It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Opinions Please....ducks, "Hey not those kinds...they hurt!!!!  (Read 16941 times)

Offline OlgaH

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Opinions Please....ducks, "Hey not those kinds...they hurt!!!!
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2009, 07:04:44 PM »
Through OVIR the Ukraine international  passport cost from 356 hryvnias to 900 hryvnias
http://www.tourua.com/ru/tournews/info-40814.html

hryvnia in US dollars
http://www.ufs.kiev.ua/currency/converter.php?amount=1&from=UAH&to=USD

I just can guess what her next request will be  :)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 07:10:15 PM by OlgaH »

Offline ECOCKS

• To those who deserve it, good luck.
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2009, 07:16:24 PM »
OK, got an email this morning, all mushy and lovey-dovey. Seems I'm the only man for her, there could never be anyone else. I am such a stud! :)
So she has decided to come to me, why not? We should be together!

My bet is that the next letter will go something like this: "I was on my way home from work yesterday and passed a travel agency......

Then will come the tally of funds necessary and the sad fact that though she has begged both relatives and friends with alike she could only come up with $120. She won't knwo what to do because she NEEDS to be with me and can't imagine living without me.....what's to be done?

Maybe, just maybe she'll hold off for one more letter before she actually requests money but I'll bet my last dollar it's coming.
OK, she asked for money to get a passport. Says their VERY expensive. Can anyone tell me what the cost for a Ukrianian passport is? Thanks.

The drama builds...as does the comedy.
Pick and choose carefully among the advice offered and consider the source carefully. PM, Skype or email if you care to chat or discuss

Offline Sculpto

« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2009, 08:20:53 PM »
well. it depends on what stage your letters to her are..

have you written anything remotely erotic?

if not.. try this and see what happens..

ignore her request for money.. start off a normal letter and then tell her you were thinking about something since she is so into you.. tell her her emotions got you going and you hope she wont mind but you want to write her about what you would like to do with her the first time you see her.. then.. cut and paste something erotic with a touch of the kind of romance novel stuff a woman would like.. maybe personalize it a little... wait and see if and how she replies.

If you get a positive response and erotica in return.. and especially if the erotica is coupled with another request for money.. ask her to send a nude shot with her holding a sign saying Hi Jolly and see what happens.  If you get the nude shot, which I highly doubt.. we can go from there.

Or, just post her images, links to her profiles and her letters on every anti scam site there is and block the bitches email address.

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2009, 11:05:47 PM »
Thanks Olga. Now I'll see how much she asks for. I'll bet it'll be quite a bit more than the passport really costs :)

And SCULPTO, I was thinking more along the lines of telling her the money is waiting for her in Odessa and then giving her the address of some scam dating agency :) I doubt very seriously the photos she has send are hers. So not much chance of the nude photo thing.
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline Sculpto

« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2009, 11:24:00 PM »
if you are going to send her on a goose chase why not do it where she actually can believe it?

Its hard to say if it is the actual woman running the scam.. there are rogues and there are organized gangs.. the only thing that leads  me to believe it might actually be the woman is there aren't enough complaints and the time period is spread out..

Offline Ooooops

« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2009, 01:59:56 AM »
The drama builds...as does the comedy.

Twelfth Night, Or What You Will...

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2009, 04:05:03 PM »
Its hard to say if it is the actual woman running the scam.. there are rogues and there are organized gangs.. the only thing that leads  me to believe it might actually be the woman is there aren't enough complaints and the time period is spread out..

I don't think it is her. All the photos are professional. One of the pictures is with a tiger (not stuffed). She said the circus was in town and so why not to have her picture taken with it? It was a staged, professional photo not an impromtu snapshot. I have asked for and not recieved a casual photo of her with parents/parrot/friends and always it has been brushed off.
I have spoken with her (or more correctly a female claiming to be her) on the phone twice and while her English is near fluent her demeanor is quite different from her letters. She is much more reserved and aloof while on the phone. Though in fairness I have found this to be true of AMs also. I still believe she is a scammer and will never meet the person in the photos.
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2009, 05:16:44 AM »
I don't think it is her. All the photos are professional. One of the pictures is with a tiger (not stuffed). She said the circus was in town and so why not to have her picture taken with it? It was a staged, professional photo not an impromtu snapshot.
Reminds me of the 'casual' picture I got one time from an 'admirer'.
I replied her she should not wear those sunglasses in a studio and the photographer should clean his desk (which was in the reflection) I never heard from her again. Snif. :evil:
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2009, 10:47:58 PM »
Thanks Olga. Now I'll see how much she asks for. I'll bet it'll be quite a bit more than the passport really costs :)

You are welcome. I think the next things should be visa, tickets and maybe some dollars for  pocket money  :)

Offline Sculpto

« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2009, 10:58:16 PM »
I don't think it is her. All the photos are professional. One of the pictures is with a tiger (not stuffed). She said the circus was in town and so why not to have her picture taken with it? It was a staged, professional photo not an impromtu snapshot. I have asked for and not recieved a casual photo of her with parents/parrot/friends and always it has been brushed off.
I have spoken with her (or more correctly a female claiming to be her) on the phone twice and while her English is near fluent her demeanor is quite different from her letters. She is much more reserved and aloof while on the phone. Though in fairness I have found this to be true of AMs also. I still believe she is a scammer and will never meet the person in the photos.

did you call her or did she call you?

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2009, 05:52:30 PM »
I called her, twice I think it was.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Opinions Please....ducks, "Hey not those kinds...they hurt!!!!
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2024, 03:21:34 PM »

And SCULPTO, I was thinking more along the lines of telling her the money is waiting for her in Odessa

Wasting time with scammers is a combination of scammer school (helping them get better)
and wasting time when you can be sifting through the sand and gravel to find the gold which
some day could be your wife.

If you want to waste your time put on some music and see how many Russian words you
know on a Russian language learning site instead.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541781
Total Topics: 20876
Most Online Today: 1588
Most Online Ever: 12701