It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Anti-fascist news  (Read 51699 times)

Offline Steamer

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Anti-fascist news
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2015, 11:39:26 AM »

He takes his marching orders from Moscow and, like you, he views Ukrainians with utter contempt.

Marching orders? What exactly do they tell him to do? And who is they in Moscow?
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2015, 11:43:48 AM »
moby has posted about it. 

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline fathertime

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2015, 11:45:17 AM »

Manny is not known for posting the truth when it comes to Ukraine.

He takes his marching orders from Moscow and, like you, he views Ukrainians with utter contempt.

Don't know much about Manny's posts aside from what he posts here,  but I do know that YOU often post things packaged as indisputable truth but are actually only opinion.   Not always, but sometimes. 

I don't think Steamer or Manny have 'utter contempt' for Ukraine.

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline AkMike

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2015, 11:45:40 AM »
 :rules:

And in a handful of replies, you got a mod threat/edit, accusations of conspiracy sites and pollution with western propaganda. Here they will drown out your topic with white noise and/or find another way to make it go away.

Amazingly like the 'brass' at another site. What a coincidence!  :rolleyes:

Offline The Natural

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2015, 11:48:20 AM »

I don't view Ukrainians With utter contempt! I view anyone (Ukrainian, American, Norwegain, etc) that support the war in Donbass, With utter contempt. See the difference?

Offline mhr7

« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2015, 11:50:52 AM »

Don't know much about Manny's posts aside from what he posts here,  but I do know that YOU often post things packaged as indisputable truth but are actually only opinion.   Not always, but sometimes. 

Fathertime!

Go look at his forum. He not only has utter contempt for Ukraine but also for all things American. It's one of the reasons why so many folks who used to post there have come here, myself included.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 12:29:50 PM by mhr7 »
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline Boethius

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2015, 11:52:06 AM »

Fathertime!

I was referring to Natural, not Steamer.

I used to have a footer which clarified that everything I post is my opinion.  If you are too dense to figure that out, it's your problem, not mine.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline AkMike

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2015, 11:55:53 AM »
I don't view Ukrainians With utter contempt! I view anyone (Ukrainian, American, Norwegain, etc) that support the war in Donbass, With utter contempt. See the difference?

That's the same as we feel about anyone that supports the Russian invasion of Ukraine or any other sovereign nation.

Contemptible 18th century behavior. But then that's expected from a 4th world nation.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2015, 11:59:33 AM »

Nobody supports the war.  What they may support are their troops, who are fighting after being attacked.

Remember, it was not Ukrainian soldiers who attacked Crimea.  It was not Ukrainian soldiers who protested in Donetsk and began kidnapping and murdering citizens, the first among them, a 16 year old from Western Ukraine, who spoke no Russian.  He'd moved to Donetsk to study as a welder when he was kidnapped off the street, tortured, and murdered.  Or an Evangelical family who were kidnapped and murdered for the "crime" of not being Orthodox.  Or the Evangelical minister who suffered the same fate. 

Russian forces, and Russian agents (such at the self proclaimed "leaders" of the "independent republics" brought massive arms to these regions.  That is before any shot was fired by a Ukrainian.  Remember, at that time, Ukraine had only an acting president.

BTW, FT, that is not opinion, that actually is a synopsis of the facts.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2015, 12:00:46 PM »

You routinely call Ukrainians Nazis.  Do you do so without contempt?

Offline sleepycat

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2015, 12:06:56 PM »

Contemptible 18th century behavior. But then that's expected from a 4th world nation.

It's not all doom & gloom...
At least the Russkies still have the privilege of being a vassal state to China.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2015, 12:24:56 PM »

I used to have a footer which clarified that everything I post is my opinion.  If you are too dense to figure that out, it's your problem, not mine.

Nobody cares about your  previous 'footer'.   Some lawyer-like, all-encompassing disclaimer doesn't excuse you.  Sometimes you post opinion, cloaked as fact.  I bring this up because you are accusing others of not posting the truth.  I think people post the truth as THEY SEE IT, including YOU.  I'm sure there is room for more than one viewpoint (including Manny's) on the subject of Ukriane/Russia.   

Fathertime!   

Offline Boethius

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2015, 12:31:33 PM »
It was because of idiots like you that I put it up.  I believe vrvw has one as well.  Mine was an e-card.  It was not lawyerly, just a clarification for the grey matter challenged among the posting population.

Natural is not posting the truth.  Nor is Manny.

Manny has stated time and again that Donetsk is Russians wanting to "return home".  The fact is that the majority population of those regions were ethnically Ukrainian.  The only area that had a majority ethnically Russian population was Donetsk.  So, he was not posting truth.  He was posting Russian propaganda.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2015, 12:38:45 PM »
It was because of idiots like you that I put it up.  I believe vrvw has one as well.  Mine was an e-card.  It was not lawyerly, just a clarification for the grey matter challenged among the posting population.

Natural is not posting the truth.  Nor is Manny.

Manny has stated time and again that Donetsk is Russians wanting to "return home".  The fact is that the majority population of those regions were ethnically Ukrainian.  The only area that had a majority ethnically Russian population was Donetsk.  So, he was not posting truth.  He was posting Russian propaganda.

You seem to be into name-calling today. 

I'm not familiar with every little thing Manny, The Natural, Steamer, or anyone else has posted.  When there is something posted that you believe is false, it seems to me you can address that specific point with factual information and make your own point or prove your case...without crying 'idiots'.  Not everything you have posted as fact has borne out to be the case either.

Fathertime!     

Offline Boethius

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2015, 12:51:24 PM »
None of which changes my riposte to you.  Your response was idiotic.  You assume too much.

Links which basically state that Russia has no soldiers, no weaponry, and no interest in Ukraine, which is what most of Manny's links state (or did, when I read them, together with the obligatory "It's all the US" fault") are fabrications.  There is plenty of evidence which prove otherwise.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2015, 12:57:43 PM »
Oh, and globalresearch, Natural's first link in this thread, is a known anti-American, anti-Ukrainian site that has posted a significant amount of false information, and pulls a lot of its Ukraine content from RT. 

Offline jone

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2015, 12:58:31 PM »

Yeah, last I heard, you are married to a Ukrainian.  And the better man for it, at that.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline fathertime

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2015, 12:59:00 PM »
None of which changes my riposte to you.  Your response was idiotic.  You assume too much.

Links which basically state that Russia has no soldiers, no weaponry, and no interest in Ukraine, which is what most of Manny's links state (or did, when I read them, together with the obligatory "It's all the US" fault") are fabrications.  There is plenty of evidence which prove otherwise.

I think YOU assume too much. 

I haven't discussed the 'no soldiers, no weaponry' blah blah, so YOU are creating a straw man.  I think it is idiotic of YOU to make this fallback argument at this time, when nobody is actually even discussing that particular point.   Now regarding the US having some culpability, I believe there is some truth to that...maybe quite a bit.

Fathertime! 

Offline jone

« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2015, 01:02:07 PM »
Go look at his forum. He not only has utter contempt for Ukraine but also for all things American. It's one of the reasons why so many folks who used to post there have come here, myself included.

You, Sir,

Are most welcome.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Boethius

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2015, 01:03:39 PM »

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=19683.msg406489#msg406489

Once again, it's not all about you.  I was referring to Manny's posts, since you raised them.

But on the theme -

A Russian Internet group called “Anonymous International” has leaked what it claims is a “tyomnik”—a list of prepackaged news stories prepared by the Kremlin for Russia’s central television news stations. The group does not name its source for the document, but the whistleblower says Vladimir Putin’s administration is the author.

The
tyomnik (see below for a translation of the first two sections) instructs TV journalists to justify Russia’s recent annexation of Crimea, to laud President Putin’s efforts to develop the region, and even to advertise Crimea’s tourist season, on which the local economy desperately relies. (Russian journalist Ilya Barabanov joked that the talking points for Crimean vacations—“nearby, safe, among our own people”—are oddly similar to the slogan for the Sochi Olympics: “hot, cool, yours.”)   The document also coaches television news stations to propagate an apocalyptic description of events in the Ukrainian heartland, where criminals and fascists supposedly run wild.

http://globalvoicesonline.org/2014/03/28/anonymous-international-leaks-kremlins-instructions-to-russian-tv/

That last bit sounds rather familiar, doesn't it?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 01:05:29 PM by Boethius »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2015, 01:20:09 PM »
Despite presenting itself as a source of scholarly analysis, Global Research mostly consists of polemicists, many of whom accept (and use) conspiracy theories, pseudoscience and propaganda. The prevalent conspiracist strand relates to global power-elites (primarily governments and corporations) and their New World Order. Specific featured conspiracy theories include those addressing 9/11, vaccines, genetic modification, Zionism, HAARP, global warming, Bosnian genocide denialism, chemtrails, and David Kelly.

Globalresearch contributors are happy to source information from anyone who seems vaguely aligned with their ideology; during the 2011 Libyan civil war the site was an apologist for Muammar al-Gaddafi, reproducing his propaganda and painting him as a paragon of a modern leader. In the 2014 Ukrainian crisis the site is taking the standard "anti-globalisation" stance against the Western side and falling into the ranks of imperial Russian propaganda instead.

Globalresearch also has published numerous articles written by contributors to New Eastern Outlook, a Moscow-based Russian Government propaganda site. It has published the same articles on the same day as Oriental Review, a Moscow-based site that is also almost certainly a Russian Government site.

It's no surprise then that the site has long become a magnet for radicals, fringe figures and whacko elements from the left in general.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Globalresearch.ca

« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 01:22:03 PM by Boethius »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2015, 01:45:47 PM »

Your posts, even the title thread here, suggests otherwise.

How many people do you know in Donbass?  I know dozens.  My BIL's family is from there, living in Donetsk, in Debaltseve, and in a village outside Debaltseve.  These are their ancestral lands, and all of them are ethnic Ukrainians.  Not one supports the terrorists.  Not even one.  And here you are, suggesting that they must be fascists!

Offline fathertime

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2015, 01:53:18 PM »
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=19683.msg406489#msg406489

Once again, it's not all about you.  I was referring to Manny's posts, since you raised them.

Actually YOU brought up Manny and his posting history after he made a remark on this thread.  Perhaps you have a beef with him. 

I seem to recall reading here before that posters should not talk about what is posted on other Russian discussion boards....That seems fair to me, as who knows what was posted elsewhere and in what context.  It would seem the wise thing to do would be address individual points that are brought up without name-calling...hence the conversation moves FORWARD rather than sideways or backwards. 

Fathertime! 

Offline Boethius

« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2015, 01:55:54 PM »
You claimed you don't think Manny has utter contempt for Ukraine.

That is false.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2015, 02:04:17 PM »
You claimed you don't think Manny has utter contempt for Ukraine.

That is false.

According to you he has an utter contempt for Ukraine....I have my doubts.  Perhaps he will follow-up and say one way or another, and I will be proved wrong.  I tend to think he is merely voicing his opinion, which is more pro-Russian, anti-westernization.  I assume it is OK to come from that viewpoint, not everybody has to love everything about the west and what we do...there is definitely a grey area.. :D

Fathertime!   

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541781
Total Topics: 20876
Most Online Today: 1651
Most Online Ever: 12701