It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Russglish Glossary  (Read 5037 times)

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Russglish Glossary
« on: September 18, 2007, 07:30:39 PM »
Thanks for your contribution, Gabaub, I've added it to our "Russglish Glossary" (http://russianwomendiscussion.com/wiki/index.php?Russglish%20Glossary) ;).
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Russglish Glossary
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 02:54:30 PM »
Thanks for your contribution, Gabaub, I've added it to our "Russglish Glossary" (http://russianwomendiscussion.com/wiki/index.php?Russglish%20Glossary) ;).

Here's a couple of more contributions to the Russglish Glossary you're missing Sandro.

Active Rest = Exercise

Member = Penis

There are a few nasty women out there or scammers that may ask about your "member".

Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline HiTech

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Russglish Glossary
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 03:14:23 PM »
Active Rest = More like sporting vacations, I.E. Skiing, Sky Diving, Hiking
If you like aviation check out http://www.flyaceshigh.com

Offline BillyB

Russglish Glossary
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 03:56:13 PM »
HiTech,

If you type in the exact phrase "Active rest" in Google, it could be affiliated with any type of activity, anywhere, that's good for the body. The English meaning is simply exercise or activities that elevate the heartbeat as noted here and many other places:

http://news.runtowin.com/2006/10/02/active-vs-passive-rest.html

Some marriage agencies have their own glossary and define active rest from a RW's point of view. More Russglish for Sandro and cross examine some of his with this glossary.

http://www.womenrussia.com/glossary.htm
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline SANDRO43

Russglish Glossary
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 03:59:28 PM »
Active Rest = More like sporting vacations, I.E. Skiing, Sky Diving, Hiking
Here's a couple of more contributions to the Russglish Glossary you're missing Sandro.
Active Rest = Exercise
Thank you both, included.

Member = Penis
There are a few nasty women out there or scammers that may ask about your "member".
Billy, by the time a nasty woman or scammer reaches the stage of using that term, I don't think one will need to consult ANY glossary to understand what she means ;).
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline SANDRO43

Russglish Glossary
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 04:04:07 PM »
Some marriage agencies have their own glossary and define active rest from a RW's point of view. More Russglish for Sandro and cross examine some of his with this glossary.http://www.womenrussia.com/glossary.htm
Thanks for the pointer, seems I got most of mine right, their list also contains some possible additions.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline BillyB

Russglish Glossary
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 04:57:18 PM »

Billy, by the time a nasty woman or scammer reaches the stage of using that term, I don't think one will need to consult ANY glossary to understand what she means ;).

Well... for slow guys like me, it took me a few days to truly understand the meaning when I read "I want to kiss your member." I wonder what those programmers were thinking when they made online translators?

Offline SANDRO43

Russglish Glossary
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 05:06:41 PM »
... their list also contains some possible additions.
Done, any comments/corrections, particularly by our own FSUW, will be appreciated :-*.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline SANDRO43

Russglish Glossary
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 05:21:39 PM »
Ladies, how don't know how many of you are aware of the existence of a Russglish Glossary in our RWDpedia, which I started half-jokingly to explain the quaint English used in some agency profiles and letters.

BillyB pointed out to me the existence of another"Russian Women Glossary" at Russian Brides Cyber Guide (http://www.womenrussia.com/glossary.htm), and I have now included many of its definitions.

I would appreciate your having a look at it (http://russianwomendiscussion.com/wiki/index.php?Russglish%20Glossary), and offer any appropriate additions/corrections :-*.

The term librarian is not included (yet), and I am considering a new avatar ;).
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Lily

• Trips: Resident
Re: Russglish Glossary
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 09:00:21 PM »
Sandro, thank you very much for this thread. To make reading more handy, I split the other thread and made a few additions of other members. You last contributon should obviously come first on the thread, and I will ask the administrator to move it to the top if possible. I tried many times to do it myself by several splittings/merges, but without success so far.  :)
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline Admin

• Administrator
Re: Russglish Glossary
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 06:57:40 AM »
Sandro, thank you very much for this thread. To make reading more handy, I split the other thread and made a few additions of other members. You last contributon should obviously come first on the thread, and I will ask the administrator to move it to the top if possible. I tried many times to do it myself by several splittings/merges, but without success so far.  :)

Lily,

In terms of posts in a topic, there is no control over the order in which they are displayed (except that each member can choose to display them in ascending or descending order) - they are all driven by the date of the post.

To make Sandro's post the first one, it would be necessary to split the topic so that Sandro's is the first chronological post in the topic (that is - date posted prior to any others).

- Dan

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541771
Total Topics: 20876
Most Online Today: 1362