It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?  (Read 455587 times)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
« Reply #1650 on: May 20, 2014, 08:49:59 PM »

this is the type of result I was hoping NOT to see regarding the USA and our worldwide interference, Nuland/Ukraine being the latest...

Undermining US supremacy are the goals of many nations, including our friends in Europe, long before Ukraine and it will continue after Ukraine. It's one more reason I think the US needs to keep an active foreign policy. EU group of nations and now China and Russia partnership shows strength in numbers and partnering with other nations is a must.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1651 on: May 20, 2014, 08:51:18 PM »

Hey Billy!

Thanks for linking that article....Although it is a small step it is exactly this is the type of result I was hoping NOT to see regarding the USA and our worldwide interference, Nuland/Ukraine being the latest...we have had it good here for a good long while by borrowing money, but it seems clear to me that much of the world is tiring of us trying to throw our weight around...when large nations like China and Russia start taking steps like this, we should have concern, not panic..

Fathertime!

The BRICS countries were already talking about dropping the dollar after everything crashed. 

Offline Chelseaboy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #1652 on: May 21, 2014, 12:26:34 AM »
Prince Charles,currently in Canada,has likened the actions of Putin to Hitler.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 12:33:00 AM by Chelseaboy »
Just saying it like it is.

lordtiberius

« Reply #1653 on: May 21, 2014, 03:07:13 AM »
Putler also successfully tested an ICBM rocket and yet his fanboys will spin this as a win win.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1654 on: May 21, 2014, 06:53:40 AM »
...You have got to be the most disturbed individual I have ever seen on these boards.  You got some mental issues, son, and shouldn't even contemplate bringing a woman from a different culture into your mess.

Contemplate bringing a woman into his mess?!? LArdTiberius disturbed individual? LOL!

You mean you missed this Choo-Choo! trainwreck?

Read the thread as there's some real doozy confessions in there. To think he actually even paid an attorney to file the K-1 cause he's OCD. He's here 24/7. Look at what time his last post was. That's everyday and night of every week. What's even more hysterical is, predictably, he BLAMES the woman and her cultural background men like him usually do, LOL.

One of the whackos in this site that epitomizes my definition of an MOBer. But hey, we, apparently, at RWD proudly foster whackjobs like him here. But no need for insult really. It's enough knowing somewhere out there he's waking up in the morning to live another day.

The guy's jmana with eating disorder.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 06:56:01 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

lordtiberius

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1656 on: May 21, 2014, 11:04:44 AM »
As a US citizen, I like the idea of America losing some of it's influence.  Things like FATCA has been terrible.  I would welcome countries telling the US to screw off when they try and bully them into working for the IRS. 

I had mentioned early in this thread that sooner than later, this entire fiasco will only net the US being hung out to dry by our European counterparts. The handwriting had always been etched on the global political wall.

The US should've stopped at the Balkans when they had the chance. Nuland's Ukrainian bake sale doesn't seem to be attracting too many willing customers...too bad really as many Ukrainians had to die and suffer because of our country's hegemony.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_UNITED_STATES_EUROPE_UKRAINE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Gator

« Reply #1657 on: May 21, 2014, 12:59:34 PM »

As a US citizen, I like the idea of America losing some of it's influence.  Things like FATCA has been terrible.  I would welcome countries telling the US to screw off when they try and bully them into working for the IRS.

What is your beef with FATCA?  It seemingly is necessary to prevent tax evasion by fat cats who otherwise would hide billions overseas and not pay Federal taxes due.

I have no experience with FATCA.  Perhaps it creates onerous requirements.    I worked overseas in the 1970s and did not have to pay FIT by staying in foreign countries for at least 330 days in a tax year (IIRC).  That was a simple rule.

Strange how FATCA almost spells FAT CAT.   

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #1658 on: May 21, 2014, 06:55:11 PM »

I have lived there which most here cannot say the same. 

With that said, if you can't discuss something without getting emotional then you shouldn't be discussing it at all.   I think some of you guys need to realize people don't need to make you feel all warm and fuzzy by posting how you think they should be posting.

Emotional?  Hardly.  I certainly don't need validation of my feelings from anyone on this forum.

I think that is why some of the guys are having a problem with FT's posts.  While things are not fine, I find it pretty easy to understand what FT means by it. Things could be a lot worst. 

Me too, as I wrote above.

The killer, for me, is many of you guys were clapping hands when the shit hit the fan in Kiev talking about how good it was to throw the bum out.  What happened afterwards where the repercussions of Kiev that many here applauded. 

Time for many here to look in the mirror.

I'm glad that Yanukovych is out, and I make no apology for that.  Had Russia not interfered by annexing Crimea and trying to destabilise the east with its propoganda and covert operatives, the new leadership might have had a decent crack at being able to at least start meaningful discussions with those wanting more autonomy and, in time, coming up with a solution that's acceptable to the majority of the people concerned.

Part of the problem, as I see it, is that so many people want instant gratification rather than allowing the interim leadership time to start overcoming the giant hurdles left behind by Yanukovych and his cronies.  A Treasury shortfall of the equivalent of 70 billion dollars will take an awful lot of fixing, and the Ukrainian people will have wear most of that cost.  Nobody in a Western country would expect a new leadership group to be able to plug such a gap in such a short time, nor to instantly rewrite a whole pile of legislation to make people happy, so why do so many expect it to happen in Ukraine?

Let's get Sunday's election out of the way and hope that the new President can find a way forward.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #1659 on: May 21, 2014, 07:35:24 PM »

I'm glad that Yanukovych is out, and I make no apology for that.  Had Russia not interfered by annexing Crimea and trying to destabilise the east with its propoganda and covert operatives, the new leadership might have had a decent crack at being able to at least start meaningful discussions with those wanting more autonomy and, in time, coming up with a solution that's acceptable to the majority of the people concerned.

Ha!  Is that what you think?  Hilarious how you believe every bad thing had to do with Russia.  The meaningful discussions should have happened in Kiev before the illegal coup took over.  The US/EU shouldn't have interfered in Kiev.  Russia didn't need to be involved for plenty of people to be pissed off at what happened in Kiev.  You guys are lying to yourselves to think otherwise.

We will just wait to see who the next President will be.  I have a feeling it will be the same person Nuland stated would be president.  I am sure it will just be a coincidence and guys like you and Billy will claim fair elections.  Maybe she is a fortune teller.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 07:49:55 PM by LiveFromUkraine »

lordtiberius

« Reply #1660 on: May 21, 2014, 08:51:54 PM »
She is a bitch.  But the idea that the West (Eu, US, IMF, take your pick) is handling this competently is questionable.

Offline stilllooking

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1661 on: May 22, 2014, 01:56:12 AM »

Ha!  Is that what you think?  Hilarious how you believe every bad thing had to do with Russia.  The meaningful discussions should have happened in Kiev before the illegal coup took over.  The US/EU shouldn't have interfered in Kiev.  Russia didn't need to be involved for plenty of people to be pissed off at what happened in Kiev.  You guys are lying to yourselves to think otherwise.

Of course there are people pissed of with what happened in Kiev. Think of all those people who benefited from the corruption or their close ties to Yanukovich and his administration.
Except for these small armed groups of people creating chaos in the east, where are the masses opposed to the current government? Is the media suppressing news about huge rallies against the current government?

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #1662 on: May 22, 2014, 07:01:43 AM »
Of course there are people pissed of with what happened in Kiev. Think of all those people who benefited from the corruption or their close ties to Yanukovich and his administration.
Except for these small armed groups of people creating chaos in the east, where are the masses opposed to the current government? Is the media suppressing news about huge rallies against the current government?

Man, we got some BillyB logic going on in here.

Ah, the people pissed off are only small groups of people causing chaos.  Next you will be telling me Kiev protesters were revolutionaries  that represented most of Ukraine.  Don't be so daft. 

Only an idiot would think only those that benefited directly from corruption would be pissed off.  All the politicians are corrupt in Ukraine.  Don't think for a second most Ukrainians don't know this.

Next you will be telling me that Nuland opened up a fortune cookie and now knows who will be the next President.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 07:25:05 AM by LiveFromUkraine »

lordtiberius

« Reply #1663 on: May 22, 2014, 07:34:58 AM »
Man, we got some BillyB logic going on in here.

Ah, the people pissed off are only small groups of people causing chaos.  Next you will be telling me Kiev protesters were revolutionaries  that represented most of Ukraine.  Don't be so daft. 

Only an idiot would think only those that benefited directly from corruption would be pissed off.  All the politicians are corrupt in Ukraine.  Don't think for a second most Ukrainians don't know this.

Next you will be telling me that Nuland opened up a fortune cookie and now knows who will be the next President.

and you will be telling us that Russia has not invaded Ukraine.  LFU FU.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1664 on: May 22, 2014, 10:03:19 AM »
 :ROFL:

I think you're missing the important closing line -

*Google me*

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #1665 on: May 22, 2014, 11:05:54 AM »
I have lived there which most here cannot say the same. 

What you're trying to say is that your view of what's going on in Ukraine is better than ours.

I can ask two Ukrainian people who lived in Ukraine all their lives and ask what they think is going on in Ukraine and I could get two different answers based on if they're pro West or pro Russian. What's going on in Ukraine has nothing to do with the amount of time YOU or they lived there.

Yanukovych is ousted. If you and a very few others still think he's president, ask that his name be put on the ballot for the May 25 election, the election Yanukovych himself planned. Crying about Yanukovych's ousting over and over and over here isn't going to get people to change their minds to see your point of view. P.S. people aren't that dumb. You can state your opinion just once and we get it.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Maxx2

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1666 on: May 22, 2014, 11:08:18 AM »
What is your beef with FATCA?  It seemingly is necessary to prevent tax evasion by fat cats who otherwise would hide billions overseas and not pay Federal taxes due.

I have no experience with FATCA.  Perhaps it creates onerous requirements.    I worked overseas in the 1970s and did not have to pay FIT by staying in foreign countries for at least 330 days in a tax year (IIRC).  That was a simple rule.

Strange how FATCA almost spells FAT CAT.

The devil is in the details Gator. The rules imposed by the USG to other nations banks make it so they no longer want to have American customers. It is too much hassle and risk for them. They risk having their American based assets seized if they don't comply. Another nations sovereignty and laws are not respected by the same folks who made the lives of the Tea partiers hell. Audits and so on. Even now Americans have to contact the Department of Treasury and submit a document if they open a foreign bank account. There is a $10,000 yearly fine if they don't whether they knew this or not. Just recently the State Department is told by these folks not to issue passports to any Americans owing more 50K in taxes. Then there is Obamacare and assess to bank accounts by these very same folks. So what is next?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 11:13:06 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #1667 on: May 22, 2014, 11:09:32 AM »

What you're trying to say is that your view of what's going on in Ukraine is better than ours.

No, that isn't even close to what I was saying but it doesn't surprise me you can't follow a conversation and comprehend.

Yanukovych is ousted. If you and a very few others still think he's president, ask that his name be put on the ballot for the May 25 election, the election Yanukovych himself planned. Crying about Yanukovych's ousting over and over and over here isn't going to get people to change their minds to see your point of view. P.S. people aren't that dumb. You can state your opinion just once and we get it.

Billy, Billy, there you go again repeating yourself. 

Why would Yanu run again when the US already hand picked the next president?  We will follow your logic Billy, if the person elected as president is the same person Nuland mentioned then we know it is a scam election.  Sound about right?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 11:23:11 AM by LiveFromUkraine »

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #1668 on: May 22, 2014, 12:43:19 PM »
Or maybe the person Nuland mentioned would actually be the best option as President of Ukraine for the people of Ukraine.

There's a novel thought for the usual  pro Putin/anti west posters on here. :rolleyes:

Very few of whom actually seem to be living in Russia under the wonderful rule of Putler..I wonder why ?

Hypocricy is the word that springs to mind.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 12:48:34 PM by Chelseaboy »

lordtiberius

« Reply #1669 on: May 22, 2014, 12:50:07 PM »
There is a lot of legitimate criticism of the Euromaidan government, Poroshenko and US policy.  You wouldn't know it by reading the posts of the Putinistas.  The Forbes piece on Magnitsky's influence on the Oligarchs.  Again the moral authority of Euromaidan falls apart if Ukraine replaces one set of Oligarchs with another.  With the Ukrainian economy due to shrink 10% this year, that Jeremiad maybe realized.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #1670 on: May 22, 2014, 01:04:43 PM »
Or maybe the person Nuland mentioned would actually be the best option as President of Ukraine for the people of Ukraine.

There's a novel thought for the usual  pro Putin/anti west posters on here. :rolleyes:

Well there you go, forget elections because the US/EU knows better.  I'm sure everything they are doing is for the good of the people.

Very few of whom actually seem to be living in Russia under the wonderful rule of Putler..I wonder why ?

I know you probably can't grasp this, but I will try to use simple words and easy to understand sentences.  Just because some of us have a problem with the US/EU interfering in Ukraine doesn't mean we agree with what Russia has done.

I know it doesn't fit into your black and white simple world. I hope it didn't hurt your brain too much trying to understand.

Hypocricy is the word that springs to mind.

Oh, that came up in a few of our minds when Kiev protesters took over government buildings, vandalized public structures, started fires, threw stones, Molotov cocktails and shot guns at police.   You guys were cheering "REVOLUTION" and now it is happening in other parts of Ukraine you simpletons are yelling "TERRORISTS".
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 01:10:41 PM by LiveFromUkraine »

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #1671 on: May 22, 2014, 01:19:25 PM »
Did I miss something ?

Exactly when did the Kiev protestors invade and steal another countries land ?

As for simpletons,well you need to look in the mirror for the definition of that LFU.

Simpletons are the ones who believe the conspiracy theories..and that would be you.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #1672 on: May 22, 2014, 01:30:27 PM »
Did I miss something ?

Exactly when did the Kiev protestors invade and steal another countries land ?

You must have missed it when they took over government buildings and set things on fire.   Maybe that is normal where live but that wouldn't have happened here.  Hell, a bunch of people picketing  McDonald's corp head quarters were arrested here and they didn't even bring Molotov cocktails with them.

You seem to have a fetish for Putin and can't see past Russia.  Maybe you should stop looking at shirtless pictures of Putin.   You seem to be obsessing.

Simpletons are the ones who believe the conspiracy theories..and that would be you.

Yeah, I wish there was some evidence like a recorded phone conversation or a paper trail of cash. 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 01:34:05 PM by LiveFromUkraine »

lordtiberius

« Reply #1673 on: May 22, 2014, 01:32:23 PM »
Paper trail of cash?

Prove it.

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #1674 on: May 22, 2014, 02:37:13 PM »
LFU,

A paper trail of cash ?

Is this another one of your unsubstantiated conspiracy theories again ?..yawn :rolleyes

Show the proof ,or are you just full of hot air ?

And your feeble attempt at deflection doesn't work..so once again i'll ask you which other country did the Kiev protestors invade and steal land from ?

And while you're at it,show us where the Kiev protestors were chanting USA,USA or even Engerland,Engerland ,waving those countries flags,and asking those countries to invade.

Whereas of course there is plenty of film of the pro Russian seperatists ,waving Russian flags,chanting Russia,Russia and inviting Russia to invade Ukraine,in between shooting down Ukraine Helicopters..

Rather a large difference there,even in your world where everything is in grey and full of conspiracies

Your comments about Putin sound a bit gay by the way ..shows how your mind works..that sure isn't a grey area  ;D

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541546
Total Topics: 20868
Most Online Today: 1330