It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Respectfully request opinions...  (Read 23722 times)

Offline seraphimangel

Respectfully request opinions...
« on: May 11, 2010, 09:51:26 PM »
So I've been on Anastasiaweb for about a year.  I haven't focused on it till maybe a few months ago. I've spent a few thousand dollars, but have had a great time so it's already worth it.

I've met three girls of interest and I'll shortly summarize and ask opinions.

All are very young, I'm talking they are waiting a year before drinking in California... so 20 year olds across the board.

1) Zaporozhye - I spoke to this girl on the phone like 3 times.  Everytime things went really well, very funny, her english was horrible so everything was translated.  She understood english but didn't speak it well enough.  The translator thought our calls were amazing.  I had her personal phone, her email and we spoke for about a few weeks this way when she disappeared.  I asked her if she needed money and refused my money.  She said she was having housing issues but would not accept my money.  I actually sent $1,000 western union to her.  They said she refused.  I found this odd... I called her with translator and she said she apologizes but life is really busy right now and she will get back to me and thanked me for my concern. 

I've given up on this, but found this very confusing.

2) Odessa - Found a girl here who is aggressively always flirting with me.  She has happily given me her skype, phone, home address and has horrible english.  We spend more time confused than anything else.. but she is amazingly agreeable to anything I ask about... I find this odd, but she has done some naughty things for me on skype and does not ask for anything in return.  She says if it makes me happy, she's happy to do it.  Really kinda conflicted about whether to meet her at all.  I asked her why me?  I'm sure she has 100 guys who like her.. her response "what does it matter how many like me if I only like you?" ... good response.. feels good.. but instinct tells me something here is too good to be true.

3) Nikolaev - (this is my favorite, but I want some opinions).. She is only met like 2 weeks ago.  I hit it off with her immediately and we talked in live chat on video for hours on AW.  Her spoken english is the best among those I had met and she said it was because she was an international athlete once and picked up some english along the way.  She did not want to tell me what sport, said she'd tell me later.  I called her two days later on the phone and the translator just let us talk, we spoke live well but slowly. 

Since then, after a week of talking every day.  She asks me "how many girls do you talk to on this system?" ... i said I was at some point speaking to like 5... but I haven't spoken to a single one since meeting you.  (this is truth)... she gets angry, says I was looking for a prostitute and walks away from the computer.  I beg her to come back and let me explain.  I explain in more detail and she actually asks me to be exclusively talking to her and only her, she says she doesn't want to talk to anyone else either.  I said I'd leave AW if she wanted.  She said it would make her happy.  She gave me her home addy, her phone number, her email addy, her skype addy. 

We sms everyday and refuses to take money for calling cards (I didn't want her spending on me)... she said "I know that you read a lot and you must have read that woman here only want american men for their money, I don't need your money, I'm not poor here, I don't have any grants or scholarships for school but my family has enough money to pay for my school without help"... i said I was only trying to help and I apologize.

Since we've been emailing, I copied her name as it appears on the emails in cyrillic and google it.  Indeed, she is a verifiable athlete with pictures on tons of ukrainian websites noting her athletic accomplishments. 

I think to myself, this seems too good to be true.  She is funny, nice, knows A LOT about american cultural music and style.  In fact, SHE western unioned me money for shoes she wanted here.  I refused it and sent her the shoes she wanted anyhow. 

Is it just me or is this something worth following up on?  I mean, I feel amazing when I speak to her.  She is able to make me laugh one second and then feel emotionally satiated another.  She is like a tomboyish guy one second, and a feminine girl the other. 

Maybe it's that her english is the best among all the girls I have met and it made communication easier, but she has been amazing.  Can someone tell me if this is normal lead up to something or is special?

Offline Daveman

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Respectfully request opinions...
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 10:02:06 PM »
I'd say that a 12 year age gap isn't unreasonable but a 20yr old girl is a 20 yr old girl.  We could bring up all the old debates about AW and everything, but why bother?  If you like her, go meet her. Get on a plane and go see for yourself what she's all about.  You've already separated her from AW and have her contact info, so go for it..  You can speculate until the fat cows come home singing but unless you GO you won't know anything for sure..  have a back up plan, and GO.

And welcome to the board.

The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline facetrock

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 12:18:04 AM »
  Why dont a bunch of us guys here get together and start an agency like Anastasia Web.That company has to be one money making SOB. You dont have to produce anything but a fantasy in the minds of lonely men. Obviously there is a huge market in fantasys. I mean we know almost every scam that is out there and could probably improve on a few. Oh the money to be made with chat girls, apartments, terps, overpriced taxis, translation fees. The list is endless.We could build it up, go public, sell out our shares and then retire to Patagonia.
 It seems like making money with a website like that would be like shooting ducks in a barrel.

Seraphimangel, I wish you goodluck. So when are you going to meet her?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 12:30:43 AM by facetrock »

Offline I/O

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 03:28:45 AM »
Lol Facet, Mrs and I have joked about exactly that for ages. What it has to do with this thread I'm not quite sure. :-\ Regarding our resident Celestial being from Socal, I suggest strike hit 3, add a few extra names and notes to the back pocket and get airborne, most else is procrastination. Not sure if he has caught the clue yet but if Smokinhot20yearoldformerinternationalathlete (Why I am not quite buying this I can't be sure) is who she says she is, her family won't be from the wrong side of the tracks and would prolly buy and sell him a few times over. Just think he should be aware.

Can someone tell me if this is normal lead up to something or is special?
Every situation and every relationship is unique, it's up to you to build on what you have (Not much right now) and see where it goes. If you feel this good after a dozen emails and 5 minutes on the phone, imagine how good you'll feel if you front up and the two of you click. I wouldn't go to the bank with that thought but stranger things have happened.

Offline Gator

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 04:49:20 AM »
I actually sent $1,000 western union to her.  They said she refused.  I found this odd...

Facet and I/O, did the two of you somehow not read this?  I am stunned.

Seraphimangel, don't go.  You are not ready! 

My recommendation is to keep talking with Number 3 and to read RWD thoroughly.  Maybe after three months, you will have enough sense to manage a trip without doing something really stupid.

I say this not to criticize you but to to try and catch your attention.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 06:51:48 AM »
Girl nr 1 : Decided she was not interested in you, and was probably offended by you trying to send money.

Girl nr 2 : Seems interesting, if the things she did were on Skype. Else stay away from her by miles.

Girl nr 3 : Handle with care. She shows jealousy way too early, and that will not decrease over the relationship.

I agree with Gator that before making a trip you should read a lot and above all make your own goals in life and in a relationship very clear.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline kievstar

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 07:12:29 AM »
I used Anastiaweb all the time when I lived in Kiev.  Every girl I wanted to see showed up and was interested.  Several I know got married to other men in the USA.  When will people realize that face to face contact is the way to go with agency and women.  Show up and meet women.  Works everytime.

Many times women are in an agency 1 month and already hooked up with a serious man who visits.  Agency is going to milk that picture for what it is worth eventhough woman is off the market.  Nothing wrong with that as most men do not visit and agencies need to pay the bills.  Keyboard romeos keep agencies going and men who visit get married.  Makes it cheaper for the serious man to get married as the keyboard romeo is funding his pursuit. 

Women do not go to agencies to return letters unless desperate.  Women want men to show up and meet face to face.

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 09:07:21 AM »
Why dont a bunch of us guys here get together and start an agency like Anastasia Web.That company has to be one money making SOB. You dont have to produce anything but a fantasy in the minds of lonely men. Obviously there is a huge market in fantasyies.
I'm willing to contribute the 66 DD in my collection to this noble and worthy cause :P.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 09:11:35 AM by SANDRO43 »
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline BillyB

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 09:18:36 AM »
Welcome to the forum seraphimangel,

You are going to need a lot of luck because not only are you using the agency with the worst reputation in the business, you are trying to win over women that you never met with money. I think your first gal may have been decent since she turned down the $1000 you actually sent. It was almost as if you were pressuring her and proving commitment to her by way of money. I guarantee the people at the agency who may currently be ripping you off is starting to think much less of you.

The girls in the agency talk...especially the young ones who chat with each other and trade war stories. You may have a reputation of sending money to women you never met. The gal who wants you all to herself may know more about you than you think. She already wants you all to herself before ever meeting you. Sounds like she knows an investment when she sees one.

Go meet a woman. Don't lead with your wallet. Think with your big head. When you meet a woman, evaluate her behavior and don't dismiss red flags. Be ready to dump her and move on. Some guys go to the FSU and wouldn't dump their woman no matter how bad she acts. They are too eager to make their fantasy come true.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline seraphimangel

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 09:38:57 AM »
First off, I would like to thank you all for your thoughts.  They are all adding to my limited pool of knowledge on this topic.  It's really quite interesting to be in this situation at all.  I date frequently in the U.S. and I've never even remotely considered this route at all.  This is strange but I thank you for any and all help.

I've seen so much conflicting information here.  Couple say "GO" now! A few say, stay away and read quite a bit more.  Not really sure. As far as me sending money, I sent money as a test, it was money I didn't mind losing.  I'd rather waste money than time.  

I have been looking and thinking of visiting at the end of July or early August.  I can't see myself there in winter, I live in Santa Monica only two miles from Beverly Hills.  The weather is warm here and I can't imagine a Russian/Ukrainian winter.  

Last night I spoke to girl #3 on Skype and ICQ, with morning text message from her... she tells me that she wants me to know that she has 2 years left in Uni and that she would not consider coming to the U.S. till she is done with school and if I'm ok with waiting for her to finish school.

I'm seriously thinking, ... so... she already imagines that future... she has separated me from AW.  She asked me to leave the system.  I did it, doesn't matter much to me.  

Never really thought about the girls talking on the system.  But, does it matter that no two girls I have spoken with have been from the same city?

I don't know.  All in all, I think it seems decent.  
1) In only a couple weeks I have built good repoire with her.
2) I have her home addy, email addy, ICQ Addy, Skype Addy, cell phone number, home number...
3) She explained to me that she got angry because she was about to leave the agency because the men are all over 40 and old looking and I was young, fun looking and we got along great.  She said she paid a lot of attention to me and thought all I was looking for was some russian whore and not a real  relationship.  She then told me that she is exclusively talking to me and only me.  Odd enough, I believe this... I receive daily SMS when she wakes up, when she gets back from school, when she's going out... she sends me picture messages, ... she spent 4 hours yesterday on ICQ while I was at work chatting with me.

... I don't know.. this seems... truthful.. just young... but truthful.  

Offline groovlstk

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 10:08:49 AM »
I've seen so much conflicting information here.  Couple say "GO" now! A few say, stay away and read quite a bit more.  Not really sure.

Go as soon as possible, the suggestion to postpone your trip to learn more prior to your travels is silly. You'll learn more there in a few days than you could learn here in years. Once you get your feet wet a lot of what seems strange to you will come into focus.

Last night I spoke to girl #3 on Skype and ICQ, with morning text message from her... she tells me that she wants me to know that she has 2 years left in Uni and that she would not consider coming to the U.S. till she is done with school and if I'm ok with waiting for her to finish school.

I understand you want to eliminate women who might flat-out refuse to relocate, but do you usually discuss serious future plans with the local women you date? If a local woman bought up something like this on a first date, wouldn't you want to run like hell?

As far as me sending money, I sent money as a test, it was money I didn't mind losing.  I'd rather waste money than time.

This is a really bad idea for many reasons. $1000 is a fortune in Ukraine and if you show a willingness to open your wallet you will attract the wrong people. And I don't mean just the girls you date - everyone from shady relatives, interpreters, waiters, and taxi drivers will aggressively put themselves on your payroll. You're also peeing in the drinking water - other men who come after you will have to deal with the fallout of another foolish Westerner.

You're young and confident so your dating pool will be boundless, but never, ever, ever underestimate the pull of an easier life and the lengths some women will do to secure it.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 10:27:26 AM »

I've seen so much conflicting information here.  Couple say "GO" now! A few say, stay away and read quite a bit more.  Not really sure. As far as me sending money, I sent money as a test, it was money I didn't mind losing.  I'd rather waste money than time.  

What's the rush of going to the FSU? The girls will always be there. If one gets married, there will be other single women to replace her. Before you go you need to evaluate how you interact with women and need to change a few things. You also need to learn how handle money and women at the same time. You are ripe to be scammed at this moment. I know because I was once a young man like you.

How is sending $1000 to a RW a good test? A bad woman would accept the money and think you a fool. A good woman wouldn't accept the money and think you a fool. Do you think good women want to get hooked up with fools? I don't blame woman #1 for refusing the money and dumping you. It's not pleasing for her to learn she's a little more valuable than a prostitute. If woman #1 did accept the money, what would that tell you about her? Would she fail the test being a scammer and you would dump her or would you think she accepted the money because she's serious about having a relationship with you?

If you need some peace of mind with the current lady you're writing too, write her an email or at the agency from another profile of a young handsome successful man. You don't know who you're dealing with but the women at the agency know you're the man who sends money to women you never met. You've made yourself into a magnet for insincere women.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline seraphimangel

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 10:37:33 AM »
Groov, I really feel you man.  Sometimes communicating is finding the right language to express an idea and I  understand what you're saying.  I just kinda threw out some general rules because of the unique circumstance that this is.

I need to think about this some more.  But notice how you say "GO NOW" and Billy says "WAIT, There's No rush"...

Oh, by the way Billy, if she took the money, I'd consider it a charitable donation to a third world country and say good bye.  Simple as that.  But your point is well taken, it isn't that simple. 

Hell, she's been IM'ing me right now while watching movies with her little brother.  It's kinda bizarre how we are constantly connected.  If this was in the U.S., I'd be like.. Untether... too much.. too fast... too clingy.  Hmm... thanks.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2010, 10:41:03 AM »
First off, I would like to thank you all for your thoughts. They are all adding to my limited pool of knowledge on this topic. It's really quite interesting to be in this situation at all. I date frequently in the U.S. and I've never even remotely considered this route at all.

...and for a very good reason. Which is...

I live in Santa Monica only two miles from Beverly Hills

Respectfully requests opinions...

IMHO, stay home and continue to date if you do in fact do this here frequently. That tells me you have no problem meeting, interacting, and dating women. If you feel bored dating women in and around Sta Monica despite the huge available AW and women from other culture/countries & all other states - immigrating and already living here (every year) and dating elsewhere is feeding your wander-lust curiosity, may I suggest dating women from Czech, Slovakia, or even western Europe, Argentina/Brazil. Heck, even Greece may not be such a bad option at this time - yet.

But if FSU is your target point - might I suggest Estonia (?)
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline seraphimangel

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2010, 10:45:01 AM »
Call this petty, but being in the Westside I have access to lots of foreign people.  I have dated many latin people, asians, americans... but the local WeHo (west hollywood has a large russian population) has always evaded me... maybe it's this that helps motivate my wanderlust...

I just want to know why I'm such a bad option for those people.  *shrugs*

I'm generally a funny and goofy guy and this plays well to most, just not the local russians.  Go figure.

Offline Gylden

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 10:50:25 AM »

I'm generally a funny and goofy guy and this plays well to most, just not the local Russians.  Go figure.

That's funny, I never thought of RW liking goofy?? Have you tried the girls from Dana Point?

Offline groovlstk

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 10:54:53 AM »
Groov, I really feel you man.  Sometimes communicating is finding the right language to express an idea and I  understand what you're saying.  I just kinda threw out some general rules because of the unique circumstance that this is.

Yes, the circumstances are unique but don't make the mistake of throwing out all you've learned about the opposite sex. Logistics and language will always be an issue and there are people out there (mostly those who stand to benefit financially) that will tell you RW are different and attempt to disguise potential problems as vague "cultural issues."

Have you tried dating local RW in the Santa Monica area? There are many and you can probably get a date tonight if you sign up at one of the Russian dating sites (NOT marriage agencies) like mamba.ru.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2010, 10:58:29 AM »
  It's kinda bizarre how we are constantly connected.  If this was in the U.S., I'd be like.. Untether... too much.. too fast... too clingy.

It's good you understand this and it doesn't make you happy.That's a good reason not to rush it. Maybe she's simply a good young woman who is romantic and already dreaming to fall in love with you? Maybe, since she's young, she's like a teenager who who would cling on to you 24/7? I couldn't live with a person like that. Maybe she sends you messages all the time because she's the jealous, possessive, and controlling type and need to know where you're at at all times? You've only communicated with her 2 weeks. Figure out what you're dealing with before you buy a ticket in her honor. If you don't like her behavior long distance, you're not going to like it when you meet her so find someone else that seems worthy of using your money and vacation time on. And no more sending money to women you never met! I can't imagine testing the thousands of women I wrote to with a $1000 each.

Offline seraphimangel

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 11:03:21 AM »
I think Gylden above is right though, funny, happy go lucky goofy never plays well with local RW.  I get a stern eyed stare usually.  One was kind enough to laugh at my jokes and said "why are you so happy?" ... I said, "what's to be serious about?" ... she looked at me oddly.  I asked if I could just have her opinion, she said that RW don't really understand people like me who waste so much energy on useless conversation and silliness.

(OH! and yes, I dated OC often, Dana point is cool)

I don't know, maybe it's the challenge of it all.  I just generally want to know why people are so unhappy looking. I believe in "puro vida" (costa rican motto).. pure life, live well, be happy.. ya know?

Just seems people are far too serious and I have this horrible need to make people happy.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2010, 11:03:47 AM »
but the local WeHo (west hollywood has a large russian population) has always evaded me... maybe it's this that helps motivate my wanderlust...

Then allow me to suggest for you to occasionally come by Traktir and have a nice bowl of borscht, or even Rasputin in Encino, or stop by and pick up a couple of goods from Odessa on SM Blvd.

Believe or not, Kabuki, a Japanese restaurant chain ( and this particular one is located in Woodland Hills, CA) is largely frequented by Russian-speaking folks. A lot of pretty Slavic women shows up almost every night/any night.

James Beach/Canal Club on Venice is graced by a lot of young Russian women.

Take your pick. They are very approachable.
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline seraphimangel

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2010, 11:10:59 AM »
Awesome post! You are seriously a local.  I was told by a friend of a Encino population but no idea where to come across it. 

Thing is too, here's something for the mix I didn't want to mention.  I'm latino, and quite frankly, historically xenophobic societies make dating life difficult.  I have no problems with american white women, but Russian women here... not so much.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2010, 11:16:58 AM »
That borders on mythical, at least here in Los Angeles. Latinos (brown skinned, darker haired men) are generally on top of the food chain in the city proper.

Unless of course you sports some rancid ink and wear baggy pants with dangling key chain, then all bets are off.

Offline Gylden

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2010, 11:21:22 AM »
LOL... I can tell you that "puro vida" is contagious and even to FSU women, just takes a little longer for them to come to understand it. After married for 5 years, my wife is just now catching on and although she isn't to the point of admitting it yet, I find her dropping her guard and playing a bit.

I can also tell you that the scepticism of FSU women also is contagious and find myself thinking at times "did I say that?".

The whole experience is VERY rich, like a long eventful travel!! Especially for the positive at heart.

Offline seraphimangel

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2010, 11:23:08 AM »
I'm actually fair skinned, brown haired.. and I admit do very well with local population, especially the older MDR crowd.  I have no visible tattoo and look trim and proper most of the time.

It's just I still come off badly to russians.  Always fail, except the "struggling actress" ones who attempt to meet everyone.

Offline Gylden

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2010, 11:34:36 AM »
IMO it is the goofy/humor thing with first impressions, RW definitely react badly to that and ESPECIALLY first impressions. Try an experiment the next opportunity and be serious, maybe even a little sarcastic and see what the result is.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541645
Total Topics: 20870
Most Online Today: 1887
Most Online Ever: 12701