 as a 9-year old the movie in full colour :o of Captain Horatio Hornblower, starring Gregory Peck and Virginia Mayo.

The Hollywood costume department made a mess of the other officers' uniforms, a shocking light blue-green colour - not the regulation Navy blue - and exaggeratedly wide coat lapels :(.

To date, my library has a total of 261 - and counting - such books, which allowed me to write that long page on the RN of sailing ships and build my Nautical Glossary.

Personally, I just got the DVD.  Probably watched it around 6 times.  Getting the DVD and not reading the book was the lesser of two weevils.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline SANDRO43

• Sandro's Website
« Reply #1703 on: August 12, 2019, 12:18:54 PM »
Personally, I just got the DVD.  Probably watched it around 6 times. Getting the DVD and not reading the book was the lesser of two weevils.
Actually, the movie plot is not following strictly that of the book: HMS Surprise ends up in the Moluccas, much farther West than the Galapagos 8).
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline SANDRO43

• Sandro's Website
« Reply #1704 on: August 15, 2019, 11:36:50 AM »
HISTORIA DE UN AMOR
(1958)
I found a fine guitar score for it, and am preparing my own orchestration, adding several other instruments.
Done :D. I found a MUCH better MIDI to MP3 converter, and used it on my most recent uploads.

I still have 70+ to re-convert :(.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline SANDRO43

• Sandro's Website
« Reply #1705 on: August 17, 2019, 10:57:42 AM »
I still have 70+ to re-convert :(.
Done. I also decided to add the MP3 alternative for playing my pieces of classical music, hitherto without it:

Milan's "Duomo"

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1706 on: August 19, 2019, 09:19:17 AM »
One of the most fun I used to have with my first fender Strat was playing an immortalized 12-bar blues written by JJ Cale. Of course, Ronnie (RIP), as with many others after him, covered this hip bluesy / southern rock classic... Still rocks for me today!

Call Me The Breeze

...Here's Lynyrd Skynyrd's Ronnie Van zant's cover of the song - *phazered* out to rock the tune!

~Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people~ Gator :P

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1707 on: August 20, 2019, 05:18:19 PM »
SILENZIUM
See all their other videos.. Really- really nice and so are their videos :clapping:

Offline SANDRO43

• Sandro's Website
« Reply #1708 on: August 31, 2019, 06:32:41 PM »
APANHEI-TE, CAVAQUINHO
(I got you, cavaquinho)

A lively piece by the prolific Brazilian composer Ernesto Júlio de Nazareth (1863–1934):

Ernesto Júlio de Nazareth - Portuguese and Brazilian cavaquinhos

The cavaquinho is a small, 4-stringed guitar.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas
« Reply #1709 on: September 11, 2019, 09:07:39 AM »
Enjoy......

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas
« Reply #1710 on: September 13, 2019, 06:53:25 PM »
Eddie Money received his ticket...Left today- dead at 70.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas
« Reply #1711 on: September 25, 2019, 02:51:04 PM »
This lady moves around a lot. I think she should.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 9973
Latest: Charlie_M
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 490923
Total Topics: 19416
Most Online Today: 1322
Most Online Ever: 2480