It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 5 years on...  (Read 3485 times)

Offline DKMM

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
5 years on...
« on: November 22, 2013, 09:53:55 PM »
I don't know how long its been since I dropped by, but I thought I would add that my happy marriage turned 5 recently and we have a 3rd baby on the way.  Mother in law living here 6 months a year and she treats me well and is a big help. 
It gets better every day (mostly)   :D
Years ago I wrote on this forum living alone hoping I could meet a good RW and now I'm planning on 6 living in my house with me the only one who is died in the wool American.  Sorry if it sounds boring but I thought I would contrast with some of the sad stories on here of late.
I think after about 5 years of so - if you were successful - you'll forget she was even from another country.
I searched for compatible desired lifestyle/ideals, mixed in hard work , persitence and luck.   A R/U bride can work and it can make life infinitely better but you need to pay attention to reality and not pretend you are someone else.  Find someone about 10 years younger, be completely honest about your job prospects, lifestyle and what you expect out of your life together.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Re: 5 years on...
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 10:18:26 PM »
Excellent advice. Congratulations, too!.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline JayH

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 10:54:16 PM »
I don't know how long its been since I dropped by, but I thought I would add that my happy marriage turned 5 recently and we have a 3rd baby on the way.  Mother in law living here 6 months a year and she treats me well and is a big help. 

Congrats on being so happy-nice. You are correct-- we need to hear more from successful people -- particularly of the adjustment and assimilation process.
Actually there is a thread her on forum ( newish) that MsA was suggesting that your experiences would make a great contribution. :)
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Ade

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 03:12:44 AM »
Years ago I wrote on this forum living alone hoping I could meet a good RW and now I'm planning on 6 living in my house with me the only one who is died in the wool American.  Sorry if it sounds boring but I thought I would contrast with some of the sad stories on here of late.
I think after about 5 years of so - if you were successful - you'll forget she was even from another country.
I searched for compatible desired lifestyle/ideals, mixed in hard work , persitence and luck.   A R/U bride can work and it can make life infinitely better but you need to pay attention to reality and not pretend you are someone else.  Find someone about 10 years younger, be completely honest about your job prospects, lifestyle and what you expect out of your life together.

Wow. 3 in 5 years. Congratulations.

I must admit that I'm knackered half the time with only 1 in the same timeframe. ;D

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 05:11:20 AM »
I must admit that I'm knackered half the time with only 1 in the same timeframe. ;D

That's because you're getting old, Ade!  :-\

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 05:56:06 AM »
Congratulations DKMM!   That is awesome.   Don't stay away so long though.  We would much rather having you post often and keep us up to date than to stop back in another 5 years and tell us you are up to 6 and then again 5 years further down the road to let us know there are now 9 little ones running around on the floor. 

Ade, get busy.  You have a lot of catching up to do. 

Offline Ade

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 07:07:50 AM »

That's because you're getting old, Ade!  :-\

Yes, very true.

But don't tell the wife.

Ade, get busy.  You have a lot of catching up to do. 

I'll let my wife know, she'll be delighted I'm sure.

Offline BC

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2013, 11:58:10 AM »
hearty congrats DK!  wow..3 little dk's running round.. that's great.

At 5 years, MIL and FIL were here around 3 months every second year.  That dwindled after 5 to every now and then for much less time and now just a 'maybe'.

Your MIL must be a real jewel.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2013, 12:26:54 PM »

...you'll forget she was even from another country.

Mildly contest that notion when they still write their weekly schedule in Russian.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Jumper

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2013, 02:55:20 PM »
Congrats DKMM,
cool to hear things are going well!
:)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott