It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Propaganda War  (Read 412329 times)

Offline Photo Guy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: The Propaganda War
« Reply #450 on: May 30, 2014, 09:26:01 PM »
Obama is weak and inept. Kerry is taking the correct stance. Putin is erratic, immature, and full of revenge. Trust is out of my hands. I can only be hopeful. I hope Ukraine's border becomes sealed, secure. I hope Ukraine receives military support from somewhere, anywhere- Poland? Canada?
Glory to Ukraine!

Offline Photo Guy

« Reply #451 on: May 30, 2014, 10:10:27 PM »
Quote from a woman in eastern Urkaine:
'Russia, my motherland, will do everything possible to smash and divide us here.'
Remark from the following video at about 9:02:

Offline deccie

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #452 on: May 30, 2014, 10:20:56 PM »
I posted this link earlier-- and reports of the aftermath where she and her children/family were threatened by the local thugs. They went into hiding as a result.
Todays election results confirm that  the huge majority want a free independant Ukraine.
That is one brave lady in the video-- but scenes like that have been repeated many times. This Russian sponsored terrorism is unwanted-- everywhere.

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=17402.msg367971#msg367971

And I guess US sponsored terrorism is wanted eh?

Offline deccie

« Reply #453 on: May 30, 2014, 10:34:25 PM »
You know what disgusts me?  We have people on this forum that are suffering because of Putin's policies in Ukraine and do we sympathize with them?  No. Some of us cheerlead for the bastard in Moscow.
One could say exactly the same about some US led wars of recent decades.

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #454 on: May 30, 2014, 11:09:40 PM »
And I guess US sponsored terrorism is wanted eh?

You really are proving what an idiot you are.
None of this is about the US per se.
It is about  Russian lies and propaganda-- with lots of CURRENT examples.
Russian propaganda has been so ridiculous it is hard to beleive anyone swallows it.
btw-- bother to read the forum and you will see some fools have already been down your path-- and the nonsense rebutted.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

lordtiberius

« Reply #455 on: May 30, 2014, 11:12:41 PM »
One could say exactly the same about some US led wars of recent decades.

An America hater!!!!

Anything to justify your Putin love

Offline deccie

« Reply #456 on: May 31, 2014, 02:56:18 AM »
An America hater!!!!

Anything to justify your Putin love

I do not hate Americans. I have many long term and dear American friends. I hate what American foreign policy has become and the idea that we must all cow tow to the way your country wants things in the world.

Supposedly you want free trade - yet you subsidze your farmers more than most do. You wage open war on the most flimsy of excuses (iraq) later proven to be false.  I do not like having your military based in my country.  Nor do I like the current international battles going on at the moment over GM food and American companies seeking to control the food supply globally. Or your American banks that make billions in profits yet all they actually do is destroy the lives of others. Your country has a history of creating civil wars in many countries for the purposes of installing another government more favourable one towards the US. In that regard I don't think the people of Chile will forgive you for a long, long time to come. You openly flout international law when it suits you to do so yet demand others adhere to it.

Yes, there are many things i do not like about the US. 

I would add even the ability to travel is substantially different between Russia and here. For Russia all  I need is a visa and invitation and I'm done. Just to transit the USA I  need to be fingerprinted. Who is the more paranoid and controlling of the two? It seems to me it is the USA. 

Offline deccie

« Reply #457 on: May 31, 2014, 03:00:20 AM »
You really are proving what an idiot you are.

And you are proving you like to insult others. A typical defence of the weak minded.

None of this is about the US per se.

Of course it is since the US is involved here.

It is about  Russian lies and propaganda-- with lots of CURRENT examples.
Russian propaganda has been so ridiculous it is hard to beleive anyone swallows it.
btw-- bother to read the forum and you will see some fools have already been down your path-- and the nonsense rebutted.

So that makes American propoganda ok does it? I also find it hard to believe anyone swallows THAT particular drivel.
Then again it is hard for most Americans to actually find Ukraine on a map.

I know what I will find in the archives - more of your abusive language.

Offline sleepycat

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #458 on: May 31, 2014, 04:35:16 AM »

I would add even the ability to travel is substantially different between Russia and here. For Russia all  I need is a visa and invitation and I'm done.
I would like to add my two cent's worth as I had first hand experience in applying for a Russian visa from my trip to St. Pete last year. To apply for the visa you will need a tourist voucher and invitation letter from the place you will be staying at. This pretty much forces you to stay at a hotel and not rent a private apartment as apartment landlords can't supply you with the tourist voucher.

The Russian visa application form is at least twice as long as the Ukrainian visa application form. For example the Russian form asks you stupid questions like who is your previous previous employer and whether you had ever joined any clubs/organisations etc. It's almost like they are trying to discourage tourist from coming to Russia by making the visa application form a P.I.T.A. What? They think that someone from a first world country is going to overstay in Russia and immigrate there illegally?

Not to mention about the need to register once you get there. That's just an excuse for the hotel to earn an extra thousand roubles from you.

Offline deccie

« Reply #459 on: May 31, 2014, 04:51:32 AM »
I would like to add my two cent's worth as I had first hand experience in applying for a Russian visa from my trip to St. Pete last year. To apply for the visa you will need a tourist voucher and invitation letter from the place you will be staying at. This pretty much forces you to stay at a hotel and not rent a private apartment as apartment landlords can't supply you with the tourist voucher.

Incorrect. I've only ever stayed at a hotel in St Petersburg and Moscow 3 times out of more than 20 odd trips since 2006 and applied for visas in Russian consulates spread over more than 3 countries. YOU may have gone that way, but there is absolutely no need to.
Your incompetence should not be taken to advise others.

The Russian visa application form is at least twice as long as the Ukrainian visa application form. For example the Russian form asks you stupid questions like who is your previous previous employer and whether you had ever joined any clubs/organisations etc. It's almost like they are trying to discourage tourist from coming to Russia by making the visa application form a P.I.T.A. What? They think that someone from a first world country is going to overstay in Russia and immigrate there illegally?

And what do your own wives and girlfriends think about the Visa process to visit you in Australia? How easy was that for them?
The Russian policy is one of reciprocation. They will make the visa process easy for people from one country if that same country makes it easy for Russians to visit them.

Not to mention about the need to register once you get there. That's just an excuse for the hotel to earn an extra thousand roubles from you.

The registration process is a left over from the communist days but it is not a federal system - it's a local government one. But remember too that Russians themselves have registration and cannot get access to some government services without it.

Offline sleepycat

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #460 on: May 31, 2014, 05:23:20 AM »

The Russian policy is one of reciprocation. They will make the visa process easy for people from one country if that same country makes it easy for Russians to visit them.
Point is, in this age of global competition for the tourist dollar, RU is putting itself in a disadvantage by making its visa application troublesome. But then again Russia probably prefers its foreign exchange revenue to come from selling oil & gas instead of from the tourist dollar. Safer that way as there will be less chance of us evil westerners going over there to corrupt the minds of their patriotic citizens!

Offline Chicagoguy

« Reply #461 on: May 31, 2014, 05:44:24 AM »
For years I used "Go To Russia" for my visas. They have a service where they can get you a Business Visa vs. a tourist or home stay. They will find an invite for you. Now I am working on a 3 year visa. This way you do not need a hotel.

But you still must register sometime after you arrive. Since I did not use hotels - who usually do this for free - I needed help from a friend, wife [ Ovir office ] or once a cheap hotel who was willing to bend the rules and stamp it for $15. Also, "Go To Russia" can do this for you.

A couple times I just plain forgot and all I got was suspicious looks at Passport Control when I left but I am not comfortable doing this any longer. They could take you aside long enough for you to miss your plane.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #462 on: May 31, 2014, 07:29:31 AM »
...To apply for the visa you will need a tourist voucher and invitation letter from the place you will be staying at. This pretty much forces you to stay at a hotel and not rent a private apartment as apartment landlords can't supply you with the tourist voucher.

Sleepycat, invitations (whether for tourist or business visas) are available from dozens of travel agencies on the internet.  I presume that you would have done the same as me if you had flown directly from this part of the world - you would have ended up in Moscow first, rather than going directly to St Petersburg.  Have a night or two in a hotel, get your visa registered (hopefully by a friendly person who will cover the whole of your stay in Russia), then go on to St Petersburg.  If you can't get it registered by your hotel or apartment manager, you're staying in the wrong type of place.  At worst you'll have to go to the OVIR office - take your girlfriend and a book!

The Russian visa application form is at least twice as long as the Ukrainian visa application form. For example the Russian form asks you stupid questions like who is your previous previous employer and whether you had ever joined any clubs/organisations etc. It's almost like they are trying to discourage tourist from coming to Russia by making the visa application form a P.I.T.A.

You're kidding, right?  I realise that things may have changed, and the application form here is now electronic (and unreachable unless you start the process for real), but the form which I filled in for Russia was less than one page long, and certainly didn't include questions like those you've quoted.  Compare that with the visa application for New Zealand, which is 12 pages long (even if not all of them apply to tourist visas).

And what do your own wives and girlfriends think about the Visa process to visit you in Australia? How easy was that for them?

It's a lot easier to get a visa for Russia than for New Zealand.

Offline Photo Guy

« Reply #463 on: May 31, 2014, 10:08:04 AM »
Deccie wrote:
'And I guess US sponsored terrorism is wanted eh?'

OK. What specifically are you referring to and how does it relate to what's happening in Ukraine? It's a weak argument to say that a Russian mercenary in Ukraine is equal to an American mercenary in some other part of the world or some other period in time. That's silly. It's like saying China is now selling us items with poisonous ingredients, and that's not so bad because the USA once allowed stores to sell paint with toxic lead. That kind of thinking is impractical and absurd. US sponsored terrorism should be exposed and stopped. I agree. Do you agree that Russian sponsored terrorism in eastern Ukraine should be exposed and stopped? It now looks like blood is on Putin's hands. The guy is stupid and immature, because he has turned most Ukrainians against him, and most of the world against him. How does that help anyone? 

Offline Photo Guy

lordtiberius

« Reply #465 on: June 13, 2014, 03:01:08 PM »
m&ms too!

Offline JayH

« Reply #466 on: July 19, 2014, 01:39:47 AM »
The editor was not able to put up with more lies.
Більше читайте тут: http://tsn.ua/svit/zhurnalistka-russia-today-zvilnilasya-cherez-brehnyu-pro-katastrofu-boeing-359778.html

The editor was not able to put up with more lies. Russia Today Firs Sarah resigned from Russia Today. Journalist Kremlin TV channel Russia Today Sarah Firs resigned in protest against lies in the coverage of the destruction by terrorists of the Boeing 777 in the Donetsk region. "It was obvious misinformation 's the ugliest" - commented Firs plot its former channel, that blame for the tragedy in Ukraine, reports The Guardian . Read more: Russia closed for flying Boeing 777 long before his fall - NYT A journalist named horrific act tragedy in order to use propaganda when there are families who lost their loved ones and expect objective information. "I have always fought against arguments that portray Russia Today network of evil, but as woke up and realized it was just wrong," - said the Firs. "It was a complete disregard for the facts. We showed only those witnesses who openly accused the Ukrainian government (involvement in the accident)," - added the journalist commenting BuzzFeed their release from the channel. See also: Ukrainian government will place free for all families of the dead on the "Boeing 777" Previously, the agency Bloomberg reported that Russian television continues to talk about all versions of Boeing 777 accident, but one of the most probable - that he was hit by pro fighters with weapons obtained from.
Більше читайте тут: http://tsn.ua/svit/zhurnalistka-russia-today-zvilnilasya-cherez-brehnyu-pro-katastrofu-boeing-359778.html

After his loud release from the Kremlin channel Russia Today , a British correspondent Sarah Fort revealed details of Russian propaganda machine. Specifically, in an interview with Press Gazette she said, stepping into the newsroom, she saw being fake accounts in social networks in which all the blame for the disaster Malaysian "Boeing" 777 in the skies over the Donbas relies on the Ukrainian side. On Friday, July 18 Fort applied for exemption to protest against the policy on TV coverage of the situation in Ukraine, including news about the crash Boeing 777. Read more: How Russia and terrorists lied about the crash "Boeing" In her Twitter, she described the principles of the TV channel coverage of the situation in Ukraine: "The first principle of working style RT: no matter what happens - this is always the fault of Ukraine.
Більше читайте тут: http://tsn.ua/politika/rosiyskih-zhurnalistiv-zmushuyut-brehati-v-socmerezhah-pro-katastrofu-boyinga-359782.html
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 01:56:37 AM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Photo Guy

« Reply #467 on: July 19, 2014, 08:25:26 PM »
I don't know if this video has been posted yet in one of the forums.
It's important for the world and Russian citizens to see this:

Offline ML

« Reply #468 on: July 19, 2014, 09:27:11 PM »
Didn't another RT correspondent resign earlier this year, also in protest of the lies they were supposed to broadcast?

And in the video PhotoGuy posted : 

OK, what is the gist of what is being said by the Russian language speakers.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline calmissile

• Spouse's Country: Kyrgyzstan
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #469 on: July 19, 2014, 09:35:45 PM »
Didn't another RT correspondent resign earlier this year, also in protest of the lies they were supposed to broadcast?

And in the video PhotoGuy posted : 

OK, what is the gist of what is being said by the Russian language speakers.

the video is of the intercepted phone calls between the terrorists and the Russian military officers.  This version has Russian subtitles.  I posted earleir the version with English translation.

Offline Photo Guy

« Reply #470 on: July 19, 2014, 10:58:50 PM »
Video for English speakers:

Offline Shadow

« Reply #471 on: July 20, 2014, 01:53:22 AM »

Yep, strange enough it happens with every incident. Perhaps the FSB needs to improve their screening.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline ML

« Reply #472 on: July 20, 2014, 11:19:44 AM »
It has been reported that the Russian terrorists first posted jubilation on a FaceBook or youtube video about shooting down the plane.

And then later, when they realized it was a civilian plane, they  removed the video.

But, in my experience, you can never really get totally rid of anything that has been posted on the Internet.  He!! it is close to impossible to even get anything completely removed from your own computer, aside from a complete format.

So, I say these first videos can be retrieved somewhere on the Internet.  Certainly not by me, and probably not by anyone here. 

However, be sure that the hosting websites can retrieve the videos; and they probably already have. 

But when this retrieval will be made public is the unknown.

Anyone have an update on this?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Gylden

« Reply #473 on: July 20, 2014, 12:03:15 PM »
I gotta say, I am very impressed with those villagers in eastern Ukraine. I now understand why Putin wants to have close ties to them.
Durring this conflict they have mannaged to build entire missile systems, which have been demonstated to function and have already started to export them to Russia!!

Offline calmissile

• Spouse's Country: Kyrgyzstan
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #474 on: July 20, 2014, 12:31:50 PM »
I gotta say, I am very impressed with those villagers in eastern Ukraine. I now understand why Putin wants to have close ties to them.
Durring this conflict they have mannaged to build entire missile systems, which have been demonstated to function and have already started to export them to Russia!!

LMAO    ;D    That's a good one.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541536
Total Topics: 20868
Most Online Today: 1847