It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Natural Crimea  (Read 84552 times)

Offline The Natural

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Natural Crimea
« Reply #250 on: March 01, 2013, 04:30:28 PM »
So you perform well, you started with one and finishes with two without the additionnal extra kilo upper 20 kg needing to be paid to airline operator, he he;  ;D
 :clapping: Congratulations my friend.
My fiancee will be there soon, we will try to start a skype session all (5 now).
See you.

Same gal? If so, long time no see.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #251 on: March 01, 2013, 04:53:46 PM »

Same gal? If so, long time no see.
:ROFL: yes same. I take some pills for one year to be reasonnable.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline ML

« Reply #252 on: March 01, 2013, 05:34:06 PM »
The Lithuanian midwife replied as she was pointing to the image saying, see this here, it's the (what do you say in child english?) tisseluren of a boy child!

In USA there are dozens of such words used by parents:  Usually 'pee pee' or 'thingy.'

In a similar image of my unborn son, I said WOW he takes after his father.  The doctor replied . . . 'Uh, that is his arm.'

Congratulations on forthcoming son.  That will be good to protect his younger sister later.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #253 on: March 01, 2013, 05:36:44 PM »
She got a blood transfusion and the both of us got a free lunch, thanks to the otherwise hated welfare state 

Would be nice if true.

You both got a lunch, thanks to prepayment via taxes by you, your fellow citizens, and corporations.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #254 on: March 01, 2013, 10:37:20 PM »
Natural, congrats on the wedding and permanent arrival of your lovely lady! Also many congrats on the coming newborn--that is very cool!

The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline JayH

« Reply #255 on: March 02, 2013, 12:30:54 AM »
Natural, congrats on the wedding and permanent arrival of your lovely lady! Also many congrats on the coming newborn--that is very cool!

As usual Mendes words  says it all perfectly-- all the best to one of the forum nice guys.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Ade

« Reply #256 on: March 02, 2013, 01:02:18 AM »
Belive me, I'm a real nice gentleman, but when it comes to my wife and my child, I can be very insistent. They were very taken aback when we said we would decline the normal (but out of choice) vitamin K shot. Fortunately we don't have to battle the foolishness of a Hepatitt B shot as in some other countries. I try to be ahead of things so that we can discuss it well advance, which is, perhaps by design, made difficult by western medical practise which in my opinion is run far too much by the drug cartels.

You understand that there have been numerous studies in many countries since the early 90's covering a far larger sample than the original "controversy" studies that have categorically failed to find any causal relationship between vitamin K shots and leukemia?

There are good reasons why we are living longer and with less disease these days and one is because of the pesky drug cartels no matter what conspiracy theorists like to say.

Congrats on the kid to be. I hope your wife is fully informed about her choices.

Offline Gator

« Reply #257 on: March 02, 2013, 02:47:57 PM »
Natural and Mrs. Natural,

A BOY!!!   CONGRATULATIONS! 

I hope all goes well.  His name?  Natch?

Offline Misha

« Reply #258 on: March 02, 2013, 04:04:15 PM »
Congratulations on the wonderful news!

Offline The Natural

« Reply #259 on: March 04, 2013, 07:50:43 AM »
Thanks guys for all the best wishes.
We went to the doctor today. Iron is up to 9,9, BP and other things are OK as well. We will make a final visit to the midwife on Wednesday and if nothing happens in the meantime, show up at the hospital on Friday morning.

As for a name we have discussed it but not made a final call on it yet. Some people say it's best to wait until one see the child. Somehow certain names are better/worse depending on what the child looks like/behaves. I don't know how that works though  :-\  We want a international kind of name, one that works well both here, in Ukraina and elsewhere in the west. Options on the table are Kevin, Erik, Kim, Glenn ... any suggestions?

Offline Gylden

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #260 on: March 04, 2013, 09:03:48 AM »
Congradulations!!

Post a picture of him so we can see his skis!!

:clapping:

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #261 on: March 04, 2013, 09:33:16 AM »
Thanks guys for all the best wishes.
We went to the doctor today. Iron is up to 9,9, BP and other things are OK as well. We will make a final visit to the midwife on Wednesday and if nothing happens in the meantime, show up at the hospital on Friday morning.

As for a name we have discussed it but not made a final call on it yet. Some people say it's best to wait until one see the child. Somehow certain names are better/worse depending on what the child looks like/behaves. I don't know how that works though  :-\  We want a international kind of name, one that works well both here, in Ukraina and elsewhere in the west. Options on the table are Kevin, Erik, Kim, Glenn ... any suggestions?

FP is probably not an option?  ;D

Offline The Natural

« Reply #262 on: March 04, 2013, 10:58:53 AM »
FP is probably not an option?  ;D

Not unless we'd like the limelight of the CPS upon us, hehe.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #263 on: March 04, 2013, 11:11:02 AM »

Well, my wife lies down and the midwife applied the gel and start examining. At this point we did not know anything and I dared asking the question of weather it's a boy or a girl. The Lithuanian midwife replied as she was pointing to the image saying, see this here, it's the (what do you say in child english?) tisseluren of a boy child!

Jeremy Clarkson would call it the man's sausage.

Hi Roy. Nice to hear the great news. Congratulations to both of you.  :clapping:
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline The Natural

« Reply #264 on: March 08, 2013, 05:27:08 PM »
Hi guys;

It's been a few hectic days for us and I’m not quite up to date here on what’s happened, so let’s recap:

On Tuesday I got up in the morning to go to work. Actually, I decided to snooze for 10 more minutes when the phone rang. To my surprise I saw it was from my wife and as she hung up I went down to the living room where she was lying on the sofa. She had felt some contractions the previous night, but in the night it got stronger and not wanting to wake me up, she made her way downstairs to the living room. It was about 5 minutes until I had to go to relieve my collegue at work, so I called the midwife to get some info on things.

The midwife suggested we calmly collected our things and made our way to the hospital in a few hours as she felt things were happening with the pregnancy. So I called to work and said I’m not coming in and will start my 2 weeks leave from that day on. My wife wasn’t in hard labour yet, so we took it easy and got prepared before getting into the car for the near 2 hour drive to the hospital.

I’m glad I started keeping a journal, noting down things, because at this stage I can’t really make a good account of what happened at this or that stage. We got to the hospital and was well received. The staff is very professional and caring and we got a room. There were many examinations and deliberations because my wife didn’t go deeper into labour. But finally she got a drug to do so and had deep contractions but were still not ready. Got an epidural for the pain and drug was increased while keeping a keen eye on the condition of the child, but still not ready.

By the way, as I wrote before, the gynecologist is from Lithuania and speaks to my wife in Russian. The young guy who came in to administer the epidural spoke in a broken kind of Swedish. So I asked him where he’s from. He replied he came from Sweden. Pause. But originally from St. Petersburg, he continued, so even though he wasn’t exactly a barrel of laughs, at least my, by then, pretty exhausted wife got some information of what was going on in her own language.

Despite all these measures, she still wasn’t ready to deliver and the doctor decided we cannot wait any longer and had to go for a Caesarian. And believe me or not, the gal in charge of the operation is Baltic and also spoke Russian, albeit not of too much use as they were prepping up the team while my girl was scared and I tried to comfort her as best I could.

But our boy did come out, he was shown to us for a few seconds before carried out of the room. We both were very emotional but my wife told me to go out there with our boy while she was fixed up. She had to spend the night at another ward, while I and our baby boy went back to the birth ward where he was registered and got some formula before I could take him to our room for the night.

He was very quiet, more so than I would expect. He was just kind of observing things. I laid him besides me in the bed and talked to him, hugged him and kissed him, thrilled of the sensation of finally meeting my perfect flesh and blood baby. Later on I put him in his crib, but he started to cry, so I took him back in my arms. I put him on his stomach on my chest and he got so quiet and it felt so good to me too, to have my baby so close.
He laid on my chest and settled down, relaxed and secure, just making those wonderful baby sounds. 
It’s a feeling only a parent can truly understand. I have read about it before and was kind of prepared, but nothing is like the real thing and it is perfectly wonderful.

The next morning my wife was well enough come down and got to see our baby for real. This was the 7th. And the following day she was feeling even better. I went back home today on the 8th for the night, but will return tomorrow and stay the night if it’s possible and perhaps we will be discharged on Sunday, if everything progresses well.

Our boy had some issues not knowing exactly how to suck the breast in the beginning. The midwives helped with hints and instructions, and what finally “broke the code” for Erik, was when my wife put a finger on the top part of his mouth to stimulate the suction movement. It seems to go well now and we eagerly await the production of milk soon.

The boy was 3702 grams and 50 cm. long. He’s in good health and according to the wishes of his mother, his name is Erik. He is deeply wanted and his mother and father loves him beyond anyone else.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #265 on: March 08, 2013, 05:33:35 PM »
He's gorgeous.  So alert!

Congratulations.  Cherish each moment.  They grow very quickly.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #266 on: March 08, 2013, 05:37:56 PM »
What a beautiful post!  Congratulations on the new life you and your wife have brought into the world!
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline calmissile

« Reply #267 on: March 08, 2013, 05:49:48 PM »
Congratulations on your new boy.  Your right, that feeling of holding your newborn is something we never forget.   Wish your wife a Happy Womans Day from all of us.

Offline Chicagoguy

« Reply #268 on: March 08, 2013, 06:06:13 PM »
Congratulations !   As always, a good story from you.

Offline The Natural

« Reply #269 on: March 08, 2013, 06:24:23 PM »
Thank you all. I put up a photo of the baby and me which my wife took. It's wonderful  :P

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #270 on: March 08, 2013, 09:57:46 PM »
+1,000
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline BillyB

« Reply #271 on: March 09, 2013, 12:37:26 AM »
Thank you all. I put up a photo of the baby and me which my wife took. It's wonderful  :P

Congrats on your new son. Were you actually sleeping in that photo? Most mothers can safely hold their baby while they sleep. I wouldn't take the chance because I sleep too sound.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline The Natural

« Reply #272 on: March 09, 2013, 05:35:10 AM »

Congrats on your new son. Were you actually sleeping in that photo? Most mothers can safely hold their baby while they sleep. I wouldn't take the chance because I sleep too sound.

Thank you. No, I wasn't sleeping, don't risk that. Just closing my eyes and enjoy the moment with the little one  :-*

Offline newjason

• up up and away...
« Reply #273 on: March 10, 2013, 11:29:33 AM »
Great Job to both you and your wife  :)

I'd like to say...

Welcome to the world  Erik   
you are gonna love it ! 

Offline The Natural