It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: I'd like to share a Black Russian with you this Fri. eve  (Read 5963 times)

Offline Eduard

• Commercial Member Restricted
  • Family is where it's at!
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
I'd like to share a Black Russian with you this Fri. eve
« on: November 16, 2012, 03:20:36 PM »
Good evening forumers  :D  Friday night, my wife and daughters are going to another little girl's birthday party. She is turning 7 yo and she speaks 3 languages fluently! Russian, English and Spanish. Mama is from Russia, papa is originally from Spain and they live not too far from us. Going to be a great party for both kids and adults, too bad I have to stay home sick with bad flu...  :(
So I thought I'd share this black Russian with you this evening. I remember a while back there was a discussion whether there were any black people in Russia and Ukraine. It was mentioned that there are some, and some mixed kids of African students. I think this girl is a good example of one of those mixed babies when they grow up. Enjoy and za zdorovye!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 03:22:54 PM by Eduard »
realrussianmatch.com

Offline IAmZon

• Trips: 1 - 3
Re: I'd like to share a Black Russian with you this Fri. eve
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 06:20:46 PM »
provocative subject! You are a brave soul.

I was speaking with a friend today who lives in Colombian and Brazil.  I tell him that I am not so interested in Colombia, Brazil, or Argentina anymore.  Been there, done that.  I said I was planning a trip to EE / Baltics this Spring.  He turns to me and says - as if he is trying to save my life - white girls do not age well!

So, there is another log on the fire.   LOL  (hope you feel better)

Offline Eduard

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 07:15:06 PM »
provocative subject! You are a brave soul.

I was speaking with a friend today who lives in Colombian and Brazil.  I tell him that I am not so interested in Colombia, Brazil, or Argentina anymore.  Been there, done that.  I said I was planning a trip to EE / Baltics this Spring.  He turns to me and says - as if he is trying to save my life - white girls do not age well!

So, there is another log on the fire.   LOL  (hope you feel better)
I hope I do too, Tim, thanks! Right now feeling really crappy  :(
realrussianmatch.com

Offline Guru

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 08:12:44 PM »
Good evening forumers  :D  Friday night, my wife and daughters are going to another little girl's birthday party. She is turning 7 yo and she speaks 3 languages fluently! Russian, English and Spanish. Mama is from Russia, papa is originally from Spain and they live not too far from us. Going to be a great party for both kids and adults, too bad I have to stay home sick with bad flu...  :(
So I thought I'd share this black Russian with you this evening. I remember a while back there was a discussion whether there were any black people in Russia and Ukraine. It was mentioned that there are some, and some mixed kids of African students. I think this girl is a good example of one of those mixed babies when they grow up. Enjoy and za zdorovye!

Its amazing to see that kids can learn languages much quicker than the adults.  Get well soon.

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 08:17:10 PM »
. . . I have to stay home sick with bad flu...  :(

Thanks alot . . . you transmitted it to me via this discussion group.

Actually mine is not the flu (I had flu shot . . . why hasn't everyone?), but a combined allergy/cold.

But, I was a real trooper this evening/night by taking Gal out to dinner and then to a theatrical play.  I felt like he11,  but it was last day of class for her before Thanksgiving break, and she had two major exams during the day.

And tomorrow she wants to go to basketball game (but don't tell 'whats her face').

Also, just a few minutes ago, I promised I would 'try' for an exercise session  in bed in the morning.

The things I am doing to foster international relations!!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 08:27:31 PM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 08:21:53 PM »
I think all of us have seen some beautiful results when fairly different genetics are combined. 

Down in New Orleans you can see some real beauties of French/black combinations.  I have seen some great caucasian/orientals, but also some stark ugly ones from this combo.

And down in Brazil you see some really fantastic results of the multi racial combinations that are quite common in that country.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Eduard

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 09:43:37 PM »
Its amazing to see that kids can learn languages much quicker than the adults.  Get well soon.
thank you, Guru!
realrussianmatch.com

Offline Eduard

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 09:47:43 PM »
ML, do you have this cough that chokes you as well? My chest is all stuffed up and the cough is terrible
realrussianmatch.com

Offline Shadow

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 10:03:22 AM »
Ed you can use the old saying my father used to have when getting a flu:
I am going to die!
When people told him it was not all that bad, he would say: well not now, but I am still going to die...

I have been testing my wife's pateince this past weeks, but finally decided to invoke the powers of the shaman (docter).

Get well soon and stay out of the cold..
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline Eduard

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2012, 10:35:51 AM »
Ed you can use the old saying my father used to have when getting a flu:
I am going to die!
When people told him it was not all that bad, he would say: well not now, but I am still going to die...

I have been testing my wife's pateince this past weeks, but finally decided to invoke the powers of the shaman (docter).

Get well soon and stay out of the cold..
Thank you, Shadow! This is why I live in FLorida :))
realrussianmatch.com

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2012, 12:12:42 PM »

Eduard (and others in the USA) - how can you call this girl "black?"  Seriously?  Of course she's beautiful, but her skin colouring is only light brown.  "Black" for me is someone like a Dinka from Africa.  Remember this is the land of RW, where everything is taken literally!

Quite a while ago I brought up Condoleeza Rice as another example of a beautiful "black" woman.  Sorry, but her skin colour is lighter than mine, and I'm white!  Sure, call them African-Americans (or whatever the actual mix might be), but black...no way.  :cluebat:

Offline ghost of moon goddess

• Empty cans make the most noise :)
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2012, 12:14:08 PM »
I have to stay home sick with bad flu...  :(

My chest is all stuffed up and the cough is terrible

:-[

Eduard, how about this essential evidence-based drug approved many centuries ago?   :D 
IMO, it's the best all-time home remedy for the flu   :thumbsup:
I'm sure it will help you quickly bounce back to full health.

If you want to keep your expressions convergent, never allow them a single degree of freedom.

Offline Eduard

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2012, 12:59:09 PM »
:-[

Eduard, how about this essential evidence-based drug approved many centuries ago?   :D 
IMO, it's the best all-time home remedy for the flu   :thumbsup:
I'm sure it will help you quickly bounce back to full health.

Thank you GOMG!
realrussianmatch.com

Offline Eduard

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2012, 01:02:53 PM »

Eduard (and others in the USA) - how can you call this girl "black?"  Seriously?  Of course she's beautiful, but her skin colouring is only light brown.  "Black" for me is someone like a Dinka from Africa.  Remember this is the land of RW, where everything is taken literally!

Quite a while ago I brought up Condoleeza Rice as another example of a beautiful "black" woman.  Sorry, but her skin colour is lighter than mine, and I'm white!  Sure, call them African-Americans (or whatever the actual mix might be), but black...no way.  :cluebat:
This reminds me of that part of the movie "Bruno" where Sasha Cohen goes on Richard Bey show and calls people who live in Africa "African Americans"  :P  OK, Kiwi, I guess just for you I can call her "African American" (who's never been to America)  :-* 
realrussianmatch.com

Offline ML

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2012, 05:31:54 PM »
ML, do you have this cough that chokes you as well? My chest is all stuffed up and the cough is terrible

Mine goes through several stages starting with simply sore throat.  Then drainage into stomach that makes me sick at stomach.  Then to sneezing and coughing; and  yes, the cough is  what's called 'unproductive.'  Gives a terrible headache and very irritated throat.

I try  everything,  but  nothing stops  the  2 week progression.  Have  had it many times over the years.

Only thing  I try to do is take amoxicilin to prevent strep throat from developing, which has happened a few times over the  years.

Went out with Gal to basketball game and then grocery shopping, which  I shouldn't have done.

Offline Eduard

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2012, 08:17:14 PM »
I started taking antibiotic and stayed in bed all day... sucks to be sick... Hope you feel better soon, ML
realrussianmatch.com

Offline Partizan

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2012, 02:27:20 PM »
I started taking antibiotic and stayed in bed all day... sucks to be sick... Hope you feel better soon, ML

You should have taken the flu jab Ed.

Offline ML

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2012, 03:33:48 PM »

I was worse this morning.  Gal felt my forehead and said I had temp.  I pooo-poooed that.  But finally stuck thermo in mouth and got reading of 102!!

So off to Express Medical facility.  Negative for step throat and influenza, but positive for bronchitis and sinusitis.  And they are even concerned about pneumonia, so took X ray and doctor will read tomorrow.

I usually take amoxicilin for this, but I told them I was worried it was losing effectiveness.  So they gave me 'Augmentin' 875 mg.

Then pharmacist gave me the good news that this drug usually makes people sick at their stomach.  And man, did it ever for about 2 hours.  So I get to  go through this twice a day for 10 days.

This is Gal's Thanksgiving break from University, and we were happy we didn't go through with plans for a paid trip out of town.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2012, 03:45:13 PM »
As we are turning this in to a WM sick bay report I might as well add my experience of the last 2 weeks. Old skin trouble (atopic eczema) decided to explode and as a result I was not sleeping most of nights, and as good as no deep sleep at all.

Seems to be something in the air as our oldest son also got an attack, he unfortunately has my genes there.

Finally decided to let the doctor fix it, so got some pills and creams. After the first day my sleep seems to return, power is getting back up. Will need some days to repair the skin, about 50% of my body was affected.

ShadowJr.V1 is also doing a bit better.

MrsShadow and ShadowJr.V2 have no worries.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2012, 05:29:34 PM »
This reminds me of that part of the movie "Bruno" where Sasha Cohen goes on Richard Bey show and calls people who live in Africa "African Americans"  :P  OK, Kiwi, I guess just for you I can call her "African American" (who's never been to America)  :-*
Eduard, I think that you really ARE sick!  You missed the bit of my quote which said "African-American or WHATEVER THE ACTUAL MIX MIGHT BE."

Get well soon!  :flowers:

Offline ghost of moon goddess

• Empty cans make the most noise :)
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2012, 07:31:31 AM »
I usually take amoxicilin for this, but I told them I was worried it was losing effectiveness.  So they gave me 'Augmentin' 875 mg.

Then pharmacist gave me the good news that this drug usually makes people sick at their stomach.  And man, did it ever for about 2 hours.  So I get to  go through this twice a day for 10 days.

When prescribing antibiotics courses, our doctors usually advise to combine them with some pro-biotic or dietary supplements to regulate the balance of intestinal micro-flora.
With regard to Augmentin,don't take it on an empty stomach! It should be taken with food, preferably yogurt (containing active/live cultures) - it usually helps avoid or, at least, reduce the side effect you mentioned up-thread.
Wish you a speedy recovery!

OK, Kiwi, I guess just for you I can call her "African American" (who's never been to America)  :-* 

Eduard, you'd do Russians of African descent a big favor by calling them African Russians, or just Afro-Russians

If you want to keep your expressions convergent, never allow them a single degree of freedom.

Offline ML

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2012, 08:23:54 AM »
When prescribing antibiotics courses, our doctors usually advise to combine them with some pro-biotic or dietary supplements to regulate the balance of intestinal micro-flora.
With regard to Augmentin,don't take it on an empty stomach! It should be taken with food, preferably yogurt (containing active/live cultures) - it usually helps avoid or, at least, reduce the side effect you mentioned up-thread.
Wish you a speedy recovery!

I didn't mention that pharmacist did tell me to take with food, and I did.  However, I still got  sick as a dog.  The  second time around (at 11 PM) I took with  food, then took a sleeping pill and then immediately went to bed.  So I avoided the sick stomach part.  Took 3rd pill with food recently and no terrible effects yet . . . hoping.  Temp now down to 99.5, so that's an improvement.

Thanks for your concern and wishes. :)

Offline ML

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2012, 10:01:27 AM »
I thought I was getting better, but just got the call that my X-ray on Sunday showed that I have pneumonia in right lung.

The Augmentin drug I'm already taking will work on it,  but they now gave me an additional prescription for something called Z Pack.

Offline Eduard

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2012, 07:59:32 PM »
I thought I was getting better, but just got the call that my X-ray on Sunday showed that I have pneumonia in right lung.

The Augmentin drug I'm already taking will work on it,  but they now gave me an additional prescription for something called Z Pack.
I'm on Zithromax now, is that what you are taking? Wow this is a real nasty virus!
realrussianmatch.com

Offline ML

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2012, 09:22:29 PM »
I'm on Zithromax now, is that what you are taking? Wow this is a real nasty virus!

Yes, I looked up Z pack on Wiki and got  this info:

- - - - - - -

Azithromycin (Zithromax, Azithrocin, Zmax)[1] is an azalide, a subclass of macrolide antibiotics. Azithromycin is one of the world's best-selling antibiotics.[2] It is derived from erythromycin, with a methyl-substituted nitrogen atom incorporated into the lactone ring, thus making the lactone ring 15-membered.
Azithromycin is used to treat or prevent certain bacterial infections,

- - - - - - -

It was prescribed for me for my pneumonia which is bacterial, not virus.

Yeah, this bout I have with bronchitis, sinusitis and now pneumonia is one of worst health problems I have had.  My cough is so bad I think I might have broken a rib, which sounds impossible, but I checked it out on web . . . and it is possible; quite painful and I'm not close to ending the coughing.

Only good news out of all of  this is that Gal has turned out to be much more caring (in the nursing sense) than I had thought she might be.  A really great Gal in most respects, but somehow she didn't seem all that caring when,  for  instance, viewing a TV show featuring some sick person,  etc.

- - - - -

And completely off topic;  but I  just noticed a member online now with the handle 'gafocker.'  I am wondering if the 'a' is long or short!!!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 09:26:54 PM by ML »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541781
Total Topics: 20876
Most Online Today: 1660
Most Online Ever: 12701