It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: AM and RW ... are we compatible?  (Read 107679 times)

Offline OlgaH

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: AM and RW ... are we compatible?
« Reply #200 on: April 15, 2012, 02:08:35 PM »
And you are a blind pariot of the USA and see nothing good about the place you came from, so?!
I am teeling you: you are what you don't like about Russians you don't like :)

:D 

actually you can look through my posts to see what I like and don't like  instead being so wildly imaginative  ;)

BTW many members here can tell that you behave like a typical Russian woman when somebody points on some Russian shortcomings and she becomes extremely defensive throwing some indirect or direct insults.   :D 

Anyway... have you ever thought why you have such personal experience without blaming something or somebody?  ;)

From my personal experience it is easier to find someone living in Russia than in the US.

Online calmissile

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #201 on: April 15, 2012, 02:09:59 PM »
Doll,

I don't think I will go to the forum you suggested.  The FSU G/F of a friend of mine told me about the forum today.  She is a well adjusted happy woman in the US.   She told me that the forum is mostly a buch of hags bitching about WM.  Doubt I would enjoy it.  I would much rather sit on this forum and figure out how to find a clone of OlgaH!   :)

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #202 on: April 15, 2012, 02:13:05 PM »
So, before I leave this thread- I do think that RW and AM are hardly compatible (with some lucky exceptions).

As stated way upthread, no.

And I'll likely be right with 99% accuracy.

Offline Vasilisa

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #203 on: April 15, 2012, 02:15:04 PM »
Calmissile, how much will her salary be?

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #204 on: April 15, 2012, 02:17:46 PM »
I would much rather sit on this forum and figure out how to find a clone of OlgaH!   :)

calmissile, you better to talk to my husband first  :o    :D   because in some way I'm what  Winston Churchill had to say

"I cannot forecast to you the action of Russia. It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma..."

;D

Offline BC

« Reply #205 on: April 15, 2012, 02:19:55 PM »
Doll,

I don't think I will go to the forum you suggested.  The FSU G/F of a friend of mine told me about the forum today.  She is a well adjusted happy woman in the US.   She told me that the forum is mostly a buch of hags bitching about WM.  Doubt I would enjoy it.  I would much rather sit on this forum and figure out how to find a clone of OlgaH!   :)

Assimilation is a great thing, maybe too great to bear for those seeking a RW.

Contraindicated IMHO.

Offline happyandstable

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #206 on: April 15, 2012, 02:21:01 PM »
   I for one like OlgaH not because she tells me what I want to hear, but rather when she disagrees with me, she does it with class and dignity, not with derogatory comments and personal attacks. I think OlgaH is a fine example to both men and women on how we should treat each other IMHO.

Online calmissile

« Reply #207 on: April 15, 2012, 02:22:20 PM »
Valilisa

It would not matter.  She is a driven women that works and contributes.  More important is her attitudes and integration into the US culture.

Offline Vasilisa

« Reply #208 on: April 15, 2012, 02:22:57 PM »
Calmissile, I know one really nice lady for about 20 years, a mother of my best friend, she is almost 60, looks great for her age, doesn't have gray hair, or at least dye it, her kids are 30+ and have families of their own, very independent. She doesn't speak English though and can't drive a car. I bet you she is not going to use you for money or a green card, I think she wants a soulmate as she is getting lonely now, her husband died last year. 

Offline BC

« Reply #209 on: April 15, 2012, 02:23:45 PM »
   I for one like OlgaH not because she tells me what I want to hear, but rather when she disagrees with me, she does it with class and dignity, not with derogatory comments and personal attacks. I think OlgaH is a fine example to both men and women on how we should treat each other IMHO.

And disregard what's on our mind?  That's typical A? thinking....

Offline Gator

« Reply #210 on: April 15, 2012, 02:23:54 PM »

Online calmissile

« Reply #211 on: April 15, 2012, 02:24:16 PM »
calmissile, you better to talk to my husband first         because in some way I'm what  Winston Churchill had to say

"I cannot forecast to you the action of Russia. It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma..."

And perhaps it is the bit of a mystery that makes it exciting.  :)

Offline Vasilisa

« Reply #212 on: April 15, 2012, 02:24:46 PM »
You obviously missed the post where she called me sick because my opinion was different from hers, actually she was the first one who started that. Calmissile agreed with her, later calmissile apologized, Olga didn't.

Offline Vasilisa

« Reply #213 on: April 15, 2012, 02:27:22 PM »
Valilisa

It would not matter.  She is a driven women that works and contributes.  More important is her attitudes and integration into the US culture.
Calmissile, Olga is hired by her husband, her being here is a part of their business, look at the color of her nickname. Do you argue with clients at work? Do you argue with the boss who pays you?
You never know what she is like when they are together, it can surprise you :crackwhip:  she can be a :devil: in the kitchen.

Offline happyandstable

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #214 on: April 15, 2012, 02:28:46 PM »
And disregard what's on our mind?  That's typical A? thinking....

I just have to ask BC what is typical A? thinking.....?

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #215 on: April 15, 2012, 02:31:28 PM »
You obviously missed the post where she called me sick because my opinion was different from hers, actually she was the first one who started that. Calmissile agreed with her, later calmissile apologized, Olga didn't.

Vasilisa, I accused your imagination being sick when you publicly made your assumption that Calmissle would go after teen girls. And I still think that was sick to say.

Offline Gator

« Reply #216 on: April 15, 2012, 02:32:53 PM »

BTW many members here can tell that you behave like a typical Russian woman when somebody points on some Russian shortcomings and she becomes extremely defensive throwing some indirect or direct insults.   :D 

I reluctantly laugh.  I say 'reluctantly' because I would never participate in a cat fight.  Especially knowing that Vasilisa is a cat owner.  I do admire the energy and wit of the two of you.  And compared to men fights, the two of you are very civil. :applaud:

Offline BC

« Reply #217 on: April 15, 2012, 02:33:48 PM »
    I just have to ask BC what is typical A? thinking.....?

AM / AW... basically sugarcoating.

Offline Gator

« Reply #218 on: April 15, 2012, 02:35:04 PM »
Vasilisa, I accused your imagination being sick when you publicly made your assumption that Calmissle would go after teen girls. And I still think that was sick to say.

I recall that, thought it weird at the time, and then assumed it was an ambiguous writing mistake and not intended.

Online calmissile

« Reply #219 on: April 15, 2012, 02:36:47 PM »
Vasilia,
In spite of your English skills you still have less than a fluent understanding of the language or posts.

My aplology was not about any comments about being 'sick'.  My aplogy was for the crass remark I made suggesting that if you do not like the US or it's men you should go back home.  In addition, I did not realize how many men enjoy your whining and complaining and felt responsible for your comment that you were going to leave.   Now that is the facts.  The apology was sincere and I stand by it!

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #220 on: April 15, 2012, 02:37:27 PM »
Calmissile, Olga is hired by her husband, her being here is a part of their business, look at the color of her nickname. Do you argue with clients at work? Do you argue with the boss who pays you?
You never know what she is like when they are together, it can surprise you :crackwhip:  she can be a >:D in the kitchen.

Vasilisa, I'm not hired by my husband we own the business 50/50.  ;) BTW most of our arguments are about business ideas   :D No I don't argue with clients... I can suggest to them but it is up to them to make a decision  :D

Did I tell you you have a wild imagination?  :-\    :D
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 03:02:11 PM by OlgaH »

Offline Vasilisa

« Reply #221 on: April 15, 2012, 02:38:41 PM »
Oh, please, don't start it again, it had nothing to do with  his being into teenage girls, it was more about the connection between his mentioning the lady's age and the realism of her expectations, like what would be different if she was way younger would it make the expectations more realistic if you didn't get the meaning it didn't give you any right to insult me. But you did.
So when someone is mentioning  how nice you are in treating people who you are disagree with remember that post.

Offline Donna_Pedro

« Reply #222 on: April 15, 2012, 02:39:01 PM »
I disagree, any one that moves to another country has to many degrees intigrate into that culture.
 I do agree like Russia or china, the US is a large country, and made up of many regions, which could be likened to a few small country's, to whit the south west US is very differant from the north east US, actually about 5-6 country's I think, each with its own culture, unique issues.

am sorry that you disagree, but if 10 years ago a man would tell me "You have to integrate into my culture" , I would drop him like a hot potato. Being from Moscow, I was not really too motivated to immigrate to start with. And definitely not to someone who thinks  I  "have to" do something before I even set foot onto hiscountry’s soil.   I dont "have to" anything to anybody, but love my husband. Everything else I will do if I want to do. I appreciated that my husband told me that I do not need to even like his country – just him.
Kaplah!

Offline Vasilisa

« Reply #223 on: April 15, 2012, 02:42:10 PM »
Vasilia,
In spite of your English skills you still have less than a fluent understanding of the language or posts.

I was offering you the best woman I know and you didn't even pay attention to that part, preferring to argue. Bravo.  :clapping:
Must be too old
Yes, I agree, I obviously have less than fluent understanding of you and Olga. Though, it's ok, I don't even have any desire to understand you any better, I am fine with the other people.

Offline BC

« Reply #224 on: April 15, 2012, 02:42:41 PM »

am sorry that you disagree, but if 10 years ago a man would tell me "You have to integrate into my culture" , I would drop him like a hot potato. Being from Moscow, I was not really too motivated to immigrate to start with. And definitely not to someone who thinks  I  "have to" do something before I even set foot onto hiscountry’s soil.   I dont "have to" anything to anybody, but love my husband. Everything else I will do if I want to do. I appreciated that my husband told me that I do not need to even like his country – just him.

Now that's a RW statement I can respect, without all the frills but full of thrills.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541763
Total Topics: 20875
Most Online Today: 1887
Most Online Ever: 12701