It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Is there any such thing?  (Read 24971 times)

Offline Turboguy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Is there any such thing?
« on: June 12, 2005, 01:39:17 PM »
I was just wondering if there are any "good" sites for women who are newly married and trying to adapt to life in America.   Perhaps something like a Discussion Group where the talk about the problems they are facing in a positive way.   Where they address the differences, the problems with making friends, trying to communicate to their spouse what it takes to make them happy. 

Of course there is anti date but you could send a happy wife there and be divorced in two weeks I believe.   Just wondering if there might be such a thing.

Offline wxman

Is there any such thing?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 01:44:45 PM »
Here's a site that gives links to many Ukrainian site.

http://www.allthingsukrainian.com/Links/links.htm
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting that vote." Benjamin Franklin -

Offline mischief

Is there any such thing?
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 01:47:39 PM »
Quote from: Turboguy
I was just wondering if there are any "good" sites for women who are newly married and trying to adapt to life in America.   Perhaps something like a Discussion Group where the talk about the problems they are facing in a positive way.   Where they address the differences, the problems with making friends, trying to communicate to their spouse what it takes to make them happy. 

Of course there is anti date but you could send a happy wife there and be divorced in two weeks I believe.   Just wondering if there might be such a thing.

http://www.russian-fiancee.com/rus/forum

One of the friendliest forum I've ever been on... especially for those girls who got babies here .... There are lots of very happy FSU ladies .. happy with their husbands, lives ... etc.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 01:51:00 PM by mischief »

Offline Donna_Pedro

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
Is there any such thing?
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 06:53:18 PM »
One of the friendliest forum I've ever been on...

This is the so not true. This site is no more nor less then a gathering of sorry provincial b..es, who think that they are something...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 06:53:00 PM by Donna_Pedro »
Kaplah!

Offline mischief

Is there any such thing?
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 07:44:25 PM »
[user=115]Donna_Pedro[/user] wrote:
This is the so not true. This site is no more nor less then a gathering of sorry provincial b..es, who think that they are something...

Donna, do you have anything constructive to say? If you are ripping something apart, offer an alternative! Or there is nothing good for you??? 

Anyhow, there are plenty of wonderful intelligent ladies and two experienced pediatricians on this forum... you can easily get advice, support or answer to any question...  it has been a lifesaver for me in dealing with my baby because sometimes local pediatricians couldn't figure out what's wrong...

Offline Turboguy

Is there any such thing?
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2005, 11:28:32 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions.   With my limited knowlege of Russian perhaps what I think I am seeing is not what is really there but the Russian-Fiancee site looks like exactly what I had in mind.   I also appriciate the links to the Ukrainian sites too.  I will check everything out. 

Thanks also for the comments Donna.  My gal is a provincial babe anyway, and hopefully the site that Mischief recommended will help a little in making sure she is never sorry.  (as in sorry proviancial babe)

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Is there any such thing?
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2005, 11:37:39 PM »
Why do you think your girls would not be able to find sites by themsleves?

Не хватало только , чтоб муж мне подыскивал сайты, подходящие мне по его мнению :D

« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 11:40:00 PM by Elen »

Offline Turboguy

Is there any such thing?
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2005, 12:03:22 AM »
Well, I just try to do what I can to help.   Perhaps what I find for her may not be suitable to her in her opinion as you point out.   Actaully she spends very little time on the internet and I thought there might be something that would be helpful to her and that she would enjoy.

I have 6 weeks before I have to deal with it anyway.  I just spend the waiting time trying to think of anything that might make her life better or more enjoyable or that might help ease the transition to life in America.

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Is there any such thing?
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2005, 12:13:44 AM »
Well your wish to help is understandable but truth tell to my mind it would be better for your girls to do something by their own struggles (at least those things that they can do without you)
I just spend the waiting time trying to think of anything that might make her life better or more enjoyable

Have you done Rusification for your comp already;) ( I just wonder for some guys who have Russian wives but can't "see" my post at Cyrillic)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 12:16:00 AM by Elen »

Offline ConnerVT

Is there any such thing?
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2005, 12:53:42 AM »
Quote from: Elen
Have you done Rusification for your comp already;) ( I just wonder for some guys who have Russian wives but can't "see" my post at Cyrillic)

Our "Home" computer is fully set up as a dual language machine.  It uses WinXP Pro, and is multilanguage for the OS, OfficeXP, and most of the other applications that have Russian language support.  This setup will handle most anything but those applications that require that Russian be the computers "native" (core) language.

For people fighting to get other (ie. older) versions of Windows Russified, break out your wallet and upgrade.  If you need help, you can PM me, as I have a few files that will make life easier for you.

Of course, if your stubborn (or cheap), or want more information, here is a good source:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PaulGor/index_en.htm

Offline Donna_Pedro

Is there any such thing?
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2005, 04:56:30 AM »
[user=343]mischief[/user]

Donna, do you have anything constructive to say? If you are ripping something apart, offer an alternative! Or there is nothing good for you??? 

There is no alternative, hon. MOB sites are all this way, full of MOBs, that constantly fight over who made  better deal on a husband,  or discuss real complicated philosophical issues like " can you love someone if you dont speak the same language", or they simply fight...They are MOBs, ie.  sorry provincial bi..s, thats why everything they  talk  of turns into a petty kitchen fight.  Besides, at one point of time I did participate on that board, so unless you speak russian and can read and understand the context of a russian part of the forum, you can not question my opinion.

[user=54]Turboguy[/user]

My gal is a provincial babe anyway. I just spend the waiting time trying to think of anything that might make her life better or more enjoyable

I know a girl here, who came from a small provincial town. She tells me that she takes pleasure of simple things, like taking a shower in the morning makes her happy because in her town in Ukrain they only gave water 2 hours a day.. she walks out in the street - and she is happy again, because everything is very clean and nice, compared to her town, driving the car  practically makes her wet, and  $1000 a month salary - ... well, you understand. So your gal is  going to have a blast just from  taking a shower. Dont worry about the web sites..

Kaplah!

Offline Turboguy

Is there any such thing?
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2005, 05:44:59 AM »

[user=54]Turboguy[/user]

My gal is a provincial babe anyway. I just spend the waiting time trying to think of anything that might make her life better or more enjoyable

I know a girl here, who came from a small provincial town. She tells me that she takes pleasure of simple things, like taking a shower in the morning makes her happy because in her town in Ukrain they only gave water 2 hours a day.. she walks out in the street - and she is happy again, because everything is very clean and nice, compared to her town, driving the car  practically makes her wet, and  $1000 a month salary - ... well, you understand. So your gal is  going to have a blast just from  taking a shower. Dont worry about the web sites.. 

You might be surprised how much truth is in your comment.  My gal does not seem to like to waste time on watching TV, going to Movies, or surfing the Net.   She seems to enjoy doing things like taking a walk, going on picnics, playing tennis, swimming, camping, fishing and more active things.

As far as the comment about having water two hours a day,  she has already told me that when I visit her in 6 weeks, (and hopefully bring her back with me) that most of the city will be without hot water.    I am not sure how she will react to simple things like having a dishwasher,  a whirlpool tub, whole house a/c and the like. 

Elen and Conner thanks for the suggestions about the computer.  Yes, Elen, my computer is set to display Russian but I do not have the keyboard and that is a good suggestion.   I did read the part of your post in Russian, in fact I addressed part of that in my answer.    I can understand your motivations about not wanting your husband picking out your internet sites.  I think the acceptance of rejection of that is to some extent dependant on if he is trying to help or if he is trying to control. 

Offline Donna_Pedro

Is there any such thing?
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2005, 06:15:50 AM »
   I am not sure how she will react to simple things like having a dishwasher,  a whirlpool tub, whole house a/c and the like. 

She is going to have a blast, I tell you... So you dont need to think of any other ways to amuse her, like stupid online forums. She might be interested in more intellectual things, like learning to use a dishwasher.  By the way, it  can be a rather exiting family activity, helps to bring a new couple together. :cool:
Kaplah!

Offline Turboguy

Is there any such thing?
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2005, 07:02:05 AM »
I don't think boredom will be a problem.   I do worry about the appliances after watching her try to put a metal frying pan in a Microwave in Moscow.    I guess if they go, they are the price of happiness. 

Offline Bruno

Is there any such thing?
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2005, 07:13:49 AM »
[user=54]Turboguy[/user]

Donna, have you forget that yourself have enjoy the simple think of the life before...

" If 3 years ago somebody told me I would be eating raw oysters I would never believe it. Gosh, it tastes so good with lemon. And the ocean is so beautifull. Its so peacefull out there... Real estate is upsidedown though. I wish we could buy ourseelvs a piece of "ameican dream" so I could declare my independance from this country and create my little piece of Russian Federation on those half-acres of land. I even brought some Russian soil and seeds. "

But same in these time, when you enjoy simple thing of life, you was already against woman from province...

" Now, it looks like all those small things like swimming pool, jacuzzi are now "luxuries", not just essentials. I am thinking about romantic candle-light champaign dinner in a jacuzzi and making love on the side of the swimming pool.. He is telling me about the cost of cleaning...

- You should have married a millionair, da.n it!
- You should have brought yourself a half-breed from a local village, da..n it!!
"

Now, i can say you that thing that you find essentials like swimming pool and jacuzzi are not for everybody... only a small part of people have it... and certainly in Russia... These who can affort this in Russia are generaly connected to the mafia ( new rich )...

Where are you simple dream from the first quote... taste of food, ocean, little ground with home ( for all life )... yes, you have know problem but i think that it is time to turn the page... stop remember the past, this make you bitter like vinegar... you can always realize your simple dream... turn you regard to the futur and be positive about your destiny... and more symphatic with other people...

All the past problem make you very agressive... but this don't help you and other people... don't you think that it will be better to be again these woman who have exist before the probleme and try to have a new start...

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Is there any such thing?
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2005, 07:21:56 AM »
Well boys do you understand what russian saying means Из грязи - в князи?

( from a filth into kings)

Ps It's not me - it's Russian saying - blame don't know who:D I only hope you will not face this situation with your girls from provinces

Offline Donna_Pedro

Is there any such thing?
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2005, 08:45:35 AM »
Bruno

All the past problem make you very agressive...

First of all when I need a shrink I will call one, thank you.

like swimming pool and jacuzzi are not for everybody... only a small part of people have it...

Dont tell me this. For US these things are pretty common, our neighborhood is just a middle class one, there are a lot of places much welthier then ours. Closer to the ocean  you can only buy a trailer for a quater million dollars and still things are being sold like crazy.  I lived rather good life in Moscow. And if I was to give up a lot of things  for relocating to a place that I even  dont really like, I would prefer to live at least in a good  house in a good neighborhood. Besides, if you count the sum of all  things, I would say, materially in Russia I lived somewhat better.

Next.  Dont mix me  with "common good girls", Bruno. I  am not a good girl, not a sweet person, not a babe, not a little honey-bunny, OK?  And my husband loves me like this.  I know exactly what I want and what I do not want.  You dont like my "bitter' comments - do not read them. And next time before giving advice, ask me if I need one.
Kaplah!

Offline jb

Is there any such thing?
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2005, 08:58:31 AM »
Swimming pools and jacuzzis are very common here, those things are not a good yard stick for meausuring wealth.

Bruno, in another post you stated you had lived in Galveston, Texas for 6 months, yet you didn't even spell the names correctly.  You need to be more careful about things like that, it's terrible to be caught in a lie. In 6 months, you should have learned how to correctly spell the name of the town you were living in.

Bad stuff, ya know what I mean?  It makes me question your honesty.

Offline Bruno

Is there any such thing?
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2005, 10:48:59 AM »
Quote from: jb
Swimming pools and jacuzzis are very common here, those things are not a good yard stick for meausuring wealth.

Bruno, in another post you stated you had lived in Galveston, Texas for 6 months, yet you didn't even spell the names correctly. You need to be more careful about things like that, it's terrible to be caught in a lie. In 6 months, you should have learned how to correctly spell the name of the town you were living in.

Bad stuff, ya know what I mean? It makes me question your honesty.

Hey, i have stay 6 month in Galveston... it was very long time ago, when i was in the Navy... I have receive a room in the Naval basis and followed some course in the NASA center from Houston and in the military base of Galveston...  since our fregate have some weapon make in America, it was a part of my formation... Radar technic, sea sparrow, and ballistic... from Galveston, i remember only a lot of house from white color... a cafe with a reduction of the liberty statue from New-york outside and a snoker inside ( if with dutch girlfriend from this time have not burn all my photo, i was with several prove, i was not alone there )... a wonderfull rodeo and barbecue outside the city... beach with panel who prohibith to swin because of shark... the cafe closed at 1 hour in the night with presence of police... the bar where the hooker was not hooker ( not sex ) but only try to make you drink a lot at a expensive price ( very different that by us )... the prohibith to drink in public ( with paper bag around the beer )... my first Coronna beer... in the center of Houston, a commercial center undergrond who link several building, with at the low level a ice piste... i was surprised to see cow-boy in center of city with horse between auto...

About auto, these from America are very different that once... air conditioning, automatic gearbox... the seat belt who are removed automatic with when open the door...

What i remember more ??? Yes, the obligation to have a helmet when you use a bike...

And after the course, i have visit two time more Galveston... with the fregat Westhinder and Westdiep... it was for shoting Exocet MM38 on old american ship and test the new mode of working of sea sparrow missile... was not working but your phalanx system was very good...

Before accuse someone of lie, be sure that the people lie... yes, i have not good write the name of the city... and what... Several of us write Moscow of Moscou in place of "Mockba"... like it is write in russian character... People write the name of the city i have live before Gent of Ghent... some other of our city have different name in function of the origine of people writing it : namen / namur , Roubais / Ronse, Liege / Luik... and for a letter in the name of city, you say that i lie... Very cheap attack...

And about people, when i have see Houston... the center is right with a lot of building... the first ring is with several big villa... and the last ring with people who live in little caravan, without swimming pool of jacuzzis... you, guys with a lot of money need to clean the shit that you have in your eyes and try to see the rest of the world ( your own worl ) from your silver or gold tower... you are not the majority of people, only a little part of this... the poor exist in America... and Houston, take a look at http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/stories/2004/07/19/daily40.html ... do you think that the baby sitter, the man who clean your swimming pool, of repair it, etc ... have own swimming pool and jacuzzi...

Several poster here are from the high class... some like Timothy, a simple union carpenter have quit these place... yes, stay some people from the medium class, like me, a gardener of a policy man of ... but we are not the majority here... but in the real life... we are the people who work for you, the big majority of people...

JB, you have loose all respect i have for you for so low attack and accuse me to lie with no real evidence... in some way, you are the same type of person like your personal ennemi Kvinna...

Offline mischief

Is there any such thing?
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2005, 11:39:04 AM »
[user=343]mischief[/user]

There is no alternative, hon. MOB sites are all this way, full of MOBs, that constantly fight over who made  better deal on a husband,  or discuss real complicated philosophical issues like " can you love someone if you dont speak the same language", or they simply fight...They are MOBs, ie.  sorry provincial bi..s, thats why everything they  talk  of turns into a petty kitchen fight.  Besides, at one point of time I did participate on that board, so unless you speak russian and can read and understand the context of a russian part of the forum, you can not question my opinion. 

Don't make the statements you cannot or refuse to support!  Within any board there will be people who have something constructive to offer and those who have nothing positive to say!

If you had read my posts correctly, you'd understand that I am a woman who's native language is Russian!  This indicates you see what you want to see only!  No wonder, there is no logic in your comments...

One more thing...  The fact that you label everybody "provincial" tells me that you are more provincial than anybody else.  Place of birth doesn't give you the right to feel superior to anybody else... nothing does! I'm Polish, grew up in Minsk, Belarus... spend several years in Europe, studying in London & Cambridge and working in Paris... speak German, French, Polish, Russian and obviously English... have a master degree in economics...  going to law school at the U of Texas in Austin next year... Does is it give me the right to look down on people who grew up in a small place and didn't have chance or money to do that?? No!!! I would rather have a simple conversation with nice "provincial" person who has inner strength and beauty, and worldly wisdom than narrow-minded one.

Turboguy, I think it's nice that you want to do anything possible to make the hard days of adaptation a bit brighter or easier on her!

Offline Turboguy

Is there any such thing?
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2005, 11:51:14 AM »
Thanks Mischief,   Perhaps I am just being greedy because I believe if I can make her happy than I am going to be happy and if she is here feeling all alone and dejected and like she is out of place here then I am probably going to be just as miserable as she is.

I have to agree that where someone lives has little impact on their worth as a person.  I passed up a few sophisticated Moscowvites to find my way to my provincial gal from N. Novgorod.    I realize that everyone has their own ideas of what is important to them.    To me having a good woman who wants to really be part of my life and wants to build a happy life with me is more important than other things that might have status but are not on my list of priorities.

I like to think that everyone has a lot of good qualities and really do thier best to have a positive impact on the world they live in.   Everyone has particular qualities that are important to them.   It is what makes the world work. 

Offline mischief

Is there any such thing?
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2005, 11:55:52 AM »
Quote from: Bruno
 you, guys with a lot of money need to clean the **** that you have in your eyes and try to see the rest of the world ( your own worl ) from your silver or gold tower... you are not the majority of people, only a little part of this... the poor exist in America... and Houston, take a look at http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/stories/2004/07/19/daily40.html ... do you think that the baby sitter, the man who clean your swimming pool, of repair it, etc ... have own swimming pool and jacuzzi... 

Bruno, couldn't agree more! They need to get out more!  My husband is mentoring a black young man as a member of Big Brothers & Big Sisters Organization...  dear Lord, the neighborhood this boy lives  is so poor and dirty, that Belarus seems like fairy land in comparison!

Offline Fiorella

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Is there any such thing?
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2005, 12:07:05 PM »
http://www.russianwomenabroad.com

I also recommend to present and especially future american husbands to read this site as it gives many good advices for women who marry to american especially about american family laws.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
Is there any such thing?
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2005, 03:31:58 PM »
Quote from: jb
Bad stuff, ya know what I mean?  It makes me question your honesty.

jb, that's a bit of a low blow. I've seen plenty of posts and posters here that are MUCH less credible than Bruno. While I don't know Bruno personally - yet - I find him one of the most credible and believable of any poster on the 'net.

I recognize his views of America and her politics/geography/etc. sometimes rubs you and other Americans the wrong way, but his views are representative of many in Europe and it is worthwhile for we Americans to be aware of those perspectives (IMHO). Doesn't mean we have to agree with them - and I'd bet Bruno does not expect you to change your mind just from reading his posts - but the exchange is still worthwhile.

- Dan

Offline Donna_Pedro

Is there any such thing?
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2005, 03:43:15 PM »
Bruno

who live in little caravan, without swimming pool of jacuzzis..

Sorry, Bruno, I did not come here to live in a little caravan... I never lived poorly, and I really dont understand why would I start now. We have a different understanding of poor and rich then..  

[user=343]mischief[/user][/font]

If you had read my posts correctly, you'd understand that I am a woman who's native language is Russian! 

Wooow, fresh meat, then..(I promise I am not going to be very  harsh). First of all, somewhere in between Cabridges and Parises they have missed something in  your up-bringing - the ability for civilized communication in particular. First of all, your overly  emotional post clearly indicates that you took things personally.. Apart from the satisfaction  it gives to your opponent, its simply shows  a lack of self- dicipline and good manners.  Secondly, "you, yourself" type of discussion also clearly indicates the long habbit for petty kitchen fights  and thirdly, "ripping the shirt on your chest", trying to prove your point with all those "credentials" of yours is simply.. le ton mauvais.   So I guess, Cambridges and Parises are not the answer to everything, eh?

PS.  Hon, I hate to disappoint you one more time, but 99% of RW who evaluate their University diplomas in US get Masters... :cool:

Everybody

Now everybody understand what is going on on RW forums? I could not have a better proof of why I consider them nothing more then simply a gathering of ill-mannered  b..ches.

Turboguy

I passed up a few sophisticated Moscowvites to find my way to my provincial gal from N. Novgorod.

If you think that your lady from N.Novgorod would be surprised at a/c, dishwasher etc, you could have had much more fun with a Papua New Guinean  girl, you know... - she would be amazed  at  simple  things like cloths, silverware, toilet paper and you could have a lot more  family fun getting her potty trained...

« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 03:51:00 PM by Donna_Pedro »
Kaplah!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541568
Total Topics: 20870