It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Natural Crimea  (Read 84545 times)

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Natural Crimea
« Reply #225 on: September 09, 2012, 12:07:41 PM »

I will, I will .... just not right now, hehe. After all, I'm in a country where you can practically smoke everywhere and it's so amazingly cheap. I'll just smoke up my quota when I'm back and THEN I promise to quit.

Your quota?  You mean the 1,000 cartons stacked in the woodshed that even your mother doesn't know about?

:ROFL:

Offline The Natural

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #226 on: September 09, 2012, 12:13:10 PM »

Your quota?  You mean the 1,000 cartons stacked in the woodshed that even your mother doesn't know about?

:ROFL:

Hehe, no, in that building there's only my Mercedes and a lot of wood. I will only bring the legal quota of 200 when I go home.

Offline The Natural

« Reply #227 on: September 10, 2012, 07:56:11 AM »
This morning we got up at 6! We had an appointment with the dentist at 8. First thing was a check of my teeth and then we went to another place to get x-rays done and then back to the dentist office again. They were not ready yet however, so we went to a restaurant and had a few coffees and went back again.

When we went into the dentist office I lie down on the bench while my girl translated and talked to the dentist and her assistant. The dentist seemed to know what she was doing and I had a close to 2 hour treatment. Drilled for karies and filled two teeth with composite. It all went very well and I didn't feel any pain at all, not even from the Anastasia! Two teeth done and two more to go tomorrow and later. All of the work today cost 636 grivnas which would be 8-10 times cheaper than back home. It feels good and I'm confident it's a job well done  :D

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #228 on: September 10, 2012, 09:19:28 AM »
Hope you have been vaccinated against hepatitis!!

A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #229 on: September 10, 2012, 11:55:53 AM »
...It all went very well and I didn't feel any pain at all, not even from the Anastasia!..

Who was Anastasia?  The security guard?  :ROFL:

Offline The Natural

« Reply #230 on: September 10, 2012, 09:23:57 PM »

Who was Anastasia?  The security guard?  :ROFL:

Just an inside joke. Watch the movie Nine Months  ;)

Offline The Natural

« Reply #231 on: September 14, 2012, 05:35:17 AM »
I've been sick for 2-3 days! After my second treatment at the dentist, I came down with something when we were back home. Had the same story like on the first trip, with nausea and belly up and had a little fever and haven't totally recovered until today, three days later.

So on Tuesday we went to the dentist and I sat in the chair for 2,5 hours. They fixed three teeth as well as cleaned the teeth for, what we call, tooth stone. I was back at 8 this morning and the dentist did the final tooth. Removed the amalgan and filled it, which took just over an hour. That makes it a total of 5,5 hours in the chair (sounds American, hehe) and I'm mighty glad it's over now. As far as I can tell, the dentist couple have done a good job and the total cost is 2000 grivnas. I guess it would have cost me anywhere from 5 to 10 times as much back home. We did leave them with a tip however, the dentist said it wasn't necessary but we figured she deserved it  :D

The female dentist had a female assistant and throughout the procedures, they talked and had my girl translate to me when necessary. Later my girl told me that the assistants daughter is now living in Finland. She met a man on the internet some 8 years or so ago and he came to visit her shortly thereafter and she went to see him later on. They still live toghether in Finland and the mother has been there and told my girl she liked the country very much. A bonus for me personally was to hear that she told my girl that she think I'm handsome. That will keep my ego going for at least a couple of days, haha.

After the treatment we walked the streets of Kerch for a good while. It still took some considerable time before the Anastacia would wear off, so we just had a little coffee at a restaurant, watching people walk by. I noticed how many beautiful young women there were and how, in my opinion the men didn't match up to their looks. The men, generally I think, have facial features which are so "strong" or "hard" looking compared to the womens generally soft features. Seems to me most men here look kinda like that Russian/Ukrainian giant boxer, if you know what I mean. I guess it's not only in Kerch but all over Ukraine and Russia, but if you just sit at a restaurant on a pedestrian street, your eyes will always be fixed to something real nice walking by. It is indeed no wonder Ukraine is so popular among love-seeking westerners.

We continued our walk and as we passed a sign on the street that read "Second Hand", I told my girl, "Look, second hand, they sell used clothes." She replied "No second hand, but number 10 second hand"  :ROFL:

We bought some small things among them a couple of frames I want to bring home for decoration. One is of a cake which would be suitable in the kitchen and the other is of a building in one of the streets of New York.

In the evening we're going downtown again to watch the celebration of the founding of the city of Kerch.

Offline The Natural

« Reply #232 on: December 13, 2012, 03:37:40 PM »
I haven’t been active here for quite some time, but great things have happened in my life in that period. My girl got her wedding visa and came to me on October 31. We went ahead at once with  the  paper work to ensure she’s here for good. We went to the local police station where she gave the finger! Yes, literally, just one fingerprint on the computer along with her photo and signature. All this is done within seconds with her sitting in the same position besides a machine… the wonders of modern technology.
In a few days she received a card in the mail that states she’s here in this country legally. This card has her photo and some information and states she’s here legally until May 1st. of 2013.

But the really great news is that we got married today! Furthermore, we are expecting a new born, 70% chance of it being a girl according to the Ukrainian medical society, sometime in February.

Mother is doing just fine and have been to the midwife in Norway twice and all so far is looking just perfect. My girl have adjusted to a totally new and different country just fantastically. She’s one of a kind and we have such a wonderful connection and family and friends have started to connect to her real well. As she continues to learn Norwegian, this will increase (especially with my old mother who’s 82) and who really would like a daughter-in-law to communicate with freely.

After a long day with a lot of positive emotions, we are now sitting by the fire, relaxed and happy. My girl talked to her mother earlier in the evening, after the wedding. Her mother was home with her nephew, all dressed up waiting for her precious daughter to call her after the wedding. When I came in front of the web-cam, she said “I love you”. This really made me feel warm inside and feel that my mother-in-law told me she felt safe leaving her favourite daughter in my hands.

PS Anotherkiwi;  I quit smoking on September 22!

Offline calmissile

« Reply #233 on: December 13, 2012, 04:33:31 PM »
Congrats Natural.  Both on the marriage and quitting smoking as well.

Offline Chicagoguy

« Reply #234 on: December 13, 2012, 04:44:43 PM »
A wonderful wife for a great guy. It all seems like it went so smoothly and quickly for you.
IT CAN BE DONE !

Offline The Natural

« Reply #235 on: December 13, 2012, 05:51:38 PM »
Thank you calmissile and Chicagoguy,

I greatly appreciate your attention and congratulations.

Quiting smoking was more easy to do once I realized my girl was expecting my own child sometime in February   :D

Yes, Chicagoguy, it all did indeed go very smoothly for me. I don't know why or how, somehow, though. The only answer that immediately pops into my head is be true to yourself and others, in other words, be honest and trustworthy. That, along with being realistic and not shooting for a Julia Roberts lookalike when you look like Joe Average, and being able to see real gold like I did with my girl. Every couple is different, here we joke around a lot. I can make her laugh just moving around the room awkwardly or making stupid gestures. I just don't seem to fail when I do my James Bond facial with the "I aim to please" line. Don't however, fail to understand that we do have our serious conversations too....

I'm now older and much wiser than I used to be. I value other things than in my youth. I value family for example, and that is also a great thing with real women. I value my family and also want her family to feel great and have common time together. This is something that, if heartfelt, is noticed by the other significant. I could go on and on... the family oriented guys knows exactly at once what I'm talking about, whrereas the "cool, smart-ass" crowd will pass it by.

Just the way it is.......

Offline ML

« Reply #236 on: December 13, 2012, 09:45:13 PM »
Hey Reidar,

Big congratulations on marriage and forthcoming bambino/bambina.

And great to hear about the smoking cessation  also.  Now,  if we ever meet, we can kiss on the lips . . . well  after I  ever get over my pneumonia.

But you surely don't think Julia Roberts is actually good looking.  Look closely, even at her early pictures; she has many terrible physical features in the  face.
I readily admit though,  that she has a very appealing personality . . . if that  is the real her.

You wrote: 'I'm now older and much wiser than I used to be.'
I don't know about you Nord Norge people, but here, the former comes without much effort on the individuals part.    8)  The latter takes a little more effort.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Brillynt

« Reply #237 on: December 13, 2012, 10:45:34 PM »
Congrats!    :clapping:   It does not get any better than a great wife, and soon to be children.

Offline Ade

« Reply #238 on: December 14, 2012, 12:00:55 AM »
Congratulations. :) Glad it's all going well for you up there.

Offline Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #239 on: December 14, 2012, 06:18:59 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!  :clapping:
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #240 on: December 14, 2012, 07:25:45 AM »
Hey Reidar,

Big congratulations on marriage and forthcoming bambino/bambina.

And great to hear about the smoking cessation  also.  Now,  if we ever meet, we can kiss on the lips . . . well  after I  ever get over my pneumonia.

But you surely don't think Julia Roberts is actually good looking.  Look closely, even at her early pictures; she has many terrible physical features in the  face.
I readily admit though,  that she has a very appealing personality . . . if that  is the real her.

You wrote: 'I'm now older and much wiser than I used to be.'
I don't know about you Nord Norge people, but here, the former comes without much effort on the individuals part.    8)  The latter takes a little more effort.

It isn't. They just finished filming a movie here that she has a big part in. She was quite the Beeyotch. There have been a dozen or so big stars milling about town for the last several months and just about all of them very pleasant. I've met or run into most of them. Julia Roberts is quite beautiful though even in person. She keeps 2 big buck bodyguards with her every where she goes

Offline Ranetka

• Back to Earth from Cloud Nine
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #241 on: December 14, 2012, 09:53:57 AM »
Congratulations.
There are shortcuts to happiness and dancing is one of them.

I do resent the fact that most people never question or think for themselves. I don't want to be normal. I just want to find some other people that are odd in the same ways that I am. OP.

Offline CanadaMan

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #242 on: December 14, 2012, 06:34:22 PM »
A hearty congratulations to you and your wife Natural!

May you have a long and happy marriage and a beautiful baby!

Great news about the smoking too. I knew you could do it.  :)

Offline The Natural

« Reply #243 on: December 15, 2012, 02:59:19 AM »
Thanks for all the congratulations, I appreciate it. Won't go into any further discussions about Julia Roberts though, I could just as well have used Michele Pfeiffer as an example  :D

It's morning here in the dark north and my girl and I will go for a warm bath in a 34 C degree swimming pool close by.
Have a nice week-end folks.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #244 on: December 16, 2012, 02:49:13 AM »
I did try to reply when you first posted (honest!), but the fonts and sizes were all over the place so I didn't even bother completing it.

However, I'll join with everyone else -congratulations on all three counts!

As for the sex of the new wee one - it will be a girl!  Although I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong, I'm pretty sure that young Lincoln I/O was the first male child since Jazzy Classy's baby a couple of years ago.  In the meantime there have been at least eight girls born, so you have very little chance of escaping the RWD "curse!"

Offline The Natural

« Reply #245 on: December 19, 2012, 06:54:17 AM »
I did try to reply when you first posted (honest!), but the fonts and sizes were all over the place so I didn't even bother completing it.

As for the sex of the new wee one - it will be a girl!  Although I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong, I'm pretty sure that young Lincoln I/O was the first male child since Jazzy Classy's baby a couple of years ago.  In the meantime there have been at least eight girls born, so you have very little chance of escaping the RWD "curse!"

Thank you mate. I remember reading about the overwhelming number of newborn girls among the members here. We will see. I'm happy either way as long as there's no complication of any kind.

Offline The Natural

« Reply #246 on: March 01, 2013, 03:02:01 PM »

Greetings to you old mate,

Things are going great here in the old world, but my girl is getting real tired of feeling heavy. She was admitted to the hospital for one night last day because of low iron. She got a blood transfusion and the both of us got a free lunch, thanks to the otherwise hated welfare state  :P

As I had to leave her for the night to get back home and get to work the next day, she wept, but just for a minute. She's in a foreign country, must talk english and stay the night without me and she takes it with no complaints! These girls are sweet but they are tough, right?

The midwife who took her images (in a monementary lack of other words) is from Lithuania and as we were sitting there they spoke amongst themselves in Russian. A real hot blonde in her late 20's I guess, not that I was looking, explaining things to my wife in her native tongue...great. She have a bit of a dialect my wife tells, but... great. Later on, a Swedish midwife tell me that it's great having her in the hospital becasue more Russian speaking expecting mothers are coming and even some of them don't speak english.

So this blonde midwife sit down and talk to my wife in Russian and I sit by. I don't mind. I look at a Norwegian man sitting by and he just shake his head, he doens't undertstand either. He also had a white coat on, but I didn't ask about his role in all this. As for the chatter between the girls, I  just understood the word "karasho"... hehe.

Well, my wife lies down and the midwife applied the gel and start examining. At this point we did not know anything and I dared asking the question of weather it's a boy or a girl. The Lithuanian midwife replied as she was pointing to the image saying, see this here, it's the (what do you say in child english?) tisseluren of a boy child!

So story is so far; it's a boy! It's between 3600-3700 grams (perfect size the Swedish midwife said) and it's overdue since Monday. But only negative thing is my wife was pretty low in iron (hemoglobin) and got a blood transfusion later on. She stayed overnight and I brought her home and bought her a low impact stomach impact organic iron supplement along with ascorbic acid. My lovely wife was real happy to come back home again, but happy to experience the birth place for a later return.

The staff there are real professional and caring except one nurse who is in practise to beome a midwife. My wife said she did not know how to do things like applying the thingy for the blood transfusion and an examination "down there" which the experienced teacher midwife did without discomfort whereas the student did with pain. I have promised her that once I'm there with here for the final stage, I will tell them to practise on someone else than a new national in a foreign country having her first child.

Belive me, I'm a real nice gentleman, but when it comes to my wife and my child, I can be very insistent. They were very taken aback when we said we would decline the normal (but out of choice) vitamin K shot. Fortunately we don't have to battle the foolishness of a Hepatitt B shot as in some other countries. I try to be ahead of things so that we can discuss it well advance, which is, perhaps by design, made difficult by western medical practise which in my opinion is run far too much by the drug cartels.

This is however our baby boy. Our responsibility and property, if you will, until he's 18 years of age and we will do whatever we can within our capabilities to make his upbringing and furure as bright as possible.

Offline calmissile

« Reply #247 on: March 01, 2013, 03:33:07 PM »
Natural,

Glad to hear things are going well.  So it's going to be a boy!  There is no greater joy than having children.  I can imagine your mind already busy thinking about all the things you are going to do with him as he grows up.    ;D

Be sure to keep us updated.

Offline The Natural

« Reply #248 on: March 01, 2013, 03:38:15 PM »
Natural,

Glad to hear things are going well.  So it's going to be a boy!  There is no greater joy than having children.  I can imagine your mind already busy thinking about all the things you are going to do with him as he grows up.    ;D

Be sure to keep us updated.

Thank you very much. It's very good to hear.

I will be busy learning all kinds of man things to do which I don't know. Well, at least I know how to go skiing and lift weights. And I have friends who know how to go fishing or ride a snow mobile, hehe.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #249 on: March 01, 2013, 04:15:00 PM »
So you perform well, you started with one and finishes with two without the additionnal extra kilo upper 20 kg needing to be paid to airline operator, he he;  ;D
 :clapping: Congratulations my friend.
My fiancee will be there soon, we will try to start a skype session all (5 now).
See you.

"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541785
Total Topics: 20876
Most Online Today: 1873
Most Online Ever: 12701