It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Confused?  (Read 30067 times)

Offline Daveman

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Confused?
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2011, 05:35:04 AM »
He only posted one photo of a man, and I assumed it was an example of skin colour, not the attractiveness of the male star posted.

That was my impression as well.. examples of skin color...

So, what, exactly, doesn't add up in the OP's 'story'?
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2011, 06:33:12 AM »
FWIW, and not that it matters...

pitbull asked: "...Is this your picture indeed? If yes, or if you look 90% close to this man, you'll have no problem in Russia...."

The response was: "...Yes, I look like this man exactly- a doppelgänger to be exact....."
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2011, 06:44:50 AM »
That was my impression as well.. examples of skin color...

Indeed. 'Enquiring' minds want to know.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline SurgeonInWater

« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2011, 07:27:22 AM »
Actually no, I thought it was pretty obvious he was talking of looking like that dude - who is a famous Indian actor AFAIK. After reading the OP again, there is some ambiguity there so I can see why people may be confused.

Exactly. In fact, I've been told, ever since I was a child, that I look like this man. I am obviously not going to post my actual picture up in this age of reverse image search and privacy invasions. Besides, how does it matter anyhow? I only wanted to give members an idea that skin color would most likely not be an issue. In any case, I am not here to prove the veracity of my claims, so believe what you want to believe. You can never please the eternal skeptic.

As far as FSU women are concerned, I have dabbled in Elenas Models and some other websites and I am going to ask my Russian friends about any social networking sites for people who live in Russia (I tried Mamba and it turns out the nearest person is over 30 miles away- and that person is the only result- and does not meet my preferences) Any recommendations?

Offline GoodOlBoy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2011, 07:35:34 AM »
For a surgeon, you seem to spend a lot of time on the internet.
Maybe in-between patients?

GOB
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 07:37:38 AM by GoodOlBoy »
“For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo......... Geronimo E.K.I.A.”

Offline SurgeonInWater

« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2011, 07:41:17 AM »
For a surgeon, you seem to spend a lot of time on the internet.
Maybe in-between patients?

GOB

Perhaps you can ask to see a copy of my medical license and tax returns while you're at it.

According to you, I'm a bisexual quack surgeon who spends waay too much time on the internet. Note that not once did I mention that I was a surgeon. Of course, I wouldn't expect the average layman who hasnt endured 33 years of rigorous schooling to understand common medical terminology. Like I said, people believe what they want to believe. I'll leave it at that.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2011, 07:42:43 AM »
Consider yourself 'honored.' GOB is zeroing on you.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Misha

« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2011, 08:39:43 AM »
I tried Mamba and it turns out the nearest person is over 30 miles away- and that person is the only result- and does not meet my preferences

How can that be your only result? Change the location of your search. Try Russia, for example, not specifying any city in particular and see what you get.

Offline ECOCKS

• To those who deserve it, good luck.
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2011, 09:07:18 AM »
Perhaps you can ask to see a copy of my medical license and tax returns while you're at it.

According to you, I'm a bisexual quack surgeon who spends waay too much time on the internet. Note that not once did I mention that I was a surgeon. Of course, I wouldn't expect the average layman who hasnt endured 33 years of rigorous schooling to understand common medical terminology. Like I said, people believe what they want to believe. I'll leave it at that.

Radar works in both directions.

Let it go GOB, the fantasy crowd don't see/smell anything here.

It will just be another pissing match while he plays out his game.

Pick and choose carefully among the advice offered and consider the source carefully. PM, Skype or email if you care to chat or discuss

Offline Gator

« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2011, 09:40:43 AM »
SIW,

:welcome:

I don't have much time these days, so here is my quick assessment: 

Our new friend SIW is not shy about claiming he is "good looking," physically fit,  intelligent, educated, tall, not old, and financially "successful" in a private ophthalmology practice. 

So with all these attractive qualities, how has he fared with AW (he knows AW because he is a born and raised American)? 

Having said that, I will tell you why I am looking abroad for marriage prospects- I am tired of the AW and her ways. Maybe its just the ones I've met- but all of them have been absolute nightmares and have left me worse for wear.

"All of them.....nightmares?"  I find that incredulous given his stated qualities, leaving only one explanation if his story is true:

SIW perhaps has personality flaws that conflict with the "independent, confident, funny" women he seeks. 

His explanation:

Maybe it was because I was in medical school at the time and could not devote enough time to the relationship- but nevertheless, it was a bad time all around.

Fact:  young doctors are pursued by women who will accept lack of attention and some other faults just to have the chance of marriage.  The woman's threshold for pain is high.  Yet all the women he met became nightmares.  I could understand some becoming possessive after he has played with them.  Yet surely after 10-20 years of dating one has met one good woman among the millions available.     

There is another clue.  GQ was trying to help SIW by steering him away from women in the FSU.  SIW's response was to suggest GQ may be jealous of SIW's desirable qualities for attracting women.   [ BTW, GQ has darker skin than the "double" in the photo, and GQ is long married to a Siberian beauty pageant shoo-in.]  What well-adjusted man would immediately accuse GQ of jealousy?

Another clue.  Why ask the "race question"?  A man with confidence and "porcelain skin" would not feel the need to ask such a question.  One day of flirting on Elena's Models would remove any doubt.

Frankly, I am amazed that no one at RWD has picked up on this.  Most of us suspect that there is more than meets the eye when a man blanketly discards if not disrespects all of his female peers as unacceptable.   We all know that whatever prevents a good relationship with an AW will eventually manifest itself again with FSUW. 

Maybe it is time for some introspection rather than looking for "greener grass."  SIW, a suggestion: you understand the eye.  Turn it inward. 

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2011, 09:55:09 AM »
Turn it inward.

Good advice for everyone on the forum, not just SIW.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Misha

« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2011, 10:02:22 AM »
Most of us suspect that there is more than meets the eye when a man blanketly discards if not disrespects all of his female peers as unacceptable.

Others take it for granted, as most men posting (70% 80%? 90% or higher?) will pretty much say the same thing though perhaps less eloquently ;)

Offline SurgeonInWater

« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2011, 10:08:11 AM »
Here we go again with the assumptions... Now I have personality flaws. Let me guess 1/4 of the forum members are amateur psychologists/detectives? Some of you could give Sherlock Holmes a run for his money.

Besides, why would I be the one possessing these "flaws" dear psychiatrist? Perhaps you can enlighten me on your thought process.

" Yet all the women he met became nightmares.  I could understand some becoming possessive after he has played with them.  Yet surely after 10-20 years of dating one has met one good woman among the millions available."

I wasn't aware that there were millions of women that fit my personal preferences. Dated for 10-20 years? So I was dating at age 13? Good woman? Wow.

"There is another clue.  GQ was trying to help SIW by steering him away from women in the FSU.  SIW's response was to suggest GQ may be jealous of SIW's desirable qualities for attracting women.   [ BTW, GQ has darker skin than the "double" in the photo, and GQ is long married to a Siberian beauty pageant shoo-in.]  What well-adjusted man would immediately accuse GQ of jealousy?"

Could care less about GQ. Helping me? If he wanted to help me he would stick to the topic. Leave it up to me to decide who is well adjusted.

"Another clue.  Why ask the "race question"?  A man with confidence and "porcelain skin" would not feel the need to ask such a question.  One day of flirting on Elena's Models would remove any doubt."

Except I DID check it out, and the majority of profiles indicated "White/Caucasian" as a preference. Why would I bother sending a narrow minded individual a message? That is why I am here in the first place.

"Frankly, I am amazed that no one at RWD has picked up on this.  Most of us suspect that there is more than meets the eye when a man blanketly discards if not disrespects all of his female peers as unacceptable.   We all know that whatever prevents a good relationship with an AW will eventually manifest itself again with FSUW."

I am amazed at your confidence in making unsubstantiated claims- frankly, I find it abnormal that you would care so much about the private life of an anonymous person on the Internet so as to pick apart posts looking for non existent "evidence" And disrespects all his female peers? Nice conclusion there, Freud. Complete Hogwash.

"Maybe it is time for some introspection rather than looking for "greener grass."  SIW, a suggestion: you understand the eye.  Turn it inward."

Here's a gem: Stick to the topic.

Offline ECOCKS

« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2011, 10:32:15 AM »
quoting from SIW (the OP who claims he never said he was a surgeon...)

Here we go again with the assumptions... Now I have personality flaws. Let me guess 1/4 of the forum members are amateur psychologists/detectives? Some of you could give Sherlock Holmes a run for his money.

LOL, yeah, we've seen this before and been right more often than not, so yep.

Besides, why would I be the one possessing these "flaws" dear psychiatrist? Perhaps you can enlighten me on your thought process.

Why because you're the one who sought out a website where you could present yourself, taking some of the burden off the load your narcissism has loaded onto your psyche.

"Yet all the women he met became nightmares.  I could understand some becoming possessive after he has played with them.  Yet surely after 10-20 years of dating one has met one good woman among the millions available."I wasn't aware that there were millions of women that fit my personal preferences. Dated for 10-20 years? So I was dating at age 13? Good woman? Wow.

Yeah, "WOW". That was my thought at your claim of "33 YEARS of rigourous schooling". You started that program right as you exited the womb?

"There is another clue.  GQ was trying to help SIW by steering him away from women in the FSU.  SIW's response was to suggest GQ may be jealous of SIW's desirable qualities for attracting women.   [ BTW, GQ has darker skin than the "double" in the photo, and GQ is long married to a Siberian beauty pageant shoo-in.]  What well-adjusted man would immediately accuse GQ of jealousy?"Could care less about GQ. Helping me? If he wanted to help me he would stick to the topic. Leave it up to me to decide who is well adjusted.

You need to seek therapy for your ego issues. As a reminder, you came here seeking advice and help. When it threatened your fantasy you immediately went on the offensive. As I (and others) said we've seen this before, you're the newbie.

"Another clue.  Why ask the "race question"?  A man with confidence and "porcelain skin" would not feel the need to ask such a question.  One day of flirting on Elena's Models would remove any doubt."Except I DID check it out, and the majority of profiles indicated "White/Caucasian" as a preference. Why would I bother sending a narrow minded individual a message? That is why I am here in the first place.

No, you're here for validation of your fantasies and control issues in relationships. That's clear to a few folks at least.

"Frankly, I am amazed that no one at RWD has picked up on this.  Most of us suspect that there is more than meets the eye when a man blanketly discards if not disrespects all of his female peers as unacceptable.   We all know that whatever prevents a good relationship with an AW will eventually manifest itself again with FSUW."I am amazed at your confidence in making unsubstantiated claims- frankly, I find it abnormal that you would care so much about the private life of an anonymous person on the Internet so as to pick apart posts looking for non existent "evidence" And disrespects all his female peers? Nice conclusion there, Freud. Complete Hogwash.

The hogwash is probably in the little bottle on your sink dude. Your user name wasn't Ambach or one of our favorites from a previous life by any chance?

"Maybe it is time for some introspection rather than looking for "greener grass."  SIW, a suggestion: you understand the eye.  Turn it inward."Here's a gem: Stick to the topic.

And a gem for you, stick to AW. The FSUW are going to take you to the cleaners. Like others of your ilk though at some point we will begin encouraging you just for the joy of watching you crash and burn....
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 10:54:46 AM by ECOCKS »
Pick and choose carefully among the advice offered and consider the source carefully. PM, Skype or email if you care to chat or discuss

Offline SurgeonInWater

« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2011, 10:54:11 AM »
Is there a way to ignore postings from members? Id appreciate it if the mods kept this on topic.

Mr "ECOCKS" here has been on the offensive since the beginning- ego issues? He is obviously a very insecure man. Look, in sorry if you felt like my story was not a sad one- it shouldn't have to be. You're the one that reeks of jealousy at this point. What, is it unfathomable for you that a young educated and successful man is looking for a FSU? That's says a lot about your own ego. And crash and burn: let me look at my black Amex for a second. Oh, I feel all better now . LOL

And just because it gave me a chuckle: let me tell you something. To get into medical school is not easy. You have to be top of your class in college- and not just some community college, but a highly ranked university. To get into one of those, you have to go to a reputable high school- read:magnet. To get into a magnet HA, you go to a magnet MS. Do I really need to spell it out for you? So yes, in a way it does begin in the womb, wiseguy. Not that you would know.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 10:57:22 AM by SurgeonInWater »

Offline ECOCKS

« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2011, 10:56:34 AM »
Is there a way to ignore postings from members? Id appreciate it if the mods kept this on topic.

Mr "ECOCKS" here has been on the offensive since the beginning- ego issues? You're the one that reeks of jealousy at this point. What, is it unfathomable for you that a young educated and successful man is looking for a FSU? That's says a lot about your own ego.

And just because it gave me a chuckle: let me tell you something. To get into medical school is not easy. You have to be top of your class in college- and not just some community college, but a highly ranked university. To get into one of those, you have to go to a reputable high school- read:magnet. To get into a magnet HA, you go to a magnet MS. Do I really need to spell it out for you? So yes, in a way it does begin in the womb, wiseguy. Not that you would know.

When it comes to comedy, you're right at the top of the list.

There is so much ahead of you. We'll look forward to reading about it in the news.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2011, 11:06:41 AM »

Mr "ECOCKS" here has been on the offensive since the beginning- ego issues? He is obviously a very insecure man. Look, in sorry if you felt like my story was not a sad one- it shouldn't have to be. You're the one that reeks of jealousy at this point. What, is it unfathomable for you that a young educated and successful man is looking for a FSU? That's says a lot about your own ego. And crash and burn: let me look at my black Amex for a second. Oh, I feel all better now . LOL

>>Is there a way to ignore postings from members?<<

Addressing only this part of your post:

To Ignore another Member, the steps are:

1. Select 'Profile' from the menu options toward the top of the page.

2. Look in the left frame for "Buddies/Ignore List" and click on it.

3. You will arrive at the "Edit Buddies" page - so you need to select the tab for "Edit Ignore List."

4. Once on the correct page, simply put the 'name' of the member you wish to ignore into the box and click "Add."

5. If you also wish to ignore any PMs from that member, you must configure your "Personal Messaging Options" so that you do not receive PMs from anyone in your Ignore list.

On a broader issue, let's everyone try to get things back ON-TOPIC and focus less on the person and more on the subject. Give the benefit of the doubt - and ask questions if you do not understand something or find something suspicious.

- Dan

Offline Jumper

« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2011, 12:20:59 PM »
So the topic was racism in the FSU? and it likelyhood of hindering your search?

I think it was fairly well covered,
it certainly exists.

You will likely notice it, although with such a light complexion ,and being a young good looking doctor,
 it's very unlikely it would actually hinder your search there.

Your search would be hindered more by cultural differences and some general misconceptions on both sides of the situation.
Which is the same as most anyone else entering this venture.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2011, 12:43:26 PM »
I believe it would also help if the OP have a facebook page which he can use to 'email' a link to anyone he's interested (EM for instance) in despite their bio saying 'White/Caucasion'. Realizing this crosses the line of possibly 'ignoring' someone's stated preferences, but my personal experience before had told me when these women 'saw' me I was told (mostly) that  *I* didn't really fit their exclusionary group. Whatever that meant...

(I can't say I blame them. I would've jumped at writing me back too,  :P )

As long as the initial offering is simply an 'offered invitation'...

I specifically stated 'facebook' or some likelihood, and not just pictures because usually it'll show interaction with 'friends' that are openly (likely) ethnically diverse. In the case of the OP, he'd mentioned having numerous Rooskie associates so that should be a huge plus...I had set-up a personal web page since my time was pre FB/MySpace era...

A kopek's worth anyway....

btw- allow me to add this caveat. *That was my reality, my factual experience so please note. No supporting scientific citation on that puppy. Sorry. *
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 01:06:28 PM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline TheTraveler

• Married to a Disproportionately Hot Russian Wife
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2011, 12:50:58 PM »
Except I DID check it out, and the majority of profiles indicated "White/Caucasian" as a preference. Why would I bother sending a narrow minded individual a message? That is why I am here in the first place.

If a white European woman is more attracted to white guys, does that really make her "narrow-minded" or a "racist"?

As an example, I've always been attracted moreso to brunettes (my DHRW is a brunette).  Does that make me a "blondist"?  Where does this line of thinking end?

If you were to marry a very-dark Indian woman, your children might not be lilly-white like yourself.  Would that be sub-optimal for you?  Not accusing you of being a racist... Frankly, if that factored into your thinking, it wouldn't bother me in the least.  It's your business, and people should be free to marry who they want without outside influence... After all, you're the one who will have to live with her 24x7 for the rest of your life.

The race card is so overplayed in today's society.  As an accusation, it's become about as effective as background noise, and its overuse pretty much renders the overusers as shallow and irrelevant.  Not saying that's you... Just speaking in general terms.

Offline SurgeonInWater

« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2011, 01:35:51 PM »

If a white European woman is more attracted to white guys, does that really make her "narrow-minded" or a "racist"?

As an example, I've always been attracted moreso to brunettes (my DHRW is a brunette).  Does that make me a "blondist"?  Where does this line of thinking end?

If you were to marry a very-dark Indian woman, your children might not be lilly-white like yourself.  Would that be sub-optimal for you?  Not accusing you of being a racist... Frankly, if that factored into your thinking, it wouldn't bother me in the least.  It's your business, and people should be free to marry who they want without outside influence... After all, you're the one who will have to live with her 24x7 for the rest of your life.

The race card is so overplayed in today's society.  As an accusation, it's become about as effective as background noise, and its overuse pretty much renders the overusers as shallow and irrelevant.  Not saying that's you... Just speaking in general terms.

Good point, and I agree, preferences do not make someone a racist- unless the reasons for having them stem out of ignorant or malignant beliefs. But having a preference for race, IMO does make someone narrow minded, only because they havent seen/met all people of a specific race- and so they don't know if they might be attracted to an individual of that race. It's like saying "I prefer running to work rather than biking without ever having ridden a bike, or after having ridden a particularly crappy one. Love and attraction are so complex that race should only be minor factor.

And to a large extent, people develop ideas of who they are attracted to based on what they have been exposed to while growing up, whether it's the media, or their family or their environment. So unless they keep an open mind, they will only limit their dating pool.

I mean growing up I encountered plenty of people in high school who were shocked to find that I was Indian- they said something along the lines of "but I thought Indians are like Apu on the Simpsons; dark , ugly and smelly" Butbto some extent you can't blame them- that's the drivel they were fed as kids.

Finally, IMO, an attractive person of any race should be considered attractive universally, at least to people with similar tastes/ preferences.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 01:45:11 PM by SurgeonInWater »

Offline SurgeonInWater

« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2011, 01:49:44 PM »
I believe it would also help if the OP have a facebook page which he can use to 'email' a link to anyone he's interested (EM for instance) in despite their bio saying 'White/Caucasion'. Realizing this crosses the line of possibly 'ignoring' someone's stated preferences, but my personal experience before had told me when these women 'saw' me I was told (mostly) that  *I* didn't really fit their exclusionary group. Whatever that meant...

(I can't say I blame them. I would've jumped at writing me back too,  :P )

Will do. That's a good idea. Just curious, what do you mean by didn't fit their exclusionary group- was it race or skin color?

I think I've gotten a fairly wide range of opinions here. Keeping the pertinent advice in mind, I'll try to cast a wide a net as possible and see what happens.
I'm glad that things aren't hopeless. Will keep you posted, time permitting.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 01:53:35 PM by SurgeonInWater »

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #97 on: September 09, 2011, 02:32:11 PM »
To be honest with you, I never really asked. I have an opinion as to what this eluded to but since I dismissed it altogether, with or without their response, it is utterly irrelevant. I'm not being coy.

One thing I will add, I believe Russians are 'more' nationalists than racists. IMO, I believe there's a distinction between the two. Now I'm not saying some/many/few are not racist to the real sense of the word, but I think there's a bit of truth in that.

Dont' forget, the Soviet Union included the 'stans and for all intent and purposes they aren't all exactly 'white'. Cubans studied in Moscow for years and a ton of Russians still resides in Cuba.

My in-laws originally thought I resembled an Uzbek in appearance and largely the reason why they were rallying for me, LOL. The first thing I told Popski when I first saw him was I was sorry I disappointed him. He laughed. He still thinks I'm the best thing coming since sliced bread.

But this is all beyond your purpose. As far as dating is concerned, I don't ever remember any woman giving me an ounce of apprehension due to my ethnicity. I certainly don't even dwell in any bit of it myself. As a matter of fact, more times than not I believe it was/is a huge advantage for me. You should too as well. It has always been about having that confidence in you that matters. Overall, even the fact I looked like a despised Roma, I had overwhelmingly positive reception from the Czech and Slovak felines as well...you feel like that commercial, you know...

"...When he went to Rome, the Romans did what he did...:P

I have a great *Indian* story to share with you during one of my travels to Russia if you're interested. Native American, that is....
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 02:36:03 PM by GQBlues »

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #98 on: September 09, 2011, 03:56:35 PM »
He still thinks I'm the best thing coming since sliced bread.
I always wondered why on earth that could be considered the epitome of gourmet excellence :-\. When I lived in London, they were running TV ads saying: "Make Hovis your daily bread."

I tried it once and it was VERY disapponting, only good for toasts, at most :(. I don't think the Anglo-Saxons have the slightest clue about what GOOD bread should be like ;).
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline I/O

« Reply #99 on: September 09, 2011, 04:51:08 PM »
I'm a bisexual quack surgeon who spends waay too much time on the internet.
Quite a list of credentials you've racked up there.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541781
Total Topics: 20876
Most Online Today: 1660
Most Online Ever: 12701