It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Why Russian women?  (Read 24397 times)

Offline Daveman

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Why Russian women?
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2009, 09:22:24 PM »
the only real reason I seem to be able to come up with is.... I have totally lost my mind and am now completely insane.  There is no other explanation.

Yes, the Russian accent while speaking English is mind blowingly sexy, they eyes are to die for, and well... back to the first sentence.... I've totally lost my mind -- that's the reason I do this...

And, a belated welcome to the board.
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2009, 05:17:11 AM »
I found that women were more likely to meet with you for a quick date to check you out. In Canada, you would have to chat for weeks with a somewhat attractive women, the few that were available online, before she would maybe acquiesce to a date  :rolleyes2:

My experience in America too.  I don't know if it is because of "numbers," or because America has some authentically crazy-wacky men, or because AW are more financially independent, or RW somehow have a larger craving for a man in their life (independent of money).   Probably some combination of all four.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2009, 05:29:14 AM »
As far as the Dutch accent, I agree especially when the Dutch make no effort to create proper pronounciation.
And of course there is the unintended humour in between languages.

There was a lot of snickering when the former Prime Minister Kok was accompanied by the Shell top manager Mr Dick (true names).

And when one of our female political leader was asked about her career she replied : "I am having my first period".

And now for the 100 points question. Pronounce the name of our current prime-minister
Jan-Peter Balkenende correctly.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline RussianWind

« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2009, 05:31:19 AM »
Accent indicates that a person is from another culture and this attracts. I personally hate true strong Russian accent but I do not plan to marry a Russian girl :)

I have noticed that girls who are looking for foreign husbands have better articulation and their accent is rather smooth. Much better than Asian lisping  :P
It's your problem if you take my posts too seriously.

Offline pacifica

« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2009, 09:10:43 AM »
I was relating the dating scene as I know it in California. What's it like in Missouri? Do people talk about marriage in an introduction, on a first date, or after a few dates?

Actually, I see a lot of men's profiles that specifically say that they are looking for a serious long term relationship and marriage, and not anything casual. One of the guys told me that he got tired of first dates where ladies indicate they are interested in a one-night stand (so he didn't want to meet me assuming that's all women want :) ). So there are all kinds.

Good question. How do you see this in St. Louis? I've had several Russian women visit California tell me they see many more 'hot dudes' here relative to sexy women, and it's the opposite in Russia. Unfortunately for them, that doesn't extend to international dating.  :P

Well, for me personally the search is limited - I am tall and looking for someone 6' or taller, so that eliminates probably 85% of potential candidates. Out of the remaining 15% some are attractive and some are not, but I am not looking for model looks, other things are more important.

Offline pacifica

« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2009, 09:20:24 AM »
What  is the most popular responses from men on Match.com when they learn you are Russian?

Well, I don't say on my profile that I am Russian, because I don't identify myself as Russian, since I've lived in other countries longer than I lived in Russia, and it was a long time ago. But I do say that I am originally from Europe, and it sounds interesting to some people (not your average Midwest girl), and the fact that I am fluent in 3 languages is appealing to some. But in the big picture - it doesn't really matter. It's about your character and values, it's about mutual attraction, not about where you are from.

Offline pacifica

« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2009, 09:27:39 AM »
That was my experience with Russian dating sites. It was quite easy to chat with a woman online and arrange a date in a couple of days, even for that same evening. Didn't mean that the date would lead to anything, but I found that women were more likely to meet with you for a quick date to check you out.

Interesting. I usually like to meet pretty quickly, after a couple of emails, if everything looks alright. Don't want to spend weeks on emailing and phone calls just to find out later that there is no chemistry. But there have been several cases when guys backed out as soon as I suggested meeting for coffee. Am I supposed to wait for the guy to invite me out? Or what's the deal?

Offline Misha

« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2009, 09:52:47 AM »
Interesting. I usually like to meet pretty quickly, after a couple of emails, if everything looks alright.

You would fit the Russian model of dating  :evil:

But there have been several cases when guys backed out as soon as I suggested meeting for coffee. Am I supposed to wait for the guy to invite me out? Or what's the deal?

I wouldn't have said no if an attractive woman asked me out on a date. Wouldn't have said not if an average not that attractive woman asked me out on a date  :evil: It is hard to answer as I do not know the type of men you are pursuing  ;)

Offline bigdeg

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2009, 10:01:50 AM »
 Hello Pacifica,
 Welcome to the board.
 I will give you a little different take on the search for a wife from my point of view. I am not married yet but talking with a Ukrainian lady, and just waiting on my first trip.
 I spent 6 years in the navy mostly going from one country to another in the pacific ocean. I began to see a real difference in the women from different countries. I've met Phillipino women, Thai, Australian, Chinese, I even stayed with a Russian couple in Vladivostok for a week. I suppose I developed this view that I wanted a certain "family dynamic".
 I have been out of the navy for about 13 years. One short failed marriage to an American woman that started to love the money I was making more than me. So mostly I have been working on my career, and having fun. The only continent I have not been to is Europe, (yes I have even walked around the icepack of Antarctica).
 I have started in the last year seriously looking for a wife and wanting to start a family. Due to the job I have now, I cannot travel for a couple months. About eight months ago I decided that Europe was my next trip, and more for curiosity started to correspond with a woman from Poland. That led to talking with a Ukrainian woman. Eastern European women seem to (at least on the phone and the few I have met in this country) have a family outlook sort of like Northern Chinese women.
 So as soon as I can travel I plan on meeting the lady I have been talking with in Ukraine, travelling around Europe (maybe together). If things do not work out with the girl I am going to meet, I am going to New Zealand!

Dale

Offline Mars

« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2009, 10:46:56 AM »
One of the guys told me that he got tired of first dates where ladies indicate they are interested in a one-night stand (so he didn't want to meet me assuming that's all women want :) ).

Pacifica, I hope you are not believing such BS when you hear it.
AM are conditioned to say what AW (and maybe all women) want to hear.
So this man, and others who say something similar, are simply saying it because they know  you (the woman) will be happy to hear that they (the man) is not looking for a one night stand.

Most men are not at all adverse to a one night stand (soon to be denied here by many kiss ups).

And conversely, it is rare that a woman would 'indicate' that she was looking for a one night stand.  All just BS that this man was telling you.
Mars man looking for Venus woman.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2009, 12:06:52 PM »

Most men are not at all adverse to a one night stand (soon to be denied here by many kiss ups).
What parameters are we setting there?
You have been to Russia and the FSU 4+ times?
You are willing to have a one night stand with someone who had one with the last guy and will have one with the next guy that comes along?
Quite an expensive [casual] date. 

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2009, 12:55:36 PM »
What parameters are we setting there?
You have been to Russia and the FSU 4+ times?
You are willing to have a one night stand with someone who had one with the last guy and will have one with the next guy that comes along?
Quite an expensive [casual] date. 

I think Mars was referring to pacifica's experience dealing with men on USweb-based dating sites like Match...not the MOB/FSU.

It was quite funny as it reminded of a time while during a one night stand when a woman remarked just before climax...

Woman: "I don't want you to think I'm this kind of girl because I'm not!"
Man:     "Don't worry sweetie I'm not this kind of guy either!"
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline pacifica

« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2009, 01:10:48 PM »
Pacifica, I hope you are not believing such BS when you hear it.
AM are conditioned to say what AW (and maybe all women) want to hear.
So this man, and others who say something similar, are simply saying it because they know  you (the woman) will be happy to hear that they (the man) is not looking for a one night stand.

Ok, I could understand if the guy was saying this to make me meet him, but he was actually saying it as an excuse for not wanting to meet me.  ???

Most men are not at all adverse to a one night stand

I don't believe that. Some men would do it with anybody any chance they get, some would do it only after a relationship is established, and some, I believe, could actually get tired or meaningless one-night stands and really want to be with one woman.

And conversely, it is rare that a woman would 'indicate' that she was looking for a one night stand. 

There are all kinds of women, some don't mind casual fun, especially after they just got divorced, and are not into anything serious.

Offline Misha

« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2009, 01:35:11 PM »
some, I believe, could actually get tired or meaningless one-night stands and really want to be with one woman

I would presume that this is a very attractive, young man that will have women fawning over him, who at some point gets bored of all the attention and starts fantasizing about finding "the One." They must be few and far between  ;)

Offline groovlstk

« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2009, 01:59:00 PM »
Ok, I could understand if the guy was saying this to make me meet him, but he was actually saying it as an excuse for not wanting to meet me.  ???

Pacifica, whatever reason this guy had for not wanting to meet you, it wasn't because he was tired of meeting women who wanted to bed him on a first date.

I agree w/Mars, this guy is a BS artist. Maybe he's using another guy's photo, maybe he's married, etc. There are plenty of guys online who like to flirt with pretty women and when it comes time to meet, they disappear. Usually, there is a big lie somewhere in the middle of it all.

Offline ECOCKS

• To those who deserve it, good luck.
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2009, 02:27:13 PM »
In answer to your OP, I simply dated where I was living.

After deciding to live overseas for a few years I traveled to Europe and began looking over job advertisements. That landed me in Kyiv where I dated a few women and found a wonderful woman whom I eventually married. We recently moved to the US and life goes on.

Good women are where you find them. Eastern Europe seems to have a disproportionate share of available women who are physically more attractive than several other places (like the states) but I don't know that I would recommend anyone try to date across oceans and continents without a great deal of maturity and assessing of their resources and expectations.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 04:11:04 PM by ECOCKS »
Pick and choose carefully among the advice offered and consider the source carefully. PM, Skype or email if you care to chat or discuss

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2009, 04:10:16 PM »

Married :)
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline Mars

« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2009, 04:26:37 PM »

I believe, could actually get tired or meaningless one-night stands and really want to be with one woman.

First point:  OK, so you are saying that the guy was indicating to you that he thought YOU were looking for a one night stand. 
So where did he get that idea??

Second point:  You are overlooking idea that, even when the guy really wants to be with one woman, it still can start with a one night stand, which may not be meaningless to guy and/or gal, and which leads to permanent relationship.  All relationships start somewhere.

Or turn the situation around and come at your words from another angle.  The guy (or gal) decides for sure it is time to be with one gal (or guy).  So they sets their sights on that one and follow through with serious courtship, etc.  But over time, maybe short, maybe long, they (or one party) decides it isn't working.  The 'dumped' party often still claims to friends:  "He (she) was only looking for a one night (week, month) stand.

So I place no great importance on trying to decipher whether the other party is or is not serious or is or is not looking for a one night stand.  We just don't know how things will turn out.  Words are just so much blather.
Mars man looking for Venus woman.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2009, 05:39:52 PM »
I agree w/Mars, this guy is a BS artist. Maybe he's using another guy's photo, maybe he's married, etc. There are plenty of guys online who like to flirt with pretty women and when it comes time to meet, they disappear. Usually, there is a big lie somewhere in the middle of it all.

So I place no great importance on trying to decipher whether the other party is or is not serious or is or is not looking for a one night stand.  We just don't know how things will turn out.  Words are just so much blather.

LOL. I do agree with these guys. There's a higher probability this guy is a sweaty 300 pound hairy gorilla addicted to Cheetos than the man he portrays himself to be in his profile.

Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BrianW

« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2009, 05:49:47 PM »
I'm probably younger than the other guys here. I'm 26. I'm currently dating a UW that moved to D.C. two years ago. It's nothing serious. I'm not sure how far it will go, but she's superior to almost every AW in my age group.

Young AW's are a mess. I know I will be crucified for this, but AW's have bad attitudes, especially the ones that are remotely attractive. I feel girls from the South are different, but it's rare to find a younger AW with class. They do exist, but they are vastly outnumbered by the rest. The UW I am dating is cute, sweet and brilliant. She actually commented on our first date about how she likes guys with "character." An AW would NEVER say something like that, in my opinion.

I don't know why this is. AW's are very conceited and mental illness seems to run through many of them. I'd love to do a sociological study to find out why :)
“To study the meaning of man and of life — I am making significant progress here. Man is a mystery: if you spend your entire life trying to puzzle it out, then do not say that you have wasted your time. I occupy myself with this mystery, because I want to be a man.”
-Fyodor Dostoyevsky, 1839

Offline BrianW

« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2009, 05:59:20 PM »
Oh another thing about my UW friend, she even commented on how suprised she was on coming to the states to find how "bitchy women are" and how gender roles in the U.S. are reversed. Smart gal :)
“To study the meaning of man and of life — I am making significant progress here. Man is a mystery: if you spend your entire life trying to puzzle it out, then do not say that you have wasted your time. I occupy myself with this mystery, because I want to be a man.”
-Fyodor Dostoyevsky, 1839

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2009, 06:02:02 PM »
Oh yeah, one more reason why Russian women. Go look in the mirror :)
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2009, 07:44:02 PM »
Well, for me personally the search is limited - I am tall and looking for someone 6' or taller, so that eliminates probably 85% of potential candidates. Out of the remaining 15% some are attractive and some are not, but I am not looking for model looks, other things are more important.

Welcome to the forum,

Why would you seek someone tall or good looking if they have nothing to
do a happy marriage?  ;)

I was not happy with the type and quality of available women in my area.
I live in the land of fruits and nuts, the San Francisco bay area. I wanted to
find a woman who likes being a woman who wants a man to be a man.

I a man wants to find a large pool of available, educated, feminine, tall, thin,
stylish, NON politically correct group of women the FSU wouldn't be a bad
place to include in your search. 

Udachi

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline pacifica

« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2009, 08:30:06 PM »
I'm probably younger than the other guys here. I'm 26. I'm currently dating a UW that moved to D.C. two years ago. It's nothing serious. I'm not sure how far it will go, but she's superior to almost every AW in my age group.

Young AW's are a mess. I know I will be crucified for this, but AW's have bad attitudes, especially the ones that are remotely attractive. I feel girls from the South are different, but it's rare to find a younger AW with class. They do exist, but they are vastly outnumbered by the rest. The UW I am dating is cute, sweet and brilliant. She actually commented on our first date about how she likes guys with "character." An AW would NEVER say something like that, in my opinion.

I don't know why this is. AW's are very conceited and mental illness seems to run through many of them. I'd love to do a sociological study to find out why :)

Yes, let's compare one UW to all AW :) People just love to generalize...

Offline pacifica

« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2009, 08:43:17 PM »
Why would you seek someone tall or good looking if they have nothing to
do a happy marriage?  ;)

I didn't say I was looking for a good looking guy. I am looking for a guy that is attractive to me. Height is part of what's attractive to me, I just don't feel attracted to guys that are shorter than me, that's all.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541568
Total Topics: 20870
Most Online Today: 1917
Most Online Ever: 12701