It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Occupation of your Russian wives  (Read 26052 times)

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Occupation of your Russian wives
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2005, 06:58:45 PM »
I'm beginning to feel pity for you. Referring to the members of this list as a pack of pigs certainly reveals much about your attitude.
If you bother to ask your perfect russian wives about that well known Russian SAYING then you would be able to understand what I meant instead of making your conclusions basing on one word "pig" you got with the help of translator-prorgamm.

To focus on splinter-group mentality and isolated cases, while condemning the lot of us - just what made you so cynical in life?

Why are your so sure that it is MY cases which are isolated but not yours ones? The LOT of you is not more than 20 happy ends (with 10s times more russian women you left behind you, not bothering too much yourselves to think about their feelings and fates)

And what about me and my condemning you?? What makes me sooo cynical in your eyes?

Is that my non-acceptance of marriage with big difference in ages? Let show me WHERE I said something cynical or offened PERSONAL somebody of you at this board?

And what? Is my viewpiont at that problem is such out of what MAJORITY people all round the world have? In what country doesn't the couples with big difference in ages get let say "rather cool welcome"? All statistic says your cases are an  EXCEPTIONS! 80% of such couples face divorces after 2 years of marriage (Pricely the period for getting green cards)

What else examples of my cynicism?? Method of Ilona Davydova?? Somebody here said he had a wife who was English language teacher in her past. Let go and ask her what society of foriegn language teachers think about that method. My viewpoint is called "sceptical" but not cyical in that case.

Something elese? Ah Yeah ! Politic views! Yes I'm cynical with that! What made me such persone? - Obviously it was Russian politic inside our country and American policy outside the USA. Can't speak more at this subject because admin of this board rebuked me for I spread my viewpoints in section called  Culture and POLITIC events said THAT was NOT a place for such talks.

The last my cynical "burst" started with statement Russian women had practically no chances to get their baby born in the USA if they faced devources until they gt green card. And some americans childless couples use that  character of american inmigration law for thier own benifits. Instead of clarify that law (like Bruno asked) you turn this subject into offence me at personal level (like btw you do that in majority cases). And never mind I tried to prove  what I said ( I doubt you managed to translate all acticle but not only that proverb)

So I'm waiting for your others examples of my CYNISM!

As well as for enlighting such conception like splinter-group mentality  (with my own quotation but not with yours thoughts about what you think I think)

PS
Get your facts straight before you unleash your attack dog

So comparation with dogs is more acceptable in referring to the members of this list, isn't? 

« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 08:33:00 PM by Elen »

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2005, 08:50:43 PM »
Elen,

Don't let your feathers get ruffled.  It's mostly contempt prior to investigation and some communication/translation difficulties.  Many may forget that you 'see' more than the small sliver of manhood hanging around here.

Jeez guys if Elen is 'pushing your buttons' with such success look out when a RW crosses your threshold..

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2005, 09:00:50 PM »
Jeez guys if Elen is 'pushing your buttons' with such success look out when a RW crosses your threshold..

Yeah! I try to prepare them to reality they would probaly face after their wifes get green card and stop "to look in husband's mouth" and what a gratitude I get:(

:D:D

Offline TigerPaws

• 16 years together & still very much in love
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2005, 05:26:33 AM »
Elen,

I am sorry if I missed a post about you somewhere but if you do not mind answering a few questions, where do you live now? Are you married? How old are you? Are yo working? What is your education? Have you done much foreign travel? Just a few quick questions, I am sure other might have more if you are so inclined to answer them?

Of course if you choose not to answer I understand.

Offline Kvinna

• Alt Forum
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2005, 05:57:24 AM »
Quote from: TigerPaws
Elen,

I am sorry if I missed a post about you somewhere but if you do not mind answering a few questions, where do you live now? Are you married? How old are you? Are yo working? What is your education? Have you done much foreign travel? Just a few quick questions, I am sure other might have more if you are so inclined to answer them?

Of course if you choose not to answer I understand.

Oh yeah, also I would want to know: where is the key?
When they came for the trade unionists, I did not speak out; I was not a trade unionist. When they came for the Jews, I didn’t speak up, because I wasn't a Jew. When they came for me, there was no one left to speak out.

Offline Bruno

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2005, 06:10:13 AM »

[line]
where do you live now? Are you married? How old are you? Are yo working? What is your education? Have you done much foreign travel?
[line]

Tigers... if you read the profil of Helen, you can reply yourself to 2 question ( where she live and how old she is )...

I have already say in a other post that she is married with a russian man...

And for the rest, i know some reply but Elen is free to reply herself...

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2005, 06:26:50 AM »
Yes [user=17]TigerPaws[/user] you missed the post where I answered that what I wanted you to know about me I have posted in my profile. I in principle don't post personal information because I've been taught already people started to dig for reasons of my answeres in my past  instead of discussing the isue. (some times that followed to wrong conclusions, some times to insults)

I just think your argumets in discussion should not depend on "my husband" should they? :D Just trust me with a word : my family life-my edication-my job(both of them)-my ages-my good looking- my master degree- my traveling aboard have nothing to do with such "screwed" mind I have in your eyes. You would find nothing in my past and present which would explain such "phenomen" as my "cynism":P (exept may be the fact that I'm from Russia and more over from Moscow wich has the highest persent of cynics per 1 sq metre)

So let's better just find out what to say back to me in "issue frames"

« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 06:29:00 AM by Elen »

Offline stanb4

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2005, 11:24:03 AM »
You have to admit that you did start this discussion and most of us gave very honest answers, all you said is that you have 2 jobs. So why hold back with 1/2 answers when we give you whole answers?

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2005, 07:39:57 PM »
Because I don't answer on "personal" question to males who already managed to insult me personaly. Those who I trust here already do know all answeres and even more. The end of discussion.

So why hold back with 1/2 answers when we give you whole answers?

Re-read what was discussion about. I gave out the answer on question I asked you. I you prefer to write something else then i's the business of yours, you do that by your own will.

PS you own question was
How about you Elen, do you work or did you marry a rich guy?
I think I answered that - i have two jobs - one in private sector and one in governmet

« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 08:31:00 PM by Elen »

Offline stanb4

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2005, 10:27:02 PM »
Ahh I see that you live on a one way street.

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2005, 10:29:54 PM »
And WHERE did you SEE that?

Offline ConnerVT

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2005, 03:39:34 AM »
Does anyone else see the humor of stanb looking for complete and direct honest answers from a RW?  :P ;)

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2005, 03:51:59 AM »
:D:P

Offline stanb4

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2005, 12:19:39 PM »
Yes my wife does, she was LHAO...:D

Offline Rvrwind

• Commercial Member
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2005, 04:02:58 PM »
Did anybody notice that thread went so off topic that now I see very little reason to post to the original topic? Which I was going to do until I read 20 posts of meaningless crap that had nothing to do with the threadstarter.

Contrary to some opinions, a little moderation is needed, just for cases like this.

Sorry if that offends anybody, but I calls 'em as I sees 'em!

RVR

Canadian Cowboy
Tver Angels Local and International Introductions
Classy Ladies for Discerning Gentlemen

RVR-Canadian Cowboy
Dyin' is easy, it's livin' thats hard!!!

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2005, 05:02:58 PM »
Quote from: Rvrwind
Did anybody notice that thread went so off topic that now I see very little reason to post to the original topic? Which I was going to do until I read 20 posts of meaningless crap that had nothing to do with the threadstarter.

Contrary to some opinions, a little moderation is needed, just for cases like this.

RVR

Canadian Cowboy

RVR,

Not offended at all. It is entirely possible for the members of the board themselves to guide a thread back on topic.

Alternatively, if the thread drift is so great that it doesn't make sense to post to it, you can always start a new one.

I agree that it would be nice to be able to do a bit more moderation, but I guess this is the classic compromise. I make nothing from this board, so I must spend most of my time earning a living (or, when I am NOT earning a living, I am working towards getting new customers so I can earn a living) - which takes me away from the board. If I made money from the board, then perhaps I could spend more time moderating. As it is, the board is not commercial and has no paid advertising, per se - hence, the 'business model' is one that just doesn't support additional moderation beyond what I am able to offer myself.

Does this help to explain the situation?

- Dan

Offline Bruno

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2005, 08:55:54 PM »

RVR

Canadian Cowboy

Yes, sometime we are off topic... but i see nothing wrong with this... it is usual in normal discussion... you know this in the life of each day...

Example... you stop a woman in the street for ask her "what time is it ?" and you continue by speaking over "how hot is today"... after drink some glass together in pub , you ask "Do you want listen my new music CD at home"... and the day after you ask her "when i see you again"... :shock::D:shock:

In these example, the topic was "the time"... and this have lead to "love"... all discussion make some evolution and several time don't stay on the subject...

Offline Rvrwind

• Commercial Member
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2005, 01:54:28 AM »
No problem Dan, I understand your posiition completly as I am in the same boat.

I don't particularly like moderators that go overboard & exceed their mandate at times myself. That being said however there should be amougst the board members themselves a certain amount of decorum & respect for other members in their quest for answers on a particular topic.

Hijacking a thread that was asking a legitimate question & a good question I might add, to start a give & take between 2 or 3 members dilutes the whole thead to meaningless diatribe.

Bruno-you I don't undestand at all. An everyday conversation is totally different than this message board. People come here to learn about the in's & out's of dating & marrying & living with Russian Women, hence the name RWD. Or is it because you are one of the biggest offenders that you feel the need to defend yourself? If you want to discuss eveything under the sun but RW there is probably a board for that somewhere on the net & I'm sure you would be right at home there.

I'm here to learn from those with more experience than me & to teach those with less expereince than me. That becomes a difficult task when one has to read a whole wack of meaningless junk before he finally finds the answer to his original quetsion.

I appologize to the theadstarter for remaining off topic!

RVR

Canadian Cowboy

Tver Angels Local and International Introductions
Classy Ladies for Discerning Gentlemen

RVR-Canadian Cowboy
Dyin' is easy, it's livin' thats hard!!!

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2005, 02:32:41 AM »
An 'off topic' emoticon/icon thingie might help.. The threadstarter could then tap us on the shoulder if he thinks things are getting too off track.

Occupations?.. Housewife, Mother and driving me nuts!

I love it.. :D

Offline Bruno

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2005, 04:06:08 AM »
Bruno-you I don't undestand at all. An everyday conversation is totally different than this message board. People come here to learn about the in's & out's of dating & marrying & living with Russian Women, hence the name RWD. Or is it because you are one of the biggest offenders that you feel the need to defend yourself? If you want to discuss eveything under the sun but RW there is probably a board for that somewhere on the net & I'm sure you would be right at home there.

Canada man... i have not defend myself... and if you have good read these topic, you have can see that it was Elen ( the starter of topic ) who have change his own original way...

And usually, i reply to previous post in a topic... sorry, if someone post something where i have a other meaning, i think that it is my right to reply on it...

I agree that my example was a extreme but a discussion is a living process... we know where we start and don't know where it lead...

If you wish only simple question and reply, don't use a forum... you are at the bad place, use more the FAQ site...

Don't worry about other forum... i think that i have already find one other where i am welcome...

Elen, for you topic : first wife,  no occupation... for the second wife, i post back next year :D

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2005, 04:40:47 AM »
you have can see that it was Elen ( the starter of topic ) who have change his own original way...
[/size]

:shock::shock::shock::shock:

WHAT A FINE EXAMPLE OF MALE"S PERFIDY :X:X:X

[user=29]stanb4[/user]

How about you Elen, do you work or did you marry a rich guy?
[user=29]

Elen

I have two jobs - one on permanent (official)  basis  with a work schedule 2 12 hours work days - 2 days off, taxes and permanent salary  And the second one - in private sector (without taxes and all others permanent things)

Bruno

Now, i understand why russian gouverment have problem for keep the pension system, the free school, the free medical help, ... without tax, so system cannot work...

[/user]And so far :X:X:X[/size]

Offline Bruno

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2005, 07:59:18 AM »
Males perfidy ??? It is not yourself who have complain about the change in russia with pension, free education, ... and you just reply about job where you don't pay tax !!! ... i have just reply to one part of your own post...

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2005, 08:17:22 AM »
FINE !!

One guy asked me about MY jobs (though the theme of topic was ocupation of AMERICAN's wifes):X and other one started the topic about taxes. But it's ME  who 's blamed now for off-topic:X

Perfect males' logic
« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 08:25:00 AM by Elen »

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2005, 08:22:43 AM »
just reply about job where you don't pay tax !!!

You see my dear taxes we paid have liitle to do with our pensions and free edication but mostly with cotages with $$millions prices around Moscow:X. That's the reality and all you know about taxes is a pure theory

And STOP your provocations with off-topic because it would be me who'd get once more "your posts are all nonsence":D
« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 08:24:00 AM by Elen »

Offline Bruno

« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2005, 08:26:59 AM »
YOU WIN... i have several year of experience that fight againt russian woman is a loosing of time :?:( ... they are more strong of me ;)...

And i don't blame you... like i have write, you was the starter of the topic... and i think that you have the right to lead where you wish your own topic...

And only now, i see that my first reply, about the work of my previous wife and my future was again off topic... the topic was only for AMERICAN's wife... sorry elena :cool:

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541644
Total Topics: 20870
Most Online Today: 1887
Most Online Ever: 12701