It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Why Russian women?  (Read 24936 times)

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
Re: Why Russian women?
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2009, 08:49:26 PM »
Hehe! pacifica has been here what, three days and already she is kicking ass and taking names :)

Tuff cookie
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline Jooky

« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2009, 10:11:26 PM »
I am looking for a guy that is attractive to me.

We're all just looking for someone attractive to us. The problem is that some of us are only attracted to super models. So what can we do? Going to Russia is our only choice.  :P

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2009, 04:24:32 AM »
Hehe! pacifica has been here what, three days and already she is kicking ass and taking names :)

Tuff cookie

Me thinks smart cookie too..

Welcome pacifica

Offline chivo

« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2009, 05:12:09 AM »
I didn't say I was looking for a good looking guy. I am looking for a guy that is attractive to me. Height is part of what's attractive to me, I just don't feel attracted to guys that are shorter than me, that's all.

I think that you have answered your own question then.

RW are more attractive to us, and it isn't just about looks either. Of course we want what is attractive to us, and speaking for myself, attitude plays a big part. Bottom line, RW have a better attitude towards men than AW in general (from my experience). One group can take us or leave us, the other wants us, needs us. One group competes with us, the other understands the difference.

Men tend to be bigger risk takers than women as well, so we'll go to the ends of the earth to find what we want. Although I tend to agree with ECOCKS recommendation for dating across oceans and continents.

One thing I think a lot of women forget is that they never have to date other women :P. And even though there are a lot of nutty guys in the world, women still call the shots in the dating world.

My final few interviews, er, dates with American women were most distasteful. The only bad date I have ever had with a RW was one that was set up by an agency 5 years ago. The rest have been very pleasant, even if it lead nowhere.

Remember, you're asking the men here why they prefer RW.

chivo

Offline I/O

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2009, 05:36:41 AM »
One group can take us or leave us, the other wants us, needs us.
Rose glasses view IMO.

Offline remiel6

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2009, 06:33:23 AM »
I might say that most of the comments over the months I have been here from men would indicate that for whatever reason most of the men here grew tired of the women they met where they live. A lot, although not all, are divorced with kids. I have no experience on this, but I have been told this can make dating difficult. I think if a person wants companionship and affection and repeatedly fails to get it at home, where ever that is, they will cast a wider net. For some wider is 50 miles, for others its 6000 miles. I would not say however that the man who begins this endeavor is in any way indicative of the rest of the AM perspective. It's terrible logic, but I am the only man I know who would even contemplate this endeavor.
oh and to throw my two cents in. I love the accent, and think its very sexy. Probably my second favorite accent next to french.

Offline chivo

« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2009, 06:54:28 AM »
Rose glasses view IMO.

Maybe, and it is a general statement, but it's been my experience, and I can only speak from my experience. Generally, women here seem naked (so to speak) without a man. It's almost a stigma, if not absolutely one.

Another thing, and as I've always said to people here, one of the main differences in Russian culture compared to American culture to me comes down to independence (American) vs codependence (Russian). Maybe it also has something to do with my belief that the family unit here is more close knit (again generally speaking from my experience) than in America. It's how we're raised.

I can tell you this, the dating/marriage scene for me here in Moscow as oppposed to Los Angeles (where I lived for 35 years), is night and day. I've been here too long to be wearing any glasses. You don't wear rose color glasses living in Russia. You can't. Even if you want to, they'll be ripped off by reality.

Maybe it's the competition for men here, but...

In one country (city), I felt like a leper, in the other, my cup runneth over.
I'm the same person, can you explain the difference?

chivo

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2009, 08:19:58 AM »
Hey Chivo-

I completely agree with this......Gemini, a Russian woman, also said the same thing in another thread.

Maybe, and it is a general statement, but it's been my experience, and I can only speak from my experience. Generally, women here seem naked (so to speak) without a man. It's almost a stigma, if not absolutely one.

Another thing, and as I've always said to people here, one of the main differences in Russian culture compared to American culture to me comes down to independence (American) vs codependence (Russian). Maybe it also has something to do with my belief that the family unit here is more close knit (again generally speaking from my experience) than in America. It's how we're raised.

I don't know how or where but I seem to remember you for some reason...maybe from that other board...anywho, I don't know which part of LA you used to stake your crib in but I'm a bit surprised about your take in the social atmosphere here. I read you've been living in Moscow for a while somewhere, but from my personal experience - albeit much shorter in Moscow - dating the women from both places was one and the same for me. The same ease, the same games, the same chase. Not discrediting what you're saying - just a bit surprised being you're from LA.

As for the subject, to me it's rather silly to compare Match et al to FSU/MOB dating sites. They're apples/oranges. The main purpose of FSU dating agencies is marriage while the majority of the US-based is generally for social fun. As for why men go to FSU, who cares what the reason is...if it brings two people together and believe they can be happy with one another - who gives a hoot where she came from?

Lastly, it will serve pacifica well to send Tall Bill a PM, or vice versa. I got a feeling they'll mesh together.  ;D

Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline LEGAL

« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2009, 08:26:08 AM »
who cares what the reason is...if it brings two people together and believe they can be happy with one another - who gives a hoot where she came from?

Lastly, it will serve pacifica well to send Tall Bill a PM, or vice versa. I got a feeling they'll mesh together.  ;D

Carpe Diem   Pacifica & Tall Bill  ;)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 08:28:45 AM by LEGAL »

Offline Misha

« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2009, 08:37:43 AM »
In one country (city), I felt like a leper, in the other, my cup runneth over.
I'm the same person, can you explain the difference?

Same here. In Russia, when I was dating, I could easily arrange one date per day (sometimes two) where I could simply meet a woman for coffee and see whether there might be some mutual interest. In Canada, I would be lucky if it was one date per month  :rolleyes2:

Offline Mars

« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2009, 09:03:13 AM »
Same here. In Russia, when I was dating, I could easily arrange one date per day (sometimes two) where I could simply meet a woman for coffee and see whether there might be some mutual interest. In Canada, I would be lucky if it was one date per month  :rolleyes2:

I can second this.  If the man is not adverse to the WMVM approach, AND if he has planning and organizational skills (not true for the case of many men who try it and post here) and has made tons of prior contacts (unlike your situation wherein you were there), he can travel to FSU and meet one or more women every day for a month.  In the west, it would take the same man a year or more to meet this many women who pass some minimum screening criteria.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 09:06:59 AM by Mars »
Mars man looking for Venus woman.

Offline Misha

« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2009, 09:35:02 AM »
If the man is not adverse to the WMVM approach

Didn't even need a WMVM approach. Simply could log onto a Russian dating site, chat with a few women and arrange a date for the same evening within an hour. I could never have done that in Canada.

Offline Mars

« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2009, 09:47:33 AM »
Didn't even need a WMVM approach. Simply could log onto a Russian dating site, chat with a few women and arrange a date for the same evening within an hour. I could never have done that in Canada.

Misha, you WERE doing the WMVM approach. Only difference was you were chatting rather than writing.

But to look at it another way, you were just doing normal dating as men and women in the west (and actually in most all countries) do all the time.  It is only when men do this across borders that others really get all wound up about bad mouthing the WMVM approach. 

The major differences (compared to normal dating in the West) for you were, as you pointed out earlier, the man is able to increase the quantity of meetings quite a bit when he has FSU women to choose from vs WW, and when you are based in FSU you can speed up the process also.
Mars man looking for Venus woman.

Offline Sculpto

« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2009, 12:28:56 PM »
Hey Chivo-

I completely agree with this......Gemini, a Russian woman, also said the same thing in another thread.

I don't know how or where but I seem to remember you for some reason...maybe from that other board...anywho, I don't know which part of LA you used to stake your crib in but I'm a bit surprised about your take in the social atmosphere here. I read you've been living in Moscow for a while somewhere, but from my personal experience - albeit much shorter in Moscow - dating the women from both places was one and the same for me. The same ease, the same games, the same chase. Not discrediting what you're saying - just a bit surprised being you're from LA.

As for the subject, to me it's rather silly to compare Match et al to FSU/MOB dating sites. They're apples/oranges. The main purpose of FSU dating agencies is marriage while the majority of the US-based is generally for social fun. As for why men go to FSU, who cares what the reason is...if it brings two people together and believe they can be happy with one another - who gives a hoot where she came from?

Lastly, it will serve pacifica well to send Tall Bill a PM, or vice versa. I got a feeling they'll mesh together.  ;D

GQ.. you would be unique in that regard.  My experience here in SF is that it takes a heck of a lot more effort to simply date let alone find someone worthy of marriage.  Here walking down the street if I flash a smile at a pretty woman.. she looks the other way.. in Moscow.. if I flash the same smile at a woman of the same level of appearance she smiles back and sometimes will blush.  Here if I approach a woman on the street or in some venue.. I can usually sense within seconds that she is uncomfortable and looking for a way to extricate herself from the scenario... in Moscow.. they were offering me their phone numbers and asking when I would call.  The exceptions in this area are Black women and Phils women.. both are far more open to advances than White, Latina or other Asians.. yet, rarely make good marriage candidates.. easy to date and bed.. hard to take seriously.. mostly because of way too much DRAMA.

Its night and day.

Offline TwoBitBandit

« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2009, 12:57:02 PM »
Same here. In Russia, when I was dating, I could easily arrange one date per day (sometimes two) where I could simply meet a woman for coffee and see whether there might be some mutual interest. In Canada, I would be lucky if it was one date per month  :rolleyes2:

I can second this.  If the man is not adverse to the WMVM approach, AND if he has planning and organizational skills (not true for the case of many men who try it and post here) and has made tons of prior contacts (unlike your situation wherein you were there), he can travel to FSU and meet one or more women every day for a month.  In the west, it would take the same man a year or more to meet this many women who pass some minimum screening criteria.

I'll "third" this.  Dating girls off Mamba is like shooting fish in a barrel... especially if you have some game and can speak Russian.  I had way more interested women than I could possibly meet on my last trip.  I could have extended it to a month and met a new girl every day if I had wanted.

It's totally different than dating on Match.com, although my game there has improved a lot from experience.  My rate on Match seems to be around one new girl a week, but the quality is quite a bit lower than I could catch in Russia.  In another thread, Jooky told me that Russian girls have spoiled me.  Well, he's right.

In the past three months I've met a couple of Russian girls on match who are here in the states.  They are always pretty surprised when I meet them and start talking to them in Russian.  I've seen some pretty surprised expressions.

Offline Gator

« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2009, 08:13:10 AM »
Although difficult to believe, some men suggest that they pursue RW because the only available AW are as depicted here:

She is trying to please, so you must admire such spirit.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2009, 02:15:48 PM »
GQ.. you would be unique in that regard....Its night and day.

Unique?!? I don't think so. You must always remember it's a big country of 300 million plus. Arguably the number of US men involved in international marriage brokerage is likely only 1% of the population, 2% at best. Even smaller for FSU-bound Romeos.
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Why Russian women?
« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2009, 03:35:02 PM »
Carpe Diem   Pacifica & Tall Bill  ;)

***Warning Bill is going to tease Legal and GQ a little bit. ***

A guy will notice a 1/4" scratch in the paint on the right rear fender of their
friends 1984 Chrysler K car which hasn't been washed this month but will not
notice the phrase "committed" on a buddies avatar that has been there for
nearly a year, because guys rarely notice such things about other guys.
Thank you for thinking about me, but to quote my Ukrainian girl friend on
a slightly different topic....

"But Beeel I weeel keeeel you." She said it so sweetly with a sparkle in her eye
and an angelic smile on her lips yet with a calm and chilling sincerity that
can make a grown man (even a really tall one) nearly choke on his own spit.

My GF will resolutely agree that it is immoral and reprehensible to kill another
man, unless you really love him then all bets are off.

Udachi,

Bill

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Sculpto

« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2009, 03:42:49 PM »
Unique?!? I don't think so. You must always remember it's a big country of 300 million plus. Arguably the number of US men involved in international marriage brokerage is likely only 1% of the population, 2% at best. Even smaller for FSU-bound Romeos.

I meant in that you have been able to play in the field here in the US.. its simply not the case for a lot of guys.  The receptiveness of women to unsolicited advances is for the most part a negative end game for most guys.  If you really have any doubt take a look at craiglist rants and raves.. one day its the women bitching about how bad the men are.. the next day its the men bitching about how bad the women are.. kind of funny at times but overall it indicates a real messed up situation for most PEOPLE, especially those that wish to be in a serious relationship.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #94 on: September 27, 2009, 03:53:22 PM »

My final few interviews, er, dates with American women were most distasteful.

I hope I am not going to get into trouble for posting photos without
permission (again)

I took a little video of her (your last AW date)

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Gator

« Reply #95 on: September 27, 2009, 03:59:07 PM »
... but will not notice the phrase "committed" on a buddies avatar that has been there for
nearly a year, because guys rarely notice such things about other guys.

Congratulations Beeel.  You have been on this journey for a long time.  Hope all goes well.

I am glad that you chose a FSUW.  I recall from your past trip photos how you dated aliens with bizarre large white dots for eyes.  [That was one absurd episode that I would not wish on my enemy.]  

Offline BrianW

« Reply #96 on: September 27, 2009, 08:27:26 PM »
I meant in that you have been able to play in the field here in the US.. its simply not the case for a lot of guys.  The receptiveness of women to unsolicited advances is for the most part a negative end game for most guys.  If you really have any doubt take a look at craiglist rants and raves.. one day its the women bitching about how bad the men are.. the next day its the men bitching about how bad the women are.. kind of funny at times but overall it indicates a real messed up situation for most PEOPLE, especially those that wish to be in a serious relationship.

As usual, the man speaks the truth.  ;D
“To study the meaning of man and of life — I am making significant progress here. Man is a mystery: if you spend your entire life trying to puzzle it out, then do not say that you have wasted your time. I occupy myself with this mystery, because I want to be a man.”
-Fyodor Dostoyevsky, 1839

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #97 on: September 27, 2009, 08:52:32 PM »
The receptiveness of women to unsolicited advances is for the most part a negative end game for most guys.  If you really have any doubt take a look at craiglist rants and raves..

Craig's list? Are you kidding me? You based your reality on the contents of Craig's list? LOL. C'mon, man, I've given you far more credit than this.

Reality is 90% perception and the other 10% is simply in your head.

In your view it's the receptiveness of women, but have you stopped for one minute and thought of the possibility it may have something to do with you instead?

day its the women bitching about how bad the men are.. the next day its the men bitching about how bad the women are.. kind of funny at times but overall it indicates a real messed up situation for most PEOPLE, especially those that wish to be in a serious relationship.

LOL...and somehow you believe this isn't the case in FSU, right which is how you justify your searching for a partner there, right? Well, believe it or not, for every RM womanizing there's a woman involved - every single time. Yah don't think that's kinda screwy?

« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 08:56:31 PM by GQBlues »

Offline Sculpto

« Reply #98 on: September 27, 2009, 10:22:27 PM »
Craig's list? Are you kidding me? You based your reality on the contents of Craig's list? LOL. C'mon, man, I've given you far more credit than this.

Reality is 90% perception and the other 10% is simply in your head.

In your view it's the receptiveness of women, but have you stopped for one minute and thought of the possibility it may have something to do with you instead?

LOL...and somehow you believe this isn't the case in FSU, right which is how you justify your searching for a partner there, right? Well, believe it or not, for every RM womanizing there's a woman involved - every single time. Yah don't think that's kinda screwy?

Sheesh GQ.. I was just giving an example...

Nevertheless.. I know what I have experienced in my realm, over and over.  I know when I go other places in the USA it isn't nearly as bad.  SF is hell for straight men.

And yes of course I think what if its me?  And that was one of the things that was so liberating during and after my first FSU trip.  The same approach that is met with scowls and scorn here was received positively there.  And you know what, after years of feeling there was something wrong with me.. a month in Ukraine convinced me there wasn't.  And I came back renewed and when I got those looks of scorn and negativity, I did bust through some of them.. but you know what.. it just isn't worth it.  It shouldn't be so hard just to talk to someone let alone ask them for a date.

I know what the score is in the FSU.  I heard what MANY women had to say about the men being spoiled and only wanting sex and being drunks and unreliable.  Yet, somehow, those ladies still want a man, are even desperate for one.  I don't think the same can be said here.  Not where I live anyway.  Not when a 250 pound so called BBW with poor hygiene can demand a man in perfect physical condition, younger than her, with tons of disposable income and actually have men lining up at her doorstep for the chance.  Don't think I am exaggerating, I see it every single day.

I would also point out that in my work I come into contact with a huge amount of couples.  The number of men who are totally brow beaten by their insanely bitchy American wives is beyond contemptible.  It is quite often really humiliating to see what these men are going through.  Easily 50% of the clients I deal with are like that, and oddly, the ones that are not, tend to be foreign born.  Go figure..

Offline chivo

« Reply #99 on: September 28, 2009, 01:22:39 AM »
Hey Chivo-

No worries. I lived in West Covina for 20 years and Costa Mesa for 15 years. I was in a 7 year relationship while I was living in Costa Mesa that ended in my mid-thirties, so the dating experiences/scene I talked about were after that time. This was dating AW in their 30's and up, mostly.

The Newport Beach/Costa Mesa area rocks, as does LA, but I think it's geared more to people in their twenties who want to have fun. LA is a great city, one of the best places in the world IMO, but the people are a different thing...completely, with all due respect to you as you seem like a good guy.

In my 20's it was not bad, but still, as 2tall bill says, a lot of fruits and nuts (you forgot flakes too Bill, you know the old joke about California being like a bowl of granola ;)).

Now you might be "the man' there in LA, but I can tell you without any reservation that the dating scene in LA does not in any way compare to Moscow. You will never convince of this. The chase might be the same, but the attitude from the women isn't, and that's the basis of my point. Oh sure, they're a few women here who have a similar attitude, I'm sure it's everywhere, but from my experience they are few and far between. Maybe 1 in 10.

It also begs the question that Pacifica asked; if your dating scene is so rich and full in LA, "why Russian women"? Seems like a lot of time and money wasted/spent on the same thing.

If you remember, I said I felt like a leper, I can assure you that I'm not, nor do I feel like one here. I have also dated numerous women in both countries, and I don't date ugly women.

I dated in LA from time to time after my relationship broke up, and all my dates were from hell. 

My life changed when I met 2 RW while I was still living in LA. 1 was 20 and the other was 23. Both introduced me to the Russian culture, and both had been living in America for a few years. Neither one were anything like the women I had dated previously as far as their attitude, and quite frankly, I haven't dated an AW since. This was 12 years ago.

Just for the record, how many RW have you dated here in Russia? also, how old was the doctor you dated here in Moscow, and has she ever been married?

The vast majority of RW I meet/date/know here in their 20's, and this is after university (23+), want to get married, period. In America they mostly wanted to have fun and/or work on their career. At least the one's I met in LA. The RW here also want a career, but they want a family too.

If a 28 yr old RW wakes up one day in Russia and finds herself without a man and a family, I guarantee panic will start to set in.

I always joke here to my Russians friends that my 2 biggest fears in life are returning to America and working for corporate America again, and dating AW :P.

If you're ever in Moscow again give me a holler, we can exchange some war stories, or phone numbers to nice women :P.

So it goes...

chivo

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541781
Total Topics: 20876