It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Struggle For Ukraine  (Read 307826 times)

Online krimster2

• He/Him
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
Re: The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #3475 on: May 19, 2024, 07:47:02 PM »
anything?
like RWD servers getting exhausted from overuse?
we mist be up to 1 post per week by now...

hey Iran, guess who 'fixed' the helicopter???
hehe, it was 'my people'
they don't need 300 rockets and drones
when they can replace one small component in the control box instead...
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 06:23:19 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3476 on: Yesterday at 09:52:41 AM »
Seems the man was in for a rather hard landing lol.

I kind of guessed it wasn't due to the weather storm but a convenient cover for it.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #3477 on: Yesterday at 11:40:29 AM »
not the first aircraft 'they' brought down through 'clever' means
the mullahs are gonna be REALLY upset over this one, cuz they'll have to mute their response
Mossad is very subtle compared to Iran
they killed terrorists in Dubai by strangling them in their hotel rooms at night
all the mossad agents had fake USA passports they copy from tourists visiting Israel
they are the world's best killers
the phrase 'cloak and dagger' is an historic reference to Jewish assissins from Roman times
experience!!!

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:55:50 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3478 on: Yesterday at 12:03:36 PM »
not the first aircraft 'they' brought down through 'clever' means
the mullahs are gonna be REALLY upset over this one, cuz they'll have to mute their response
Mossad is very subtle compared to Iran
they killed terrorists in Dubai by strangling them in their hotel rooms at night
all the mossad agents had fake USA passports they copy from tourists visiting Israel
they are the world's best killers
the phrase 'cloak and dagger' is an historic reference to Jewish assissins from Roman times
experience!!!

I was impressed with your correct (and rare) usage of "an historic reference" (vice the too common and incorrect 'a historic reference') only to be disappointed in your misspelling of assassin. :)

You are correct with your occasional critique of RWD's low traffic levels. Inputs for improvement are welcome - either by PM or in the 'RWD Site Feedback' section ... http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?board=26.0.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #3479 on: Yesterday at 02:24:06 PM »
ha!!!
I am in the  spelling resistance
and you fell for my carefully laid spelling NAZI trap!!!!!

ironically, the word assassin is derived from 'hashish'
which is the reason why I can't even spell DAWG at the moment
I am an authentic assassin....

the problem is:
you put too many constraints on content which causes an inhibitory effect
combined with the mission of this board losing relevance as time goes on

it means a 'new mission'...

one idea, and you wouldn't even have to change URL domain of this board...

R  Russian
W War
D  Discussion

Putin on the Fritz!!

beyond the content, there are other issues:

the problem with this 'older' style of web presentation methodology
is that they've been eclipsed by 'social media' like facebook, twitter, etc
most people will go there

maybe RWD should change to being on Twitter (yes, I know it's "X", and elon musk sucks)

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:51:47 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #3480 on: Yesterday at 04:11:19 PM »

the problem is:
you put too many constraints on content which causes an inhibitory effect
combined with the mission of this board losing relevance as time goes on

it means a 'new mission'...

one idea, and you wouldn't even have to change URL domain of this board...

R  Russian
W War
D  Discussion

Putin on the Fritz!!

beyond the content, there are other issues:

the problem with this 'older' style of web presentation methodology
is that they've been eclipsed by 'social media' like facebook, twitter, etc
most people will go there

maybe RWD should change to being on Twitter (yes, I know it's "X", and elon musk sucks)

I have been thinking the same recently. I think a good way to go about it is keep this Website BUT launch a RWD on Twitter as well! That way there can be a link to this website forum for more in-depth talk on the subject.

The problem Twitter has is that it isn't as well developed as this website for sections, topics, threads, etc. so you're not going to be able to get as much depth there without it becoming a jumble and people not knowing what's where.

What Twitter does have going for it is 'traffic' many people frequent twitter, likely many more than Google these days. So it's a great place to pick up people who are interested in Russia/Ukraine at the moment who don't know this site even exists! The Russia/Ukraine situation is a big topic on Twitter at the moment and RWD is missing out.

It could really help with a rebirth of RWD without doing much at all. A RWD twitter group with familiar logo and top picture would be easy to set up within moments. Plus the best thing is that it's free! What could be better it being both quick to do and free. Then just link to here at the top of the page details in Twitter and voilà the peeps will probably come here to check this place out too :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #3481 on: Yesterday at 04:35:33 PM »
Worth mentioning also if not already aware it's possible to have your own personal twitter page and have an additional page for a subject interest such as this. So Dan could add it to his existing Twitter account (if he has one yet) and flick back and forth between the two as he wishes.

Offline ML

Incorrect "a" vs "an"
« Reply #3482 on: Yesterday at 07:34:54 PM »
I was impressed with your correct (and rare) usage of "an historic reference" (vice the too common and incorrect 'a historic reference') . . .

You are both wrong  !!

You should use “an” before a word beginning with an “h” only if the “h” is not pronounced: “an honest effort”  but  “a historic event."

This is the standard rule that calls for "an" before vowel sounding beginnings and "a" before consonant sounding beginnings.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #3483 on: Yesterday at 07:38:48 PM »
Twitter is only for imbeciles.

I have no Twitter account (and never will) but I followed links to there a couple of times.

Short incomplete sentences and ideas that seem like writings of someone less than 10 years old.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #3484 on: Yesterday at 10:24:11 PM »
Twitter is only for imbeciles.

I have no Twitter account (and never will) but I followed links to there a couple of times.

Short incomplete sentences and ideas that seem like writings of someone less than 10 years old.

Twitter does have the downside of being limited to a number of characters per reply so posters like me can't write long rambling replies like I like too :D

It's another reason why to keep the Forum here to run alongside. I don't think it's good as a replacement forum because you don't get nearly the same. It's is as you point out stunted and because you're so heavily limited on wordage on it, too much I think and that is too it's detriment. I think it's worth a shot in terms of seeing if the traffic to this site can be improved. Whether it turns out to be the traffic wanted may be another matter but it's free and easy to find out.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #3485 on: Yesterday at 10:37:55 PM »
This is an article I was saw just the other day that I think is relevant to our discussion here:

http://unherd.com/newsroom/google-declares-the-end-of-the-world-wide-web/

Shocking and surprising I know but most likely true. I still find Google and the World Wide Web (i.e webpages) most useful, but thd younger generation do seem to go more off social media apps and just search for stuff there. Facebook for example has most company pages as again they are free and easy to create I believe. That shaves many hours off producing a professional looking webpage for it's users and is free to do and maintain.

The girl I am dating is like that as from the younger generation. I don't get the impression that she uses Google much if anything at all. Mark Zuckerberg has taken over the internet lol. It's a great shame as there can be a lot more info on the World Wide Web that she misses. I prefer webpages to social media apps but I do use twitter to keep up to date with stuff as it helps to touch base with what's going on out there particularly with like minded people.

Is there a 'dumbing down' of the internet on social media, I think so but it's part of people wanting answers quicker and quicker as the modern age speeds up ever faster and if course that is to the detriment of depth of knowledge as a result, you don't get nought for nought. Nonetheless, it has it's place and is useful in some ways and helps to explain why traffic has been falling off here, not just here but webpages in general it seems.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541554
Total Topics: 20868
Most Online Today: 1873
Most Online Ever: 12701