It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Propaganda War  (Read 417167 times)

Offline Photo Guy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: The Propaganda War
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2014, 05:02:33 PM »
What is the side of America? That there actually are refugees from Crimea? Not just 'fake' refugees? What do Russians want? As an American, I am happy that a corrupt dictator in Kyiv was thrown out. Are Russians unhappy about that? What makes Russians happy? What do they want? Is it a secret? Please do tell.

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2014, 05:33:34 PM »
Maxx,

I don't think that there is anything against the Russian people.  (Possible present company excluded.)  Some of my best friends are Russians.  I did business there for over ten years.   I just have a soft spot in my heart for the underdog.  If someone is getting the sh&t beat out of them, I feel very sad.  That is what is happening right now as Russia is trying to make a client state out of Ukraine.

I don't know how many friends you have in Ukraine, but if you talk to them, they are scared beyond belief.  Put yourself in their shoes.  The average Ukrainian did NOT participate in Maidan.  The average Ukrainian is NOT participating in the ongoing stirred up mess in Eastern Ukraine. 

One of my friends told me the other day that he feels like it is 1939 and Ukraine is awaiting the blitzkrieg. 

Whynotme is stridently opinionated.  She has said many negative things about the United States on this forum and others.  Yet she is engaged to a man from the United States.  For me, it is very difficult to understand. 

Now she labels this whole forum as Russophobe.  While I oppose her and her comments against Ukrainians, I love the Russian people.  I always have.  It caused me to learn Russian in college when it was not a popular thing to do.  It caused me to do business there when everyone was losing their shirts.  Were this anything other than Russia picking on Ukraine, I would be on the side of Russia.  But I cannot understand the vitriolic dialogue I see here and on the social networking sites, slamming Ukrainians with the official Kremlin line of thought.

Whynotme, you claim to be of Ukrainian heritage, but you have had not one nice thing to say about them since you were on this forum - or the other.  To me, that does not speak of kindness of these wonderful people, simply disdain.   

Maxx, I am on record as saying that the United States should not be a participant in what is happening in Ukraine.  But here, on this forum, where we talk about meaningful relationships with FSUW, it is hard to understand hatred between two wonderful peoples, the Russians towards the Ukrainians.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline sleepycat

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2014, 06:15:16 PM »
I need not to have ukrainian friends having 7/8 ukrainian ancestry myself (1/7 is georgian). I'm Russian. So who are u to lecture me?  ;D

7/8 = 87.5%
1/7 = 14.28%
         ---------
Total  101.78%

Hey whynotme, you have too much DNA in your genetic composition!!!

Offline fathertime

« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2014, 06:29:05 PM »

Maxx, I am on record as saying that the United States should not be a participant in what is happening in Ukraine. 
You are also on record as saying this:

Russia is not there to have military exercises, they are their to intimidate and probably invade.  Frankly, it makes me want to call my Congressman and have the US do a little intimidation of our own.  Maybe put two or three divisions in Latvia.  Do military exercises there with drones and field hospitals and armored columns.  Big enough to reach Moscow.  Accompanied by the stealth weapons that your country has no idea how to defend against. 

I don't think it would EVER be a good idea to try to intimidate Russia in it's own backyard.  We would be bluffing and they would call it and then we would have to back down. 
We are not going to be willing to go the distance and I think the Russians will.  Bluffing is a good move if you are not likely to get called. 
[size=78%]  [/size]

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline jone

« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2014, 06:47:14 PM »
FatherTime,

Do you understand the word 'hyperbole' or is that out of your league?

You must be still smarting from that slap down from missA today.  Incidentally, she is a 'REAL' Ukrainian.

Tell us again about your 'Win/Win' philosophy.  We're all waiting for your latest spin!   :deadhorse:
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2014, 06:51:34 PM »
Maxx,

I don't think that there is anything against the Russian people.  (Possible present company excluded.)  Some of my best friends are Russians.  I did business there for over ten years.   I just have a soft spot in my heart for the underdog.  If someone is getting the sh&t beat out of them, I feel very sad.  That is what is happening right now as Russia is trying to make a client state out of Ukraine.

I don't know how many friends you have in Ukraine, but if you talk to them, they are scared beyond belief.  Put yourself in their shoes.  The average Ukrainian did NOT participate in Maidan.  The average Ukrainian is NOT participating in the ongoing stirred up mess in Eastern Ukraine. 

One of my friends told me the other day that he feels like it is 1939 and Ukraine is awaiting the blitzkrieg. 

Whynotme is stridently opinionated.  She has said many negative things about the United States on this forum and others.  Yet she is engaged to a man from the United States.  For me, it is very difficult to understand. 

Now she labels this whole forum as Russophobe.  While I oppose her and her comments against Ukrainians, I love the Russian people.  I always have.  It caused me to learn Russian in college when it was not a popular thing to do.  It caused me to do business there when everyone was losing their shirts.  Were this anything other than Russia picking on Ukraine, I would be on the side of Russia.  But I cannot understand the vitriolic dialogue I see here and on the social networking sites, slamming Ukrainians with the official Kremlin line of thought.

Whynotme, you claim to be of Ukrainian heritage, but you have had not one nice thing to say about them since you were on this forum - or the other.  To me, that does not speak of kindness of these wonderful people, simply disdain.   

Maxx, I am on record as saying that the United States should not be a participant in what is happening in Ukraine.  But here, on this forum, where we talk about meaningful relationships with FSUW, it is hard to understand hatred between two wonderful peoples, the Russians towards the Ukrainians.

One thing I have learned on posting on these forums (RWD,RWG,RUA) for the past 13 years is that I post best in the morning. Peace everyone. Zaftra ohtrum

Offline fathertime

« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2014, 08:00:56 PM »
FatherTime,

Do you understand the word 'hyperbole' or is that out of your league?

Yeah, you say that now. You like to play both sides though so I don't believe you.

FatherTime,

You must be still smarting from that slap down from missA today.  Incidentally, she is a 'REAL' Ukrainian.

Tell us again about your 'Win/Win' philosophy.  We're all waiting for your latest spin!   :deadhorse:
[/size]
[/size][size=78%] [/size]
If you consider anything here a ‘slap down’ then you need to get out more, as I’ve told you before.  Let me check, I seem to be just fine.   

I’ve already explained what I’d consider a win/win numerous times…if you are too dense to get it, I can’t help you.  That is not say it has happened that way just yet, but it still could….boy will you be upset though…   Meanwhile you sit poised for your invasion, which still hasn't happened.  Are you going to tell us more about your ‘sincere love’ for the Russian people?   It sounds like bologna.

Fathertime!     

Offline die_cast

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2014, 08:04:18 PM »
This is called a discussion. bla-bla-bla. Communicate.
Ok, let's start the discussion.

Do you realize what this forum is about?
What is the purpose of your presence on this forum?
What is the purpose of questions you are asking?
Do you realize that none of us is Mr. Putin?
Are you Ukrainian?
Are you Russian?
What you personally have to do with Russian-Ukrainian cause?
If you are not Ukrainian and not Russian, may be you are a journalist?
Are you collecting information for an article?
If you are not a journalist who is collecting information for his articles in wrong place, may be your are a troll?
Or may be you are a spammer?

Now. Communicate.
- А если я скажу какую-нибудь глупость?
- Скажи с уверенным лицом, тогда это называется точка зрения (с)

Offline whynotme

« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2014, 08:06:39 PM »
7/8 = 87.5%
1/7 = 14.28%
         ---------
Total  101.78%

Hey whynotme, you have too much DNA in your genetic composition!!!

You never do typing mistakes? 1/8

Offline Photo Guy

« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2014, 09:06:29 PM »

Ok, let's start the discussion.

Do you realize what this forum is about?
  Yes, and there is a section for talking about politics. If you know of a better place, let me know.

What is the purpose of your presence on this forum?
   In the past, I was here for info about K-1 visa, and for making friends who could give me insights into forming a relationship with a Ukrainian woman. I wanted to learn all about Ukrainians and Russians. Actually I am still interested in that.

It looks like Ukraine will be invaded. I have close friends there. My ex-fiancee is still there. My questions are all about getting inside the Russian mind(s). I would like to discover their perspective on what Putin is doing. Here in the USA, we often argue and discuss politics. We often question the actions of our politicians. It is normal for us to ask, "Why is Obama doing such and such?" When the Russian military gathers all along the border of Ukraine and calls the new government 'terrorists', it worries me and my close friends in Ukraine. I think it is only natural to wonder what Russian citizens are thinking.

Yes, of course. Do you realize that it is interesting to know what a Russian citizen thinks about world events, Ukraine, and what your President is doing?

Are you Ukrainian?
Are you Russian?
   I grew up on Long Island, New York, USA. I live in Arizona. I've been to Kyiv twice.

What you personally have to do with Russian-Ukrainian cause?
  Like I said, I have close friends in Ukraine and also know Russians and Ukrainians who have moved to the USA. I also have a friend who just flew home to Simferopol.

If you are not Ukrainian and not Russian, may be you are a journalist?
   No, I am a motorcoach driver, and also a musician.

Are you collecting information for an article?
   No, most of the information I get about Russians in Russia, comes from the Russian News Service, so I thought it would be a good idea to get a more accurate picture from Russian individuals. What do Russians want?

I have discovered over the years that all people want the same thing:
prosperity and good health, decent food and clothing, a nice place to live, and an interesting job. I think communication is a good thing and feel free to answer your own questions for me, and, if you'd like, ask me more questions.

If you are not a journalist who is collecting information for his articles in wrong place, may be your are a troll?
   No, actually, I found this place when I was searching for a possible wife over in Ukraine or Russia.
Or may be you are a spammer? No, I have a sincere desire to learn.

Now. Communicate.

Offline whynotme

« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2014, 09:21:13 PM »
Maxx,

At first, all hate to Americans, Ukrainians and tec. u are trying to blame me in exists in your imagination only.
At second. Long ago I asked u not to mention my american fiancee in ur posts. My personal life in not ur business. But seems all ur comments turn into clarification of personal relationships.
At third. Hypocrites is behavior covered insincerity malice by feigned sincerity and virtue. It is what I see in ur posts.

Offline whynotme

« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2014, 09:42:56 PM »

It looks like Ukraine will be invaded. I have close friends there. My ex-fiancee is still there. My questions are all about getting inside the Russian mind(s). I would like to discover their perspective on what Putin is doing. Here in the USA, we often argue and discuss politics. We often question the actions of our politicians. It is normal for us to ask, "Why is Obama doing such and such?" When the Russian military gathers all along the border of Ukraine and calls the new government 'terrorists', it worries me and my close friends in Ukraine. I think it is only natural to wonder what Russian citizens are thinking.

Yes, of course. Do you realize that it is interesting to know what a Russian citizen thinks about world events, Ukraine, and what your President is doing?

You may ask all questions u have to Putin directly here.

http://www.moskva-putinu.ru/

Offline die_cast

« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2014, 10:37:51 PM »
Photo Guy,
Why do you think that RWD is a good place to get inside the Russian mind?
What prevent you from reading those threads about Ukraine/Russia cause, which we already have on RWD? Don't you think you can find there many answers to your questions?
Can you tell us, why Ukraine is of interest to USA?
Do you question the actions of your politicians in Ukraine?
Why don't you use other sources about Russians in Russia except Russian News service?
What sources do you use to learn more about Ukrainians in Ukraine?
Are you able to separate real news from ridiculous propaganda (both Russian and Ukrainian)?
Did the life of your Ukrainian friends improve since "corrupt dictator was thrown out"?
What makes you think that Ukraine will be invaded?
What do you think about Hungarian wish of Transcarpathia's annexion? (Ukrainian Zakarpattia Oblast)
Do you understand that Ukraine is a bankrupt already and a part of Ukrainian population doesn't support current goverment?
Why people who were fighting on Maidan they call "heroes", but people who are protesting in South-Eastern Ukraine - "terrorists"?
What do you think about statements like , which comes from Ukrainian citizens in Donbass area?

- А если я скажу какую-нибудь глупость?
- Скажи с уверенным лицом, тогда это называется точка зрения (с)

Offline jone

« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2014, 10:52:05 PM »
At first, all hate to Americans, Ukrainians and tec. u are trying to blame me in exists in your imagination only.
At second. Long ago I asked u not to mention my american fiancee in ur posts. My personal life in not ur business. But seems all ur comments turn into clarification of personal relationships.
At third. Hypocrites is behavior covered insincerity malice by feigned sincerity and virtue. It is what I see in ur posts.

You are your usual charming self.

First of all, I was the one who welcomed you here on this forum.  You rubbed my nose in it like a dog you are trying punish for making a mess on the floor.   It was evident that you had no desire to find a middle ground or even acknowledge anyone who had opinions other than those which you were trying to promote.  That opinion is that the Kyiv Bandits were reprehensible.

Second, you are the one who has repeatedly brought up your fiancee.  I will be happy to repeat those posts if you cannot remember.  But, obviously, you were bringing up him when you said that he thinks all US politicians are criminals only yesterday.   Third, let me make this perfectly clear, their is nothing insincere or feigned regarding my opinion of you.  I consider your anger towards Americans, always on display, as disdainful. 

If we are talking about your anger towards Ukrainians, let me bring up your attempt to smear the Maidan protesters with the Nazi collaboration and Stepan Bandera.    You brought it up multiple times even showing pictures of atrocities that happened seventy years ago.  I'm certain that you wouldn't bring up pictures of the Holodomor, as that is an atrocity that was committed on the Ukrainian people from Russian leadership in the 1920s and 30s.   

You have constantly pointed, as of yesterday, again, that Kyiv is faking the truth and Russia is telling it.  People constantly have to counter your arguments.  Then, when they do so, you insult them, as you did me last night.

Now, I will post all of these quotes in succession if you continue to dispute them. 

I will tell you, I have no virtue.  I have pragmatism.  Tonight, it was my pleasure to entertain two people from Petersburg and one from Perm.  We had a wonderful dinner out and these people are guests in my home for the night.   We do not talk about what Russia is doing to Ukraine.  Most Russians I respect.  We laugh, we talk, we speak, mostly in Russian.

If you do not want to be continued to be called out for your abuse, both of Ukrainians and Americans, stop doing it.  Then no one will have to.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2014, 11:18:35 PM »

Hey  beware, Jone has shown that he will just make up ‘facts’ about a person on the forum.  He insists I demanded an apology from a Russian woman, but never put up a shred of evidence when challenged. 

I have to agree all the ‘love’ that he insisted he has seems phony as hell….he is constantly attempting to build his ‘creds’ and act important.  After the 50th time it starts to come off as insecure.

You have constantly pointed, as of yesterday, again, that Kyiv is faking the truth and Russia is telling it. People constantly have to counter your arguments.  Then, when they do so, you insult them, as you did me last night.

Why would you whine and expect any less given you attempt to do the same thing?

Fathertime!   

Offline jone

« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2014, 11:49:47 PM »

Hey  beware, Jone has shown that he will just make up ‘facts’ about a person on the forum.  He insists I demanded an apology from a Russian woman, but never put up a shred of evidence when challenged. 

I have to agree all the ‘love’ that he insisted he has seems phony as hell….he is constantly attempting to build his ‘creds’ and act important.  After the 50th time it starts to come off as insecure.

Why would you whine and expect any less given you attempt to do the same thing?

Fathertime!   

FatherTime,

You don't even know what the Holodomor is without looking it up on Wikipedia. 

Tell us again how everything is going to be a WIN for Ukraine.   The man with great depths of knowledge. 

Offline Belvis

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2014, 12:36:11 AM »
What do Russians want? As an American, I am happy that a corrupt dictator in Kyiv was thrown out. Are Russians unhappy about that? What makes Russians happy? What do they want? Is it a secret? Please do tell.

Though I feel you're overloaded with one-side propaganda I'll try to express my point of view. Well, not just mine, actually.

Yanukovich was not a dictator. He was a liberal in comparison with Timoshenko, and his behavior during protests confirms my claim. Corrupted, yes, but not more corrupted than Timoshenko and her company in power. I red acknowledgment from a russian businessman, he was supprised that now illegal business goes smoothly in Kiev because bribe size is down, rate is firm and corrupt officials lost fear because there are nobody who could control them in current situation. But of course new rulers try to picture Yanukovich as a bloody dictator, hah. :)

Why Yanikovich was overthrown. It was not a social conflict, it was an ethno-political conflict that reflects deep antagonisms in Ukrainian society. Only 12% of Kievans took part in Euromaidan at final stage, mostly rioters were from West of Ukraine. They can't accept Yanukovich because view him as a pro-Russian guy. Rival political clans united around Timoshenko clan (in other words: Dnepropetrovsk clan) to use discontent of west-ukrainians against Yanukovich. Timoshenko's team brings nationalism slogans to control rioters and send them in attack against legally elected president. On surface we hear the agenda of fight against corruption, eurointegration, nationalism, patriotism.
   OK, now down to Russia. Russia is unhappy with coup because new rulers will draw Ukraine in anti-Russian camp. USA is happy with coup because new rulers are under their full control.  So the conflict is not Russia vs Ukraine, the conflict is rather USA vs Russia at territory of Ukraine.
  Russia wants friendly state, economically stable partner at her borders. Isn't that simple?

Offline Steamer

« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2014, 12:36:58 AM »
'Allow Ukrainians to be free. Do not invade Ukraine. Do not interfere in Ukraine's government or politics. do not lie about Ukraine.'

Yeah about that lying. The worst thing that could happen to the US, EU or Russia for that matter is to "Win" the Ukraine. What does anyone win? A trashed out Ukraine? I can just picture Obama trying to tell the US why we're going to spend a Trillion $ to fix Ukraine when our economy is so screwed. The EU is in the same boat. Nato doesn't want them either. Obama needs to back off the rhetoric. Russia is the the only country with any interest in the area.
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Offline whynotme

« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2014, 03:27:59 AM »
You are your usual charming self.
First of all, I was the one who welcomed you here on this forum. 
So what? I have to be eternally grateful for that? Unlike you, nobody can blame me in hypocrisy. Why should I find some middle ground, if my opinion is clearly and definitely. Actually, I'm listening Israels info.
http://www.iton-tv.com/art/3926/Izrailskij-razvedchik-Yakov-Kedmi-Vtorzhenie-pochti-neizbezhno/
Hard to fault the Jews to be Putins spies. This interview have to be listened, I doubt that you will be able.
You feel offended by historical facts? I have nothing to do with that.
You're trying to argue that there was no Volyn massacre? Do u try to refute Bandera is the national hero of kievs junta? 20 years of brainwashing Ukrainians have done its job, the image of Russia as an external enemy was formed. We have a common history, in the 30th people froze like flies not only in Ukraine, but in the Volga region too. Dekulakize people was across all country, my mom's family, for example. Father's family was exiled to eastern Kazakhstan and my grandfather spent 15 years in the Gulag.
I will not translate in English opinion of one Jew (my friend) from odnoclassniki. If you know Russian as well as u are boasting u'll be able to translate.
Вообще она сама признает, что большинство проголосовало за присоединение Крыма к РФ, так о чем сыр-бор?!
В том, что Путин не прогнулся как обычно, а всех сделал, причем второй раз подряд после отмены бомбежек Сирии. Отжал стратегическую территорию под шумок. Это обидно для конкурентов, замешано на неприязни к России. Не только бизнес, много личного .
Чтобы понять людей в РФ, надо там пожить. Они готовы пережить любые санкции, это только раскрутит местное производство, готовы отказаться от поездок за границу, им есть где отдыхать и в России. Они клали на все лицензии софта, в самых крыпных компаниях на сетевых ресурсах можно найти любой софт с папкой "кряк" внутри. Они пережили 90ые, а сейчас все совсем по-другому. Проблема пока в том, что только люди с приличным доходом могут видеть эту другую Россию и наслаждаться жизнью. Но это тоже вопрос времени. Россию 90ых надо сравнивать в США 30эх годов времен кризиса, америке понадобилось выйграть в войне, поднять на этом промышленность, чтобы только через 30 лет вернутся к стабильному росту и расцвету экономики. Так что у России еще все впереди. Самое главное в людях проснулась гордость за державу, которой не было с 90ых. меня это радует и я желаю Россиянам только положительных эмоций и мирного неба над головой. Верю, что никакой войны с Украиной не будет. Она сама распадется в результате гражданской войны, а вот в свободную журналистику, я не верю, всегда кто-то платит за работу, поэтому быть независимым нереально.
You may read this also, comments to article too.
http://www.vz.ru/opinions/2014/4/11/681573.html
The tenacity you are trying to find my weak spots amazes me. Show where I wrote that it was my fiancee who did not vote for criminals. I wrote - the guy I know.  Is it normal for gentleman (which you think you are) misrepresent and distort the facts to ascribe me in what I didn't speak. Did I ever wrote that Barbossa was idiot? I wrote that someone can recognize himself. It was you who recognized and seems agreed with that conclusion. Forum is not the place for personal references.
Please, stop to devote all ur posts to my person, my fiance is quite jealous  ;D

Offline whynotme

« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2014, 03:45:21 AM »
http://lifenews.ru/news/131147
Looks like the civil war begining.

Offline whynotme

« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2014, 04:20:32 AM »
Costs of Propaganda War. Why the international community is silent about the genocide of Armenians in Kesap? Is it because Armenia - Russia's ally?
http://izvestia.ru/news/569137

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2014, 04:41:02 AM »
...I will not translate in English opinion of one Jew (my friend) from odnoclassniki. If you know Russian as well as u are boasting u'll be able to translate.
Вообще она сама признает, что большинство проголосовало за присоединение Крыма к РФ, так о чем сыр-бор?!
В том, что Путин не прогнулся как обычно, а всех сделал, причем второй раз подряд после отмены бомбежек Сирии. Отжал стратегическую территорию под шумок. Это обидно для конкурентов, замешано на неприязни к России. Не только бизнес, много личного .
Чтобы понять людей в РФ, надо там пожить. Они готовы пережить любые санкции, это только раскрутит местное производство, готовы отказаться от поездок за границу, им есть где отдыхать и в России. Они клали на все лицензии софта, в самых крыпных компаниях на сетевых ресурсах можно найти любой софт с папкой "кряк" внутри. Они пережили 90ые, а сейчас все совсем по-другому. Проблема пока в том, что только люди с приличным доходом могут видеть эту другую Россию и наслаждаться жизнью. Но это тоже вопрос времени. Россию 90ых надо сравнивать в США 30эх годов времен кризиса, америке понадобилось выйграть в войне, поднять на этом промышленность, чтобы только через 30 лет вернутся к стабильному росту и расцвету экономики. Так что у России еще все впереди. Самое главное в людях проснулась гордость за державу, которой не было с 90ых. меня это радует и я желаю Россиянам только положительных эмоций и мирного неба над головой. Верю, что никакой войны с Украиной не будет. Она сама распадется в результате гражданской войны, а вот в свободную журналистику, я не верю, всегда кто-то платит за работу, поэтому быть независимым нереально.

Whynotme, this is how your quote shows up on my computer.  I have no chance of reading it, let alone translating it, so it would be nice if you could give us at least a summary of what your friend has written.

Offline whynotme

« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2014, 05:18:59 AM »
Google translator:
Generally Europe recognizes that the majority voted for annexation of the Crimea to the Russian Federation, so what the fuss is?
The fact that Putin has not caved in as usual, but made all for the second time after the abolition of bombing Syria. Got strategic territory. It is insulting to the competitors, brewed on hostility to Russia. Not only business, a lot of personal.
To understand the people in Russia, it is necessary to live there. They are willing to endure any sanctions, it just roll the local production, ready to abandon trips abroad, they have a place to rest in Russia. They put on all the software license, and coarse in most companies to network resources, you can find any software to the folder "crack" inside. They survived the 90th, and now things are quite different. The problem while that only people with a decent income can see this other Russian and enjoy life. But this is also a matter of time. Russian 90th should be compared to the U.S. 30eh years since the crisis, America took to win the war, pick up on this industry that only 30 years later return to sustained economic growth and a prosperous economy. So Russia is still ahead. The most important thing in people awakened pride in power, which has not happened since the 90th. I'm happy and I wish the Russians only positive emotions and peaceful sky. I believe there will be no war with Ukraine. It falls apart by civil war itself, but I do not believe in free journalism, someone always pays for the work so to be independent so unreal.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2014, 08:24:52 AM »
Russia is the the only country with any interest in the area.

Not quite. Doesn't Ukraine have an interest in Ukraine? The best thing for America and Russia to do is to tell Ukrainians to stop fighting, vote in the next election, and let UN monitors verify and count votes. Ukraine can be and should be in charge of it's own destiny.

Beside Ukraine and Russia, other ex soviet bloc nations have an interest over there and prefer to see Ukraine join the west, and not have Russia at their door again, ever. If you were in a bad marriage, you'll be wanting to live far away from the ex as possible, not next door.

So why does America have an interest over there? We have the leader of the free world and many nations depend on us for their security. Like it or not, it's a fact and a responsibility. Everybody, take a moment from your daily job as Average Joe Citizen, and imagine yourself as President of the United States. You prefer to lead in a peaceful world but instead, you are currently getting many calls from head of states in Europe and Asia asking you to help. You can tell those VIP's it's their problem or you can show support. The risks of not showing support are losing status and losing business. As president you may not care about the lives and security of other nation's citizens but you have to care about something selfish such as your reputation and loss of business which hurts the economy. Putin is looking good for caring about people being discriminated against in Ukraine. If he can look good, so can our president. Encouraging pro West Ukrainians to have a revolution and then handing them back to Russia is what Obama seems to be doing.  How many of you guys will tell a woman to get out of an abusive relationship from a man and when things get violent, you avoid it by pushing the woman back to the man? Vice President Biden is headed to Ukraine. Things may change, our support levels may increase to keep Ukraine free so they may choose their destiny.

Everybody here can imagine for themselves if they were living in a small country, what would be the right thing? Although some people hate America, not Russia, for meddling in Ukraine affairs, all America wanted to do is allow them to have fair and free elections, something they didn't have due to Russia meddling in Ukrainian affairs for many years. Regardless if America gave them an opportunity to have a free and fair election, it's wrong to take it away from them and the mess in east Ukraine has a chance of blowing it.

If Ukraine votes pro West, then Putin can decide if he wants to bring into Russia all the pro Russian Ukrainians and make them citizens or continue to promote a bloody civil war. Putin doesn't care about those people. He needs the land. Remember last month after Crimea, Putin said he doesn't want to see Ukraine split? It's all or nothing and since he already has Crimea which split Ukraine, Ukraine has to be reunited.

Obama already stated he will not be sending any pro west Ukrainians any weapons. America never has or will interfere with Ukrainian affairs as much as Russia. In the event of a civil war, America will send pro West Ukrainians food to fight against pro Russian citizens who will be supplied with weapons from Russia. As long as these facts continue, Putin knows he has Ukraine. He just have to be patient.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2014, 08:52:38 AM »
FatherTime,

You don't even know what the Holodomor is without looking it up on Wikipedia. 

Tell us again how everything is going to be a WIN for Ukraine.   The man with great depths of knowledge.
I think you have lost objectivity and credibility when you claim that it is 300 Ukrainians that are involved in the movement against the current govt.  You have been minimizing the division from the start.   
I continue to believe that this will be solved without too much blood when/if the sides get together at the bargaining table.  I believe the US should not meddle with the process any more than it already has as it will be seen as an aggravation and escalation.  Your ‘love’ of Russia and constant ‘credibility building’ is humorous to read.     There is still no invasion though as you promised. 

Fathertime!   

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541779
Total Topics: 20876
Most Online Today: 1534
Most Online Ever: 12701