It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Crimea joining Russian Federation  (Read 62647 times)

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Crimea joining Russian Federation
« Reply #125 on: May 21, 2014, 09:27:47 PM »
Its a yes or no questions. Fathertime.  You can interpret it by answering it.

Given your history and what I believe to be intentional misstatements, I have no intention on answering the majority of your questions.  I’ve stated my point regarding the lack of an invasion outside of Crimea, without making a game of 20 questions out of it.   If you have a point to make, you are free to make it, as I’m not interested in playing into your games.    I’m not trying to convince you to change your position as whatever you want to think is fine by me.

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Wayne

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2014, 07:11:03 AM »
Privatbank seems to have failed in Crimea. We do not have an account in this bank, but we know someone who does. Russia's Security Fund is issuing coupons up to about 700,000 RU. That is, who knows when people will get their money?

lordtiberius

« Reply #127 on: May 22, 2014, 08:02:54 AM »

Given your history and what I believe to be intentional misstatements, I have no intention on answering the majority of your questions.  I’ve stated my point regarding the lack of an invasion outside of Crimea, without making a game of 20 questions out of it.   If you have a point to make, you are free to make it, as I’m not interested in playing into your games.    I’m not trying to convince you to change your position as whatever you want to think is fine by me.

Fathertime!

OK, well who is Colonel Igor Girkin (Strelkov)? The Donetsk Republic has AK 100? Which other army uses AK 100? Which journalist agency carries MANPADS?

You are the most eloquent Putinist and you cannot answer simple questions.  Live with it.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #128 on: May 22, 2014, 08:46:56 AM »
OK, well who is Colonel Igor Girkin (Strelkov)? The Donetsk Republic has AK 100? Which other army uses AK 100? Which journalist agency carries MANPADS?

You are the most eloquent Putinist and you cannot answer simple questions.  Live with it.
It is somewhat amusing that me and my views have become so important to you.  I'm not concerned about your viewpoint or questions. ..I don't find you in particular to be rational or worthwhile to discuss things with, so i try to minimize dialogue with my 'fanboy' and move on to more coherent posters of which there are plenty.
Fathertime!

lordtiberius

« Reply #129 on: May 22, 2014, 09:42:36 AM »
I think the lady doth project too much.

You can't defend your point of view.  At this point, your allies go into nasty name calling mode where as you don't go below snark.

There will be an election.  It will be legitimate.  Poroshenko will be President.  Not because the Benghazi bitch wants it but because the people want it.  Russia has gained 2 million Crimeans and lost 43 million Ukrainians.  All of Europe is alerted to Putin.  The buddy buddy days are over.  Now it is confrontation or denial.  Russia signed a gas deal with China.  Russians hate the  Chinese more than they hate Americans. 

Rogozin - the chief hawk in the Kremlin will probably provoke Europe (and Ukraine is in Europe now) whether it is in Ukraine, Moldova or the Baltics, at best some bad press (more negative Economic consequences) or a counter military escalation.  This isn't Georgia in 2008.  The only thing Putin has going for him is Obama is President, whoever his successor is, assuming there is one will take a hawkish stance to Russia, which is where I think the conversation should really turn.

What will the next President do about Russia?  I suggest the following.  The Russian people should remove Putin.  Secondly, Russia will be partioned.  Third, Russia will be disarmed of her nuclear arsenal.  Fourth, she will no longer reside of the permanent Security Council.   It she will have a chance at peace, prosperity and freedom.  Something only whispered since the Czars.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #130 on: May 23, 2014, 09:29:50 AM »
Has anyone looked at the website:  "Crimea Inform News Agency"?

Of course, the news is slanted!

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #131 on: May 23, 2014, 12:18:14 PM »

You can't defend your point of view.  At this point, your allies go into nasty name calling mode where as you don't go below snark.

Lordy,

Isn't calling nasty names your tactic?

I'll up the ante.. you're nuthin butt (sic) a gay cuck!

and guess what... I don't even care.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 12:20:30 PM by BC »

Offline AkMike

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #132 on: May 24, 2014, 04:33:58 PM »

There will be an election.  It will be legitimate.  Poroshenko will be President.  Not because the Benghazi bitch wants it but because the people want it.  Russia has gained 2 million Crimeans and lost 43 million Ukrainians.  All of Europe is alerted to Putin.  The buddy buddy days are over.  Now it is confrontation or denial.  Russia signed a gas deal with China.  Russians hate the  Chinese more than they hate Americans. 

Rogozin - the chief hawk in the Kremlin will probably provoke Europe (and Ukraine is in Europe now) whether it is in Ukraine, Moldova or the Baltics, at best some bad press (more negative Economic consequences) or a counter military escalation.  This isn't Georgia in 2008.  The only thing Putin has going for him is Obama is President, whoever his successor is, assuming there is one will take a hawkish stance to Russia, which is where I think the conversation should really turn.

What will the next President do about Russia?  I suggest the following.  The Russian people should remove Putin.  Secondly, Russia will be partioned.  Third, Russia will be disarmed of her nuclear arsenal.  Fourth, she will no longer reside of the permanent Security Council.   It she will have a chance at peace, prosperity and freedom.  Something only whispered since the Czars.

:clapping:  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Now on the eve of the elections lets hope that putler will stay in his own backyard and Ukraine can go and find their own future w/o Russia on her back telling her what to do.

lordtiberius

« Reply #133 on: May 24, 2014, 05:25:43 PM »
:clapping:  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Now on the eve of the elections lets hope that putler will stay in his own backyard and Ukraine can go and find their own future w/o Russia on her back telling her what to do.

Thank you Mike.

Merkel and Hollande called Putler, they both told him to back off.  Hollands has the Mistral ship it still intends to sell Putler and Merkel went to St. Pete on behalf of German business.  Obama is dealing with the VA scandal.  So Putler's room to maneuver has shrunk considerably.  But UKIP will make gains in the British government and Ukraine's antiterrorist operation makes progress the balance of power on the ground may provoke the 61 year old hockey player to "save his guys."

I would like to see Ukraine not only regain Crimea, I would like the Kuban Cossacks to join Ukraine and make it bigger.  Why don't we put it to a vote?

Offline AkMike

« Reply #134 on: May 24, 2014, 06:43:52 PM »
That should read France that's got the contract for the Mistral ships to Russian.

I'm glad for the times that I've already visited Krim but after this there's no way that I'll ever return as long as it's under Russian control. IF (and it's a long shot) Krim is returned to Ukraine and the international sanctions hold for more than the attention span of a gnat... I will consider retiring there outside of one of the bigger towns. Bellakalava comes to mind.. :D

Until then I'll still look at central UA along the Dnieper where my friends and family are located.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 06:49:27 PM by AkMike »

lordtiberius

« Reply #135 on: May 25, 2014, 05:03:33 AM »
There is serious food shortages in Crimea now.  Ukraine hasn't cut electricity and water yet.  I don't see Russia holding Crimea for much longer despite the back room reassurances of the Janus-faced West.  Agree?

Offline justme100

« Reply #136 on: May 25, 2014, 05:26:02 AM »
There is serious food shortages in Crimea now. 
What's the source of this information? :D

lordtiberius

Offline fathertime

« Reply #138 on: May 25, 2014, 07:33:16 AM »
There is serious food shortages in Crimea now.  Ukraine hasn't cut electricity and water yet.  I don't see Russia holding Crimea for much longer despite the back room reassurances of the Janus-faced West.  Agree?

Nowhere within that link you provided was it stated there was a food shortage. 
Here is an excerpt within the link you provided:

"There's enough food, but it's expensive," she said.
[/color][/size]Food prices are likely to go up further due to problems with local agriculture and with deliveries from Russia and Ukraine. At the moment, delivery trucks from Russia can only reach Crimea via a ferry across the Kerch strait. Lines of trucks there and at the new border with Ukraine, where most of Crimea's food comes from, have reportedly grown several hours long.[/font]
[/color][/size][/font]
[/color][/size]Fathertime!  [/font]

lordtiberius

« Reply #139 on: May 25, 2014, 09:15:05 AM »
Tell us again about the win win . . .

Offline fathertime

« Reply #140 on: May 25, 2014, 09:24:39 AM »
Tell us again about the win win . . .

Your ‘response’ (lack thereof) indicates you have been caught in another gross misstatement (lie)…You have shown zero honor, and it is my pleasure to merely point it out.   I quoted the article YOU provided.  Your earlier statement was proven to be yet another lie.  It has once again been demonstrated that you lack honor, and will misstate (lie) about both articles and fellow posters, instead of being truthful and providing good information for people to decide what they believe based on good information. Tsk tsk tsk!     

Fathertime! 

Offline justme100

« Reply #141 on: May 25, 2014, 10:32:41 AM »
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/09/crimea-adapt-life-russia-putin
We don't have any shortages of food. The prices are impressing for meat and some vegetables, that is thruth.But there is no shortage at all. I can make photos or video from the markets)
As to water, again not truth. Ukraine cut off water about already a month ago and even built some kind of dam.

Offline AkMike

« Reply #142 on: May 25, 2014, 10:46:02 AM »
I read that the dam was built because the water bill wasn't paid. Something over a million USD? Any water company anywhere would do the same and shut off your water unless you pay the bill.

Why should Ukraine bother to supply and electricity, water,  or anything to Krim now?

It Russia's problem.

Offline Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #143 on: May 25, 2014, 11:03:48 AM »
I read that the dam was built because the water bill wasn't paid. Something over a million USD? Any water company anywhere would do the same and shut off your water unless you pay the bill.

Why should Ukraine bother to supply and electricity, water,  or anything to Krim now?

It Russia's problem.

Absolutely right. Even here in the states, you don't pay your bills, the utility companies won't give a second thought to turning off power or water, etc....
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline AkMike

« Reply #144 on: May 25, 2014, 11:22:08 AM »
Here's some news from Simferopol about the empty store shelves there.

http://life.pravda.com.ua/society/2014/05/23/169375/

Offline AkMike

« Reply #145 on: May 25, 2014, 11:37:17 AM »
Since we touched on the topic of the water supply to Krim I was thinking that the price of the water could be arbitrarily be raised to be equal the the arbitrary price that Russia jacked up the gas bill to Ukraine.

Hey, after all fair is fair right? Turn about is fair play!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 11:38:59 AM by AkMike »

Offline fathertime

« Reply #146 on: May 25, 2014, 11:59:14 AM »

It Russia's problem.
I'd say Ukraine has the right to raise the water price to whatever they feel like they want to…or to cut off service altogether if they choose.  Russia needs to pay for the services for the region now that they have claimed it.  That said, Ukraine also needs to pay their gas bill also.   Have the Russians been complaining about cut off of water, or paying the bill?  I hadn't heard anything like that.  If they are complaining about paying, I’d like to know their reasoning because it would seem ridiculous on the surface.   

Fathertime!

Offline justme100

« Reply #147 on: May 25, 2014, 12:56:06 PM »

It Russia's problem.
It's completely untrue. Ukraine was offered to ask any price for water and Russia would pay. The package of documents that is needed to make a deal was sent to Kiev 5 times already and each time returned without any note at all. They refuse tonegotiate on the subject so it's not the question of debt, it's just a question of revenge, nothing more^)

Offline justme100

« Reply #148 on: May 25, 2014, 12:58:11 PM »
Here's some news from Simferopol about the empty store shelves there.

http://life.pravda.com.ua/society/2014/05/23/169375/
google a little, there are also photo on inet with the same empty shelves made in the USA after tornado. they are also presented as empty shelves in Crimea)

Offline AkMike

« Reply #149 on: May 25, 2014, 01:07:38 PM »
It's completely untrue. Ukraine was offered to ask any price for water and Russia would pay. The package of documents that is needed to make a deal was sent to Kiev 5 times already and each time returned without any note at all. They refuse tonegotiate on the subject so it's not the question of debt, it's just a question of revenge, nothing more^)

So do you really think that Russia will pay ANY price  for water for Krim? LOL,

How about twice the present gas bill per month? Water's certainly not that expensive unless you get very thirsty.. Then it's priceless!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541782
Total Topics: 20876
Most Online Today: 1663
Most Online Ever: 12701