It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Opinions Please....ducks, "Hey not those kinds...they hurt!!!!  (Read 16959 times)

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
I am exchanging some emails with a lady who claims to be from Lubotin (Lyubotin?). Keeps insisting the nearest big city is Kiev even though google maps show it 20 kilometers from Kharkiv. All her photos are professional. I have asked for family ones or one with her parrot, claims she doesn't have a camera or any "on disc."
One of the first things I did was google her email address and it comes up on romancescam.com. I asked them why she was there (had she actually asked anyone for money?) and the reply was no, she was found on some other scammer list and so that was good enough for them.
She shows up on MANY dating site, no sin there, I am on a bunch myself, alot of which I never signed up for.
She gave me her phone number early on and we have spoken on the phone. She is warmer in her letters than she is on the phone, no surprises there.
She claims to be a painter and told me about a making a painting for me, asked for my input then changed the theme when I did. Maybe she didn't have a painting with what I requested :)
I am going to paste the last couple letters from her here and let me know what you think. I have warning bells going off but I do tend to have a very low tolerance for anything I even remotely smell as scam.

Oh, Joey, here you are!

You can’t imagine my gladness to see your letter here! Well, you know, when I woke up in the morning the first thought was about you… I thought about you when I had a shower, had my breakfast. I think it would be so great to wake up together in the morning, right? So, Joey, I can tell you that I really missed you… And I felt that your letter was waiting for me! And you can’t imagine my happiness when I sat in front of a computer, open my mail… and there was your letter!!! :-)) Oh, and you know, what words did I tell to myself? They were “thank you”!!! But, Joey, who should I thank? :-) I think I should thank you that you have the time to write me a letter and give me such sweet minutes of pleasure when I read your letters! Oh, unfortunately I don't have the photos with my family on the disk :-( Actually, I don't have a camera to take them :-( As for this photos, I told you that I asked my collegues to take them of me at work. Then they give me them on disk. So, Joey, it is their work. I took them especially for you. I hope you like them, right?

And, Joey, you know, I feel so great when I write the letter to you! It seems to me that I can tell you everything… I have the feeling that I share with you thoughts, dreams than more with my friends… You are more than a friend for me! And I really like this feeling very much!

You know, Joey, sometimes it seems to me that I can do everything for you, but I don’t know what I can do for you… As for me, I am happy that you exist in this world and now it is enough for my happiness. But, you know, more I communicate with you, more I want to see you in reality… to feel your presence not only in my thoughts and in your letter… I want to feel your presence near me. I would like to feel the warmth of your body, your hands embracing me… Maybe I ask to much… I don’t know, but I think that every woman wants to be with a man who she really likes and who she dreams about, right? And I am not an exception…

Oh, Joey, I hope you remember about a picture I am going to paint for you! Well, I decided to paint the beach where is no people. I want to paint a romantic place where is the blue water and… sunset! I think it would be so romantic to have a kiss with you in such a place! Actually, you know, it is no matter where to be with you. The most important for me is to be with you! To tell you the truth, I really want it and I hope that my dream will be in reality soon! And do you have any dreams about us? For example, do you imagine our first meeting? Or the first kiss? Tell me about this more! I want to hear your ideas and thoughts so much! I am waiting for your letter with a big impatience! Kiss you!

Your

Oh, Joey, it is nice to get your letter!

Hello! How are you? Oh, I was waiting for your letter with a big impatience! It was so interesting for me to read it! I like to read about your life, thoughts… Did you notice that we are interested in each other more and more? It is something amazing! I think it is so wonderful that we are in each other’s lives! Oh, Joey, thank you that you told me some interesting information about you! You know, Joey, I also was afraid of darkness when I was a small girl. :-)

I see that my English lessons are so important for us! Especially now… because it gives me an opportunity to know you better.  And the most important is that I don’t need my letters to be translated by somebody else. I know that anybody can read your letters, which are only for me! It is like a small secret! Isn’t it great?

Well, Joey, what can I tell you today? My days are great now! And you are the reason of it! Do you know why? Because you are in my life! And I notice that I think about you more and more. Sometimes it seems to me strange because we don’t know each other… But I so often think of you!!!

Oh, Joey, you know, I decided to make a present for you! I think that we will meet one day and I will give it to you! So, maybe it is nothing special… but I hope you will like it! Do you want to know what it is? Oh, ok, I won’t tease you! :-)) Well, yesterday I was alone at home and I was thinking of you. Then I took a paintbrush and started to draw… I started to draw some lines on the paper thinking of you. Did you guess what it was? So, Joey, I decided to paint a picture for you… a big picture! I want to paint a romantic place somewhere in the forest where is beautiful lake, a lot of green trees… And there are only you and me. Oh, of course, I won’t paint us there :-) I will paint a romantic place where we could spend a great time! Do you like it? You can give me some advice. Maybe you want to see something more on this picture. And I will try to paint it there! I am waiting for your ideas!

Oh, Joey, you know, it will be really a big pleasure to do it for me! You know, I want to do it for you from my heart!

Oh, actually, I don’t know how to tell you… but, you know, I started to be addicted with your letters, I understand that you are important for me now… I know that we know each other not for a long period of time, but you started to be a special person for me. I feel that it is a good feeling, and sometimes I understand that we are becoming closer to each other… and I don’t know what I shall do with this feeling… but, you know... I like it!!!

Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline Aloe

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Opinions Please....ducks, "Hey not those kinds...they hurt!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 09:08:27 AM »
damn you must be really good... "sweet minutes of plasure" and that's just over email haha. unless you've been talking a really long time, sounds fake to me. too much emotion for a stranger.

Offline Bored1

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 09:10:23 AM »
Not how I write a man I not know.  :-\

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 09:26:16 AM »
damn you must be really good... "sweet minutes of plasure" and that's just over email haha. unless you've been talking a really long time, sounds fake to me. too much emotion for a stranger.

Thats what I think too. A sincere person won't talk like that.
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 09:40:26 AM »
Scammers are improving much but, not that much. Your I love you letter will come I wager inside the next 6-7 letters  :-\

Offline russianfront

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 09:45:35 AM »
Sorry dude I just couldn't bring myself to read her letters to you, its too personal. Its up to you to decide if she is genuine or not. I hope other members can help you, for me I just couldn't read it and if she ever found out you did (assuming she is NOT a scammer) you will be in a world of trouble with her.
Just my opinion for what it's worth..

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 10:14:50 AM »
Scammers are improving much but, not that much. Your I love you letter will come I wager inside the next 6-7 letters  :-\

That's what I am thinking...

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 10:16:49 AM »
Sorry dude I just couldn't bring myself to read her letters to you, its too personal. Its up to you to decide if she is genuine or not. I hope other members can help you, for me I just couldn't read it and if she ever found out you did (assuming she is NOT a scammer) you will be in a world of trouble with her.

You have a very valid point. But I'm that sure she is a scammer. Been thru this scenario too many times. I have asked for her address three times and she just ignores it. You got deep feelings for someone but won't give them your address?
I think NOT![/b]

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 10:32:03 AM »
You have a very valid point. But I'm that sure she is a scammer. Been thru this scenario too many times. I have asked for her address three times and she just ignores it. You got deep feelings for someone but won't give them your address?
I think NOT![/b]

I did not know you had asked for her address. I can name that tune in 3 notes errr letters.

Offline Sculpto

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 11:20:39 AM »
Josefina.. it stinks like SCAM to me.  Here is a quick way to test her.. tell her you want to send a gift from victorias secret and send her the link.  See what she chooses.  A real girl thta you never met will be super modest and might even refuse.  Its not guaranteed to work, but, it has worked for me several times now.

Otherwise, get someone who lives in her vicinity to check her out.  There are all kinds of excuses that can be used. 

Offline GoodOlBoy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 11:24:50 AM »

I have to agree with Russianfront.

Posting personal letters from your lady is to crass for my PC standards (and my standards, according to RWD Management, are pretty low).

I am sure it is entertaining for some to read, However.......

I can't wait to hear the howling from Doll and Silverbullet about this!

If they got bent out of shape about a couple of decent pictures being posted by Law.......well I can only imagine what intimate letters will bring forth.

GOB
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 11:28:40 AM by GoodOlBoy »
“For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo......... Geronimo E.K.I.A.”

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 11:25:32 AM »
Josefina.. it stinks like SCAM to me.  Here is a quick way to test her.. tell her you want to send a gift from victorias secret and send her the link.  See what she chooses.  A real girl thta you never met will be super modest and might even refuse.  Its not guaranteed to work, but, it has worked for me several times now.

Otherwise, get someone who lives in her vicinity to check her out.  There are all kinds of excuses that can be used. 

If he had some doubt I'd say go this way but, he appears to have none. I say forget her now and move on. I am an advocate of do not waste time on a scammer or anything remotely close to a scammer. Life is too short.  ;)

Offline Gator

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 01:32:35 PM »
I googled a few phrases from her letters with the word "scam" and I found nothing.  Scam artists tend to cut and paste, and rarely write original stuff.

As others noted, she writes with too much emotion for a typical RW who has never met you.  However, she is an artist, and artists are not as reserved emotionally as typical people.  A RW artist once wrote me that for Valentine's Day she was thinking about sending me her panties with her "scent."   ;)  When I asked her if she kisses with her eyes open, she asked what part of the body was I kissing.  She was real and sincere, at least as sincere as a "live wire" can be.

IF you like women with the emotions of an artist, I suggest that you keep writing.  So far she has asked for nothing, just hinted at a camera.  BTW, most artists would own a camera and enjoy it immensely.

You should send her a letter with one sentence:  a question asking for her address.  Then send her something, such as Kuna's famous outline of his hand with his cologne.  No gifts, but something an artist would appreciate.  Do not be surprised that she writes back and says she sleeps with your hand on her body.

Offline GoodOlBoy

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 02:09:54 PM »
...However, she is an artist, and artists are not as reserved emotionally as typical people..... 

Ohhhhh Sculpto!!!!  :evil:

Then send her something, such as Kuna's famous outline of his hand with his cologne.  No gifts, but something an artist would appreciate.  Do not be surprised that she writes back and says she sleeps with your hand on her body.

Sorry Gator,BUT....I have to disagree with your words of wisdom.

We constantly tell AM to be "themselves" with RW and then turn around and tell them what to do, how to behave, etc. etc.

IMHO this is wrong.

The man should just be "the man", sink or swim.

If this relationship did mature, she would wonder later, why he isn't doing the things RWD members "instructed" him to do earlier.

My opinion, always be yourself.  8)

Do what comes naturally for you with your RW.

GOB

BTW......My wife doesn't like imitators.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 02:13:12 PM by GoodOlBoy »

Offline Gator

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009, 02:28:41 PM »

Sorry Gator,BUT....I have to disagree with your words of wisdom.

We constantly tell AM to be "themselves" with RW and then turn around and tell them what to do, how to behave, etc. etc.

IMHO this is wrong.

The man should just be "the man", sink or swim.

If this relationship did mature, she would wonder later, why he isn't doing the things RWD members "instructed" him to do earlier.

My opinion, always be yourself.  8)

Do what comes naturally for you with your RW.

GOB

BTW......My wife doesn't like imitators.

I agree, always be yourself.  What am I suggesting that Jolly do that is not Jolly?

BTW, after being married to a RW, I am no longer my former self.  I think I am an improved man.

Offline GoodOlBoy

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2009, 02:36:01 PM »
Then send her something, such as Kuna's famous outline of his hand with his cologne.  No gifts, but something an artist would appreciate. 

Imitate Kuna's behavior.

Be a "little" Kuna.  :D

GOB

Offline Gator

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2009, 04:41:24 PM »
GOB,

Now I understand.

None of us are perfect, not even you nor Kuna.  However, what worked for one man should be considered. 

I thought the "Kuna hand" was outstanding, and it cost nothing.  I wish that I had thought of it.  And his woman loved it, even though it cost nothing other than a stamp. 

That was my point - a sincere woman would appreciate the gesture.  A scammer would ask, "Where is camera?"

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2009, 04:42:58 PM »

Posting personal letters from your lady is to crass for my PC standards (and my standards, according to RWD Management, are pretty low).

GOB

She is not my lady and I doubt the sincerity of it. If you go to romancescam.com you will read trillions of personal letters.

I was married to an artist, a world class (yes, I do mean WORLD CLASS) pianist for over ten years. Her mother was/is an artist (oils on canvas), Putin has been to two of her openings in Moscow (I have the photos, no they weren't PhotoShopped) so I know a bit about how emotional an artist can be.
No artist has ever written a letter to me like these before I have even met her. I know I am God's gift to women but c'mon, let be real. Only scammers have written to me like this after five or six emails. And I have no proof she is even an artist. She states to have no photos of her with her family or parrot? NOT ! ! ! The photos are probably stolen. She is even beginning to repeat the same photos she sends in her emails now.

I like the idea of an email with only a request for her address. I am going to do that then tell her I have no more time to waste on her.

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2009, 04:45:36 PM »
GOB,

Now I understand.

None of us are perfect, not even you nor Kuna.  However, what worked for one man should be considered. 

I thought the "Kuna hand" was outstanding, and it cost nothing.  I wish that I had thought of it.  And his woman loved it, even though it cost nothing other than a stamp. 

That was my point - a sincere woman would appreciate the gesture.  A scammer would ask, "Where is camera?"

Now that smacks of class :)

Online Faux Pas

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2009, 06:23:18 PM »

I am sure it is entertaining for some to read, However.......

I can't wait to hear the howling from Doll and Silverbullet about this!

If they got bent out of shape about a couple of decent pictures being posted by Law.......well I can only imagine what intimate letters will bring forth.

GOB

>>(and my standards, according to RWD Management, are pretty low)<<

Actually, I am not sure what your 'standards' are GOB. It is impossible to determine through your intensely biting sarcasm.

In any case, I don't recall "RWD Management" ever taking any position on your "standards" - only on a few of your actions and behaviors here at RWD - which has a wide range.

- Dan

Offline ScottinCrimea

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2009, 06:40:09 PM »
I googled a few phrases from her letters with the word "scam" and I found nothing.  Scam artists tend to cut and paste, and rarely write original stuff.

I did the same and also found nothing.  This only means that to this point no one has done what JR did and posted them somewhere.  Now if anyone does a search they will find this thread and will at least have more information than they had before.

I didn't think there was anything so intimate in the letters that it was ungentlemanly to post them.  They are NOT in an intimate relationship (At least according to JR).

What I really liked about the letters was how there was a place in practically every paragraph to insert the name of the man of the moment.

Offline GoodOlBoy

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2009, 07:03:26 PM »
GOB,

Now I understand.

Actually Gator I saw this "hand" thing posted about 5 or 6 years ago on RWG and I don't think the persons screen name was "Kuna".

Maybe "Freebird"?

Not sure.

GOB

Offline GoodOlBoy

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2009, 07:12:36 PM »
.... I want to feel your presence near me. I would like to feel the warmth of your body, your hands embracing me….... I think it would be so romantic to have a kiss with you in such a place! ....Or the first kiss? ..... I want to paint a romantic place somewhere in the forest where is beautiful lake, a lot of green trees… And there are only you and me.

I didn't think there was anything so intimate in the letters....

Sorry ScottinCrimea,But......Your idea of intimate and mine are a little different!

GOB

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2009, 07:19:32 PM »
I did the same and also found nothing.  This only means that to this point no one has done what JR did and posted them somewhere.  Now if anyone does a search they will find this thread and will at least have more information than they had before.

I didn't think there was anything so intimate in the letters that it was ungentlemanly to post them.  They are NOT in an intimate relationship (At least according to JR).

What I really liked about the letters was how there was a place in practically every paragraph to insert the name of the man of the moment.

Yeah, I noticed that too. There is a program call BAT which allows you to quickly tailor emails by inserting names (or whatever) into predetermined places slots. It was intended for mass mailings but scammers love it because they can use it to add a personal touch to "canned" letters. If someone is using the program it shows up in the header. At least it used to, perhaps it has become more sophisticated and can't be detected. It doesn't show in full header mode of her emails.
However she shows up on romancescam.com in a google search. That doesn't mean she is a scammer, someone could just be pissed at her because of rejection and posted against her out of spite.  
That is why I am asking for opinions. I have a very short fuse with scammers but I am trying to give her the benefit of the doubt by asking what you all think. I also don't want to get caught up in poor Bill's dilema. I wish him the best but in all honesty I think he's in for tuff time.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541782
Total Topics: 20876
Most Online Today: 1553
Most Online Ever: 12701