It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Mothers' Day Greetings  (Read 3567 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Mothers' Day Greetings
« on: May 12, 2013, 06:55:20 AM »
Happy Mothers' Day to all the mothers and wanna-be mothers here.
Hope someone provides you with a special meal today or something else that gives you pleasure and happiness.

My Gal and I are headed out at noon for special buffet at middle-eastern themed restaurant.  Owners are from Lebanon and make 'to die for desserts,' baklava, et al.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Mothers' Day Greetings
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 07:05:58 AM »
Joining ML in sending sincere wishes to our mothers and ladies everywhere!

Now a big of history on this special day credited as beginning in Grafton, West Virginia (USA)...

(The Mendeleyev Journal)
You may be surprised to learn that there is a "Mother's Day" in Russia. The last Sunday in November was declared to be the day to honour all Mothers back in 1998. Admittedly it is not widely celebrated as most Mom's are given recognition along with wives, girlfriends, etc, on 08 March, "International Women's Day."

Caption: Day of Mothers, Russia. height=497
This year, if you observe it, Mother's Day in Russia will fall on 24 November. That doesn't stop us however from sending well wishes to all Mothers who observe this day on 12 May.

We also honour the memory of our Mothers who have passed "from death into life" and pray that God will make their memories eternal.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 08:18:18 PM »
Had a great meal.  My Gal said it was probably the best restaurant she had ever been to.

Afterward, we went to "The Great Gatsby."  She really enjoyed it, although I didn't think it was all that great.  I think  the prior version was better, not referring to the actors, but rather the way the story was presented.

Think  I heard there have actually been 4-5 remakes of the  movie.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 08:34:14 AM »
Had a great meal.  My Gal said it was probably the best restaurant she had ever been to.

Afterward, we went to "The Great Gatsby."  She really enjoyed it, although I didn't think it was all that great.  I think  the prior version was better, not referring to the actors, but rather the way the story was presented.

Think  I heard there have actually been 4-5 remakes of the  movie.

Belated Happy MD To all!

A week after a wedding in San Diego and celebrating Cinco de Mayo at the Gas Lamp district, last Saturday was a huge splash 'brunch' for all the Mommies in the group for us. Then yesterday went to see Mumski and in the afternoon went to watch Iron Man.

Wifey is a HUGE Robert Downey Jr. fan. Good thing for me, too, asI just love those Marvel movies.

Haven't seen Gatsby, although I'm beginning to warm up to Leonardo. I couldn't stand the guy before. He just bugs me. But watching him in Django, I really liked his work with that role.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541779
Total Topics: 20876
Most Online Today: 1577
Most Online Ever: 12701