It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: BridesandLovers.com is a scam site  (Read 20879 times)

Offline Eximio

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
BridesandLovers.com is a scam site
« on: December 26, 2015, 10:58:34 AM »
The way I test a dating site is to observe it for a while before using it.  I do this by posting a profile with very little information and no photo.  Then sitting back and watching how many girls "like" me and even send me e-mails.

I did this with Bridesandlovers.com.  Hey, how dumb to you think we are?  I get 3 or 4 e-mails per day from women.  Supposedly, they became interested in me with no information and no photo to go on?  Come on.  That's a joke. 

To all of you that operate dating web sites - you have it all backwards.  If I got no e-mails before PAYING YOU, because my profile has no photo, I believe you are legit.  If I get lots of supposed interest, which you promptly e-mail me several times every day, I know you are NOT legit.

You know, guys, there is no replacement for just getting off your butt and going to the country where you want to meet women.  Takes a lot more effort, you have to be brave, but it is much more likely to be successful than wasting time, money, and energy on one of these ridiculous dating sites.

Offline Nightwish

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: BridesandLovers.com is a scam site
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 12:02:04 PM »
is not that site like cuteonly and a few more, where women send a introductionletter to a selected span of men, like they select an age-span and emails everyone regardless if you have info or not... I think so, not sure though
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline GatoMoon

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 01:18:56 PM »
The way I test a dating site is to observe it for a while before using it.  I do this by posting a profile with very little information and no photo.  Then sitting back and watching how many girls "like" me and even send me e-mails.

I did this with Bridesandlovers.com.  Hey, how dumb to you think we are?  I get 3 or 4 e-mails per day from women.  Supposedly, they became interested in me with no information and no photo to go on?  Come on.  That's a joke. 

To all of you that operate dating web sites - you have it all backwards.  If I got no e-mails before PAYING YOU, because my profile has no photo, I believe you are legit.  If I get lots of supposed interest, which you promptly e-mail me several times every day, I know you are NOT legit.

You know, guys, there is no replacement for just getting off your butt and going to the country where you want to meet women.  Takes a lot more effort, you have to be brave, but it is much more likely to be successful than wasting time, money, and energy on one of these ridiculous dating sites.

I did similar experiment as you, but with other site.  No photos not even a word description of me - just username and password.  Within 1 week, I get 110 unopened mails waiting for me to pay $10 per mail !!!!  WTF

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 01:39:31 PM »
I did similar experiment as you, but with other site.  No photos not even a word description of me - just username and password.  Within 1 week, I get 110 unopened mails waiting for me to pay $10 per mail !!!!  WTF

yes but there is a difference, PPL sites makes money per letter, this site don't, its a monthly membership, Like Elenas, Cuteonly, luckylovers etc. Don't try and compare the two different business methods.

Offline jone

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 03:13:16 PM »
I am not a woman, so therefore do not have access to the dating sites from a woman's point of entry.  However, I am curious to know if on the subscription sites, can a woman do a broadcast email message to all of the men that fit a certain criteria?   

For instance:  Send a letter to all of the men who are between 35 and 42 and live in Europe?

Does anyone know the answer to this?  It may assist us in knowing how women strategize use of a Subscription Site.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 03:38:04 PM »
I am not a woman, so therefore do not have access to the dating sites from a woman's point of entry.  However, I am curious to know if on the subscription sites, can a woman do a broadcast email message to all of the men that fit a certain criteria?   

For instance:  Send a letter to all of the men who are between 35 and 42 and live in Europe?

Does anyone know the answer to this?  It may assist us in knowing how women strategize use of a Subscription Site.

yes.. on cuteonly I know they can, I read that in the blog I think, or maybe here(?) from someone working there.. they write one letter and send to all men fitting a certain criteria. So called introduction letter and its marked with a intro mark for the men.

and I think there are a few more like that, bridesandlovers I have somewhere in the back of my head, but not sure.

Offline alex330

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2015, 04:15:23 PM »

For many sites the women have an initial letter they send out initially to all men or men they are interested in. Kinda the same thing some on the forum advise when visiting many. The replies are then sorted and filtered.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2015, 04:34:01 PM »

Back in the olden days, I posted a photo of a man wearing a diaper. I wrote something like this

I am 55 years old and seek a young women 18-22 for marriage. I wear a diaper and
need help changing it. I have no teeth but I am an excellent kisser! You will need to
work immediately upon arriving because I don't make any money.

I received a zillion letters.

Pay by the letter sites are a scam
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2015, 10:42:08 PM »
This site has a popup window that pops up everytime you login . If you want, you select from the 25 that are presented, enter some text, and it is sent to all of them.  That is what you may be seeing, as some women just click on the button at the bottom and everyone in that list gets sent the same message.
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline onlyFSU4me

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2015, 12:02:28 AM »
Back in the olden days, I posted a photo of a man wearing a diaper. I wrote something like this

I am 55 years old and seek a young women 18-22 for marriage. I wear a diaper and
need help changing it. I have no teeth but I am an excellent kisser! You will need to
work immediately upon arriving because I don't make any money.

I received a zillion letters.

Pay by the letter sites are a scam

Were you traumatized during your potty training Bill?  ;D

Offline Sreiko

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2016, 12:27:17 AM »
I try to pay once monthly membership and something goes wrong with system.- my payment pass but this did not affect to membership. I contact support but person from UK, was definitely not of any help. And I did not go there anymore and still, years after, I receive many letters. Stay away.

Offline wolle2008

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2017, 04:25:51 AM »
I am quite frustrated about the nonsense I read in this thread.
Bridesandlovers is a medium, what does what it should, not more not less. For a very economic price they give men and women the chance to meet each other. Real people, the good ones and the bad ones.
The price is very economic. They make a clear and clean business. I have been on the site for several years. When I was contacted by an obvious scammer, this person was removed quickly by bridesandlovers personal.
The safety tips they give are ok. The payment is handled correctly, It is no abo.
You pay your fee, and you can communicate as much as yo want. It is no pay per letter site, which I would suggest to completely avoid. This business model makes finding love impossible.
That you get 110 letters on a pay per letter site is not a surprise. They get paid as soon as you open the letter. On Bridesandlovers nobody gets paid for writing to or with you. That you get anyway more attention than in your western homeland has other reasons, but (scammers are everywhere, of oourse) the interest is really higher there.
Over the time I met three women from bridesandlovers (also a handfull from a pay per letter site, but that is another story). One of them from Armenia would have probably been the best wife you can dream of in the churches sense, two where very sexual.  The third I married. If the choice I made was a good one is another story. Be aware of intercultural problems if you go this way. But this is not bridesandlovers responsibility. The site is technically not free from bugs, look and feel is more robust, but everything that is essential works.
In the end, when I married, after 7 years search and tons of sites I found, there where 2 sites I am optimistic about the job they do, bridesandlovers is my favourite, and they do not deserve their reputation being destroyed in such a thoughtless way, and other western men searching for love should not be mislead and go the wrong direction, and make more painfull experiences than necessary.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2017, 06:52:28 AM »
  The payment is handled correctly...
  I have been on the site for several years.

In the end, when I married, after 7 years search and tons of sites I found, there where 2 sites I am optimistic about the job they do, bridesandlovers is my favourite

Nice pitch :popcorn:
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline LAman

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2017, 09:19:19 AM »
Nice pitch :popcorn:

What is the pitch??? Members here can get complimentary membership in bridesandlovers.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2017, 09:39:59 AM »
  Members here can get complimentary membership in bridesandlovers.

Eximio apparently didn't know that or the other posters I guess.

I didn't but then I was engaged before I ever found the old site [Planet Love].
I didn't see it listed in the RWD directory...

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/links/directory/18.html?sr=0&pp=25&cp=1
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline LAman

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2017, 10:38:08 AM »
Eximio apparently didn't know that or the other posters I guess.

I didn't but then I was engaged before I ever found the old site [Planet Love].
I didn't see it listed in the RWD directory...

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/links/directory/18.html?sr=0&pp=25&cp=1

Just answering your 'nice pitch' !!!

And doubting the veracity of this site being a scam site
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 10:41:48 AM by LAman »
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline BillyB

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2017, 10:47:18 AM »
Bridesandlovers is a medium, what does what it should, not more not less. For a very economic price they give men and women the chance to meet each other. Real people, the good ones and the bad ones.

You pay your fee, and you can communicate as much as yo want. It is no pay per letter site, which I would suggest to completely avoid. This business model makes finding love impossible.

If the OP was getting 3-4 letters a day and his profile had no photo, I'd avoid this site. Like you said, pay per letter sites should be avoided but people should still use caution when paying monthly fees to companies that allow unlimited contact. This site and Elena's models seem to use that system. They also use feeder agencies to get women to post profiles at the larger agency. How do these feeder agencies get paid from a mother company that charges monthly fees from customers? Do you think those feeder agencies would get paid if their girls didn't perform? If their girls didn't perform, the feeder agencies would have their contract teminated. So if an ugly guy or guy with no photo is getting lots of attention from girls when those girls have much better options to write to, he should switch companies. Most girls don't throw out the first letter anyway.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2017, 11:15:58 AM »
OK.. all right
I just now tried to view that B&L site.
Says... it's free to join [for anyone]
Whoopie-shit!
There is just a Join Us page.
You have to join to see anything else about the site.
At least at cute-only or our other sponsored sites you get to see some profiles and pictures of babes :P

Offline wolle2008

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2017, 12:52:44 PM »
Hmm... BillyB...
Assumptions and prejudices that do not hold true.
Forget the importance of fotos. Two out of three of the women I met from Bridesandlovers, including my wife, did not have a foto in their profile, still we are married. We met within a day after I answered in a videoconference in skype, and two days later in South Germany where she was for a seminar. . She was beautiful, and well educated, 17 years younger than me, and a miracle in self-marketing and we spent a month in my home and we married in Moscow not a long time later. 

In Online Dating many many many Girls throw out the first letter. All three women that I met from this site were not any kind of animators who tried to make money from the meeting. They all threw out the first letter. I am sure, all three could be my wife now.  The one that was too shy to have a picture in her profile, and after a year of writing still was too shy to include some more intimate subjects in our conversation, threw out the first letter, very shy, argued only because she wanted to train her German, was with me in a very hard time for me... and she encouraged the first kiss, when we passed in Paris the famous Bridge with the lovers locks... with her mother sitting next to us. And these armenian women are really really shy and leaned back compared to the Russian/Ukrainian I met.
In other words, on the Pay per letter site marmeladies, where I won a nice Bowling afternoon with a 22 year old Kiew Model, are all written by animators, I feel like 100%.
 For 10$ per hour for the translator plus an average cost lunch I spent a nice afternoon with two beautiful young ladies, because the translator was just as beautiful as the model. I did this because I was curious, not because I hoped for more.
There was not one letter on Bridesandlovers, and I feel the same on Russian cupid, that was written by an animator. And, on Bridesandlovers I pay 10 Eur per month, because I know that finding someone takes time and I book for a year. I would be very surprised it they could hire an armee of animators for that money. Still, everywhere you have to be aware of individual scammers, who try to make money this or that way.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 01:01:28 PM by wolle2008 »

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2017, 02:35:32 PM »
I didn't but then I was engaged before I ever found the old site [Planet Love].I didn't see it listed in the RWD directory...
That directory is VERY old, and nobody bothered to update it for a LONG time ;).
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline BillyB

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2017, 09:15:54 PM »
Hmm... BillyB...
Assumptions and prejudices that do not hold true.

So you got the truth? Everybody who disagrees is making assumptions and have prejudices?

Keep living in the fantasy world. I even warn guys on Western sites that even when they sign up for free, they will get letters from women who are working them so they start up a paying membership. Honest sites tend to go out of business because real women with real lives rarely have time to initiate contact with thousands of men including those with no photos or description of themselves. Ashley Madison is a recent Western site that got busted for having thousands of fake women's profiles and fake communication. Don't think those sites that deal with the FSU are all innocent.

http://gizmodo.com/almost-none-of-the-women-in-the-ashley-madison-database-1725558944
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline wolle2008

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2017, 04:41:47 AM »
So you got the truth? Everybody who disagrees is making assumptions and have prejudices?

Keep living in the fantasy world. I even warn guys on Western sites that even when they sign up for free, they will get letters from women who are working them so they start up a paying membership. Honest sites tend to go out of business because real women with real lives rarely have time to initiate contact with thousands of men including those with no photos or description of themselves.

Definitely it is not me living in a fantasy world. I do not say there is not a lot of scamming in FSU, and there is just as much (or better a lot of) on western sites. I have no statistical overview to understand where is more. I tried some local online dating too and gave up very quickly.  I only talk about personal extensive experiences, I do not talk about all sites, I only talk about 2 sites or here B&L especially. I do not say there is no scamming. Just, B&L is technically more poor, and has a price, that seems to me realistic and without big money for animators. (they updated lately and I am not only happy with all the changes). No Photoshopped profiles, no long seducing letters that a hard working woman would not write. What an argument is that, if the women do not have the time to write to men they are interested, why should I have. You think I won my money in a lottery?
All letters thrown out at B&L are One Liners, or "one Click Letters", or maybe sometimes a paragraph, just implying I like your profile, look at mine, or let us talk. I have been in touch with all kind of scams and real women, and what I can say is, that B&L is like an Oasis in deserts of scam. And I defend this Oasis that saved my chance on romance in life. If the first impression is fine, you can continue by mail or skype.
Your arguments are like the rules of my yahoo spam filter, that is good for nothing. It even filters out definitely personal letters from persons I am in contact with, or the letters from an international, official database discussion group that probably has 100000's of professionell programmers as readers. This is not helpful.
In my 7 years of search I sharpened my detection of scams and scammers a lot. And on 2 sites, B&L and Russian cupid I found no clue for scams by the site owners. And on both sites women throw out first letters. Better get active yourself, but that is no argument against the site. Of course there are many sites I can only make guesses and assumptions. Not so B&L and Russian Cupid. After years of using them, I am sure, on both you loose neither money nor time to site paid animators, but be aware of personal scammers of course.
Neither Dating nor online dating are safe things with a guarantee for anything, but B&L and Russian Cupid are the safest places I found for all three things, money, time and above all chance for real romance, with all pros and cons.

Offline steveboy

• Commercial Member Restricted
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2017, 11:33:57 AM »
I have not been to this forum for a long time, unfortunately its full of arm chair Russian Brides hunters...

What stupid people there are especially here!! Bridesandlovers.com has always been free for members of any forums in my effort to help out lonely souls..

As of today it no longer is. (Unless of course you already have free complimentary membership, in which case your membership will continue indefinitely)  8)

As for any negative comments about the site, to be honest I really do not care what a bunch of Arm chair Russian bride hunters think and I really do not give a fig what you have to say about the site.

The site has just been recently updated with the latest tech, there are more REAL women joining the site each week than probably any others on the net.. on top of that the site has a zero scammer policy unlike other sites which say they have this but its all ****

Sign up to the site or not I really do not care or need any business from this forum..

Good bye!

:deadhorse:

Offline msmob

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2017, 12:12:57 PM »
I never made the connection with B&L being Britain's worst advert for spelling / grammar - but for all his many faults - esp. re his view on Ukrainian women - I actually believe SB re his policy on what he clearly sees as a scammer being swiftly removed. .

SB, there are probably more cross cultural members in long-term relationships on here...

Thought you's be interested - lest there might still be anyone left you haven't annoyed ..with your sales skills

Offline steveboy

• Commercial Member Restricted
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2017, 12:26:10 PM »
I never made the connection with B&L being Britain's worst advert for spelling / grammar - but for all his many faults - esp. re his view on Ukrainian women - I actually believe SB re his policy on what he clearly sees as a scammer being swiftly removed. .

SB, there are probably more cross cultural members in long-term relationships on here...

Thought you's be interested - lest there might still be anyone left you haven't annoyed ..with your sales skills

You have NO idea whatsoever about my sales skills..trust me on that 100%..

As for annoying people ? You really think I care about annoying a few fools.. :deadhorse:

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541375
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 1400
Most Online Ever: 12701