It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: New member seeking some guidance  (Read 33328 times)

Offline Nightwish

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: New member seeking some guidance
« Reply #125 on: November 12, 2015, 03:15:00 AM »
And my point was, that idea, told to you by a RW, and swallowed by you in its entirety, is "a fairy tale for foreigners".

ehhh No!

She told me this in these word, and I quoted them since I thought they pointed out the state of mind/expectations in a very good way, but I have heard this several times from multiple sources, and not only from people from/within FSU.

Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline zooble

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #126 on: November 12, 2015, 06:06:11 AM »
Asides from everything everyone has already grilled the OP about, our OP is promising a free education... he's basing that on her applying for a fellowship/scholarship on her own merit. They don't exactly hand those out to everyone. Knowing that, I don't know anyone who would give up their current education for a puff of smoke.

John A

Regarding to travel to see her, it is wise to have a Plan B in case things did not work out.    I know an American man (from Luckylovers website) who was about your age, flew all the way to Moscow from USA.   When she saw him at the airport, she did not like the way he looked so she ran off.  Luckily, he has a friend from Luckylovers site who happened to live in Moscow.

That's why you need realistic and current photos (the girls too) to keep expectations realistic. I remember reading something on antidate about some poor girl who went to the airport to meet a man and he was bald with false teeth and fatter. I mean if that's like someone here, no offence, but she also wrote that all the pictures she received were nothing like that. She probably received photos that were taken 10-20 years ago! She was lied to about his looks, what else was a lie?

There is no reason for someone to turn around on first sight of you (and they truly intended to meet indicated by her showing at the airport) unless you've set yourself up for failure by lying from the beginning, or bad breath.  :D

Offline GatoMoon

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #127 on: November 12, 2015, 06:29:06 AM »

That's why you need realistic and current photos (the girls too) to keep expectations realistic. I remember reading something on antidate about some poor girl who went to the airport to meet a man and he was bald with false teeth and fatter. I mean if that's like someone here, no offence, but she also wrote that all the pictures she received were nothing like that. She probably received photos that were taken 10-20 years ago! She was lied to about his looks, what else was a lie?

There is no reason for someone to turn around on first sight of you (and they truly intended to meet indicated by her showing at the airport) unless you've set yourself up for failure by lying from the beginning, or bad breath.  :D

Exactly.  I met a woman from Colombia 8 years ago as 'friend'.  She appears herself in LatinAmericanCupid site and STILL use the same photos 8 years ago !!!

As for me, I wouldn't meet anyone until I've seen them in webcam.  I've 'met' many Dominican Republic women in website who AGED at least 10 years when I saw them in webcam !!!

Offline zooble

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #128 on: November 12, 2015, 07:53:54 AM »
Exactly.  I met a woman from Colombia 8 years ago as 'friend'.  She appears herself in LatinAmericanCupid site and STILL use the same photos 8 years ago !!!

As for me, I wouldn't meet anyone until I've seen them in webcam.  I've 'met' many Dominican Republic women in website who AGED at least 10 years when I saw them in webcam !!!

Hahaha that's hilarious and messed up!

I should sell custom web cams over there... "takes 10 years off" will be the slogan 8)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
New member seeking some guidance
« Reply #129 on: November 12, 2015, 08:11:19 AM »
Hahaha that's hilarious and messed up!

I should sell custom web cams over there... "takes 10 years off" will be the slogan 8)

Actually it's the opposite, if you look good on a plastic fish eyed webcam lens then
you will look even better in real life.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline John_A

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #130 on: November 12, 2015, 11:42:00 AM »
Asides from everything everyone has already grilled the OP about, our OP is promising a free education... he's basing that on her applying for a fellowship/scholarship on her own merit. They don't exactly hand those out to everyone. Knowing that, I don't know anyone who would give up their current education for a puff of smoke.

Yes I gave her photos very recent. . .snap several pics of myself in the mirror and send them immediately after taking them.

I supported her finishing her ed in Russia and then if she wanted to go further was fully confident she could do so for free in the states, and I would support that. . . yes she would apply on her merit but she had the goods.

Offline JayH

« Reply #131 on: November 30, 2015, 03:27:32 AM »
A bump-hoping for an update   :)
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #132 on: May 23, 2024, 03:26:43 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm really glad to have found this forum, and looking for some advice here that would be gratefully received.

I met a Russian lady on Eharmony 2 months ago. I thought maybe she was too young or too far away so I let communication drop off, but a month ago she contacted me again and we hit it off. We have communicated every day since, she is a very decent and sweet girl who lives with her mother, teaches, and goes to school for her masters degree. We have skyped a few times, and she certainly appears to be who she says she is.

She's 27, I'm 42. She lives in Nakhodka (3 hrs south of Vladivostok), and I live in Oxford Mississippi (I'm a university professor originally from Michigan).

We started talking about logistics pretty early, and when it would be possible to meet. I mentioned that I could see her possibly during Spring Break, but I would only be able to stay about 5-6 days max because travel to that area is difficult, and my vacation is only 10 days long total. There' not much to see in her town but it would be to visit her and see her family, etc.

She told me it was very difficult for Russians to get a visa to the US, and I mentioned the possibility of getting a fiancee visa, and I was kind of under the impression that I would meet her, we would get engaged (meeting first is a requirement), and that would facilitate her getting a visa here, where she would come for a few weeks and we could marry. This morning she told me that, after my visit there (in March), she would rather try to get a guest visa so she could come here and visit before we got engaged. . . she wants to see what it is like, meet my family, etc.

Well, the visit there in March will take up a lot of time and energy (and money) on my part (for a very short visit of only 5 days or so), and I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the possibility that she might have a hard time visiting America on a tourist/guest visa. Plus she wants to finish her studies there, which would mean that she would not have a free hand to move here permanently until March of 2017. To me this is a bit irrational seeing she could probably easily get an MA at my institution for free, and are having a slight disagreement about this (without fighting). I support her education (and can deliver for her), its just that her insistence on finishing there . . .  its postponing the time to when we could be together until a year and a half.

Now I'm starting the process by getting my passport renewed, there is still plenty of time until March, and I have a number of questions and I'm hoping someone could help:

1. What type of Visa should I shoot for? She says she asked Russian immigration, and they said a guest visa. I looked at the requirements for this and they look like a bureaucratic nightmare. It appears that a tourist visa would make more sense but she says that's not what immigration told her and that I would have to go through a tourist company that would provide an itinerary, etc. I will be staying at a hotel anyway when I visit there, so I don't see how it would be such a problem to get a letter of invitation from there, etc.

2. After I visit, she wants to visit the US 3 months later on a guest/tourist visa, not a fiancee visa. For how long, I don't know, maybe a few weeks. Does this make sense? Is this what people do? Would it be worth the time and effort to visit in March if, as it appears, these types of visas to the US are very hard for Russians to get?

It could be that she herself is a bit confused and there is a conflict of expectations here. Could anyone please provide advice and perspective? It would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

There are so many problems with your situation.
1. Age gap
2. Your story, you are a university professor but only get 10 days?
3. Met on Eharmony
4. Cart before the horse.
5. Are you too broke to do this?
6. This is just the tip of the iceberg

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #133 on: May 23, 2024, 05:24:37 PM »
There are so many problems with your situation.
1. Age gap
2. Your story, you are a university professor but only get 10 days?
3. Met on Eharmony
4. Cart before the horse.
5. Are you too broke to do this?
6. This is just the tip of the iceberg

In theory a FSW interested in dating a western man then a western dating site could make sense, big all were necessarily scammers but it might be a bit suspicious.

Age gap needn't necessarily be a problem if there are extenuating circumstances. People come in all sorts and some issue of one or another may mean that a FSW prefers an older guy, to a point at least.

I think the main thing that stands out from OP here is that like many FSW seekers he is too quick to jump to Marriage. It needn't be a long drawn out affair but jumping to a Marriage on a first visit isn't usually a great way to go about it. It tends to be lacking in a grounded reality check.

Instead I think OP should just go and visit her more than once. While the travelling is a pain on the guy any guy that is into a girl will put themselves out to do that. Both the UK & the US are hard to get tourist visas for FSU people. So it makes more sense to go visit the girl at least several times before getting to a fiancé visa and possible marriage.

Overall I would say to OP nearly a decade too late that it can take time for two paths to merge. You meet a FSW and both you and her are likely to be living single lives under your own drive and direction. So often two people won't be moving in the exact same direction and matters may be full off circumstances at odds with one another. Give it time and keep talking to the girl without necessarily focusing on the issue but talking about stuff in general. Once each other have a better idea of how each others lives are and how they are moving in such a direction and why it can be easier for circumstances to change over time and towards a mutual path. When at first neither of you know the path the other is on fully then it's going to be pretty hard coming to a mutual path until you get to understand each other.

For the girl here she probably doesn't want to drop her course under a system she understands, even if the logic seems to suggest it may be better too. However, once she gets to know the guy, can see his world and the path he is on, she may in time see that there is more logic in such thinking.

Relationships take time to build they don't often happen instantaneously.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online krimster2

• He/Him
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #134 on: May 23, 2024, 07:26:07 PM »
general advice

1. don't be an idiot
2. 'learn' before you 'do'

understand that while yur lookin for one thing, you may completely miss other things which may turn out to be more valuable than what you were searchin for
in fact, I can guarantee this...

if you served in a western military - do NOT go to Russia right now!!!

wear clean socks

women choose men based upon what's "missing" in their life
take a good LOOK at yourself
what do YOU have to offer a woman to fill the missing piece she's lookin for?

this question will cause 90% of you to stay home, cuz in reality, ya got nothin much to offer. them..
and it's better for you to figure this out first, so yur 'fee-fees' don't get hurt later

if you come to some kinda understanding that ya need to find "someone" who will "complete you"...yawn...
then the ONE thing you can do IS FIND A WAY TO MAKE A LOT OF MONEY!!!

no, money ain't 'crass'
it's the most useful thing you can have
and you NEED to make YUR OWN
you don't wanna be no "wage slave"
you wanna make yur own way, yur way, and yur time, and not some "boss"
and you need to make AS MUCH AS YOU CAN!!
as the king, you realize the kingdom costs a LOT!!!
lack on money is the root of all EVIL in a marriage!!

only search for somone to 'complete you' after you complete yourself first!!!!
most of ya'll ain't even started yet...
and sometimes you try an old man's patience
to the point where he just HAS to reach across the bar and "bitch-slap" ya off yur stool

respectfully, The Old Cynic A.KA. "Smert"

I took acid in Jerusalem
and I witnessed the crucifixtion

I stood where Pilate stood, and I heard him say, "Ecce Homo"  "Behold the Man"
as Jesus drew his last breath...

but it was just those damned "historical re-enactors" phuquing with me!!!
but fer a minute there..

in Europe, I've seen FOR REAL much, much stranger stuff in places where a LOT of people had died
this led me to do research on using polarizing light filters at places where a lotta people died
to capture optical wave lengths of different phases of light that humans can not normally perceive
that's how polarizing sun glasses work, reflected light has a different phase than incident light

my first two inventions were devices based on these new materials for polarizing optics to detect extremely minute amounts of methane
and the second one, was for detecting ghosts!!

I had lenses, I didn't wear them as glasses, just lenses that I looked through
that would allow me to see patterns of light that ONLY existed in places that had experienced a LOT of human death,
and I could walk around places like battlefields and see all these moving transparent silhouettes that didn't exist in regular light
and that unfortunately was as far as I got with that research...
all my tools and instruments are in Russia now, behind enemy lines

ohhhhhh
the fun I could be having there now DAWG!!!!
OMG!!!! times a billion!!!!

the first thing Russia's gonna do in central America is to integrate itself into the coke trade
some of this money will go to "bonuses" and some for "bounty's" to be placed on American assets

"bonus" is the new corruption
it's a "performance bonus" with an internally accountable and transparent finance that makes thievery nearly impossible, cuz every cent of it is internally auditable by multiple checks and balances
it rewards good behavior by top managers and punishes bad ones
but NO STEALIN!!!!

this is a system invented in the 1960's by a Soviet math wiz named Tsetlin, a guy who was like 50 yr ahead of his time, may he RIP

for example, a narco carttel may be offored 100 million dollars to send a truck bomb to the NSA Headquarters at Fort Meade, Maryland
and DAWG, I SWEAR
draw a straight line from "The Cube" to the  Patuxent River...it's a long walk
but, what are those copper rods doin in the river bank? eh?
why's there latino graffitti 5 feet away - it's how "they" spell mine
so I'd back up the same way ya came if I was you
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 10:52:48 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2024, 03:06:22 AM »
general advice

1. don't be an idiot
2. 'learn' before you 'do'

understand that while yur lookin for one thing, you may completely miss other things which may turn out to be more valuable than what you were searchin for
in fact, I can guarantee this...

if you served in a western military - do NOT go to Russia right now!!!

wear clean socks

women choose men based upon what's "missing" in their life
take a good LOOK at yourself
what do YOU have to offer a woman to fill the missing piece she's lookin for?

this question will cause 90% of you to stay home, cuz in reality, ya got nothin much to offer. them..
and it's better for you to figure this out first, so yur 'fee-fees' don't get hurt later

if you come to some kinda understanding that ya need to find "someone" who will "complete you"...yawn...
then the ONE thing you can do IS FIND A WAY TO MAKE A LOT OF MONEY!!!

no, money ain't 'crass'
it's the most useful thing you can have
and you NEED to make YUR OWN
you don't wanna be no "wage slave"
you wanna make yur own way, yur way, and yur time, and not some "boss"
and you need to make AS MUCH AS YOU CAN!!
as the king, you realize the kingdom costs a LOT!!!
lack on money is the root of all EVIL in a marriage!!

only search for somone to 'complete you' after you complete yourself first!!!!
most of ya'll ain't even started yet...
and sometimes you try an old man's patience
to the point where he just HAS to reach across the bar and "bitch-slap" ya off yur stool

That's probably true and good stuff Krim. However, potentially the bar may be set pretty low in Russia & Ukraine so long as you don't get a very materialistic woman I think. Yes probably pretty much all women will be materialist in some sense and want you to have something or be able to be put to work to get it. Some women there may just want a man as a companion they feel they can get on with and feel into, perhaps someone on a similar wavelength to them - so the bar can be set as low as that I think without having something 'big' to offer like in the West. After all most Ukrainian or Russian ladies get with local guys with far less money than most western guys.

I think women that aren't model looking are likely to be the most genuine in that, not to say they aren't pretty looking in some way of course but the more everyday a girl is looking the more genuine she often is. Can't say that will be the case for every FSW but for many. The old saying, 'I (She) know what I'm (She) is worth' comes to mind. Model looking girls tend to want something big in exchange for their looks,  often a wealthy guy, not necessarily universally but pretty much always. Everyday looking women tend to have accepted their lot and have feet on the ground and are way more realistic. For sure I think there can be Model looking girls with problems that means they are more willing to accept guys who aren't so wealthy and everyday FSW also with problems. Most women I have found are unique in themselves and their situation.

Money though I think you are dead right is potentially the source of evil in a relationship. I am quite fortunate in that while I am not of great wealth or earn great money I come from a background of having some wealth behind me. It's not huge but having your own house mostly or fully paid up for and a  firm of income bringing in some money helps a fair bit in this venture I think. Not in terms of a woman wanting to get with you so much but in terms of her being happy that you can provide a decent lifestyle.

Once in a relationship having somewhere to live together is essential and it's better (in theory) if the guy has resources behind him to make that happen. Sure an everyday looking girl from the FSU may get with a guy who just rents a place but she will likely feel more reassured by a guy with resources behind him so they aren't (hopefully) one step away from living on the street. A guy with resources can usually provide a better lifestyle than one without and so it's a nice lifestyle that makes for a more pleasant relationship with less discontent, hopefully.

I often find that a FSW may have a work, work, work mentality in mind for her guy, even if he is quite wealthy. I think the temptation of making him the workhorse bringing in the money is often great for them. I would say however that it is best to push back against this. It's an easy thing for her to push her man towards such a lifestyle (or lack of one) but she is not having to do the man hours. The weak man would just accept it and be put to work in a job working all hours under the sun maybe even two jobs, etc. But a guy that works too much can damage himself and the relationship I think. Better to have a balanced lifestyle and not end up in that corner as I think it's likely harder to get out off once you are in it. Odds are the woman would probably latter complain that she never sees you lol.

So yeah I think work reasonably hard to get a nice lifestyle and be careful with spending but avoid overdoing it as that can be a problem also. Finding good deals around when spending I think can help the money go a lot further I think.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2024, 05:16:09 AM »
The Lazy Donkey

to a russian woman, a man is some kinda DONKEY...
selected for how much he can carry

and if you got a "bad back" or a lame leg
well, ya know what happens to those donkeys?
they're left for the coyotes

nature is a cruel bitch
and so are most wimmin, it's only natural...

ya want a woman?
it comes with a price
and most of ya'll are flat broke or will be in the future

Trench, you have "no advantage" in this game
what you have now is temporary
ya think yur holding a strong hand - I own a little house....
this is an illusion you cling to

you made the decision to live the way and where of yur life as it is
and when ya saw things weren't workin out, ya didn't try to change it, only complain...
fundamentally yur lazy, and a lazy donkey is gonna have "problems" with his 'owner'

because of being 'the way you are'
you have condemned yurself to a lifetime of mediocrity
just so you can live in comfortable familiar surroundings

you have no idea what it means to work yur ass off with an 80 hour work week, thousands of miles from home, year after year to try and get ahead just a little...
you're just 'treading water' and not goin in any direction mate, stop thinking that yur gonna reach some island swimmin that way

you never learned to discipline yurself Trench
never leaned how to force yurself to do hard, difficult things
you have no ambition
and yur expecting some kinda reward for this?

you coulda been a totally different person if you weren't such a "comfort seeker"
and tried livin outside yur "safe zone"

out of all the different possible people ya coulda been
you picked the easiest one to be

and you have one last chance to redeem yurself
and even though it's right in front of ya
yur too fookin blind to see it...

« Last Edit: May 28, 2024, 11:31:40 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #137 on: May 28, 2024, 04:16:45 PM »
The Lazy Donkey

to a russian woman, a man is some kinda DONKEY...
selected for how much he can carry

and if you got a "bad back" or a lame leg
well, ya know what happens to those donkeys?
they're left for the coyotes

nature is a cruel bitch
and so are most wimmin, it's only natural...

ya want a woman?
it comes with a price
and most of ya'll are flat broke or will be in the future

Trench, you have "no advantage" in this game
what you have now is temporary
ya think yur holding a strong hand - I own a little house....
this is an illusion you cling to

you made the decision to live the way and where of yur life as it is
and when ya saw things weren't workin out, ya didn't try to change it, only complain...
fundamentally yur lazy, and a lazy donkey is gonna have "problems" with his 'owner'

because of being 'the way you are'
you have condemned yurself to a lifetime of mediocrity
just so you can live in comfortable familiar surroundings

you have no idea what it means to work yur ass off with an 80 hour work week, thousands of miles from home, year after year to try and get ahead just a little...
you're just 'treading water' and not goin in any direction mate, stop thinking that yur gonna reach some island swimmin that way

you never learned to discipline yurself Trench
never leaned how to force yurself to do hard, difficult things
you have no ambition
and yur expecting some kinda reward for this?

you coulda been a totally different person if you weren't such a "comfort seeker"
and tried livin outside yur "safe zone"

out of all the different possible people ya coulda been
you picked the easiest one to be

and you have one last chance to redeem yurself
and even though it's right in front of ya
yur too fookin blind to see it...

What do you mean it's right in front of me?

I have ambition and am working towards stuff but for me I'm no Software Engineer, I can't earn too money like that then springboard off it onto setting up businesses with big money to roll into it.

I have to work with what I've got and move in baby steps one step at a time. I'm getting there but it's going to take time. The UK is not the US, there is not a lot of big money here and those that have big money are usually born into it from traditionally very wealthy families. Most people in the UK earn crap all.

That said even the crap all wages compare well with earnings in countries like Ukraine. If I were to go there with my wealth I would go from a not so wealthy looking guy in the UK to a wealthy looking guy in Ukraine able to buy a flat around the City Centre of Kyiv. I wouldn't donate the moment though as it would be a gamble and if the Russians move in then that's a lot of money lost to me. At the moment I am better off building up my wealth here. I have a plan and I have ambition, but I realise that I also need to move carefully and not throw caution to the wind and take wild gambles that likely won't work out and leave me in the shit.

Few girls date homeless guys, at the moment I may not be topping out but I'm stable enough and doing ok wealth wise. That's a better place for a girl to be with than a homeless guy who chanced it too far or a girl who isn't in the best place herself in life for whatever reason. Some girls will have little loyalty for a guy and some will stick by the guy who she chooses. If a girl will drop a guy over very little it's better to find that out sooner and not fret about it in my book. Sometimes events play to giving someone a stronger hand than usual sometimes they may play against. Sometimes the guy does something to give himself a stronger hand or inadvertently does something that makes his hand weaker.

It can be random, even a guy who is wealthy can end up screwing it up if he gets a gold digger after his wealth. It can be quite random, sure I may not have the strongest hand but it doesn't mean that I might not do well enough all the same.

Some may see me as mediocre and I can see why they might think that but it's possible to move from mediocre to something more. It's also possible to move from mediocre to something less. The UK can be a difficult country and moving from mediocre to something less can happen to many a person. It's best to see that it does not happen to me, a job can always be lost, income cut and end up stuck in a rut, I know from past experience that is to be avoided at all cost. So setting myself up well enough to avoid that is what I need to do.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #138 on: May 28, 2024, 06:00:16 PM »
"I have to work with what I've got and move in baby steps one step at a time"

WE ALL have to work with what we've got...
but what do you REALLY have?
imagination - NO
ambition - NO
a plan for success - NO
balls - NO

you got nothin to lose...nothin to give up
for being Bald and Bankrupt in Ukraine and savin poor ole grannies from the evil Mongol horde
it's got yur name written all over it, but I guess there must be some other Trench out there, who got his "act together" and you must be the one who didn't...

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #139 on: May 29, 2024, 02:40:29 AM »
"I have to work with what I've got and move in baby steps one step at a time"

WE ALL have to work with what we've got...
but what do you REALLY have?
imagination - NO
ambition - NO
a plan for success - NO
balls - NO

you got nothin to lose...nothin to give up
for being Bald and Bankrupt in Ukraine and savin poor ole grannies from the evil Mongol horde
it's got yur name written all over it, but I guess there must be some other Trench out there, who got his "act together" and you must be the one who didn't...

You mean like this:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cornwall-67945603

They were rescuing old grannies etc when it is believed they chanced it one too far and got deeper & deeper into risky areas to try and rescue old grannies. It's believed they got hit by an Artillery shell. Of course you don't have to get into as risky area as they did in the end to get hit by an Artillery shell or similar, a bit of random chance there.

The younger of the Tek had been posting on You Tube, last video before they died was of their vehicle getting stuck in the mud and then having to get it out, did not look fun. I assume the young guy might have possibly been seeing if he could get something going like you suggest Krim.

The thing is fame on You Tube is somewhat random from what I can tell. There are guys that do travel vlogs like Bald & Bankrupt probably hoping to strike it big like he did but get nowhere. They are doing much the same as he does, get a few thousand views perhaps and that's it. On You Tube every 1000 views you earn around the equivalent of £1. So you need many of hundreds of thousands of views or you really might be going bankrupt lol.

Probably by the time Bald & Bankrupt entered the scene around 2018 there were probably people around doing stuff a bit like he was doing but again the ball never really picked up momentum for them. Travel vlogs had been around a while before then. Possibly had I filmed my experiences out in the FSU it might have garnered some views. I had little idea that I would get some oddball stuff happening out there when I started this venture.

Bald & Bankrupt is good at presenting even if the stuck he does isn't all that wacky. He seems able to get something that would usually be boring and make it more interesting in a conversational way. For sure he goes off the beaten track a little. I think though he won through by being decent at presenting along with having a catchy handle. That's important as the Bald & Bankrupt draws intrigue. You need to hit the mark right in order to pull it off and rake in big money as he has done on You Tube. Like I say I've seen others attempt it and flop by comparison. A lot of people can try the sand or similar, cover stuff like he does, present ok enough, put in a little of effort and flop.

I'm not saying the general concept of You Tubing out in Ukraine or where is a bad idea but it's hit & miss and probably many miss. Odds are Bald & Bankrupt probably didn't think he would hit the big time. He probably thought to do it as something different to do, has a few hundred pounds and thought go out there and see how it goes. Turned out he was a good enough natural presenter with a catchy handle and he caught on, a bit of luck might have played in his direction also.

So some stuff has been done by the likes of Bald & Bankrupt and others. While I wouldn't ruled out that someone could do similar and hit it big odd are a different approach would be helpful in such a venture. People aren't necessarily looking for another version of the same thing. The saving grannies idea well it might work for me better than it did for the two above or it might not garner much attention. Sometimes people can put a lot of effort in and put themselves way out there even to the point of putting their lives in the line and still not win through. Some people do all sorts of silly things to try and get big on Social Media in the hood of big money. They risk their lives hanging off buildings, many falling to their deaths, etc. There was one rather immature British student who went out to Afghanistan for a holiday while the Taliban were closing in pretending he was unaware of the danger just to try and hit it big in social media. So many people are up to all sorts of games these days to try to tap into that one.

If anything what Bald & Bankrupt shows us is that you needn't go to extremes to try to crack it, you needn't be a show off, put your life in the line in war zones, etc. That if you can make a boring topic interesting enough then you can captivate audiences and have a good source of income without any of that. However, most can't which is why they resort to risking their arse and even then there are no guarantees.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #140 on: May 29, 2024, 04:46:50 AM »
don't forget THE CAT!!!
ya gotta have a freakin cat
and the CAT has to be KIA....that's 2 million youtube views right there!
DEWD!!!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #141 on: May 29, 2024, 11:23:32 AM »
don't forget THE CAT!!!
ya gotta have a freakin cat
and the CAT has to be KIA....that's 2 million youtube views right there!
DEWD!!!

Lol, yeah those sort of stunts are essential to get on well on the Tube  :ROFL:

Sort of thing where it's just crawling along on viewers then there is a sudden staggering rise in viewers lol.

Not sure I can bring myself to be a cat killer though, just think of I was rumbled. It wouldn't be safe for me to go out, in or out of Ukraine.

I personally think our Beefarmer has the perfect gimmick. Just think of if he went around Ukraine wearing his Beesuit! No one would know who is under the Beesuit, every one be guessing??? Who is that? Who is it inside that Beesuit?

Now that would really get tongues wagging and the mystery would build and build, and build! The man would become famous across the whole of Ukraine. Our Beefarmuh could become a National Icon!!! Statues may be built in his honour, a great big statue of a Beefarmer :D

Great fortune could be his if he chooses to take that route I am sure of it.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 11:25:16 AM by Trenchcoat »

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #142 on: May 29, 2024, 01:45:09 PM »
Bee Farmer in a Bee Costume....
Trench in a Trench
Krimster in Krim
Contents of "The Journal of Improbable Events"

A Smooth Criminal

Know what you can get away with and what you can't get away with
and don't do stuff you can't get away with...

OTOH, a 'contrarian' view
might be, "to GAIN ALL, you must RISK ALL"
nothing ever risked also means nothing ever gained

in moments like that...
I would search for inspiration
until IT found me

there comes a time when ya wanna look back at all that you've done
and you wanna say "fook all" and just walk over that line
and go do the exact freakin' opposite...

what an exhilarating feeling that is
but you don't strike me as a "thrill seeker" Trench
which is EXACTLY WHY you should consider becoming one, before yur too freakin old

like I'm tryin to show ya
this IS yur ONLY SHOT AT REDEMPTION....

are you gonna turn away from bein the BEST POSSIBLE version of you
and be a LESSER version...
cuz of yur mom's homemade Welsh Pudding (which ain't even actual pudding) and Sainsbury's frozen Meat Pies that you buy on Saturday???

Post Script

Yes, even though in the end, the cat's gotta die, I understand that you being an Englishman and all, and the well known fact that those "of your race" suffer from an overly sentimental view of animals
while I OTOH, am someone who offers massive numbers of animal sacrifices to each and every god in the Pantheon
as well as being a sociopath

and that's why I admire the Ukrainian villager's pragmatism towards animals
animals are food
and I like to watch their eyes when they die...

you anglais are a buncha Beatrix Potter wanna-bes with yur cute little wabbits
none of ya have ever butchered anything
or ever had yur arms stuck deep into an animals guts

so what I advise ya to do is to "contract out" the cat's murder to some local 'hooligan' for like 100 Euros (better to have older non-internet alchoholic type)
A big Rock on the back of his head, leave the cat's body near a fresh Russian shell crater...

he tells ya the location, and after a Russian shelling you go find him...
then turn on the camera...
the rest is you "acting"

Trench you were freakin BORN for this role, don't you freaskin SEE IT!!!

Trench, I swear to gawd, if you do this, I will write scripts for you for FREE!!!!!!!
I WILL MAKE YOU A SUPER STAR!!!!!!
A SUPER STAR!!!

start learnin to play an instrument, take lessons, either guitar or harmonica.....

I see you and the cat by the camp fire, you playing the harmonica, with flashes of artillery in the night....

but you gonna have to change yur moniker, Trench has no "sex appeal"
nothin fer the ladies

how 'bout "Rodger"?
that has a certain 'panache' doncha think?

Sample Script
The Ministry of Silly Walks - A Movie about a village where every single person is a paraplegic
and all the actors are actual war paraplegics
and no explanation is given, everything is "normal"
until one day, a man with two legs comes to town, and everybody FREAKS THE HELL OUT!!!!

Trench, you could actually make this movie in Ukraine for like 100k
it'd be EASY to recruit the actors
and raise money for this film
especially if you have good youtube ratings

you want a "channel", I'd suggest a DAILY ONE
Kharkhiv would be a good spot right now

if I were you, I'd look into ANYBODY doing fund raising right now for Ukrainian projects

here's whatcha wanna do...
figure out Meest's shipping shed-ule to Ukraine, what cities are "close to the front" like Kharkhiv...
rent yurself some place there
then ship a freakin TON of knitting supplies from the UK to yur kharkhiv address
and get yurself an army of old ukrainian grannies knitting "VICTORY SOCKS" to be sold on Ebay
easy couple hundred thousand dollars per month

you could be a 'Brand"
but no...
you haz welsh pudding addiction syndrome
but it's pronounced "WUS"

« Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 02:46:13 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #143 on: May 29, 2024, 05:11:11 PM »
There are some great ideas there Krim.

For me though as things are at the moment I've got a relationship going on here that I'm happy with. So going on a wacky adventure abroad would just mess things up. Potentially I've got something good enough going here. Fir me is not the time to throw everything up in the air. I should be able to potentially get something interesting enough for me going on here soon.

Ukraine I could either go and end up coming up smelling of roses or I could go and suffer a life changing injury. A life changing injury could mess my life up for good. I prefer not to take the gamble, I don't need to, I can find better paths around potentially. If I were single again I might venture into the less dangerous parts of Ukraine and hope for the best who knows. What you suggest is better for someone who is single or at least not in a steady relationship, Beefarmer would be a good choice, but he doesn't seem like the sort of guy capable at all of what you suggest.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #144 on: May 29, 2024, 08:38:25 PM »
always remain vigilent and guard against potentilal injury to yur scrotum
especially from anti-personnel mines
very disheartening to lay in ER while the surgeon holds what looks like two big oysters in his hands
though with a little Tobasco, they're not TOO bad, and heck, ya KNOW they're FRESH!!!

it would be ENORMOUSLY TRAGIC to deprive the human race of yur potential off-spring Trench, YES! WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING!!!!
taking such a HGE risk to the future of the HUMAN RACE....
hand on furrowed brow...
swear to ya, it's EXACTLY what I'm thinkin'
I feel like such an idiot
and I just wanna shrivel up and crawl into a little hole
in the ground...

that's REALLY how bad I FEEL about it!!!

yur right Trench...
Sainsbury on Saturday is it????
do they have big long florrescent lights?
and a buncha weird "old ladies" ramblin around the store at the beginning of the month
aye mate...

if ya haven't ever checked out Ju-Jitsu, you totally SHOULD
only legal way for you to defend yurself in a lot of places
from Manchester to Mauriopol

TODO: skills for you to learn
1. leanr to play an instrument
2. learn to be a Ju-Jitsu master and pretty much ALWAYS dominate a physical confrontation without all the 'city police' hassle
3. learn to setup a livestream video feed on youtube and start submitting controversial content

so...
pretty much ya gotta throw in some nekkid chicks every now and then, Kazantip kindaa stuff is what I'm talkin about, that's also only in July/August

If you lived in a different time and place, you'd be watching the Lawrence Welk Show and Matlock
didn't Keats come from your area?
why can't ya be like him
a video lyracist

you could do yur first show all about "The Zone" The Chernobil Exclusion Zone
and the whole "Zone Freak" religious Cultures that exist out there
which gets weirder and weirder

you could pay for your trip there just by buying as many stamps and postcards that ya can from the malenky magazine there
The Chernobil Exclusion Zone Mini-Mart
stamps from there are worth a small fortune

memorize EVERYTHING
then go on your own
best to in July/August

since yur a mild manered Englishman, I wouldm't suggest ya ACTUALLY do it, just do a day trip into the Chernobil Exclusion Zone with a good meter
and leave before dark when it all "changes" and the freaks "come out"

instead of dealing with things that :go bump in the night" in Chernobil
ya could br plotting the murder of yur feline co-star
who unbeknownst to you, is also plotting your murder
and it's a question of who will murder who first...
man...or...cat....
la belle et la bette

and unfortunately for you monsier, the cat and I have become "close friends'
very 'symaptico' with one another....

« Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 09:05:31 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Daveman

« Reply #145 on: June 02, 2024, 03:15:19 AM »
always remain vigilent and guard against potentilal injury to yur scrotum
especially from anti-personnel mines
very disheartening to lay in ER while the surgeon holds what looks like two big oysters in his hands
though with a little Tobasco, they're not TOO bad, and heck, ya KNOW they're FRESH!!!

Yes indeed... always have Scrotal Shields Activated!
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541782
Total Topics: 20876
Most Online Today: 1663
Most Online Ever: 12701