It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: should I or shouldn't I?  (Read 24216 times)

Offline Partizan

should I or shouldn't I?
« on: April 07, 2011, 06:53:35 AM »
To cut a long story short. i have been corresponding with a RW on mamba for the last 2 weeks. We get on really well and she sound really sincere. In her profile it says that she is looking for a sponsor. We were chatting for about a week when she asked me for money. I sent €100, thought nothing of it and we continued chatting. She thanked me very much for the money. Now here's the nub.. I am going to Kiev next month to see a friend and I suggested to her that I would like to invite her along. She said yes but she said that she would not be able to afford the flight ticket from her home town in the Urals so I said that I would pay for it and she was delighted. It costs about €400 give or take for the return ticket. Her English is not so good but my Russian is improving. Thing is what would you guys do? I know about the scams and the possibilitythat if I wire off the €400 thats the last I would see of it.

I do have a Plan B lined up and have been chatting to local girls who have expressed a sincere interest to meet me. I will be in Kiev for a week and am looking forward to it. Any advice would be good. Thanks.

Offline GoodOlBoy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: should I or shouldn't I?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 07:10:19 AM »
In her profile it says that she is looking for a sponsor.

Do you understand what she is saying here? $$

We were chatting for about a week when she asked me for money. I sent €100,...

A lot more of this coming. :rolleyes2:

GOB
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 02:56:46 PM by GoodOlBoy »
“For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo......... Geronimo E.K.I.A.”

Offline Kuna

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 07:15:21 AM »
You're kidding right???

Naaaah....  can't be serious... must be a troll!

So much about this post is just not right.

Ni-night... wake me up just before the train wreck.

Offline viking

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 07:23:17 AM »

You do understand you are being scammed. Don't you?

I hope all this is a joke. I hope all this is a joke. I hope all this is a joke.

Tom Hanks in Castaway: You never know what the tide may bring in.
Viking: But you still need to walk along the beach to find it.

Offline Kuna

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 07:27:11 AM »

DON'T TELL HIM THAT!!!

This could have been the funniest thread since BillyB's protestations about his manliness!

Offline Kuna

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 07:30:55 AM »

I actually suspect the OP knows very well what he is doing.  No one could be so stupid to not realise what sort of sponsorship the girl is wanting...

He might just think the 400 Euro is cheaper than paying for a hooker for a week...  but the pro-dater shopping trip may sink him.

If this is his intention then I hope she gives him something that makes his d!ck fall off...  but if he really hasn't worked this out he really needs to just stay home and save himself a whole lot of pain.

Do you reckon he is serious?

(This thread really needed a poll)

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 07:34:42 AM »

I do have a Plan B lined up... 

So does she.

The 'advice' is in the main menu [upper left] ...
RWD 10 Commandments
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Partizan

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 07:35:14 AM »

I hope all this is a joke. I hope all this is a joke. I hope all this is a joke.

of course i do )) Thanks for confirming my suspicion. I have just deleted her from my inbox.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 07:56:50 AM »
of course i do )) Thanks for confirming my suspicion. I have just deleted her from my inbox.

Boy, I just responded to Aloe's great post on keyboard romeos about the innability to recognize a "player."

Many thanks partizan.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Ade

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 07:57:13 AM »

Is it still considered a "scam" if they come out and say that they want a sponsor? I would have thought not. It's not a typical romantic relationship for sure, and it's more akin to a business deal but it's not a scam where one person is attempting to use deception to con another.

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 08:08:58 AM »
Is it still considered a "scam" if they come out and say that they want a sponsor? I would have thought not. It's not a typical romantic relationship for sure, and it's more akin to a business deal but it's not a scam where one person is attempting to use deception to con another.

I would tend to agree. Where's the scam? Partizan, obviously she's not in it to win it or any romantic notions. I would doubt she showed up after receiving ticket money and if she did it is all business transaction from there. My guess is the local hooker's would provide more "bang" for your buck

Offline viking

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 08:10:49 AM »

Would it have been better if I said "you are being stupid instead of being scammed"? Yeah, it "could" have been a business deal but we both know that more often than not the underlying scene here ( even if she is upfront about wanting a sponsor) is to induce the man to send money in exchange for future sex but rarely does the woman ever keep her end of the deal. So no matter how you slice it either he would be getting a hooker or scammed. Pick one.

Kuna..sorry about that. But I am sure there will be another newbie where I will keep quiet and let you have some fun. ;D
Tom Hanks in Castaway: You never know what the tide may bring in.
Viking: But you still need to walk along the beach to find it.

Offline dogspot

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 08:22:31 AM »
I sent €100, thought nothing of it and we continued chatting.

:cluebat:

Offline Ade

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 08:23:38 AM »
Would it have been better if I said "you are being stupid instead of being scammed"? Yeah, it "could" have been a business deal but we both know that more often than not the underlying scene here ( even if she is upfront about wanting a sponsor) is to induce the man to send money in exchange for future sex but rarely does the woman ever keep her end of the deal. So no matter how you slice it either he would be getting a hooker or scammed. Pick one.

Kuna..sorry about that. But I am sure there will be another newbie where I will keep quiet and let you have some fun. ;D

Well, it depends. If he sent money for a ticket there is probably a 50/50 chance she won't show. If he sends a ticket, I'd say there's a much better chance she would arrive just to see what else she could get out of him.

And yes, in any language, she's a prostitute.

Is he being stupid? Well, it depends if he's looking for a prostitute or not.

Offline The Natural

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 08:27:29 AM »
I sent €100, thought nothing of it and we continued chatting.

Well, if she's a psychologist, it might be worth the money  :P

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 08:56:33 AM »
Partizan-

If you're into GFEs, then that's your right and your money to indulge yourself with...no need to get opinions here on the matter.

a) She better be worth your money...
b) Refrain from 'flying' anywhere that would add to your 'cost'..
c) Draw out the terms of the exchange....
d) Never, ever invest anything emotional with her, or her types...

If nothing else, at least I'm glad you seem to be over your bluesy moments with the Sochi gal.  :P
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline TomT

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2011, 09:34:24 AM »
To cut a long story short. i have been corresponding with a RW on mamba for the last 2 weeks. We get on really well and she sound really sincere. In her profile it says that she is looking for a sponsor. We were chatting for about a week when she asked me for money. I sent €100, thought nothing of it and we continued chatting. She thanked me very much for the money. Now here's the nub.. I am going to Kiev next month to see a friend and I suggested to her that I would like to invite her along. She said yes but she said that she would not be able to afford the flight ticket from her home town in the Urals so I said that I would pay for it and she was delighted. It costs about €400 give or take for the return ticket. Her English is not so good but my Russian is improving. Thing is what would you guys do? I know about the scams and the possibilitythat if I wire off the €400 thats the last I would see of it.

I do have a Plan B lined up and have been chatting to local girls who have expressed a sincere interest to meet me. I will be in Kiev for a week and am looking forward to it. Any advice would be good. Thanks.

You wouldn't know sincere if it bit you on the ass... because it DID bite you on the ass and you didn't even realize that you had been bitten.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 09:39:18 AM by TomT »

Offline Partizan

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2011, 01:09:50 PM »
Jeez, look what I have just started..... you lot are like a herd of grannies  :D

Offline SMS60

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2011, 01:12:41 PM »
you lot are like a herd of grannies  :D

:ROFL:
Quote from: Simoni on Today at 09:06:15 AM
But my understanding is that "Anything Goes" does not really mean "anything" if that "anything" violates the TOS.

Offline Kuna

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2011, 02:43:27 PM »
Partizan-

If you're into GFEs, then that's your right and your money to indulge yourself with...no need to get opinions here on the matter.

Are you referring to prostitutes who pretend to be your gf?

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2011, 04:20:39 PM »
Are you referring to prostitutes who pretend to be your gf?

It's the general idea, Kuna. Of course, the word 'prostitute' would be subject to the individual's opinion/definition. Most, if not all, sponsored women is more or less what a common *mistress* would be.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Daveman

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2011, 04:21:54 PM »
Partizan-

a) She better be worth your money...
b) Refrain from 'flying' anywhere that would add to your 'cost'..
c) Draw out the terms of the exchange....
d) Never, ever invest anything emotional with her, or her types...

If nothing else, at least I'm glad you seem to be over your bluesy moments with the Sochi gal.  :P

+1

and, tell her to take the train...  8)

As long as you know what you're getting for your money (that you will be spending with this lady).. hey,  it'd probably be quite an adventurous week for you.. if that's what you want then send her a refundable (only to you) e-ticket and enjoy the ride while it lasts.  Though if it's a partner you seek, your time there could be spent more productively... but hey, nothing wrong with some fun as long as everyone knows the score.
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline Mike78

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2011, 10:59:10 AM »

I have never been with a hooker (and don't want to), but my understanding is that you pay after the sex not before. In this case actually before you even met her or even know that she is a real person...  :cluebat:

And I thought I was a sucker when I lent my ex GF $300 for rent money and she avoids paying it back. Well, thanks for making me feel better!

Offline Muzh

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2011, 11:04:59 AM »
I have never been with a hooker (and don't want to), but my understanding is that you pay after the sex not before. In this case actually before you even met her or even know that she is a real person...  :cluebat:

And I thought I was a sucker when I lent my ex GF $300 for rent money and she avoids paying it back. Well, thanks for making me feel better!

Mike, you got it all backwards.

You pay a hooker to leave.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Kuna

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2011, 03:41:51 PM »
It's the general idea, Kuna. Of course, the word 'prostitute' would be subject to the individual's opinion/definition. Most, if not all, sponsored women is more or less what a common *mistress* would be.

Come on...  get real!  She's a prostitute!

She's advertising for someone to pay her money and a man responding is expecting sexual favours,  it's prostitution.  It may be wrapped in pretty coloured paper but it's still what it is. 

A mistress is entirely different.  If a man, married or not,  meets a woman, develops some sort of "relationship" and then provides financial support it would be fair to call her a mistress...  but in this case, she's hooking!

I know exactly what sponsorship is in FSU... and I have little problem with it when the support comes after a relationship... but I'm not a fan of prostitution or the promotion of it.

If you're advocating prostitution in RWD maybe you can start up a thread to provide advice and support who have "that" interest in FSU.  You can discuss prices,  the best places to find a "mistresses".  Hell,  men could even post photos of the different ones encountered and compare "services".

Imagine the future...  we've got guides and tour operators in here for men seeking marriage... but there MUST be a bigger market of men just looking for a "mistress"... I can see it now... tour guides...  helping men navigate the pitfalls in "finding a mistress".

Just IMAGINE how much growth in members numbers we'd get here then... 

I think there are other sites for that... and I hope RWD doesn't end up accepting prostitution in FSU as a legitimate reason for travel.  God only knows places like Riga have been screwed by westerners going there for cheap thrills and ego boosts.  It may be inevitable that Kiev goes the same way eventually, but I hope we're not doing anything to support it, promote it or condone it.

In this case, the OP is possibly so clueless he didn't realise the transaction he was getting in to though... so it's a totally different issue.

+1

and, tell her to take the train...  8)

As long as you know what you're getting for your money (that you will be spending with this lady).. hey,  it'd probably be quite an adventurous week for you.. if that's what you want then send her a refundable (only to you) e-ticket and enjoy the ride while it lasts.  Though if it's a partner you seek, your time there could be spent more productively... but hey, nothing wrong with some fun as long as everyone knows the score.

Must say, I'm surprised Daveman supports sex-tourism.  People with such values won't find a genuine relationship until they get their ego-problems out of their system.

So... who's setting up RWD's first sex-tourism / prostitution thread?  Could be interesting to see where people are at!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541568
Total Topics: 20870
Most Online Today: 1917
Most Online Ever: 12701