It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: С Днем Победы!  (Read 44861 times)

Offline Doll

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
С Днем Победы!
« on: May 09, 2015, 04:21:41 AM »

Offline Doll

Re: С Днем Победы!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 05:00:37 AM »

Offline sleepycat

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 05:43:35 AM »
Meanwhile, the rest of the world celebrates PLEASE-TELL-SOMEONE-WHO-CARES Day.

:ROFL:

Offline Boethius

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 07:42:49 AM »
Meanwhile, the president who ordered the invasion of a sovereign country, whose country has trained saboteurs, both their own and locals, to bomb cities and foment discord in that neighbouring country, who has provided weaponry and soldiers to kill the citizens of that neighbouring country, and demands it not sign treaties with the EU, had this to say -

Russian President Vladimir Putin, in his address to the annual Victory Day parade in Red Square, has said basic principles of international co-operation are increasingly being ignored — an apparent swipe at the United States.

The tightly scripted parade marks the surrender of Nazi Germany and the Red Army's key role in the defeat. Victory Day is Russia's most important secular holiday, both commemorating the Soviet Union's huge suffering in the war and highlighting Russia's portrayal of itself as a force for peace and security.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/putin-takes-swipe-at-us-in-victory-day-speech/ar-BBjsVGC?ocid=mailsignoutmd

I had to laugh at the absurdity of a leader whose country has done all of the above, plus shot down a civilian airliner recently invoking "international cooperation" and chiding other countries (i.e., the U.S.) for a lack thereof.  Even it it played well among the local rubes.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 07:46:46 AM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Doll

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 08:27:08 AM »
Boe, it's the greatest holiday for former USSR. Save your breath- it is not Putin's day.
What are you laughing ?

Sleepycat, it is a deepest ignorance and idiotism

Offline Boethius

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 08:28:48 AM »
As the greatest holiday, the Russian president should not have made such a controversial statement.  Even if it plays well among the local rubes.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Steamer

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 11:26:52 AM »
Boe, it's the greatest holiday for former USSR. Save your breath- it is not Putin's day.
What are you laughing ?

Sleepycat, it is a deepest ignorance and idiotism

They're upset because they believe the wrong side won and not their Waffen SS heroes.
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Offline sleepycat

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2015, 11:59:03 AM »
Just want to ask an ignorant question...

Is the video clip the Russian version of a Mardi Gras parade?  :rolleyes:

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2015, 02:04:59 PM »
It is indeed a shame that the St.Georges ribbon - that was worn with pride by veterans from modern day Ukraine is now a symbol of the 'ght against fascism' in Ukraine  - a nation where fascists can't poll 2 % in TWO free elections ..

Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline Boethius

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2015, 02:21:14 PM »

They're upset because they believe the wrong side won and not their Waffen SS heroes.

Please point to a post where I have stated I believe the wrong side won, or that I view the Waffen SS as heroes.

Unless you address this, I will be repeating this question to you every time you post.

And no, unlike you, I do not consider a former KGB agent, who had no problem sending others to their deaths for the crime of thinking differently, any sort of character to be admired.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 02:28:21 PM by Boethius »

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2015, 03:49:23 PM »

С Днем Победы!

Happy Victory Day!!
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Chicagoguy

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2015, 07:18:57 PM »
I can tell you it is a big day of celebration in my wife's family. She goes home every year for it. Her 90 year old father was much decorated and wears his ribbons and medals proudly. A T-34 tank driver who was wounded many times and has many hair raising stories.

Unfortunately their parade is not for the common people. Not many seats, but I have seen some action as they exit behind St. Basils.

I was told in WW II Russia lost many, many times more men than U.S. Plus all the civilians. Millions. For the U.S. I read 400,000 casualties. Not to take away from our efforts but to give Russia their due.

Offline Ludmila

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2015, 07:39:27 PM »
Boetius, George Bush senior was the HEAD not just an agent of the US top inelligence agency. It didn't affect his popularity in any way.
So your mentioning of Putin's former post is totally irrelevant and worthless, as any posts you're writing.

Offline Ludmila

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2015, 07:45:02 PM »
Just want to ask an ignorant question...

Is the video clip the Russian version of a Mardi Gras parade?  :rolleyes:

Sleepy cat, we understood you're into munching and celebrate munchies in a parade. Got anything to say on the subject? At least something?

Offline Ludmila

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2015, 07:54:35 PM »
Meanwhile, the rest of the world celebrates PLEASE-TELL-SOMEONE-WHO-CARES Day.

:ROFL:
The rest of the world is  who ? You? Your village? Your Walmart/backhoe coworkers? Meanwhile, San Fran, for example,  can be considered a portion of the rest of the world. I do know they are  preparing for the gay parade in San Fran. Folks in SF are complaining that the gay community is aggressively spreading info leaflets in offices of the corporate world. Take all the pride you can, Mr. Cynicism

Offline Boethius

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2015, 08:09:32 PM »
Boetius, George Bush senior was the HEAD not just an agent of the US top inelligence agency. It didn't affect his popularity in any way.
So your mentioning of Putin's former post is totally irrelevant and worthless, as any posts you're writing.

I don't recall stating I was an admirer of George H.W. Bush.   Please point to any post where I have so stated.  You are the right wing zealot, just as you were, in a previous life, a Komsomol zealot, and no doubt, a party member informing on classmates and neighbours.  The leopard's spots, after all, rarely change.

So your post mentioning George H.W. Bush is totally irrelevant and worthless, as is every post that you write. 

BTW, your English syntax is poor, as it usually slips when you are hot under the collar.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 08:11:31 PM by Boethius »

Offline sleepycat

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2015, 08:12:25 PM »

So your mentioning of transgender Putin's former post is totally irrelevant and worthless, as any posts you're writing.

As compared to the quality of your Putinist spew?   :rolleyes:

Offline Ludmila

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2015, 08:16:29 PM »
Please point to a post where I have stated I believe the wrong side won, or that I view the Waffen SS as heroes.

Unless you address this, I will be repeating this question to you every time you post.

And no, unlike you, I do not consider a former KGB agent, who had no problem sending others to their deaths for the crime of thinking differently, any sort of character to be admired.
Boe, you have reading comprehesion problems. Once again, my point was that your mentioning of Putin's former post was irrelevant because Bush senior had the same post. So mentioning it was illogical and didn't hit the mark.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2015, 08:19:43 PM »
I understood you just fine.

The original point was not that a former KGB officer is now Russian president.  It was that Steamer has expressed admiration for this killer.   But, I shouldn't have expected you to understand that.  Neither reading comprehension, nor, for that matter, the desire thereof, have ever been your strong suits.

Offline Ludmila

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2015, 08:23:21 PM »

I don't recall stating I was an admirer of George H.W. Bush.   Please point to any post where I have so stated.  You are the right wing zealot, just as you were, in a previous life, a Komsomol zealot, and no doubt, a party member informing on classmates and neighbours.  The leopard's spots, after all, rarely change.

So your post mentioning George H.W. Bush is totally irrelevant and worthless, as is every post that you write. 

BTW, your English syntax is poor, as it usually slips when you are hot under the collar.

lordtiberius

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2015, 08:41:02 PM »

As a right wing zealot myself, I will only say that some of us, dare I say most of us care about human Rights.

Offline Steamer

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2015, 08:45:34 PM »

Every time when I post photos of crowds of goose stepping zieg hielers parading through town and you deny what's happening or make the Benderites sound like Boy Scouts on a camping trip you are showing your support for Waffen SS by default. Since most Benderites fled UA to Canada after the war I can understand your sympathy to them but it doesn't change who they are.
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Offline Ludmila

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2015, 09:00:24 PM »

Every time when I post photos of crowds of goose stepping zieg hielers parading through town and you deny what's happening or make the Benderites sound like Boy Scouts on a camping trip you are showing your support for Waffen SS by default. Since most Benderites fled UA to Canada after the war I can understand your sympathy to them but it doesn't change who they are.
You have hit the nail on its head, Steamer. This dots all the "i''s about her motivation to be on this forum.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2015, 09:03:08 PM »
I have never denied that OUN-B committed war crimes, and I can link the posts where I have so stated.  What I have posted is that there is no historical evidence that Bandera himself ordered those war crimes.   If that evidence ever appears, I will accept it.  But, it has not, yet.  Therefore, you still have not proven your assertion, and I will continue to ask for evidence when you make such spurious allegations.

Incidentally, almost all my family emigrated to Canada before WWI.  My Grandmother came about 1930 or so.  So, the politics of the post WWII Ukrainian emigration never affected me, and was neither in my family history, nor among my immediate surroundings growing up.  It doesn't touch me in any way, and therefore, your assumption in this regard is misguided.

I just don't like historical inaccuracy, which happens to be largely motivated by politics.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 09:17:51 PM by Boethius »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2015, 09:03:47 PM »
You have hit the nail on its head, Steamer. This dots all the "i''s about her motivation to be on this forum.

Given that you assumed I was a Jew (referring to my as "special", the way only a true Russian patriot would refer to someone Jewish), you wouldn't know my motivations if they came up and bit you in the . . .
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 09:06:47 PM by Boethius »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541778
Total Topics: 20876
Most Online Today: 1474
Most Online Ever: 12701