It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Agencies are bad news  (Read 17935 times)

Offline anono

Agencies are bad news
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2005, 04:26:33 AM »
rvrwind wrote:

Afterall how would you like it if I was to say everyone with your name (whatever it is, as you choose to hide it) are a$$holes? (which I know is not true contrary to your example) 

LOL !!  thanks richard!  i needed a laugh to get the day rolling. the stuff in parens is a gem.

Offline Son of Clyde

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: No Selection
Agencies are bad news
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2005, 04:41:16 AM »
Quote from: jb
You are a resource to your fellow American.

I hope that was posted with tongue firmly in cheek. :cool:[/quote]Sort of like saying jb is a kindly, compassionate man. :D

Offline jb

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Agencies are bad news
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2005, 04:44:43 AM »
jb is a kindly, compassionate man.

This is a very true statement.  Just because you are not the object of my compassion doesn't make it not so.

Offline itstime

Agencies are bad news
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2005, 04:57:28 AM »
I love Clyde. I love Seekandfind. I love jb. I love Rvrwind.

I LOVE YOU ALL GUYS.... kiss kiss.

My compassion knows no bounds.

Now lets get back to real information and tough love, P-L-E-A-S-E...

Offline Son of Clyde

Agencies are bad news
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2005, 05:00:52 AM »
I love you too.

Peace and love and incense.

JB, I think Bruce is alluding to the fact that you need both sides of the coin.

The board needs the perspective of someone just starting out who is making mistakes and trying to correct them. Your advice is mostly technical stuff from someone who has the knowledge of many trips to FSU and 4 years of marriage with no agency involvement.

For the record, I never stated I was pinching every penny. The lady has no concept of a budget and families must budget grocery money and money for new cars, new houses etc. You cannot spend more than your monthly income without a loan and being in further debt. 

How many guys can afford all these things instantly?

JB I respect your opinion but I do think I have something to contribute even if you don't agree with it.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 05:31:00 AM by Son of Clyde »

Offline Kevin

Agencies are bad news
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2005, 05:38:53 AM »
I tend to disregard posters who pretend to be experts on agencies who never used them. Pretend to know how to find a RW/UW but is still single and has the best advice on how to travel when he sits at home everyday.

I'll stick with the comments from the people who are married to RW/UW when asking for advice on how to find the right lady. If you going to find a wife, talk to those who have. Let the singles guys tell you what not to do. This is there expertise.

Agencies are there to provide a service for those who want to use it. There are no requirement to use an agency and each person can search using whatever option is available.

But lets look at the (FACTS). Men who are using honest agencies are getting married.  The ladies who join Honest agencies are looking for men too Marry and Agencies can take care of the travelers daily needs so he can focus on the job of finding the right lady.

We have 2-3 marriage/engagements every month in Kherson. So anyone who said that my agency don't work is either lying or just too plain stupid to admit they are wrong.  The facts speak for themselves.

The only decision someone has to make is do they want to spend 30-40 percent more during there trip and use a honest agency then to come to Ukraine without the help of an agency and try to find the lady on there own.

After spending 3 years in Russian and Ukraine looking. I was able to use both approaches and looking back I never travelled to any city without stoping by the local agency to see what ladies where interested in meeting me. Yes I did meet many ladies on my own. but when I look back most of the ladies I meet on the street where not interested in marriage and the ones I meet in the clubs where just out having fun. It was the ladies that I meet in the agencies that tended to be marriage minded. (FACT).

As far as pricing. Let be real. It cost money to have an agency. I have to spend $300 a month just on advertisment. Google and yahoo isn't cheap.  The cost of having a legal agencies is very high in Ukraine. A home based scam agency can sell flower for $1 each because they are not paying the taxes and office expensive. So for the jerks that believe a honest agency should charge the Ukraine price for service has no ideal of the cost involved in being a honest agency.  Again the prices are normally display on the agencies site and client has the option to use the service or not.

I charge between $45-$55 per night for a Western Style apartment in Kherson. Because it cost me a lot of money to remodel and furnish the apartment to a western standard. So I am not going to rent is for $15 a night to compete with an apartment that had no hot water , Tv, and Dvd player and is located out of the center of kherson.  The same apartment in the USA would rent for $95-$115 per night.  Nor am I going to have my staff go to the local florist and buy a $1 rose and deliver to a lady across town for a markup of $1 on the rose. The 4hr trip isn't worth it. That is why I charge $10-$15 for a rose delivery. Again basic business. If you think you can do better then start your own agency.

Do I believe that agency are a dying business. No. If they were America wouldn't be full of them. I do believe that the Ukraine agency business is going though changes. The scam agencies are learning that they can't stay open and compete against the honest agencies. That is why we are seeing so many attacks against the honest agencies from "hidden posters".  What I am seeing in the "rich guys" that supported so many agencies in the past are no longer the only guys coming to Ukraine. The middle income guy is now the typical client who is traveling to Ukriane on a budget. This has cause the biggest change in the industry. No longer are the agencies with the high end models staying open since these ladies typical were looking for a sugar dady and not just a husband.  It is the average ladies. (still very beautiful) that are the mainstream of the agencies.

Some agencies are changing and become tourist agencies. It isn't uncommon now for agencies to offer tours and social events. Travel arrangement and apartments are not part of package deals.

The bottom line is agencies are not for everyone. But if you want help in finding your lady then I recommend using a honest agency.  There are more honest agencies now operating then there was during my single days. So lets support them and not attack them.  

If you know of a honest marriage agency and it not listed at www.honestmarriageagencies.com let me know off list.

kevin Hayes
Married Agency Owner
http://www.khersongirls.com

Offline Son of Clyde

Agencies are bad news
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2005, 06:00:58 AM »
I found a very good agency but was surprised that Iryna had her profile on file with 2 agencies and her interpreter worked for the other one.

I used my agency to send her gifts and they were always very honest and above board. I never liked the picture taking idea but it gives you the opportunity to see what you purchased as well as knowing she received the gifts and is a real person.

It just so happens these were both honest agencies, so it worked out ok.

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
  • A man paints with his brains and not with his hand
Agencies are bad news
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2005, 06:04:50 AM »
Beware of an agency called russianladies.com and globalladies.com

I ordered an address from them back in the spring.  This month, I noticed a sudden charge on my credit card that read:

[align=left]EUROPEAN CONNECTIONS &, ATLANTA , GA
$29.95[/align]
I traced it back to this agency.  I'm having the charge removed, but it still makes me mad to have to go through the effort of doing so.

Guys, if you use an agency, and I happen to believe the honest ones do have a place, be sure to do your research before giving them your credit number...
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.  michelangelo

Offline Bruce

Agencies are bad news
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2005, 07:16:55 AM »
Kevin - great case for good agencies :)

Micheael - any of the big three as far as I am concerned are extremely suspect.   They are just too big.   As far as I am concerned, when an agency does not know the people they are introducing they are not doing their job properly - so do not deal with them. 
"A word is dead when it is said, some say.  I say it just begins to live that day."  Emily Dickinson

Offline Kevin

Agencies are bad news
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2005, 07:44:59 AM »
[user=65]Michael[/user]

Gloaballadies and russianladies are owned by european Connections. They are the same site with different faces to them. 

These sites are called network sites. It is very common for a large network to have many sites with the same database. For example Khersongirls.com is primary for Kherson and Kievmarriageagency.com is our Kiev agent site primary for Kiev. But we share the same database of ladies.

Just email European Connections and ask for a correction on the billing they have been good about that in the past. If you need the owner email address PM me.

Kevin Hayes
Agency owner

Offline Rvrwind

• Commercial Member
Agencies are bad news
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2005, 07:54:17 AM »
Peace and love and incense

Screw that!!!;)

SEX, DRUGS & ROCK & ROLL BABY!!!!:dude:

:D:P:D

RVR

Canadian Cowboy
Tver Angels Local and International Introductions
Classy Ladies for Discerning Gentlemen

RVR-Canadian Cowboy
Dyin' is easy, it's livin' thats hard!!!

Offline jb

Agencies are bad news
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2005, 12:29:43 PM »
SEX, DRUGS & ROCK & ROLL BABY!!!
:):):)

I caught the broadcast of the Eagles Farewell Tour #1 last night and I was reminded of some really crazy times.

Those guys are some really great old rockers, right up there with Little Feat.

Offline anono

Agencies are bad news
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2005, 12:37:30 PM »
wow. he said little feat.

brings back memories. where's the doobie?...... brothers.:dude:

Offline jb

Agencies are bad news
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2005, 12:40:56 PM »
Little Feat, back in the days before Lowell George off'ed himself with an OD, was the coolest band in America.

Edit:  ZZ Top was also on TV the other day, I was amazed to learn that they are still playing to sold out crowds.  I think the world has come full circle.  Rappers are sucking hind tit, and the old rockers are hangin' in there. I knew there was something good about my generation.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 12:54:00 PM by jb »

Offline anono

Agencies are bad news
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2005, 12:56:07 PM »
we grew up in one of the best eras in modern america. not only were we witness to the civil rights movement, the anti-war (vietman) movment, and the evolution of music from the 60's to the present, i managed to be the perfect age to miss the vietman conflict draft and all subsequent wars of this, ahem, peaceful nation. then there was the space race.. 

they even lowered the drinking age (in IL) just long enough for me to be able to take advantage of it before raising it again.

and then there was the mississippi river festival..... 

some of us were and are truly blessed.

he said little feat. i went back in time today.

as richard remarked..  sex drugs rock and roll

our local version was "peace, love, sex and drugs".......

good thing it doesn't mess with long term memory:cool:

Offline ConnerVT

Agencies are bad news
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2005, 01:11:16 PM »
Quote from: anono

Of course.  We remember exactly as we wish to... ;)

(Brush With Fame edit : I once met Paul Barrere and Fred Tackett fof Little Feat.  They went to college with the brother of an old housemate of mine.  They stopped by to pick him up for dinner before a concert here in VT...)

« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 01:15:00 PM by ConnerVT »

Offline Ste

Agencies are bad news
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2005, 02:46:18 AM »
I once slept in Noel Gallaghers flat.

Was during Euro 96 (Football Tourament) after we'd all tried unsuccessfully to 'convert' the lesbian bar staff in a gay club called Prague 5 just off Canal Street in Manchester's Gay Village (now Anal Treet cos someone rubbed the letters off).

No, I'm not gay, we were hoping for zero competition for any women really.....

Was ok though, we had a Playstation waiting for us in the flat....

As far as North American rockers are concerned, I am a big Neil Young fan, and was a great fan of Roger McGuinn. I've met REM, and lent Peter Buck a plectrum (guitar pick).

Ste

Offline Son of Clyde

Agencies are bad news
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2005, 04:40:51 AM »
IMO Frank Zappa and the Mother's and Captain Beefheart rule.

Van Morrison, Graham Parker and Elvis Costello are my favorite British vocalist/song writers.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 04:45:00 AM by Son of Clyde »

Offline Son of Clyde

Agencies are bad news
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2005, 07:05:01 AM »
Quote from: jb
I caught the broadcast of the Eagles Farewell Tour #1 last night and I was reminded of some really crazy times.

Those guys are some really great old rockers, right up there with Little Feat.

Another misconception on my part.

I pictured you sipping some brandy and listening to old Guy Lombardo records.

Never took you for a rock and roll fan.

Offline Ste

Agencies are bad news
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2005, 07:25:43 AM »
I went to see Duran Duran once and i am deeply ashamed.

And worse to come.

Nadia, 22 yo, is a big A-ha fan. A-ha have unfortunetly reformed and are at Manchester Apollo in December. My mates will kill me if I go. I cannot be seen there......

Is there worse to follow? Does she like Spandau Ballet or Level 42?

I feel it's important to find out what crap music your RW likes.

My taste, of course, is impeccable!

Ste

Offline Son of Clyde

Agencies are bad news
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2005, 07:41:08 AM »
I purchased lp's by Thomas Dolby and Flock of Seagulls in the early 80's.

Still have them somewhere, packed away.

Do you remember the skinny, British singer with the very deep voice? He was popular around 1989, looked very young but had a mature sounding voice. Name might have been Rick Aston (or Astley) and his songs were popular at dances.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 07:56:00 AM by Son of Clyde »

Offline Son of Clyde

Agencies are bad news
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2005, 08:18:36 AM »
Quote from: anono
Huh?

Offline Ste

Agencies are bad news
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2005, 09:52:16 AM »
[user=130]Son of Clyde[/user] wrote:
I purchased lp's by Thomas Dolby and Flock of Seagulls in the early 80's.

Still have them somewhere, packed away.

Do you remember the skinny, British singer with the very deep voice? He was popular around 1989, looked very young but had a mature sounding voice. Name might have been Rick Aston (or Astley) and his songs were popular at dances.

I do, Rick Astley, or Rick Ghastly as we called him! Born in Leigh, Lancs, next town to me!

Now in the bargain bin section....

Ste

Offline Photo Guy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Agencies are bad news
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2005, 03:51:43 PM »
I like the new Duran Duran CD. I'm not embarrassed. Ha.
Nosgtalgia- best concert was The Who performing 'Tommy' at SUNY Stony Brook. I recently found Grand Funk's Red Album(CD) in a used record store in Carlsbad, CA. Still sounds good.
Saw them at SUNY also. Talk about 'foreground' bass. I like everything from Weather Report, to Steely Dan, to Led Zeppelin. I saw Joe Walsh two years ago in a small bar near his home on the coast. Amazing musician, but too loud for that space. My ears are still bleeding...  :D
...hey, this beats the 'bad agency' topic. LOL

Offline KenC

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
Agencies are bad news
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2005, 05:29:07 PM »
Lena and I went to a local charity concert last Christmas time.  They had a lot of "B" or "C" groups/entertainers.  Acts that are either on the rise or decline.  She was very excited that Duran Duran was one of them.  Duran Duran in a live performance is not a pretty sight.  Those guys use more electronic voice tricks than Britney Spears!  Needless to say, there will be no more Duran Duran concerts in our future.

KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541781