It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Good, the bad, the ugly,... Get the truth.  (Read 160222 times)

Offline alex330

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: The Good, the bad, the ugly,... Get the truth.
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2010, 12:21:23 PM »
Ok, so what do you really enjoy about RW?

Offline Amerkanski

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2010, 12:32:08 PM »
Ok, so what do you really enjoy about RW?

The first thing that comes to mind is they will always try to look good. Even if it's just to run to the corner market to get bread. The thing that I admire the most about Russian people is how they truly cherish their children and we Americans can learn a great lesson from them. BUT I do know many Russian children in their 30-40's ;D
Everything I post is considered "my opinion" and honest and straight forward as possible. Don't hate the player but the game.

Offline OmegaSupreme

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2010, 12:36:12 PM »
Oh wise and noble Amerkanski, what sage advice would you impart upon us lowly peons who have never traveled to Russia before?  8)

Offline Amerkanski

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2010, 12:43:12 PM »
Oh wise and noble Amerkanski, what sage advice would you impart upon us lowly peons who have never traveled to Russia before?  8)

Peons? Come on man I can tell you horror stories on my stupid mistakes in Russia...;-) In truth, It probably would be a good book. How about we start with specific questions..? I just pulled off a 24 coding an Internet marketing bot..I still have some coffee left.
Everything I post is considered "my opinion" and honest and straight forward as possible. Don't hate the player but the game.

Offline Blues Fairy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2010, 12:45:25 PM »
Again, I am here to help American men understand Russian women..

That's great.  Suppose a guy who's writing to a sweet, unassuming RW with no issues similar to the ones you've described, comes here and reads your informative posts; how exactly is he supposed to apply this priceless information to his budding relationship?  

Or do you intend your generalizations to be helpful to those writing to the "bad and the ugly", but not quite realizing it yet?  But as soon as they read your informative posts, the "straight truth" will suddenly dawn on them?  :-\

Offline Shadow

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2010, 12:48:36 PM »
RW are brash : yes but not just the women. The Russian society is not yet invaded with being political correct, and people will tell you in straight words what they mean. If you are as American in Russia people will expect the same from you.

RM beat their women : Maybe some, but I never seen it happen. What I did see was that when an argument goes to high in emotions, one of the parties backs down to avoid the conflict becoming physical.

Low age of RM: My inlaws are another example of high age. While the grandfathers died around 70 due to their over-use of alcohol and tobacco after the war, my father-in-law has passed 70 with good ealth. On the female side anything below 80 seems to be young to die.

As far as culture is concerned, if you feel that American culture and habits should conquer the world, you should not marry a RW. Otherwise things will be fine.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline Amerkanski

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2010, 12:49:04 PM »
That's great.  Suppose a guy who's writing to a sweet, unassuming RW with no issues similar to the ones you've described, comes here and reads your informative posts; how exactly is he supposed to apply this priceless information to his budding relationship?  

Or do you intend your generalizations to be helpful to those writing to the "bad and the ugly", but not quite realizing it yet?  But as soon as they read your informative posts, the "straight truth" will suddenly dawn on them?  :-\

I think you grossly under-estimate American men intelligence. Honestly.

Offline Blues Fairy

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2010, 12:51:59 PM »

I think you do.

Offline OmegaSupreme

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2010, 12:53:02 PM »

Judging by much of what I've seen here on this board so far, no she hasn't. At least not for many of the men who seem to find their way here.

Offline Amerkanski

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2010, 12:53:36 PM »

Offline Amerkanski

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2010, 12:57:38 PM »
Judging by much of what I've seen here on this board so far, no she hasn't. At least not for many of the men who seem to find their way here.

I honestly don't care (respectfully) because this thread is directed to American men going to Russia and she's not male or American.

Offline alex330

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2010, 01:01:04 PM »
Any noticeable differences between the different FSU countries in regards to the women? Do you have any experiences with women from other FSU countries.

Offline Ade

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2010, 01:03:39 PM »
I honestly don't care (respectfully) because this thread is directed to American men going to Russia and she's not male or American.

But she seems to know RW better than you do...

FWIW, my wife, her family and her friends are nothing like you've described so maybe you've been unlucky, or maybe you hang out with the wrong crowd or perhaps you aren't that good at judging people.

Or perhaps my wife, her family and friends are from that very rare and almost extinct Russian ethnic minority that are actually quite nice people?

:D

Offline Amerkanski

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2010, 01:08:03 PM »
Any noticeable differences between the different FSU countries in regards to the women? Do you have any experiences with women from other FSU countries.

Yes, because I am in my early 40's and never dated a 21 year old and never will. Actually, it use to sicken me to see older Western men chasing women in their 20's in Russia. In short, it is not long before they get what they deserve and it's usually expensive.  8)

Offline CanadaMan

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2010, 01:10:19 PM »
This seems like the perfect thread for me to ask these next questions.

Is it true that Russian women often take on married Russian men as lovers?
Ie. it's quite the norm in Russia?

If it is true, can you please explain why this is done, especially from the point of view of the women?

Offline Amerkanski

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2010, 01:12:17 PM »
But she seems to know RW better than you do...

FWIW, my wife, her family and her friends are nothing like you've described so maybe you've been unlucky, or maybe you hang out with the wrong crowd or perhaps you aren't that good at judging people.

Or perhaps my wife, her family and friends are from that very rare and almost extinct Russian ethnic minority that are actually quite nice people?

That's great. Again, if you read "my" thread it is directed to American men going to Russia. Also, if you read my thread this MY OPINION. If you don't like MY OPINION then don't read "my" thread. Simple?

Offline Blues Fairy

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2010, 01:21:36 PM »
If you don't like MY OPINION then don't read "my" thread. Simple?

If you don't like your opinion contradicted,  don't post on a public forum.  There are no proprietary threads here, everyone has a right to post.

Offline OmegaSupreme

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2010, 01:23:20 PM »
That's great. Again, if you read "my" thread it is directed to American men going to Russia. Also, if you read my thread this MY OPINION. If you don't like MY OPINION then don't read "my" thread. Simple?

Just keep this in mind while handing out your advice...

You are obviously someone who is entirely jaded with Russian women. You come here as a newbie to an already established forum with long-time members, many of whom have successful relationships with FSU women. There are also a number of FSU women who post here regularly. You are coming across to them as someone who supposedly knows better than they do. How exactly would you expect them to react? Should the guys who are new to this pursuit follow your advice or follow theirs? Which would be the more logical course? Just some food for thought.

Offline Amerkanski

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2010, 01:24:29 PM »
If you don't like your opinion contradicted,  don't post on a public forum.  There are no proprietary threads here, everyone has a right to post.

I am amazed on how much attention you need. Are you an American male going to Russia?

Offline alex330

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2010, 01:24:47 PM »
And your suggestion for a solid plan/relationship and process in bringing over a Russian partner?

Offline SMS60

« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2010, 01:25:49 PM »
aaaaaandddd were off :arguing:
Quote from: Simoni on Today at 09:06:15 AM
But my understanding is that "Anything Goes" does not really mean "anything" if that "anything" violates the TOS.

Offline Amerkanski

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2010, 01:27:24 PM »
Just keep this in mind while handing out your advice...

You are obviously someone who is entirely jaded with Russian women. You come here as a newbie to an already established forum with long-time members, many of whom have successful relationships with FSU women. There are also a number of FSU women who post here regularly. You are coming across to them as someone who supposedly knows better than they do. How exactly would you expect them to react? Should the guys who are new to this pursuit follow your advice or follow theirs? Which would be the more logical course? Just some food for thought.

Great, now it's my turn. how about they take both our advice and....wait for it.....form their own opinion..

Offline Amerkanski

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2010, 01:31:07 PM »
And your suggestion for a solid plan/relationship and process in bringing over a Russian partner?

simple answer: Live there. You will understand her and culture. The very first step I would suggest.

Offline Ade

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2010, 01:31:45 PM »

Seems to me your attitude plainly describes why you end up with the women you describe...

Offline pitbull

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2010, 01:33:52 PM »
Amerikanski,

With all the numerous "bad and ugly" traits that RW possess, why would an American Man even want to marry a RW? There should be very strong upside to offset all the negative things.

What are those in your opinion?
Or would your general advice be to not pursue an RW at all?
Be the person that your dog thinks you are

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541781
Total Topics: 20876
Most Online Today: 1623