It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Struggle For Ukraine  (Read 312172 times)

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1575 on: April 06, 2022, 02:07:25 PM »
Gozpedy,
I warned Russians about this, but even the ones who pay me, don’t wanna listen, cuz then they’d have to “do something” and Russians are really, really bad at this game when it comes to the “doin”

shto te gavorite?

Well moy druzya, one of the biggest drug markets in the Moscva oblast was just seized  by “unfriendly forces”

http://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/05/darknet-hydra-market-site-seized-and-shut-down-doj-says.html

no longer will there be russki dopers wandering around Gorky at night in the light of their cell phone screens, lookin for their drop location, like a nighttime easter egg hunt

I showed Russians how to have a decentralized system, where the SERVERS run on cell phones
buy NYET!!! they didn’t wanna change things….

Yalky Palky

so glad I’m outta there and retired from "the bizness"

if USA would allow "privateers" and let us keep the loot, I'd totally swich sides
and I know how to do REAL DAMAGE there
but no, they're against this idea...
so I'm neutral, like Israel...
American offensive cyber security operations are conducted by young amateurs
with very little knowledge of enemy territory and next level "tricks of the trade"
they're OK on low level penetration testing, etc, but they need a teacher for the top level

see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/780th_Military_Intelligence_Brigade_(United_States)
on top of that, they're riddled with moles
Snowden and his girlfriend lived close by and were just two of many who live and work there
2nd biggest mole habitat is silicon valley

It's good that you have gone away from the blast.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1576 on: April 06, 2022, 02:16:00 PM »
not a fan of Russian "metal music" or any metal music
if that's what you're referring to
BUT there is a lot of contemporary Russian music that I do appreciate

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1577 on: April 06, 2022, 03:56:21 PM »
This is why rwd is mistaken. Russia may achieve military “victory”, if they throw everything at Ukraine. But they won’t be able to maintain it, as they have already alienated populations everywhere they have been on Ukrainian lands.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/interactive/2022/russian-soldiers-beat-torture-ukrainian-villagers/

If Mariupol is anything to go by it looks like the old strategy of deportations of Ukrainians into the depths of Russia and later replacement with ethnic Russians is what they will do. Mariupol is mostly shelled out so no homes for many Ukrainians at the moment in any case. My guess is that Russia will 'Russify' all the land and cities it conquers. If Ukraine can be as successful at keeping Russia out of its cities in the East and South of Ukraine and in doing so Russia's second offensive fails then they might be in with a chance of winning this war. Again Ukraine would have to push Russian forces back and retake the Donbass & Crimea.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1578 on: April 06, 2022, 10:05:17 PM »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1579 on: April 06, 2022, 10:17:02 PM »
Hmm 🤔

http://m.jpost.com/international/article-703061/amp

I guess all that archaeological evidence of Jerusalem, even Old Testament stories, was faked. 🤷‍♀️
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

Offline Boethius

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1581 on: April 07, 2022, 12:16:15 AM »
This is a very good article, although it misses a couple of points about Ukrainian malfeasance prior to 2014. I hope the token works.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/merkels-toxic-legacy-germany-nears-a-reckoning-over-ties-to-russia-7lgms9vz8

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1582 on: April 07, 2022, 01:21:30 AM »
Russian losses may be higher than Ukraine’s estimate (which I assumed was overstated).

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2022/4/5/2090250/-Ukraine-update-Russia-s-real-losses-in-Ukraine-may-be-greater-than-even-Ukraine-believes
I do agree with the analysis except:The number of planes is too high in a proportion of 4 to 1and the number of helicopters is also too high but in a lower proportion (around 2 to 1)
For the main battle tanks today it could be 900. But 676 is a pretty conservative number.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1583 on: April 07, 2022, 02:54:53 AM »
Russian losses may be higher than Ukraine’s estimate (which I assumed was overstated).

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2022/4/5/2090250/-Ukraine-update-Russia-s-real-losses-in-Ukraine-may-be-greater-than-even-Ukraine-believes

One can only hope so.

The less of that murderous horde alive in Ukraine the better...and the more chance of the Ukrainian military winning.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 02:59:07 AM by Chelseaboy »
Just saying it like it is.

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1584 on: April 07, 2022, 07:25:37 AM »
Australia,New Zealand,Japan,South Korea,Taiwan all at the NATO meeting today...as the threat of China in the Pacific looms.

As the days go by World War 3 looms ever-closer it seems.

Offline Boethius

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1585 on: April 07, 2022, 07:55:11 AM »
Another interesting article. I think the failure to hold Nuremberg like trials of the communist party, and barring communists from holding power, was a huge reason why we are where we are.

http://www.newstatesman.com/comment/2022/04/the-problem-isnt-just-putin-its-russia

Offline steveh1155

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1586 on: April 07, 2022, 08:10:32 AM »
Ive told them.that since day one.
They dont have a place to go out of Ukraine
 nor do they want to,  nor are they willing to.leave unless its all.ruble.
They are also terrified to.leave as reports of what happens on.the outskirts of the city travel.fast .
They could go to the relatives in a village in central Ukraine north west of kirov rog if they could get transportation,but I highly doubt they would even.if it was available.

I've tried to get all my wife's family members to leave as well...some did evacuate to the west, some made it to Poland, Holland and Hungary, but some have flat out refused to go.
The ones that stayed are mostly in a village just south of Kyiv. So far just a couple missle strikes there, no Russia troops. My wife's sister in law did see a Russian recon drone over her house 3 weeks ago, the local Ukrainian defense force shot it down and pieces of it landed in her yard. We no longer talk to our Russian friends...they seem to live in their own reality now.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 09:46:55 AM by steveh1155 »

Online Brillynt

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1587 on: April 07, 2022, 08:27:52 AM »
Mariupol City Council: Russia uses mobile crematoriums to erase evidence of its war crimes.

According to the council, Russia’s special brigades collect and burn the bodies of murdered residents. Tens of thousands of civilians may have been killed in Mariupol, it added.
“The scale of the tragedy in Mariupol the world has not seen since the times of Nazi concentration camps,” mayor Vadym Boychenko said. Russians, he added, “turned our whole city into a death camp.”

http://www.france24.com/en/tv-shows/truth-or-fake/20220228-are-russians-using-mobile-crematoriums-in-ukraine

Offline Admin

• Administrator
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1588 on: April 07, 2022, 09:02:25 AM »
A couple of notable recent developments:

Russian Orthodox Patriarch Kirill delivered a sermon with an ominous message essentially undermining Ukraine's rights to exist as a sovereign nation and people. Article here -> http://religiondispatches.org/the-russian-patriarch-just-gave-his-most-dangerous-speech-yet-and-almost-no-one-in-the-west-has-noticed/

Several media outlets have reported on Russian troop activities in the region of Chernobyl and particularly the fact they dug trenches in the most heavily irradiated regions of the exclusion zone.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/04/07/russian-soldiers-dug-trenches-in-chernobyl-zones-radioactive-soil-ukrainian-official-a77255http://www.thedailybeast.com/russian-troops-suffer-acute-radiation-sickness-after-digging-chernobyl-trenches?ref=scroll

Attributed to Winston Churchill is the quote; "Never let a good crisis go to waste." One can only imagine how the Russians may 'spin' this to escalate the war, especially given their self-imposed deadline of May 9th to show some significant accomplishment to trumpet for their annual Victory Day commemoration.

Offline ML

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1589 on: April 07, 2022, 09:21:30 AM »
I thought this was an interesting analysis.

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/europpblog/2022/04/06/do-russians-tell-the-truth-when-they-say-they-support-the-war-in-ukraine-evidence-from-a-list-experiment/

Very interesting.  I am going to check with some people in social sciences area to see if this method of ascertaining truth has been used for other studies.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1590 on: April 07, 2022, 09:28:40 AM »
This is a very good article, although it misses a couple of points about Ukrainian malfeasance prior to 2014. I hope the token works.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/merkels-toxic-legacy-germany-nears-a-reckoning-over-ties-to-russia-7lgms9vz8

The site wants permission to place cookies on my computer.
I never agree to such.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Boethius

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1591 on: April 07, 2022, 09:36:33 AM »
I believe you can reject them.

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1592 on: April 07, 2022, 09:36:46 AM »
Russia has now been suspended from the UN Human Rights Council.

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1593 on: April 07, 2022, 10:03:40 AM »
Putin's spokesman Dmitry Peskov has today admitted "significant" losses of Russian troops in Ukraine in an interview with Sky News.

He's still claiming the horrific scenes in Bucha were "a well- staged insinuation,nothing else " though...despite Satellite images from the 18th March showing otherwise and a Russian Tank shown firing at and killing a Ukrainian civilian on a pushbike.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 10:52:33 AM by Chelseaboy »

Offline Boethius

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1594 on: April 08, 2022, 09:56:58 AM »
The Russian missile that targeted Kramatorsk's train station, as mostly women and children tried to escape.  It says "For the children". 

The level of depravity if absolutely sickening.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1595 on: April 08, 2022, 10:23:23 AM »
You may wonder why Russians are doing this…

the reason is, that the more non-Russians see of these types of images, then the less shock and distress they’ll feel for that which is coming, which is gonna be a WHOLE LOT worse…

at least, that’s what I heard…
so even this image was planned

I think you folks are gonna be surprised at what’s to come…

Offline Boethius

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1596 on: April 08, 2022, 10:35:07 AM »
The Russians have leveled a city, raped females aged 3 to 78, tortured and killed civilians indiscriminately, forcibly removed civilians to the far reaches of Russia, and put Ukrainian children they deported up for adoption. How much worse can it get?

Offline ML

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1597 on: April 08, 2022, 10:45:07 AM »
The Russian missile that targeted Kramatorsk's train station, as mostly women and children tried to escape.  It says "For the children". 

The level of depravity if absolutely sickening.

But of course there will always be the question of when were the letters painted and by whom.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1598 on: April 08, 2022, 12:35:29 PM »
"How much worse can it get?"

When the Russians claim that the Ukrainians were responsible for the gas and not them...

Offline BC

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1599 on: April 08, 2022, 01:02:51 PM »
It sends a chill up my spine to think my wife and I stood on that same train platform 20 years ago on the way to RU. Photos, esp. of the dead kids are truly heartbreaking.

Many have left already, so a good portion of these folks were those who either had no means to travel earlier or had to make very tough choices, like leaving relatives behind that are too frail or ill to travel.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541605
Total Topics: 20870
Most Online Today: 1091
Most Online Ever: 12701