It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Why men find scammers  (Read 11956 times)

Offline Lily

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Why men find scammers
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2007, 08:38:38 PM »
In many ways, by posting on this board, you are interacting with the upper echelon of decent folk.

Nice to hear this, especially if this echelon seems to have their own photos as avatar  ;)

Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline I/O

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2007, 09:50:21 PM »
Serebro: I suspect the reason you are not getting the answers you want to your original questions is "Oh Too Obvious" for you to see. 

You've been quite outspoken regarding the calibre of men on internet sites and I have no doubt you are only quoting your own experience, BUT....have you considered the suitability of your own profile on these websites?  Have you considered the type of websites you are posted on?  Yes, there is plenty of twisted sick old bastards out there dreaming of some young sugar honey and as far as I am am concerned, may they harvest what they sow.

Back to part of your question, why do they complain here?  Hellooooooooooooooo this is a site largely made up of men involved or hoping to be involved with an eastern lady.  Do you really think they are going to come here and say, "Hey I struck a scammer and it is my own fault because I am a bitter, twisted old hillbilly who has never been laid in his life"? Reality check time dear lady. BTW if you read a few threads here, you will notice pretty quickly that most of us who have been around the block a few times are not very tolerant of those who do stupid things and then complain.

What I am failing to understand is the real basis of your complaint.  You purport to be frustrated with these old fools and yet you seem to continue to expose your profile to them on some internet sites.  Strange logic at best.  If the fishing is no good in one creek, why not pack up the rod and reel and go fish where the waters are more fertile.  There is such a proliferation of internet sites that the choices are many and great.  The other thing is that computers, at least mine and I suspect yours also, has a wonderful little thing called a "Delete button".  Use it.  To do otherwise is kinda like putting a foot in the fire and saying it hurts but not taking the foot out of the fire.

As for the education differential argument.....yawn.  That has long since been hashed out and most who know what they are talking about acknowledge the general school level of education in Russia is often much better than in the west and even up to a certain level within many colleges, but when it comes to the higher end levels of education Russia is generally not "Cutting it" on the world scene with the exception of a few highly regarded Russian educational institutions.

Many Russians find it insulting that their qualifications are not regarded in the west and in many cases need to repeat much of their former education in order to gain access to good work after they move to the west.  The medical profession is a classic example.  However when one sees what I have seen here, one begins to understand why. Those Russian professionals who are products of the handful of high end institutions in Russia very often have little or no problem assimilating into professional life in the west, (The wife of one of the more experienced guys here being a prime example) however many do not fit that category and as such at least in my country, professional standards demand something better. Tough? Maybe, but that's how it is.

Why do men complain about being scammed when they have deliberately continued to expose themselves to the possability? Why do you complain about old fools writing to you?  Me thinks the answer is pretty much the same for both.  That is, everyone else is at fault and not me. Very common human failing.

I/O   
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 10:30:21 PM by I/O »

Offline Jazzyclassy

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2007, 10:37:49 PM »
Dear sweet boys wait a second , relax and take a deep breath

Serebro is  talking a business here, of course maybe not so smooth  as you got used to a much more sweet and gentle approach :P but  50 % of what she is talking about is absolute truth and a lot of people in Russia think like that , as a person who is doing a little statistics for my own curiosity interest I can tell, russian women are already looking into that dating business with a scary eyes and probably will think millions of times before they sit close to computers and start their interactive search for  husbands!:))))

Believe me our sweet amazing gorgeous boys you all claim here how you know Russian culture and history and traditions , that you apparently  forgot that  or do  not know the reality in Russia a problem of Age gap here is very rare, as young guys marry young girls and old guys marry old women , it is only like 2%  of people are doing this age gap in Russia. It is not normal according to Russian model of  the Family and We told you this millions of times yet you can not obviously get it and try to defend yourself in a ridiculous manner  telling  complete nonsense not relating to this particular question:)! Simply to say We tell you one thing You can not get it or pretend  that you can not and You tell us completely different things in order to justify your behaviour and your actions!

Serebro told another observation I came across when I had a profile on some friends site 2  and a half years ago ,  I also got some messages from old guys but they were searching some friendship :))))) funny really, they were telling about their dreams and wishes that they are so amazing and great but well reality is reality they were old and how they want a young girl to give them a child and so on . I understood these people honestly and  tried to change their point of view as I was younger and did not understand that if these people have such outlook nothing will change that. I understand people  in any age want to be happy and to have a family and things but they do not understand that they go wrong way with nature laws, oh well I better leave this topic or I will  run out of cookies and chocos and tea:))))

So what Serebro wrote I also would like to somehow periphrase  What do they hope for all these old  men with their problems from previous marriage and other statements in life,  while meeting young nice, with good education , never married innocent girls with great dreams of prince on a white horse

What do they want?

Here after this post I will be the enemy of all the greatest amazing guys who are all great in our forum:) I honestly got used to everyone here and feel even a little to blame that I speak out my mind but dearest boys  if thats a burning question for many women here why should I be silent:))

we need only your opinion sweet lapochka boys:)

To Serebro ,

You know , boys here are very sensetive and they are extremely talented here, some got such an amazing writing skills ,some with such a great sense of humour , some are very kind and some are really really wise. I am sure they will understand you and you will understand them :) it is honestly very important to understand people from other culture, I personally consider it to be a gift:)))

So we are all gifted here if we manage to communicate  like that , to discuss such  wide amount of subjects:)

Now would you excuse me sweet lapochkas people, I need to finish my green tea:)

Offline I/O

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2007, 10:52:50 PM »
Jazz: FWIW most of the guys here are not quite as supersensitive as you imagine.  In fact many are pretty hard headed.  We have to be to get mixed up with a Russian woman. :P

However, the bottom line to most of the questions in this thread is this.  Hey it's the internet...!! Get over it...!! It is riddled with idiots, scammers, old fools and young fools alike.  Any of us who are silly enough to put our arm into this pool had better be prepared to wear a long glove or have that arm chewed by all the parasites out there on BOTH sides.

I/O

Offline wxman

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2007, 11:00:31 PM »
Serebro brings up good questions. She told us what happened to her with the internet dating sites. She has a valid question that really has not been answered. Why are 90% of the letters written to her, from men 20+ years older than her that have been divorced multiple times? If this is happening to the majority of young women who post ads, then we have more abnormal men on the internet searching for mates than we have normal men. That in itself makes a person wonder.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting that vote." – Benjamin Franklin -

Offline Jazzyclassy

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2007, 11:09:14 PM »
    We have to be to get mixed up with a Russian woman.

hahah absolutely:)))

If this is happening to the majority of young women who post ads, then we have more abnormal men on the internet searching for mates than we have normal men. That in itself makes a person wonder.       

I agree here too  I guess there are pretty much of an equal situation  in the internet the same amount of pervert women and the same amount of pervert men here , and well sometimes they meet :))) sometimes they meet normal people and then it occurs to be scam:)))  Jokes are jokes honey guys but the problems still exist

Like when I deleted my profiles from those friends sites I breathe easily  absolutely no pervert messages, no crazy offers, only positive people left who became my friends:)

Offline wxman

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2007, 11:16:43 PM »
Now if we could only get the perverted men to communicate only with the perverted women, and leave the normal people for each other, the internet would be a much nicer place. I know, just a pipe dream. So now it time for the  :cluebat:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting that vote." – Benjamin Franklin -

Offline Mir

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2007, 12:17:03 AM »
Talking about Scam, there is True scam and the grey scam

A True Scam is when the person is advertising as a beautiful girl just to defraud men who can be conned. In many cases this is a man using photos of women. Now you can argue that it is the stupidity of the men who get conned this way but they still have a right to complain.

Grey Scamers are like pro-daters who actually are physically what they say but have no intentions to get married while developing relations with several men to get benefits.

As regards the age thing it has been discussed repeatedly.
JC keeps saying that it is abnormal to have a large age difference, yet this seems to be the norm on this site and anyother where AM/WM-FSUW relations are discussed.As yet we have not heard the point of view of many Russian women who are married to men with a large age gap. We all know how internet dating works, men and women put their profile on a site, anyone who likes a profile sends his/her interest to the other. If large age gaps are an abnormality then such coupels cannot be created on the internet. This is because there is a delete button. So every girl who receives an email from a man with a large age gap would just delete it. We all know this does not happen because we all can see so many coupels with large age gaps.
People tend to make friends with others who think like them, so if JC is so much against large age gaps she will have friends thinking the same and presume that all Russian girls think like that.
Then come to think of it, JC fully accepts a couple with large age gap who are her personal friends.

Offline Jazzyclassy

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2007, 01:14:11 AM »
           Then come to think of it, JC fully accepts a couple with large age gap who are her personal friends.       

Yes I do , I absolutely understand , but these couples are extremely unique they are so rare, they are truly both belonging together, not some random crazy couples

They are extremely deep and with a sense of what they need from life and what they need from each other, and they show real commitment and respect and grow in real love together

Such couples I respcet and feel something incredible in their relations I feel they are very strong people :)

Offline Mir

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2007, 02:16:13 AM »
JC

True
That is way we can't pass judgments or criticize others as we don't know, they might be the same.

The point to understand is that some young women do not think that a large age gap is abnormal, only then they show any interest when a man with such an age gap approaches them.
Love at first sight may be possible but love at first email is not. So women who receive emails from men much older need to show some interest before they can find they are for each other. If they feel that the idea of such a gap is absurd/abnormal they should/will just delete the email. :)

Offline Lily

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2007, 02:20:55 AM »
The whole issue on large age differences is based on general prejudice that everyone is a typical sample of his or her age group, and should have the life attitude, perceptions, desires just as people of a certain given age used to have it.

This conception is very strong among people, and is prevalent not only in love but in other things, like suitability for certain jobs, etc.

But we know that lots of things are very individual and may vary.

I think that if we talk about large age gaps among couples, we most likely have to do with at least one person in this couple who is not a typical person for his or her age. A very possible scenario IMHO.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Offline Jazzyclassy

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2007, 03:17:04 AM »
JC

True
That is way we can't pass judgments or criticize others as we don't know, they might be the same.

The point to understand is that some young women do not think that a large age gap is abnormal, only then they show any interest when a man with such an age gap approaches them.
Love at first sight may be possible but love at first email is not. So women who receive emails from men much older need to show some interest before they can find they are for each other. If they feel that the idea of such a gap is absurd/abnormal they should/will just delete the email. :)

Da  I agree and also old guys should not blame young girls that they are not interested , it is normal that they are not interested cos they are interested in young guys:)

They should not call those girls scammers if they are not interested in dating old stuff. And some old guys are like oh she posted her profile there , she is 18 I will write her a letter, then when she is not replying he automatically calls her scammer, when she is just not interested in such old guys, but then they   say oh why then she posted her profile, only old people are like searching for brides on that site or something I know about such phenomenon too

Offline I/O

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2007, 03:19:15 AM »
Yes I do , I absolutely understand , but these couples are extremely unique they are so rare, they are truly both belonging together, not some random crazy couples

They are extremely deep and with a sense of what they need from life and what they need from each other, and they show real commitment and respect and grow in real love together

Such couples I respcet and feel something incredible in their relations I feel they are very strong people :)

And.......if I can hazzard a guess as to who at least one of these couples is, the truth is they are a couple IN SPITE of that age gap and NOT because of it.  Both parties were looking for something quite different age wise in the first instance and both parties have/had quite a nice steady lifestyle in their own respective countries.

As for the validity of age gap relationships, it has been debated over and over.  I've chosen to live with it and although it may sound hypocritical, I don't support people actively seeking age gap relationships.  Will it cost me some friendships?  No, because anyone who goes that way was never a real friend anyway, so my answer to my critics, is live with it or live elsewhere, I'm quite comfortable on this patch.   

As to the discussion about honesty, it would be fair to say that mine and I have been "Brutally Honest" ::) with each other right from the get go.  As for people being conned, as one of the greatest con men in modern history stated, the most difficult man to con is an honest man.  A con is often enhanced by someone trying to get something they are not entitled to, below value or by some degree of deception.  Thus the fool who tells lies and tries it on with the young chickiebabe is setting himself up for it.  Sympathy factor......ZIP...!!

I/O

Edit:  Lily I didn't notice your last line before posting and IMO you have nailed it right to the wall.  Spot on..!!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 03:22:18 AM by I/O »

Offline Mir

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2007, 03:26:18 AM »
JC

Actually it is the other way round: if a pretty 18 year old responds to an email by a 40+ man then he should assume she is a scammer unless proved otherwise

Offline Serebro

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2007, 03:52:01 AM »
Another thing concerning scam, scammers and their photos.

Yesterday  I was PMd, one of the members of the website wrote a message to me offering me to have a talk. I looked through his profile, a poor message, nothing special, but I decided to listen, maybe he would tell me something that would interest me.
He didn't have a photo on his profile, I had 3 of them, the first thing that he said was that he wanted to see my camera to know if I was real. I had a confirmed profile, btw.
When I asked him why I should show my camera to anybody whose image was a dark spot he wrote to me that I am a liar and a fake and he would complain.
Nothing will prevent this idiot to take any girl's photos and to put them on a scammers website just because she didn't want to show her camera to him, her passport and other documents and he felt hurt.

Offline wxman

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2007, 04:31:29 AM »
I really am shocked if this is what all you young ladies are going through on the internet. Do all of you get the same type and amount of garbage that Serebro does? You have really opened my eyes to to what you ladies are dealing with.

Offline Lily

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2007, 04:46:35 AM »
wxman,

One of the biggest problems in online dating is that the men who are present at those sites do often not have an adequate visual representation of themselves. Very often they have no photos in profiles at all, sometimes the photo is very small or obscured so that we are just unable to understand what the man looks like.
I am tired to reply them that I find it very unfair that I keep dozen of my photos and some videos, and they don't think it is necessary for them to do even nearly the same. That really freaks me out.

Sometimes they just want me straight to the webcam saying that I will be able to see them in real time then.

One guy told  'Lily but if I send you my clearer photo you may not like me at all!'  :)

Offline vwrw

• Each post of mine is expression of MHO, not a fact
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2007, 06:02:50 AM »
From wxman:
Why are 90% of the letters written to her, from men 20+ years older than her that have been divorced multiple times?

vwrw: Maybe she is simply losing in the competition for splendid men’s attention and the appropriative age, good-looking, well-educated guys, without children, with good income and ability to discuss science, politics, literature, philosophy, etc simply did not find her ad sufficiently attractive to write to her? And that is why she has come with such a statistics.

Serebro, did you try to change content of your ad? You know, if you want the world around you to change you need to change yourself. Good luck!
If you don't understand something, why the other person is the idiot?
~ A member of this forum.

Offline William3rd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2007, 06:10:12 AM »
Why are 90 % of the letters from men who are 20 years older with multiple divorces? Because that is what about 80% of the men looking are.

I hazard a guess that half of those guys need medication which they are not receiving. A third of those shouldnt be allowed to reproduce-or be allowed out to play with others.

Amazing what the internet has brought. . . . as it is a winnowing process for the man, so it is the same for the women

Offline Serebro

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2007, 06:50:50 AM »
From wxman:
Why are 90% of the letters written to her, from men 20+ years older than her that have been divorced multiple times?

Serebro, did you try to change content of your ad? You know, if you want the world around you to change you need to change yourself. Good luck!

wxman, believe me, I visit russian women's forum and I am not the only one whose "add" attracts mainly old perverts. Many women say that before they found the husband they had to deal with "rubbish" for a few years'time and sometimes they also put their photos of men sending not only old photos but also complain about men sending their naked photos or photos of their naked body parts. thanx God I haven't received that type of photos yet.

Offline I/O

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2007, 07:05:21 AM »
but also complain about men sending their naked photos or photos of their naked body parts. thanx God I haven't received that type of photos yet.

You will.  Just stay there long enough. It is no different to the photos sent to men of naked women.  I lost count of how much of that nonsense I saw.  There is lots of snakes in the "Internet grass" on both sides of the ledger.

I/O

Offline Jazzyclassy

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2007, 08:30:01 AM »
I absolutely approve Serebro's statement before finding a decent guy , many girls have to deal with a lot of crazy old perverts with fairy tales in their  narrow minded heads am sorry.

No matter which profile you have they do not care , they write to everybody the same one type of letter  and wait who will be the most silly to respond

Offline WmGO

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2007, 08:39:58 AM »
What do all these men hope to find?! And what is their model of the family?!
It is hard to believe that so many men hope to find true love and to create a nice family with a teenager!!!

Serebro,

All of your points and observations are valid. And I agree with them.

One thing that you are now probably aware of is that as soon as a RW makes the kind of common sense and common decency observations that you are making in this thread a certain percentage of WM are going to get defensive b/c you are striking some nerves (their pride and self delusion). So instead of conceding the validity of your points, they (some) will try to attack or question you *personally* or just defend and/or rationalize away your clearly valid observations.  I note that even a certain RW who prefers 40+ year age differences has reappeared to engage in this weak and morally bankrupt tactic.  

In addition, and as some of the WM posters have noted, the whole WM pursuing FSUW culture and phenomena is rife with fraud, scams, users and misrepresentations (on both sides). And yes, the majority of WM, and certainly AM, who are involved in pursuing FSUW are the opposite of what I would call the "cream of the crop" in terms of moral integrity, intelligence, masculinity, physical shape, culture, etiquette, broad life experience, etc. and also not having been married multiple times with multiple children in tow. That is just the way it is.

And to be sure, AM and WM  are being sold a fantasy and most have gullibly bought into it. And then there are those who know better, and yes they think they can waltz into Russia or Ukraine and "get" a 15 to 20+ year younger women just because they are American or European. The whole "sytem" stinks and is rotten.

BUT, despite these realities, there is still the chance that two sincere and normal people can find each other through this WM-FSUW "thing". That is also the way it is : an opportunity, a chance, a possibility... nothing more and nothing less.  You have to be wise, careful and cautious and, from your side of the pond this means hitting the delete button often.

Good luck Serebro.

WmGOknows

Offline IAmZon

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2007, 09:02:19 AM »
This topic has everything to do with what LEAGUE a man is in.  and the Famous GENEROSITY / stupidity of women, worldwide:)

I found myself getting SUCKED into this telescope as it applies to other countries... Wait a minute!!!  What about here!

- I am 43 and live in Florida, USA.  I mostly date a 25 year old FSU woman who is so sexy, she stops traffic.  She has choices! Lots of em!  I am lucky that she prefers my company.

- My ex is 44!  and still one of the most beautiful women in any room.  She is dating a 27 year old race driver, and a 32 year old plastic surgeon - those poor bastards will have their hands full:)  But again, these guys have game.

- My 43 year old lawyer (very cool guy, nothing physically special) just had a baby with a 26 year old NICE looking AW.

- I was shooting video on Thursday, and the entire crew were all in their 40s - AND all had drop-dead beautiful and much younger girlfriends and wives. 

The question of physical attraction and age gaps can only be answered on an individual basis, not a cultural one. 

Offline wxman

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2007, 03:57:09 PM »
This topic has everything to do with what LEAGUE a man is in.  and the Famous GENEROSITY / stupidity of women, worldwide:)

I found myself getting SUCKED into this telescope as it applies to other countries... Wait a minute!!!  What about here!

- I am 43 and live in Florida, USA.  I mostly date a 25 year old FSU woman who is so sexy, she stops traffic.  She has choices! Lots of em!  I am lucky that she prefers my company.

- My ex is 44!  and still one of the most beautiful women in any room.  She is dating a 27 year old race driver, and a 32 year old plastic surgeon - those poor bastards will have their hands full:)  But again, these guys have game.

- My 43 year old lawyer (very cool guy, nothing physically special) just had a baby with a 26 year old NICE looking AW.

- I was shooting video on Thursday, and the entire crew were all in their 40s - AND all had drop-dead beautiful and much younger girlfriends and wives. 

The question of physical attraction and age gaps can only be answered on an individual basis, not a cultural one. 

rivardco,

My question is, how many weird guys has the woman you been dating run across before meeting a normal guy like you? I'm sure she has many stories to tell. Talk to any woman friend you have and they will tell you plenty of stories about the strange men they have met or dated in the past. Of course, us men also have similar stories about some of the women we have dated too. 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541782
Total Topics: 20876
Most Online Today: 1548
Most Online Ever: 12701