It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: ML and Ukrainian Women.  (Read 268708 times)

Offline Donna_Pedro

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #350 on: December 17, 2011, 02:53:16 PM »

99% of men says they go for RW because they are slim and care a lot for their appearance, while most AW are fat and don't care.

you are absolutely correct. American or any other men for that matter pay attention and prefer women to have nice, slim bodies. And it seems that in russia/ukraine the concentration of slim, good looking girls who care about their appearance is higher. Reasons? See my post below. But as I said earlier - reality defines mentality. I am no longer living in Russia. My reality is here. The reasons I described earlier do not apply to me anymore. You all want your rw to integrate into your society as fully as poss, dont you? As much as I have resisted the change, in 10 years it has finally caught up to me. I have integrated.  I wear comfortable clothing and driver's shoes instead of sexy garb and high heels. I hardly ever use makeup anymore. And I dont care about my pretty weight (I do care to stay healthy though). I was asked a few pages earlier - what I care about, besides my family? I care about my own beloved self. My OWN comfort. My OWN fun. My OWN desires and wants. In russia society expects a lot more of out women. A lot of pressure. Here the pressure is pretty much off. And I have finally learnt to enjoy it.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 02:56:28 PM by Donna_Pedro »
Kaplah!

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #351 on: December 19, 2011, 08:09:35 AM »

you are absolutely correct. American or any other men for that matter pay attention and prefer women to have nice, slim bodies. And it seems that in russia/ukraine the concentration of slim, good looking girls who care about their appearance is higher. Reasons? See my post below. But as I said earlier - reality defines mentality. I am no longer living in Russia. My reality is here. The reasons I described earlier do not apply to me anymore. You all want your rw to integrate into your society as fully as poss, dont you? As much as I have resisted the change, in 10 years it has finally caught up to me. I have integrated.  I wear comfortable clothing and driver's shoes instead of sexy garb and high heels. I hardly ever use makeup anymore. And I dont care about my pretty weight (I do care to stay healthy though). I was asked a few pages earlier - what I care about, besides my family? I care about my own beloved self. My OWN comfort. My OWN fun. My OWN desires and wants. In russia society expects a lot more of out women. A lot of pressure. Here the pressure is pretty much off. And I have finally learnt to enjoy it.

Donna_Pedro, I showed this to my wife and the only thing she did was  :applaud:
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #352 on: December 21, 2011, 09:40:47 PM »
First full day in Orlando.  WOW $90 per person for each Disney Park.  Last time I was here about 15-20 each . . . so how old must I be ?

Way overpriced for Epcot Park.

Went on blast off, ride and landing on Mars.  I was Navigator and Gal was Pilot. We went on green sissy level, but still about sheeeeet our pants.  Don't do it if you have a heart condition.  Very realistic.  We overshot the landing strip . . . . who the he!! was there before to build it?

Best part of the day was full dinner at Marakesh Restaurant in Morocco section.  Meal was one of tastiest I have ever had; plus get to watch the belly dancer with a body to kill for.

Had discussion in toilet area (imagine that) with AM who married a woman from Morocco and converted from Catholic to Islam.  Holly cow!!

I had noticed them before and she was quite a looker; but don't think I would do such conversion for her or any woman.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 09:42:35 PM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #353 on: December 22, 2011, 04:34:17 PM »

Went on blast off, ride and landing on Mars.  I was Navigator and Gal was Pilot. We went on green sissy level, but still about sheeeeet our pants.  Don't do it if you have a heart condition.  Very realistic. 

When we rode it there was no choice.  The Green was added a few years after the ride opened because so many people had motion sickness.   I was squeamish.   The force for the full experience is 2.5G,  well less than a fighter jet, but close to a space shuttle.    Most humans lose consciousness at around 5g.   

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #354 on: December 22, 2011, 08:24:33 PM »
Full day at SeaWorld today.  I rate it superior to Disney Epcot and a tad cheaper at $85 each.  Great shows with whales, dolphins, seals, etc.  And special after dark ice dancing shows this time of year.  Only bad experience was the Polar Express event.  Long lines and wait times, and then not really much to look at.

Hard to believe, but we got another first rate formal diner at the Sharks Restaurant.  Who could believe you can go to a tourist trap and find some of the best tasting food ever with excellent service!!!

Gal said it would be hard for her to live in Ukraine again with the poor service.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #355 on: December 23, 2011, 09:04:25 AM »
Have to definitely agree with you ML. I too thought that Sea World was much more entertaining for the adults than Disney. Busch Gardens in Tampa is also another favorite of mine.
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #356 on: December 23, 2011, 07:27:09 PM »
First glitch in trip.  Rental car from Enterprise had zero electricity.  Even door unlocker on door wouldn't work.  Called the 800 number and they said would dispatch fixer but might take an hour.  We supposed to meet friends for lunch and spend all day with them.

A bunch of calls, etc. and fixer finally arrived.  But he only had battery charger.  Wouldn't take a charge.  So more calls and they said would send tow truck but that would take another hour.  WTF  This is company that advertises they will 'pick you up.'  So I call 800 again and say I want to talk with CEO of Enterprise.  Then the story changed that they would send a car to me . . . but maybe not for an hour.  I said there is office a mile away and I can walk sooner than that.  Fixer guy (who was an independent said he would take us).  A great, nice young black man.  He kept saying how embarrassed he was for his city treating vactioners like this.  I gave him $20 bucks which he hesitated taking.

Finally got to Radisson hotel of friends.  He a 50 something business associate from Costa Rica accompanied by a 20 something beauty with knockout body, but quite a bit too short for my taste.  We lounged around pool all day with we guys talking business while my UW and the CR gal swam, played in water, performed disco dancing poolside and tanned.  Has been in 80s here since arrival with mostly clear blue sky.  They both spoke good English, so everyone had good time.

Had great lunch and later great dinner which turned into wine and deserts all evening.  We both will probably gain a ton, but worth it in short run.

Tomorrow to Kennedy Space Center with the same two friends.  Forecast for 10-20 percent rain in late afternoon.  Hope it holds off.

Offline Chicagoguy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #357 on: December 23, 2011, 07:48:09 PM »
I like your style, writing and the details in your story. Keep up the good work !

Offline OlgaH

• Trips: No Selection
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #358 on: December 23, 2011, 10:30:26 PM »
ML,

Robert and I had a blast at every Disney Park. I also like  their 3D shows.  Did you try Soarin'at Epcot? We both love it. One year we went to see the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights. That was wonderful.

We also like Discovery Cove.

Harry Potter and the forbidden journey ride at the Universal Studios was amazing.   

You will have a fun at Kennedy Space Center  :)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 10:32:00 PM by OlgaH »

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #359 on: December 24, 2011, 07:28:04 PM »
Chicagoguy thanks.  Olga, we only went to Epcot this time, but didn't see the Soarin.

Much too much to see when only have one day.  On shuttle bus from hotels to Epcot did meet one couple from Sri Lanka.  Well-to-do couple with good English.  On way back, we saw them again.  They had gone to all 3 Disney parks in time we had only spent in Epcot !!!  But they couldn't have seen much in any of the 3.

Spent today at Kennedy Space Center with the couple from Costa Rica.  The young CR gal turned out to be a pain in ass always complaining about something.  CR guy finally told her to shut up.  Then she sulked most rest of day.  He told her this in Spanish, but I think it was something like 'shut the fock up or I will throw you out of car.'

I was reminded about how good it is to be with this particular UW Gal who rarely complains about anything and smiles often.

I was a little disappointed in KSC.  I had been there before 15 or so years ago and heard several talks and saw demos by real persons.  Now it is mostly see a series of movies in various locations.  But still a worthwhile trip.  Especially mind boggling is the Saturn Rocket lying on its side with Apollo module attached.  Huge is too small of a word to describe the length of this monster.  In contrast, the Space Shuttle with the two booster rockets on either side looks pretty small (lengthwise).  Advances in minituration in this area also I guess.

Film clip of trip to and first moon landing is always great to see again, and there are many nice displays, etc.

There is now a 'Space Shuttle Lift off Experience.'  I guess it is somewhat like the Disney thing I described earlier.  I wanted to give it a try, but my UW wouldn't go for it and the CR guy wasn't interested either.

There is a fairly new memorial area to the 17 Astronauts killed in action as well as 6 or so more killed in various test flights, etc.  Scary part is these names are scattered around on a large mirror with a lot of extra space left . . .

Went to McDs for breakfast this morning.  Yes, we do such things.  Overheard a man talking on mobile to several relatives it seemed.  The wife with him suffered from diabetes and didn't have money for medication.  Apparently relatives had promised to send money but didn't.  They both looked very scrawny, malnourished, etc. and anywhere from 60 to 75 years old.  Kept saying on phone they needed $38.  Finally, as they were leaving I went over and asked how much money was needed for her medicine.  He said the $38 again so I gave him $40.  They both started crying and wanted to know my name, etc.  I said it didn't matter.

Then, 5 seconds after they disappeared, a McDs worker told me I had been taken.  Said the two were in the day before saying welfare told them to come to McDs for free dinner or some such.  But that didn't really prove to me I had been taken.

Anyway, the CR guy told me I was foolish.  But later my UW told me in private it was the right thing to do because . . . each time you do such a good thing; it comes back to you more, provided you don't want more.

So I can choose which idea to believe.   :)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 07:48:33 PM by ML »

Offline Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #360 on: December 25, 2011, 01:45:50 PM »
Considering it was only $40.00, you should feel good at least in the fact that you did a good deed regardless if it was a scam or not. The way I see it, scam artists eventually get whats coming to them in the end..... :clapping:
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline Kuna

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #361 on: December 25, 2011, 02:44:43 PM »
Went to McDs for breakfast this morning.  Yes, we do such things.  Overheard a man talking on mobile to several relatives it seemed.  The wife with him suffered from diabetes and didn't have money for medication.  Apparently relatives had promised to send money but didn't.  They both looked very scrawny, malnourished, etc. and anywhere from 60 to 75 years old.  Kept saying on phone they needed $38.  Finally, as they were leaving I went over and asked how much money was needed for her medicine.  He said the $38 again so I gave him $40.  They both started crying and wanted to know my name, etc.  I said it didn't matter.

Then, 5 seconds after they disappeared, a McDs worker told me I had been taken.  Said the two were in the day before saying welfare told them to come to McDs for free dinner or some such.  But that didn't really prove to me I had been taken.

Anyway, the CR guy told me I was foolish.  But later my UW told me in private it was the right thing to do because . . . each time you do such a good thing; it comes back to you more, provided you don't want more.

So I can choose which idea to believe.   :)

:clapping:

Interesting comments from your UW - the ones I know (including my wife) don't understand charitable deeds (in most cases).

In this situation ML you did the right thing and that's all that matters.  :)

Online Faux Pas

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #362 on: December 25, 2011, 08:48:39 PM »
I have to agree with the others. Makes no difference of it was a scam or not although it does sound like one. You were drawn in and did the right thing. If it was a scam, the karma of a good deed is with you and the bad karma of the deceit is with them.

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #363 on: December 26, 2011, 10:16:13 AM »
Spent Christmas day in Daytona Beach at home of another friend of mine.

He is married to Cuban descent woman.  She is still very pretty, but now has porked up quite a bit in 15 years of marriage.  (No, they will never read this.  NO, not even a remote possibility.  No really.)  My Gal wearing her newly downsized Levi skinny jeans and other man couldn't keep his eyes off her ass.  I loved it.  Oh, but don't tell Turbo's wife about this as she doesn't like me telling such.

My Gal pitched in and whipped up some Ukrainian dishes, the other Gal made some Cuban dishes, the guy had a small turkey going on outdoor BBQ while I was only able to keep the mixed drinks going.

We all ate too much, drank too much, watched football and basketball too much and talked too much.  Only we four adults in the house.

It became late and I had drank too much; so we stayed the night.
Probably not the best with regard to spirit of Christmas; but we probably not good people anyway !!

I had bought small (in physical size) Christmas gift for my Gal but forgot to take it with me to friend's house.  When I told her of this snafu, she said it was best as she would prefer to get it on 7th January and she had left my gift back at our house anyway.

Anyway . . . to inflame more . . . my Gal really likes her new more slender breadless  body.  During this trip bread is served at all restaurant meals . . . but she refuses to eat any.  I told her why not pig out on bread during this trip because I think we are both gaining weight anyway; but she refuses.  Quite an amazing turn-around.

Quite amazing weather here with every previous day in low to mid 80s and no rain.  Today, for first time, it is a little less warm . . .  I think in mid to upper 70s and is cloudy; but still no rain.  Thanks to Gator and other Floridians for providing such!!   8)

Offline OlgaH

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #364 on: December 26, 2011, 02:25:28 PM »

the other Gal made some Cuban dishes

Was it good?

My husband and I love Cuban cuisine. One of our favorite places in Miami is

http://www.versaillesrestaurant.com/

mmm I'm still drooling when I mention Versailles  :P

Offline Muzh

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #365 on: December 27, 2011, 07:04:46 AM »

Was it good?

My husband and I love Cuban cuisine. One of our favorite places in Miami is

http://www.versaillesrestaurant.com/

mmm I'm still drooling when I mention Versailles  :P

What do you like in specific? I may be able to give you a recipe.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline OlgaH

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #366 on: December 27, 2011, 11:35:19 AM »
What do you like in specific? I may be able to give you a recipe.

I'm not so good at remembering all these Spanish - Caribbean - African names  :D but empanadas, oxtail stew, sweet potato with black beans soup, their specific bread sandwiches and will be always on my list. It is the way how they cook it with different spices, and I always try something new. Thank you for your offer on recipes, we have a lot of cookbooks including on Cuban cuisine, we just don't have time.  :)

Offline Muzh

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #367 on: December 27, 2011, 12:58:09 PM »
I'm not so good at remembering all these Spanish - Caribbean - African names  :D but empanadas, oxtail stew, sweet potato with black beans soup, their specific bread sandwiches and will be always on my list. It is the way how they cook it with different spices, and I always try something new. Thank you for your offer on recipes, we have a lot of cookbooks including on Cuban cuisine, we just don't have time.  :)

When you say empanadas, are those the deep fried dough with meat inside? They were originally from Argentina.

The Cuban Sandwich is the best sandwich I've tried in my life. Specially when the bread is made with lard. I keep trying to convince the owner of this eatery I frequently have lunch into doing an original Cuban sandwich. As a matter of fact, I cooked a pernil (fresh ham with THE spices) for X-mas and brought some with me today for lunch. I called the guy at the restaurant and brought him some for taste. He will try to cook it following the instructions I gave him and then do Cubanos on his lunch menu for a day.

I also make a black bean soup, Brazilian style. With fresh pork hocks.

Offline OlgaH

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #368 on: December 27, 2011, 01:33:02 PM »
When you say empanadas, are those the deep fried dough with meat inside? They were originally from Argentina.

Yes  :P   Not just from Argentina  :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empanada

Cuban cuisine is influenced by Spanish, African and Caribbean cuisine.

Offline ghost of moon goddess

• Empty cans make the most noise :)
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #369 on: December 27, 2011, 01:40:21 PM »
Ida Davidsen "open faced" sandwiches are the best ones I've tried in my life. Available only in Copenhagen :(
If you want to keep your expressions convergent, never allow them a single degree of freedom.

Offline OlgaH

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #370 on: December 27, 2011, 02:06:02 PM »

I remember how our friends, they are from Portugal, were cooking black beans and added some beer. Oh,  the bread-yeast aroma was just amazing! They also presented us their fresh baked banana-chocolate sweet bread they traditionally bake on every Christmas. It was a big loaf for two of us so we shared it with our other friends. And our friends of Polish origin sent us their traditional Polish raspberry small cakes. It is a blessing to have friends from different part of the World!  :D

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #371 on: December 27, 2011, 02:37:58 PM »
Olga, yes I liked the Cuban dishes, but don't remember what they were called.  Will have to find out.

Went  to buffet breakfast this morning.  Gal who brought drinks, etc., had name tag  indicating Sveta. 

Not a discernable accent at first, but I had to ask her if she was Eastern European.

Yes, she said:  Russian.
Where in Russia:  Murmansk.

OMG . . . might as well be the North Pole.

So the Gals had some brief snatches of Russian talk.

Didn't ask how she happened to be in Florida.

Offline OlgaH

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #372 on: December 27, 2011, 02:46:33 PM »

Didn't ask how she happened to be in Florida.

Kasatka ride?  ;D

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #373 on: December 27, 2011, 04:37:56 PM »
The feijoada? With with rice, and accompanied by chopped fried couve mineira, lightly roasted farofa, and peeled and sliced orange?

Good :-*, I had it in Rio where they said it's a Friday night specialty because it's a bit on the heavy side for digestion - it takes a full weekend to get over it ;).
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 04:41:09 PM by SANDRO43 »
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #374 on: December 27, 2011, 04:44:24 PM »
Ida Davidsen "open faced" sandwiches are the best ones I've tried in my life. Available only in Copenhagen :(
I tried det kolde bord, the Danish variant of Swedish Smörgåsbord, in Copenhagen. Interesting, but not memorable :-\.
Milan's "Duomo"

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541782
Total Topics: 20876
Most Online Today: 1663