It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Can you help me please:)  (Read 10445 times)

Offline IAmZon

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Can you help me please:)
« on: July 07, 2007, 12:41:29 PM »
I think it is important to have good communication.  I would make an exception only the case of EXTREME attraction:)

So she write ...
Привет дорогой Тим ! Я ценю что вы мне пишете на русском языке, вы просто совершенство. Я думаю я вас искала все это время, Извините меня за долгое молчание и мало писем , я не верю в вертуальные отношения. Что вы думаете по этому? Но одно знаю у меня сейчас такое состояние души, сделав мне предложения , я Вам сказала бы ДА. Я очень хочу, точнее стать женой и матерью. В этом жестоком мире, так тяжело найти свою вторую половинку. Расскажите почему вы такой красивый успешный мужчина, и один? Вы искали меня? Вот я вся в вашем распоряжении, честно без шуток.  Извините за откровенность. Только не пугайтесь меня. Жду ответа.  Берегите себя. С уважением ОЛЕСЯ

Simple translation software does not help.

Is this person trying to tell me to come closer ... or go away?

Thanks a million

Offline Rvrwind

• Commercial Member
Re: Can you help me please:)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 12:57:53 PM »
I think somebodies puter isn't set to handle Russian language is what I would say!! ;D
Tver Angels Local and International Introductions
Classy Ladies for Discerning Gentlemen

RVR-Canadian Cowboy
Dyin' is easy, it's livin' thats hard!!!

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 01:12:31 PM »
which would beg the question ... how do you set the computer up for Russian ...

and since the original message was on my yahoo account, if I forward the message to some good Samaritan  ... the original would be unaltered? 

Correct?

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 01:19:58 PM »
Depends on how you want to set up the computer. If you just want to view Russian characters through the browser you can change that in your Character Encoding otherwise go into your Control Panel to Regional and Language Settings and add Russian there.

Ken

P.S. This came through here to me as gibberish but I just changed the Character Encoding to Cyrillic (Windows-1251) and could see it correctly.
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline Turboguy

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 01:30:20 PM »
VWRW sitting here beside me translated that for you.   Here is what she said.  You can decide for yourself if she is wanting to come closer or go away.

Hello Tim!
I appreciate that you write me in Russian. You are simply perfection. I think I was looking for you all my life-long. Excuse me for a long silence and that I have only a few letters sent to you. I do not believe in a virtual relationship. What do you think about it? But one thing I know for sure I have such a state of spirit that if you had proposed me I would say ⌠YES■. I very want to be a wife and mother. It is so difficult to find a sole mate in this troubled/rough world.  Tell me why such a handsome and successful man as you are is lonely? Were you looking for me? Here I am and I am at your full disposal. I am not kidding. Excuse me for my openness. Do not be afraid of me. I look forward to your reply. Take care of yourself.
Sincerely, Olesa.

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 01:32:38 PM »
That sure sounds like a "GO AWAY TIM I DON'T LIKE YOU!" to me... 8)
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 01:37:07 PM »
GREAT :-X

I guess I'm done here.  May as well get married next week... you know probably live happily ever after ... why not?

What the big deal? That was easy ...

AND THANK YOU VVRM very much! 

« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 01:43:15 PM by rivardco »

Offline Wayne B

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2007, 01:45:35 PM »
rivardco, for the future....photos don't always show the beauty....someone that may look average may be a beautiful woman in person and v/v.... ;D

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 01:46:29 PM »
Ken,
I have never heard VWRW laugh so loud as when she read your post.

Rivardco,  Look at all the time and expense you can save.  She doesn't even want to waste time with all that writing and meeting stuff, you can just marry her and have your happy life and children.  

Offline Bruno

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2007, 01:50:45 PM »
P.S. This came through here to me as gibberish but I just changed the Character Encoding to Cyrillic (Windows-1251) and could see it correctly.

The 1251 don't give a positive result... but Koi8-R seem to be the right font...

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2007, 01:58:26 PM »
The 1251 don't give a positive result... but Koi8-R seem to be the right font...

Yes Koi8-r worked with RussKey.. gave the following result:

Regards Expensive Tim! I value that you me you write on the Russian language, you are simple perfection. I think 4 you it searched for all this time, you will excuse me for the long silence and it is small letters, 4 I do not believe in the vertual'nye relations. What you do think on this? But one I know in me now this state of soul, after making to me proposals, 4 to you it would say YES. I greatly want, to it is more precise become wife and mother. In this severe peace, so it is heavy to find its second half. Describe why you this beautiful successful man, and one? You did search for me? Here 4 entire at your disposal, it is honest without the jokes. You will excuse for the frankness. Only do not be frightened me. I await answer. Coast itself. With the respect OL

Offline Mir

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2007, 03:50:18 PM »
Rivardco

Congratulations in finding a beautiful Russian wife. To achieve such a success without even a single meeting is increadable. Next step is to make her a wife and a mother and I am sure that with your abilities you can accomplish this as well without the need of meeting her.
Just make sure that she wants to become your wife and the mother of your child not your mother and the wife of someone else. :)

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2007, 04:07:11 PM »
Funny isn't it? (Mir, I am beginning to appreciate your humor most)

So what gives, here.  On a more serious evaluative note?

This exchange does not match "SCAM" warning signs AT ALL:
I contacted her:
Found her on a legit site;
After a month of me doing most of the writing and her saying rather simple, but enthusiastic replys ... I see (thanks to VRWR) contemplation of proposals and marriage?!?!?!

My letters may have been charming (mostly informative) ... but I do not understand how any "normal" person (non scammer)  would jump to such extremes. Can there possibly be ANY cultural explanation?

(It breaks my heart to throw this fish back into the sea! But RED flags are RED flags)

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2007, 04:19:44 PM »
Riv,

Why don't you simply write her back and ask her about the enthusiasm in this last letter? We've seen here that at time we can all get a bit carried away with things. Perhaps it is just as simple as that. Only way to find out is to ask.

Ken
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline I/O

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2007, 04:34:36 PM »
Only way to find out is to ask.

Boom Boom...!!!  Never ceases to amaze me, not so much here but in reality on a range of subjects, how so many people go here there and everywhere looking for the answers and studiously avoid going to the source of the question. 

We say here, "It is not the question that offends".  I am not sure this is entirely correct, but the point is clear enough.  Ask the effing question if you want to know the answer.

I/O

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2007, 04:40:45 PM »
Rivardco, perhaps you just underestimate your dynamic appeal, your overwhelming charm and your pure animal magnetism that turns every woman's heart and mind to mush and has them helplessly groveling at your feet.  It is not her, it is you.  She said so in her letter.

VWRW thinks you should not give up so quick.  She says sometimes women just get in a romantic mood and are carried away by their feelings.   Write her and learn more and see where it goes.   You have nothing to loose but a little time and everything to gain. 

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2007, 04:47:30 PM »
Rivardco, perhaps you just underestimate your dynamic appeal, your overwhelming charm and your pure animal magnetism that turns every woman's heart and mind to mush and has them helplessly groveling at your feet.  It is not her, it is you.  She said so in her letter.

VWRW thinks you should not give up so quick.  She says sometimes women just get in a romantic mood and are carried away by their feelings.   Write her and learn more and see where it goes.   You have nothing to loose but a little time and everything to gain.

TG,

You may want to keep VWRW away from the computer for awhile. With Riv's animal magnetism you might just lose her!  ;)

Hope you are enjoying your tropical time together!

Ken
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline Kuna

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2007, 05:01:46 PM »
 :ROFL:

I don't know why but this thread has really tickled my funnybone.

Rivardco...  dude...  don't "throw back" before you have measured it to see if it's undersize or not...

Take a little time...  the BIG issue is communication...  translation only complicates the written word even more than it already is...  If you were writing to a girl in your hometown in English there could be misunderstandings.  Add the cultural difference... AND language... AND translation and it becomes a bowl of spaghetti.

Have you talked to her on the phone yet (obviously through a translator).

Sent a flower to confirm an address?

Told her you're visiting and she's agreed to meet (I know she already wants to marry you but has she agreed to meet you?)

I agreed with VWRW... give it some time... as long as it isn't a "pay per letter angency" and you're not spending too much on translations then why not let it evolve.

As I understand it you'll be taking a WMVM trip so it won't hurt if she turns out to be  scammer down the track, you'll have other options.  If you were WOVO then you'd be more pressured to make quick decisions.

All the best... 

Kuna

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2007, 05:03:48 PM »
Now that this is all playing out in public, I can see that it would have been much better to PM some members here.

Animal Magnetism - WOOOOF  WOOOOF. 

This is going to be one of those threads that defines me, I fear. 

The translation could have just as easily said:
"How dare you ask for my attention from half a world away. You are too old, look funny with your hair wet, and have skinny legs."

Just keeping it real

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2007, 05:11:26 PM »
Now that this is all playing out in public, I can see that it would have been much better to PM some members here.

Don't you DARE take away our fun!

Animal Magnetism - WOOOOF  WOOOOF. 

...going to be.... Too Late! 8)

Just keeping it real

And that's why we're here.

Ken
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2007, 05:22:14 PM »

Yes, you are not officially defined as THE STUD of RWD.   You are now the king of animal magnetism.   

Ken, yes we are having a great time in Grenada.  Could not be better.  Hardly seems like we have been here almost two weeks already. 

Offline KenC

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2007, 05:28:22 PM »
Rivardco.
Yeah, she jumped the gun a bit with the marriage stuff, but she also said she was not into virtual relationships too.  A good sign in my mind.  You cannot hang on every word when you are going through a double translation.  Hell, maybe she was just being facetious. Or maybe the translator changed her words from "You are the type of man I am looking for all my life."  Damn, it is all good so far, so don't start complaining because it is too easy! 8)

I take it as she is saying "Put up or shut up."
KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kuna

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2007, 05:58:52 PM »
Rivardco.
Yeah, she jumped the gun a bit with the marriage stuff, but she also said she was not into virtual relationships too.  A good sign in my mind.  You cannot hang on every word when you are going through a double translation.  Hell, maybe she was just being facetious. Or maybe the translator changed her words from "You are the type of man I am looking for all my life."  Damn, it is all good so far, so don't start complaining because it is too easy! 8)

I take it as she is saying "Put up or shut up."
KenC

I agree with Ken...  now you're only decision is whether to buy the engagement ring here and post it to her or find a website where you can buy it online and send it straight to her...

:ROFL:  Kidding of course!

Give it more time... reality will only be revealed when you meet face to face...

Offline jj

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2007, 07:42:15 PM »
I agree , if she is not into longterm virtual communication, try FreeCall.com or VoipCheap.com.  Does she speak any english at all?  Even a few words would help build your relationship.  My lady did not want a keyboard romeo either, and hearing each others voice, and getting my self on a plane to visit her reassured me of her sincerity and my sincerity.  You can have a backup plan, or just enjoy your visit to someplace different.   There are some ladies who are open about what they are looking for up front, rather than play games like AW.  Take er easy, and see what happens.

Offline Lily

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2007, 10:15:07 PM »

Is this person trying to tell me to come closer ... or go away?

Rivardco, by looking at the topic heading, I almost though that the author want to ask for help to raise some money for his trip  :D and asks  particularly the Russian women about it :)

I think that you seem to be successful with this woman, so go ahead! she seems to be happy with you and looks forward to develop the relationship.
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541781
Total Topics: 20876
Most Online Today: 1648